First Impressions MW2 Multiplayer

GazzaGarratt

Lets hear them. Gamemodes, hit connection, lobbies, making groups, guns, perks, etc. Good to know how the first few days go for you all below! 🔽

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

Ah I have to say my first hour on it has been enjoyable, this is the first time I have dropped into COD on launch for quite some time and first impressions are good. There is the usual with COD lots of campers and players who have been ignoring the game mode somewhat but I have been enjoying it. The first few guns I have used have felt punchy and the maps seem decent (I like the one with ruins and the water you can swim round the edge or under the map, means you can be creative with your plan of attack).

I did have a bug earlier in that I couldn't launch the 3 missiles / planes?, is the SEA or something like that (can't remember the name of it). I brought up the tablet and it would not let me pick any points, that majorly sucked because I got 7 kills in like 30 seconds (Team death match), got that and could not launch it so had no killstreaks. I tried 4 times and the worst of it is that I could not back out each time so I had to wait for it to timeout (30 seconds a time) so lost 2 minutes of killing. I did finish on 17 kills though so did ok 🙂

But yeah first impressions are positive.

Luseth.png

Went to Game and grabbed it. 6-7 games in and I'm happy to say its feeling pretty solid and stable with a feel good factor from what I had in the Beta - if not better. Barely lost a game too which clearly helps but I find the early struggles are based around learning some new maps in the game, which is something that should get better over time anyway. I found using the default set classes that they give you really give you a great start to the game. If you use the M4 class they've created (press R1 before selecting a class), then it will level up the gun for you to customise your own class over time.

The 74-U still works well but doesn't feel OP. Better on close quarters games. Just needs some adjusting to the slowness of reloads and activating perks - UAVs and DDOS attacks can take ages for you to put the phone away so be mindful when you select them.

Whilst I'm no way near as fast when I used to play as a kid, I feel that because we've learned how to go around CoD maps through shared experiences, its really helped me get off to a flyer. I've never been in a positive KD position, playing the objective in any CoD game this early.

First expressions are good, I’m level 22 and just levelled up the m4 to 20, I still don’t understand everything there is to do with guns etc as haven’t played a cod for a good while but slowly getting there, I’m more of a rusher type player so like my smgs so finding one I like is interesting, the maps seem solid so far, the race track one is awesome to run around in but overall a positive start 👍

1 minute ago, SWAINEY84 said:

First expressions are good, I’m level 22 and just levelled up the m4 to 20, I still don’t understand everything there is to do with guns etc as haven’t played a cod for a good while but slowly getting there, I’m more of a rusher type player so like my smgs so finding one I like is interesting, the maps seem solid so far, the race track one is awesome to run around in but overall a positive start 👍

Expressions?? Impressions lol 

Spawn system is shit. 

I played on that Embassy map. Had somebody spawn right in front of me. Killed them, ran off and got shot in the back as somebody spawned right behind me. Then later I spawned in the same spot as the player above and I had spawned directly in front of somebody. 

fart.gif

I’m going to post this ignoring the partying up and regular crashing bugs.  They really shouldn’t be in a game of this size but hopefully they can be patched quickly and they don’t really effect gameplay.

So let’s start with the bad as we all like a good moan.

- Maps, or more specifically the border crossing map.  It has to be contender for the worst CoD map ever made.

- Gun customisation is just a mess and over complicated.  Why do I need to level up a battle rifle to get a scope for the M4?

- Talking about a mess and over complicated the UI definitely makes the bad list for me.  Why when starting a match do I press triangle to look at the gamemodes selected but then have to press square to change? Why doesn’t triangle take you straight in to the gamemode selection? and that is assuming you somehow noticed from the prompt to press triangle at top left corner to the prompt to press squaee in the bottom corner.  Or why are camo’s in the gunsmith? I kinda get why but it the extra steps seems unnecessary when you’re going to look in there regularly for challanges and progress.

