First Impressions MW2 Multiplayer

GazzaGarratt

First impressions hmmmm

For the fist time in a very long time I feel they have went back to their roots with the movement. It really feels like a mix between MW3 and Ghosts more than MW and MW2. Completely different that MW 2019 in a good way. All the guns I’ve used feel really good in their own way except battle rifles. That is a waisted gun category. I’ve used every type of gun so far trying to in lock all ARs. 

The maps are just ok. There are a few that I really like but hate that there are too many angles to cover. They are mostly very three lane but you can access all three lanes from multiple points. Tons of flanking routes. Plus tons of doors and windows for people to hide. With the exception of probably three maps I like them. The border map can fuck off,however I had a great game with the marksman rifle on it. All the maps allow for multiple play styles. People need to learn how to adapt. 

Guns really do feel well balanced. The funny thing is all you see is the M4 and it’s probably the third or fourth best AR. The AK and SCAR are monsters. The Lechman(G3) is also a beast. It all depends of how you use it. MP7 and MP5, I’m not calling them by their made up names, are so good too. You can out play most ARs with them if you’re aim is on. 

The perk system is complete trash and needs to be fixed. If it’s not broke don’t fix it. All CoD games should have a pick 10 like Blops 2. It’s the gold standard for perk systems and hasn’t been used like that since then. They have tweeted it but none have worked as week as it. Ghost should be unlocked earlier and not in the new ultimate slot or whatever the hell it’s called. There have been games where I have shot down no less that ten UAVs or counter UAVs. Playing solo that sucks.  

I’m not too fond of the way you have to unlock attachments. It’s not a bad idea but I don’t like having to use a shotgun to get a sight for a AR. Sort of stupid if you ask me. 

The UI is complete fucking garbage and whoever designed it should be publicly ridiculed for it. Like they should have to play with @Diddums and his tv all the way up for hours type of punishment. 

All in all it’s a pretty good game. If they can work out some of the issues it could be the best we’ve had in a very long time. 

29 minutes ago, TigerBurge said:

It’s getting roasted by the steamers.  It’s all about who to listen to. Yes they are some glaring issues. These streamers who all basically started playing when Warzone got popular hate it because they have really went back to their roots. This little whiny bitches don’t like the movement. There is no slide, bunny hop, slide 360, claymore knife no scope anymore. It feels more like the old CoDs. When I mean old I mean MW1/2/3. They never played it. Is old fuckers that have been around since then are actually quite enjoying it. Go to Reddit and take a look. It’s both sides of the argument. Old school players are really enjoy it. The new twats that just started hate it. They can’t exploit the movement. They also keep getting wrecked by our old asses for playing smart. How we use to play when these games were great. 

Personally I’m really enjoying it. Yes I have some gripes. I’ll save that for another time. 

There are still plenty of movement mechanics to use. The slide cancel was removed and quite often abused since MW19. 

However you can still from my experience. 

Slide, jump slide, dolphin dive, jump shot, dropshot. 

I know what you mean tho Chris, the movement is much more traditional and old school which is fine by me. 

@TigerBurge likes it so much seems he posted 3 times 😁

I keep banging on about maps but if there were more and better the game would be instantly so much better there are way too many angles also why is there always way too many head glitch spots near objectives? 

Also some old school YouTubers really hate it not just new streamers 😁 I've heard some epic rants, blame truth the other day made a good point why do some guns/attachments not show you how to unlock them? He got told to plug a mouse in and hover over it which enraged him further when it said unlocked at level 1 🤣

20 hours ago, techno said:

I keep banging on about maps but if there were more and better the game would be instantly so much better there are way too many angles also why is there always way too many head glitch spots near objectives? 

I think whilst we get annoyed about the lack of functionality not in the launch game, I geniunely think its a way they are using to get the game stable before adding more stuff to it. Its how most systems and technology is going these days because people care overall about the actual day to day working (gameplay) first and foremost. Its why I think we'll get at 2-3 new maps before Christmas added. Fwiw, I think there's only 2 poor maps and the Border Map was at least an attempt to try something completely different. You can get decent games if you can adapt to the way it flows like @TigerBurge  says.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

3 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I think whilst we get annoyed about the lack of functionality not in the launch game, I geniunely think its a way they are using to get the game stable before adding more stuff to it. Its how most systems and technology is going these days because people care overall about the actual day to day working (gameplay) first and foremost. Its why I think we'll get at 2-3 new maps before Christmas added. Fwiw, I think there's only 2 poor maps and the Border Map was at least an attempt to try something completely different. You can get decent games if you can adapt to the way it flows like @TigerBurge  says.

This giving money grabbing organisations excuses to deliver second rate products and services is why we get second rate products and services and tbh I'm downright pissed off with it. Oh it all works out in the end blah blah blah. Well here's an idea how about you wait till it works as intended for my cash. 

Anyway time to buy a car with no wheels but the engine will run smooth. Wheels come with season 1.

3 minutes ago, techno said:

This giving money grabbing organisations excuses to deliver second rate products and services is why we get second rate products and services and tbh I'm downright pissed off with it. Oh it all works out in the end blah blah blah. Well here's an idea how about you wait till it works as intended for my cash.

I get that but a large part of the game is there and the world has been changing to this way of working for some years now. Do I agree with it? Not always, as I loved the days of sticking a cartridge in and having the whole game straight away! On balance though, games now have online and more functions than those days so I just think we have to get with it personally.

6 minutes ago, techno said:

Anyway time to buy a car with no wheels but the engine will run smooth. Wheels come with season 1.

I think CoD is more that it is a car with an engine AND wheels. Just the standard ones you buy with it and carpets inside and no sport mode 😄

You have to at least acknowledge this CoD is definitely doing something different in the right direction though. The amount of divide for this feels 50/50 whereas ones before this have been overwhelmingly negative for years.

I'm really surprised at the amount of attachments that have severe negative aspects to them - so many seem to have 1 or two positive and 4 negative and just two attachments with the same negative can severely impact your gun. Even if you unlock all the attachments and customise your gun entirely, 99% of the time you are simply negating the benefits so much so, it's the same has having one attachment when actually having 5. I ran two attachments that reduced by ADS time on an AR yesterday and it literally made the gun unusable. 

Actually better off not running any at all aside from a sight it seems. 

I unashamedly enjoy it, probably because I havent bought a COD since 2019. That said, the below map is terrible the this clip is hilarious

https://twitter.com/ProRebornYT/status/1587509908102316033?s=20&t=ihAfJct4j2o8nfuPg6HJ-g

cba

1 hour ago, GazzaGarratt said:

😄

You have to at least acknowledge this CoD is definitely doing something different in the right direction though. The amount of divide for this feels 50/50 whereas ones before this have been overwhelmingly negative for years.

No I actually think the right direction would have been going back in time but that's me. Maybe year 2 😁

5 hours ago, The3rdWalker said:

That's wild, I've never seen a single game go to the time limit unless the bomb doesn't get defused. 

I don't play those terrible game modes 😉🤣

Its crazy the scores, I've had so many drawn games or ones where the final score is within 1 or 2 tags 🤣

On 11/2/2022 at 4:12 PM, J4MES OX4D said:

I'm really surprised at the amount of attachments that have severe negative aspects to them - so many seem to have 1 or two positive and 4 negative and just two attachments with the same negative can severely impact your gun. Even if you unlock all the attachments and customise your gun entirely, 99% of the time you are simply negating the benefits so much so, it's the same has having one attachment when actually having 5. I ran two attachments that reduced by ADS time on an AR yesterday and it literally made the gun unusable. 

I saw that, generally I run 2 or 3 attachments rather than trying to fully kit out the gun. I find a sight is important, I sometimes fiddle with the ammo but the grips and such I don't utilise so much because of all the added negatives.

I'm enjoying the game more than I thought I would, I think my only issue and it tend's to be an issue with COD games is more often than not you get half a lobby fully of players ignoring the game modes and essentially playing TDM. Hardpoint and game modes like that you can see the seconds or captures a player does and you will usually see 4 or 5 with less than a couple of seconds or no captures, just baffles me that, why don't people go play TDM then? Or is it just because the quickplay has everything on by default?

Luseth.png

2 hours ago, Luseth said:

I saw that, generally I run 2 or 3 attachments rather than trying to fully kit out the gun. I find a sight is important, I sometimes fiddle with the ammo but the grips and such I don't utilise so much because of all the added negatives.

I'm enjoying the game more than I thought I would, I think my only issue and it tend's to be an issue with COD games is more often than not you get half a lobby fully of players ignoring the game modes and essentially playing TDM. Hardpoint and game modes like that you can see the seconds or captures a player does and you will usually see 4 or 5 with less than a couple of seconds or no captures, just baffles me that, why don't people go play TDM then? Or is it just because the quickplay has everything on by default?

About half of COD players just go for kills. They know full well that they are playing an objective mode and what is required to win but most of the time they will only seek as many kills as possible even if the team loses heavily. I don't think this attitude will ever change - they've tried in the past to bolster objective XP and reduce kill XP but even then people will rather go 21-9 and 0 captures than 30-27, 7 captures, a win plus a fat load of XP on top.

On 11/2/2022 at 12:12 PM, J4MES OX4D said:

This one confuses me also. They are trying to keep guns from being OP but with that they have made it where your gun is better without attachments. For the most part I fun at a max 3 attachments. One has zero negative effects then the other two counter acts each other. 

14 hours ago, techno said:

Its crazy the scores, I've had so many drawn games or ones where the final score is within 1 or 2 tags 🤣

I actually think thats a good thing. KC games where it swings either way just near the end are always the games we all as a team get hyped to try and get the last tag for the win. I find its 1 in every 5/6 games we probably get absolutely turned over, which i'm fine with. Its gonna happen from time to time.

re the attachments thoughts @J4MES OX4D  @TigerBurge  @Luseth , maybe its a launch thing. For instance, make stock guns that everyone accesses pretty decent feeling so they get into the game and a later patch will rebalance the stock guns? I think thats a sound model how to get people engaged initially anyway. I'm finding the right scope is DEFINITELY making a difference. I also think having less attachments on should work too. It would annoy me if most guns would only work well with teh full 5 attachments on it. I'm sure theres some good combos people have found though as they've unlocked way more stuff.

