FG TO BECOME MEMBERS ONLY CLUB!
Posted
29 minutes ago, RenFengge said:

Dare I ask what has come of this idea?

You have to ignore the title - it was a joke by Didds to get people to actually get people looking at the situation of the fact we completely rely on our own money and fantastic donations from FGers to keep FG going - especially the maintenance of the website and its supporting services, the FG Feel Good Fund (FGFGF) and additional things such as creating private FG servers for all of us to play on together.

I'm always very VERY conscious on how much we ask and remind people of donations. I didn't remind people much at all over the last year (until recently lower down on an FGFGF post) on how important this is as to what stuff happens here, but clearly that was for good reason whilst we've all been likely to have been hit in lots of different ways due to this Global Pandemic no one could've ever predicted.

Always open to people seeing this more and different ways to keep it in the back of people's minds - i have been seeing if there are ways of making options open on FG somewhere to just help collect regular donations for people that have offered to donate regularly but want something just to auto do it for themselves. I think i can do that if some want it still.

The only other option that i've had on the backburner is some form of reward scheme linked to donations but its very difficult with a place like ours. People should feel like they want to donate to a family rather than 'Become a fully fledged Member only by donating'. If we keep getting donations regularly then we may never have to think of this - if not, then you could argue it has to be available in some way to keep our fun going. It can be one where some care, others don't kind of thing.

My ears are always open to you lot on your views 🤗👍

Forum Signature Test.png

Some Changes...
Posted
On 1/22/2021 at 11:56 AM, BO7H B4RRELS said:

I hate it.  I want a refund.  

Nice job Lee 🙂  You're the man.  I really like how it showcases everything right up front.  

My one constructive criticism is that I wish our color was a little more red and a little less pinkish.  

Thanks Tommy. No refunds though, I need that money to pay for food for the wife and kids, obvs 😄

We needed to show more of everything here as its just so underutilised its a real shame. Hopefully first impressions seems to be helping it.

re: pinkish colour, I'll take a look at that at some point. Our red in the FG is actually off red already and that red is the same FG red with transparent elements added so its possibly the faded colour that is doing that. I'd like to get more done so we can switch up when we want so maybe use a few different colours from our pallette. Cheers man.

Anyone else hoping for specific Game Hub pages at all? I mean I kick things off but will clearly need quite a bit of help to keep it in tiptop condition.

Forum Signature Test.png

Some Changes...
Posted
25 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

Looking good.

On the Forum, it would be good that when you click the Gran Turismo link if, instead of taking you here .....it took you here instead. Might as well direct to the new Hub 🙂

Cheers @GazzaGarratt

Yeah...when i did, we didn't have a GT subforum....now we do so i'll update it now!🤣

Forum Signature Test.png

Some Changes...
Posted

Cheers all. I know most aren't into feedback and all that jazz but I really do appreciate it. Anything constructive too. We can't make our FG better if we don't know how everyone feels. Its a radical change but we've needed some of it for a while. It also means alot of space for scope because some things are technically 'unfinished' in my eyes so room for all your ideas and - hopefully - some type of support that you all feel like you can get involved in and do yourselves to make this place even better.

In short:

• Brand New Homepage - better ways to not lose sight of the fact our place here is way more than just a forum now
  • New Game Hubs Page
  • New Patch Updates function - to be introduced for games of our choice
  • Opens up more multiple pages of stuff to be added - which could be literally anything
  • Merch updated with a few things we've previously ordered and know it works
  • Brand new Polls page - wrapping up every poll across the entire site in one place
  • Articles to be used as a place to better show off our FG game night stories - and everything else blog like
  • and clearly loads more potential
  • extra work went into to make the views work for desktop, tablet and mobile views

Just keep talking up and sound off. Its been a great start to 2021 for FG with all the things going on so far; obviously i'm a little busy atm with 5 more little crazy ones to look after for a while but i'm doing what i can to make this year a fucking great one. Heres hoping theres some inspiration in there that you too want to jump on the bandwagon 🤠 (no horse and cart emoji, so you get a cowboy smile instead)

Forum Signature Test.png

Some Changes...
Posted

I've not had any sleep...but there are some changes made as of late last night to FG.

For a change, no long essay from me, no long explanation - go and have a look. Massive room for scope. Just want to hear your thoughts.

GGFG

Forum Signature Test.png

The Big FGFGF Xmas Has Begun!
Posted

No worries everyone. I didn't think even I would struggle for time and other things around this Christmas week but here we are! Kind of helps the fact you guys could see who won what before me as it was automatically done by the system.

Well done to @Spacedeck , @Plumbers Crack  and @Misneach_  getting the remaining presents from the Big FGFGF Xmas Giveaway. Hopefully, like @phil bottle says above, it gave many of you something to look at, get behind for a bit of fun and joy as that was the only intention because it was only for existing FGers. Sorry if you didn't win, if we can push through into 2021 to make it a better year (and our lives allow us to be generous in an unstable world to donate a few quid every so often) we can try and do some more throughout the year if this helps everybody?

Also, if you have more ideas of things to link other giveaways too then you know i'm all ears to give it a bash if we can make it work. GGFG everybody ❤️

Forum Signature Test.png

Posted
1 hour ago, Spacedeck said:

Thank you for these chances 🥰 Again, I'll take it as Steam credit please. Looks increasingly likely I'll be buying Hades 😁

Well at least I don't have to put up an update to who won the 21st December now! Of course Harold, our pleasure 😎

Forum Signature Test.png

Posted
57 minutes ago, IRaMPaGe said:

Lucky win Dan! It is the dankest prize imo. Personalised and looks comfy AF, definitely jealous. If George won the hoodie as well it's definitely a rigged system!

I wonder what kind of system Lee has in place for the winners. I would love to think it was a bit of toast strapped to a cat's back butterside up and dropped from a height.

🤣🤣 I'd have probably felt the sweat again if George took another 3! 😅

But in all seriousness, if anyone is actually curious to how these work, this is genuinely what could happen as I wanted it to feel like you could all ask for as many as you like - the alternative was put up just one raffle and you have the chance to win 1 prize out of 20 which could mean you get something you probably didn't want in the first place and you'd only have one chance to get stuff. I like the idea you all have a chance every day (although in an ideal world I would've loved it if every person won at least one thing but that's the double-edged sword of a system generated answer!)

I thought i'd just grab the answers from the Developer who created the 'Raffles' application system i've installed for this so you get the answer from the horses mouth on how it works:

image.png

Answer from Developer:

image.png

Programmer Code Below:

foreach( \IPS\Db::i()->select( '*', 'raffles_participants', array( 'rp_raffle_id=?', $raffle->id ), 'rand()', array( 0, count( $raffle->getParticipants() ) ) ) as $row )
		{
			$winners[] 				 = $row['rp_member_id'];
			$uniqWinners[ $row['rp_member_id'] ]     = $row['rp_member_id'];
		}

I think in the future we could do some live ones through different means, but if we're lucky enough to do stuff like this continually, then this works perfectly from my POV because I can set it up, it nicely fits in with the User Interface of the whole website and it takes care of itself. I can log in whenever I want to the same page you guys see and check out the winner later.

Like always, in the future if anyone ever wants to start getting involved more on these bits specifically, just let me know. It will also always depend on Donations too which is currently made up of what I put in to this place plus current other donations minus the proportion we need to keep the lights on around here and anything else e.g. private servers. The more we have in, the more Raffles/Giveaways and Feel Good Fund presents we can do throughout the year.

This application can set up Raffles where we can technically allow purchase of tickets for stuff but that wasn't what I wanted it for in the first place.

Forum Signature Test.png

You do not have permission to view this content.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy