First Impressions MW2 Multiplayer

GazzaGarratt

2 hours ago, MrBiron said:

Although the footstep audio still annoys me.

Really?? I swear this is way quieter than MW2019 which we've been playing for a while now. You only hear them loudly right at the last moments so it feels kind of balanced to me 🤷‍♂️

39 minutes ago, techno said:

This game is getting roasted on twitter and YouTube.

What are they roasting it about? I've seen some negative stuff but its all about missing content, not actually how the game is playing.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

3 hours ago, MrBiron said:

There is also a map in the game that's worse than the Border Crossing map and that is Taraq - as unbelievable as that may sound. It's like they let a kid on work experience design the map and they just threw a load of random buildings down on a square shaped map.

It's almost like they didn't finish designing it🤣 Shockingly bad map and the spawns are completely broken on that too. 

I swear the museum map is missing from the full release as I haven't played on it once yet. Even the hotel one I've only done once. 

27 minutes ago, J4MES OX4D said:

It's almost like they didn't finish designing it🤣 Shockingly bad map and the spawns are completely broken on that too. 

I swear the museum map is missing from the full release as I haven't played on it once yet. Even the hotel one I've only done once. 

Good! The Musuem map was the worst in the beta. 

Altho it looked pretty, the awful sun glare was annoying and large parts of the map not being utilised made it absolutely poo. 

On 10/28/2022 at 3:09 PM, The3rdWalker said:

They removed all of the crack-adled movement mechanics that kept me away from COD for 10 years. It's a bit slower and more tactical now. Probably the truest version of COD that has been released since.

This perked up my ears.  

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

1 hour ago, wapntake said:

Been reading the thread and it looks positive so overall do you all think its worth investing in.

I think it considering how many of us play. It really makes it easier to play when we have now 3-5 games where we can dip into so this doesn't feel like you can burnt out. I'm pleasantly surprised on how many people do like it as opposed to hate it - that hasn't happened here for years. Its not perfect by any stretch but they'll only add to it.

Btw, I can't deny Border Crossing map is awful just a random thought - maybe it was just trying to give an idea a go? We always hammer them cos they never try anything new or different and now they have we hammer them cos its bad? We should rightly give them poor feedback but I hope in return they can communicate with some tweaks to it perhaps.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

2 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

What are they roasting it about? I've seen some negative stuff but its all about missing content, not actually how the game is playing.

Well yeah, for some the fact these things are missing impacts the gameplay, getting fake bans doesn't help folks find out how the game is playing tbh it's cod it's not exactly high intelligent stuff here pick a gun shoot shit. However the crashes are obviously an issue. 

Now actually how the game is playing for those that can the biggest issues are still the same as the beta, perk system, progression etc oh and the maps are getting shit and rightly so and why so few?

Apart from the glaring ommisions and maps everyone knew most of this crap during the beta.  

Footsteps to me will always be annoying, mostly because I hate hearing my own. Also this is the first cod I feel I have to wear my headset.

I'm enjoying it. A few points:

Haven't customized any guns yet, couldn't figure out how to do it and ran out of arsed, will figure it out later.

The whole feel of the game is good, however I find the TTK a bit long. 

Where the fuck is hardcore? Who launches half a game?

One of the announcers sounds like she wants to slit her wrists, it's fucking irritating.

The UI is a buggy disaster, when muting people it can take something like 5 seconds for the game to register that I've pressed a button.

General handling of stuff is far too slow, from reloading a launcher to popping out a trophy system, it all takes far too long. 

The fact I can both slide and bunny hop is great, so I can pop around corners and pop a cap in the baddies ass like a boss. Or at least that's what I see alot, but I just die. Repeatedly.

The perk system is wank, just give me my fucking perks for fucks sakes.

Unmistakably a Treyarch game, the maps have a very BO2 feel to them, which I like.

The graphics options are irritating, far too much faff.

That all being said, I am thoroughly enjoying it apart from one little niggle.

The absolute braindead retards who play it. The amount of times I've lost a game of Dom only to see that half our team has zero caps is riridulous. It's never this bad on hardcore however, as there aren't as many little bitches who play it, but there is no hardcore so meh.

banlol.png

44 minutes ago, Diddums said:

Haven't customized any guns yet, couldn't figure out how to do it and ran out of arsed, will figure it out later.

One of the announcers sounds like she wants to slit her wrists, it's fucking irritating.

The UI is a buggy disaster, when muting people it can take something like 5 seconds for the game to register that I've pressed a button.

General handling of stuff is far too slow, from reloading a launcher to popping out a trophy system, it all takes far too long. 

The fact I can both slide and bunny hop is great, so I can pop around corners and pop a cap in the baddies ass like a boss. Or at least that's what I see alot, but I just die. Repeatedly.

Unmistakably a Treyarch game, the maps have a very BO2 feel to them, which I like.

The absolute braindead retards who play it. The amount of times I've lost a game of Dom only to see that half our team has zero caps is riridulous. It's never this bad on hardcore however, as there aren't as many little bitches who play it, but there is no hardcore so meh.

Hardcore will be known as Tier 1 and coming in November based on something I read.

They seem to be running similarly to  COD mobile which I really like. You get a bunch of core modes. Then a bunch of featured mode. HC would be in the featured stuff. I played a lot of mobile in the last 2-3 years and like it much better than COD on the consol. Give it a chance.  

If they were to do the frontline mode that's on Mobile it would be awesome. 

The gun customization was relatively easy to find on XBOX. 

3 hours ago, Diddums said:

Bitches gonna bitch..

Not sure why you think these are like treyarch maps, colour palette maybe🤷 

You might be the only person who thinks the ttk is too slow however I've always hated Hardcore in IW games but your right it should be there for those in the community that like it.

Once you get into customisation it's not that hard.

Now I see what @Grebothwas saying about the filtered playlist 🤣

7 minutes ago, techno said:

colour palette maybe🤷

Yeah that's exactly what I mean. A lot more colourful than MW2019.

Also, the concussion mine or whatever it's called is my new favourite thing. Sticks to ceilings and most people don't know about it so they just stand there spazzing out whilst capping a flag, it's hilarious. Only problem is the beeping, makes me want to get up and go to work when I hear it. 

banlol.png

4 hours ago, LordBaguette said:

Some good controller setting changes in this video you might want to consider:

I will have a look incase I've missed anything, but a lot of it is preference. 

Some there are advantages to have. 

Like I say I will see what is being offered. 

Most people know what they like or how it feels. 

Absolutely loving the second rifle thingy. Bolt action, iron sights, one hit from the chest up. Getting a good shredding session on with it is more satisfying than a blowie from Margot Robbie.

I may not have sufficient evidence to support this claim but you get the idea.

banlol.png

This game is so bad to the point I just don't care how I do. Sbmm even at this level is terrible all the games go to time limit. The fact I have to grind a shit gun I hate to unlock another better grind that to finally get what I'm after is stupid beyond belief. The maps apart from the market map and maybe farm 18 are trash, just a complicated maze basically to get people used to wankzone. The gunfights may as well be rock paper scissors for how random they are. If it wasn't for playing in the same chat party I'd have refunded it. 

Obviously there's all the dumb design decisions which will never change.

One question if you've managed to earn 2 streaks how do you choose between which to use?

Hopefully when I finally unlock what I actually want to use and they add some decent content and stuff that should have been here already maybe there will be something worth my time.

Still and always will hate footsteps.

I'm getting increasingly irritated at the unlock system plus there is way too much attachment bloat. It's silly that I have to level up a gun in one category to unlock an attachment in something completely different. Also the interface is making what is already an extremely convoluted system even more confusing. They've streamlined the camo which is great but they they go and do this!? It doesn't make sense. Also the camo unlock interface is bloody horrendous - hard to see what's unlocked and locked plus you have to scroll for an hour just to go to the final page. 

Some design decisions have to be attributed to developers smoking some weird substances when making this game. 

Just now, J4MES OX4D said:

I'm getting increasingly irritated at the unlock system plus there is way too much attachment bloat. It's silly that I have to level up a gun in one category to unlock an attachment in something completely different.

I think it's just to encourage you to use different guns, I wasn't keen at first but it means that at least in these early day's you aren't just getting killed by the same 1 or 2 guns (imagine that won't remain the case mind). It also means I have discovered 1 or 2 guns I actually quite like that I imagine I might not have tried out otherwise.

12 minutes ago, techno said:

One question if you've managed to earn 2 streaks how do you choose between which to use?

From memory it's just holding right on the d pad or something like that I think

Luseth.png

47 minutes ago, Luseth said:

I think it's just to encourage you to use different guns, I wasn't keen at first but it means that at least in these early day's you aren't just getting killed by the same 1 or 2 guns (imagine that won't remain the case mind). It also means I have discovered 1 or 2 guns I actually quite like that I imagine I might not have tried out otherwise.

From memory it's just holding right on the d pad or something like that I think

That doesn't seem to be it, I'll try Google 😁

1 minute ago, techno said:

That doesn't seem to be it, I'll try Google 😁

I remember seeing it, you hold something down and it brings up a wheel on screen and you can flit between the streaks you have. I think there was possibly something else on the wheel as well but I was mid game so didn't really get a good look at it.

Luseth.png

3 minutes ago, Luseth said:

I remember seeing it, you hold something down and it brings up a wheel on screen and you can flit between the streaks you have. I think there was possibly something else on the wheel as well but I was mid game so didn't really get a good look at it.

Yeah it is that now having looked into it , not sure why it didn't work when I tried it, will have to try again cheers.

2 minutes ago, techno said:

Yeah it is that now having looked into it , not sure why it didn't work when I tried it, will have to try again cheers.

Having played the previous few Cods it definitely is a bit fidgety. 

It's more of a press and hold, but you have to be careful not to choose the killstreak you don't want. 

There is definitely a knack to it, quite awkward to be honest. 

The hold is definitely the most important bit, like Luseth says you can just navigate the streaks and pick one and let go of the hold to select it. 

On 10/30/2022 at 7:56 AM, GazzaGarratt said:

Really?? I swear this is way quieter than MW2019 which we've been playing for a while now. You only hear them loudly right at the last moments so it feels kind of balanced to me 🤷‍♂️

It’s getting roasted by the steamers.  It’s all about who to listen to. Yes they are some glaring issues. These streamers who all basically started playing when Warzone got popular hate it because they have really went back to their roots. This little whiny bitches don’t like the movement. There is no slide, bunny hop, slide 360, claymore knife no scope anymore. It feels more like the old CoDs. When I mean old I mean MW1/2/3. They never played it. Is old fuckers that have been around since then are actually quite enjoying it. Go to Reddit and take a look. It’s both sides of the argument. Old school players are really enjoy it. The new twats that just started hate it. They can’t exploit the movement. They also keep getting wrecked by our old asses for playing smart. How we use to play when these games were great. 

Personally I’m really enjoying it. Yes I have some gripes. I’ll save that for another time.