2 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I actually think thats a good thing. KC games where it swings either way just near the end are always the games we all as a team get hyped to try and get the last tag for the win. I find its 1 in every 5/6 games we probably get absolutely turned over, which i'm fine with. Its gonna happen from time to time.

re the attachments thoughts @J4MES OX4D  @TigerBurge  @Luseth , maybe its a launch thing. For instance, make stock guns that everyone accesses pretty decent feeling so they get into the game and a later patch will rebalance the stock guns? I think thats a sound model how to get people engaged initially anyway. I'm finding the right scope is DEFINITELY making a difference. I also think having less attachments on should work too. It would annoy me if most guns would only work well with teh full 5 attachments on it. I'm sure theres some good combos people have found though as they've unlocked way more stuff.

If that’s the plan then they are dumb. A very large part of the CoD community enjoy doing challenges and going for camos. There’s no way in hell they intended for people not to use attachments especially since there are only 20 levels roughly per gun. It’s a good way not to make them OP like in MW 2019. I would rather all guns be strong than only a few. 

9 minutes ago, TigerBurge said:

If that’s the plan then they are dumb. A very large part of the CoD community enjoy doing challenges and going for camos. There’s no way in hell they intended for people not to use attachments especially since there are only 20 levels roughly per gun. It’s a good way not to make them OP like in MW 2019. I would rather all guns be strong than only a few. 

I think it fits the large amount of casual players at launch, not saying I agree with it though overall as I want it to be interesting to try attachments to find a great loadout too. Just don't be surprised that if we see in the first balance patch that stock guns aren't as good as they were at launch.

I must admit, it didn't stop me from doing the M4 Gold Camo after one day. Maybe cos the sheer amount of attachments this time round, means there are some good combos but we have to really look out for them and try different options until we find one thats better than the stock.

1 hour ago, TigerBurge said:

This one confuses me also. They are trying to keep guns from being OP but with that they have made it where your gun is better without attachments. For the most part I fun at a max 3 attachments. One has zero negative effects then the other two counter acts each other. 

Yeah, it's completely killed the Gunsmith for me. The real fun about this aspect was building a fully-kitted gun and balancing the positive effects with the negative but here, if you have 3 or more attachments, you will be at a disadvantage in at least two areas - usually ADS time or recoil which are pretty key, unless you cancel them out and then it's basically the same as the gun being barebones by default.

Without them providing the numbers either, it is also impossible to determine the true impact that these effects have. You can literally have a gun where ADS time is reduced 4 times which is likely crippling but it's silly that we don't know if it's 0.1 seconds or something like 0.5 seconds for each attachment.

I've found one underbarrel which has no negatives and about 10 attachments on some guns which have exactly the same +/-. Even the blueprint builds must be catastrophically bad! There's just too much bloat and it's a headache trying to sift through trying to craft a gun even just choosing 2-3 attachments in the basic sense. 

The whole thing needs a rework really. 

11 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

About half of COD players just go for kills. They know full well that they are playing an objective mode and what is required to win but most of the time they will only seek as many kills as possible even if the team loses heavily. I don't think this attitude will ever change - they've tried in the past to bolster objective XP and reduce kill XP but even then people will rather go 21-9 and 0 captures than 30-27, 7 captures, a win plus a fat load of XP on top.

I think Kill streaks are largely responsible for that. They tried to change that with score streaks but I don't think they were successful. I tend to play the objective but I noticed that it is much easier to get the needed number of kills than it is to get the score. Camping your ass off to get 7 kills for a sentry gun just seems a lot easier to than running around trying to cap two flags and getting 875.  

Everytime you change spots you risk being shot, claymored, kill streak.  

I remember playing barebones and streakless game modes and it seemed to me like those were not as bad

I did see a video yesterday saying that if you change your aim assist setting to black ops and dynamic it's almost aim bot. I have seen some that say dynamic is better (s curve I think ) however since changing I've definitely seen better kd. 🤷

Another thing that I'm quite baffled about in regards to the interface is on the killcams, they are using placeholder assets showing what gun you were killed with - literally just a black and white drawing🤣

cod_mw2_2022_11_01_kill_cam.jpg

The expectation with a game of this standard is that you see the exact image of the gun as seen in the gunsmith will all the attachments and preferably a list even though it doesn't hold much relevance to most players. Just another really dismal part of the inconsistent presentation. 

9 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Another thing that I'm quite baffled about in regards to the interface is on the killcams, they are using placeholder assets showing what gun you were killed with - literally just a black and white drawing🤣

cod_mw2_2022_11_01_kill_cam.jpg

The expectation with a game of this standard is that you see the exact image of the gun as seen in the gunsmith will all the attachments and preferably a list even though it doesn't hold much relevance to most players. Just another really dismal part of the inconsistent presentation. 

Yeah I was thinking that as well, pre season and what not is just an extended beta at this point. 

😕