- I still don’t like the perk system in this but guess we’re stuck with it

That’s enough morning for me though so the good.

- Maps, outside of the border crossing, are good in my opinion.

- Guns so far seem well balanced and nothing stands out as being too OP.  I’d also add that guns feel different too.  Some previous CoD’s smg’s have had such range and accuracy they made AR’s redundant.  But this has the balance of different guns being best in different situations and ranges.

Movement - I like the movement and so far there seems to have been a huge reduction in jumpy slidey around corner twats.  Whether that will change as SBMM kicks in more we shall see but first impressions are positive.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

Well first impressions, as I said last night I enjoyed my start with this game due to really having a long break and my change in attitude to MP games while finding how to have fun in destiny. 

If it wasn't for the forum nights like last night I wouldnt have bothered or if there was another solid FPS game out there that I enjoyed *cough* battlefield*cough* I wouldn't have bothered. 

All the stuff that is missing is a disgrace, go watch Nero's video, the maps are as expected awful for the most part but designed to be, the market map is by far the best and the road map, well whoever designed that needs to be fired along with those that ok'd it.

Gunplay was solid but only used the m4. The perk system wil be somewhat irrelevant as I'll find my favourite set up and probably never change that. 

I only had 1 crash but I was playing solo the crash bug was one reason the other being I can't do with all the "shit" gamemodes so I will mostly stick with KC. 

The main reasons, and I don't know how long this will last, for me enjoying last night was alcohol, chat not giving a shit about going positive or winning and using the pila as much as possible to get kills. Got that to level 3 last night on kills alone.

Oh yeah score in game why so small.

Now I knew this going in but it's not a good game, it could have been but once again map design sucks hopefully they do release the old maps and more to the point don't fuck with them. It will be something I play and get my monies worth out of due to it being a 2 year game but nothing like in the past.

Yeah that border crossing map is fucking awful. I've enjoyed every map I've played apart from that one. 

I really hate that both Ghost AND Dead Silence aren't unlocked til a late level (51 and 52 I think). Seems that IW just don't like people trying to be stealthy. 

fart.gif

I'm kinda in two minds - in terms of gameplay, it's pretty decent with solid and more grounded mechanics. I was getting sick and tired of Treyarch's knee sliding and corner jumping propped up by SMG's and being able to run 18 perks. The Warzone sweats may be upset but it's for the good of the wider COD audience. Aside from a couple of truly woeful maps, they are all reasonably playable albeit nothing special plus I'm a little disappointed with the lack of terrain variety. On the whole though, the gameplay is solid enough and despite people playing in very annoying ways. 

I am really shocked at the lack of missing staple features with no explanation to their current omission. There's also some bugs which have caused crashes plus the interface is an absolute disgrace. I just wish they would do the work in-house instead of sourcing shitty media employees off LinkedIn with their corporate waffle trying to over-complicate simple things. I also don't think it's as refined as MW2019 in some areas but at least more thought has gone into the core design this time. 

Whoever designed the border crossing map should be jailed though. 

35 minutes ago, techno said:

Oh there is one more rather big issue, it seems quite a few people are getting permanent bans for no reason and so far Activision are basically sticking their fingers in their ears going lalalalalalalla. 

So we'll done for that.🤦

I think that's just PC. Basically if you have certain software running in the background then the game thinks you're trying to hack so bans you. 

fart.gif

My first game last night it matched me with PC players using M&K. So I just quit and went "off you fuck, crossplay." I'm already at a disadvantage because I'm old. I don't want to be disadvantaged because I'm using a controller. 

fart.gif

55 minutes ago, techno said:

Oh there is one more rather big issue, it seems quite a few people are getting permanent bans for no reason and so far Activision are basically sticking their fingers in their ears going lalalalalalalla. 

So we'll done for that.🤦

Yet Activision are happy to host convicted cheaters in their tournaments and events because they have a big viewership base or tits🤣

I really did not expect to play the game as long as I have on the first day. Nice to see like @techno  says, many of us in the same party but in different groups, solo or up to 4 players. That seemed to be the limit before the game screwed the party for some of us. It also got many different people together again and that was pretty cool too. @datfroggieguy  @Capn_Underpants  @TheMuggySpud  @Misneach_  @Greboth @Luseth  @LordBaguette  @Bluebear to name a few.

I also think I'm agreeing with you @J4MES OX4D  😄 Mainly because the game itself plays really well. Its super solid and the early guns we all try seem well balanced. I only saw one guy using the X12 handgun that was wrecking us which I didn't feel too bad about. The only annoyance is the lack of usual functions and gamemodes that you would expect to be in the game from launch. That is masking the external news on places like Twitter and rightly so - I just hope people don't pass on this one as there are many plus points already to it.

We had a laugh last night as it seems the UI divides us all. I really like it, as does @Luseth , but its clear what @Greboth felt about it! 🤣 As did others. The reason why I think its less cluttered is that there hasn't been a CoD game that has been inviting me to understand the Challenges and Objectives I can focus on. They're always really hidden deep in the game. This time round, its a little easier in a logical place in the Gunsmith when you customise them. I think they could make it even easier but this is CoD so little gains are huge imo 😅

I think the Perk system is still weird. I'm not hugely caring for it or equally not that bothered but I know something doesn't feel right about it. I'm not starting to think that they are trying to get players away from those types of things to rely on all the time and just go back to basics of trying to beat the team with just yourself and the gun.

4 hours ago, MrBiron said:

I really hate that both Ghost AND Dead Silence aren't unlocked til a late level (51 and 52 I think). Seems that IW just don't like people trying to be stealthy. 

I think this shows why I think they are making us not worry about it. And if i'm honest, I love it. Every CoD always brought out the rage in people sitting in the most campiest corner for 15 mins trying to pick people off. Playing slower is the way sometimes otherwise you can get rinsed easily, but to the point where I need these perks. So many people last night in the party were also getting decent scores to the objective and KD so you don't need these perks for the game to survive.

I hope they add the missing stuff like Hardcore, Crossplay options and in-game stats within the next month - but i'd argue right now it isn't hurting us actually play the game. If I had to have the choice what to have first, I'd vote for more maps to be released over this lot. Crossplay with SBMM shows it doesn't hurt the game, we won 80% of the games still. Games are goign this way and it allows us to play with everyone so I'd start to embrace it now. Last thought would be that TTK is that quick that you don't miss Hardcore....just yet.

Another thing I forgot to mention is the spawns - on some maps they are utterly horrendous. On the race track map which is actually quite big, I've sometimes spawned literally in front of enemies who are already shooting someone else. I also managed to kill the same guy 3 times in 7 seconds on another map! 

40 minutes ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Another thing I forgot to mention is the spawns - on some maps they are utterly horrendous. On the race track map which is actually quite big, I've sometimes spawned literally in front of enemies who are already shooting someone else. I also managed to kill the same guy 3 times in 7 seconds on another map! 

The same guy 3 times in 7 seconds. Oh @J4MES OX4D  you have a way with words that just speaks to me! 🤤.

Don't get me wrong, being spawn killed is horrible. But when your the one doing it, it's a different story. 🙂

7 hours ago, MrBiron said:

Yeah that border crossing map is fucking awful. I've enjoyed every map I've played apart from that one. 

Use the default stealth class which has Ghost and I think cold blooded. For get what it is called but it is there.

I'm at level 26 or so. So I quite like it

As far as 

No challenges that could be better for XP but you have daily challenges and co-op challenges every day

no camo stat tracking. Don't care. I never even put the camos on a gun

no leaderboards. Huge problem for me since I spend so much time on that leader board

, no after action report. Did I win. All I need to know

, no combat record with my stats, that a blessing ,

no XP token time tracking I could use that,

no hardcore mode, don't play it so don't care 

I used the M4 and it rocks

I used the Lachman 762 in auto shreds if you can control it

I used the Lachman 556 is good in the 2-3 games I got to try it

I am having fun with DOM and TDM. I am getting decent streaks. Some games I get destroyed. Some games I destroy so that is OK with me. I don't hate the border map as much as others but I we are able to chose maps it wouldn't be my choice

I am using the tracking class and that's been awesome for me. 

Oh and another thing that really needs changing is the post-match unlock screen. It’s some sick irony that the one bloody thing you actually want as a Windows 8-type panel layout is the only thing that isn’t. Making it look like a battle pass is so tacky - some corpo brainlet has designed it this way as some sort of trendy enticement but actually it acts as a horrible deterrent for people who just want basic information. Gimme a wall of my unlocks, even multiple pages will do - just so I can clearly see. It’s bad enough that your unlocks i.e perks, attachments don’t have a ‘new’ notification which disappears once you’ve at least highlighted or selected the new item. Tracking each thing manually by memory or one-by-one is just inconvenient and frustrating.

it all ties in with the interface as I’ve already mentioned but it just goes to show how so many glaring UI and UX features are missing. This feedback was huge in the beta and it should’ve been a simple user-friendly inclusion as we’ve had in every COD. 

Well, I honestly didn't expect to enjoy the game as much as I did but hey ho. 

Pros:

Gameplay is fast, fluid and fun (apart from the usual CoD rage of course).

Maps seem pretty varied and I enjoyed most of them, even the border crossing map that everyone hates. I just seem to have great games every time I play it. Hate the hydroplant map though, fuck the hydroplant map 😤

Gun selection is pretty sexy. I have my favourite now which is the one that looks like a SCAR (second AR unlocked) pure shreds without any attachments so can only imagine it levelled up.

The UI..........I like 😂 bit overwhelming at first but once you explore it a bit, starts to make sense.

Cons:

Party system. I'm hoping it can be fixed with patches but you should never have to press 3 buttons to find out who's in your party. Then when you do, you can only see 3 names and then +1/2/3. Like, what? 

Crashes. If you're in a party with aforementioned +1/2/3 you're almost guaranteed a game crash. This may be hardware limitations connected to being on last gen so unfortunately that's just the way this particular cookie has crumbled.

Having to level up a certain gun to unlock attachments for a different gun. 

Just a small one but chosen operator not working it seems unless you bought the vault edition. I haven't unlocked Fender, I don't use Fender, I don't plan on using Fender when I unlock Fender. Why does it say everyone and their mothers use Fender? (Your mum uses Fender btw)

I can't think of much more just now but again, I had such a fun night playing when I was able to. I'll definitely be back for more every chance I get, issues and all.

Was also absolutely amazing that it brought me back to friends that I haven't played with in near a decade. Absolute madness.

I rate it 9/10. Worst game ever ❤️

14 hours ago, cyberninja2601 said:

Use the default stealth class which has Ghost and I think cold blooded. For get what it is called but it is there.

I know that class is there but I don't want to be using the same class until level 51. 

I've just taken to shooting down UAV's now anyway. Although the footstep audio still annoys me.

fart.gif

There is also a map in the game that's worse than the Border Crossing map and that is Taraq - as unbelievable as that may sound. It's like they let a kid on work experience design the map and they just threw a load of random buildings down on a square shaped map.

fart.gif

2 hours ago, MrBiron said:

I know that class is there but I don't want to be using the same class until level 51. 

I've just taken to shooting down UAV's now anyway. Although the footstep audio still annoys me.

I also shoot down UAV when I can actually see them.

This game is getting roasted on twitter and YouTube.

Did change my settings after watching xclusive ace and it does make a big difference, but I've adapted, got to adapt so I camp behind the portable shield I carry around in my pocket. 

I tried ground war 🤣 one game and out. 1 kill and barely saw a soul. 

Spawn system 🤣