Good few races this week, unfortunately the GT Sport update delayed us all getting off earlier than expected but worth the wait. I don't think i've ever seen so much practice go on in previous weeks so nice to see the buzz around!

@JBR-Kiwi  had some stellar races, winning the first 2 and wiping the floor with us if i'm honest.

@jordie1892  showed great pace and he was just unfortunate that a miscalculation meant he wasn't even higher.

@Macca89  showed some promise again but his race was impacted early from lack of knowledge on the track 'prone to the dust zones'

I think others had an off week or moments that just defined their racing night which meant they slipped down the leaderboard in all 3 races.

Kiwi gets my vote for keeping the Super League going still!

Forum Signature Test.png

Save the best to nearly last, right? 😄 Yeah, I expected this week to be tight in the FG Super League race but felt confident because i knew i was quick and could pull off a good show on this track. I stuck to my strategy of Mediums 12 laps, Softs for 8 laps with a little fuel save early on meds to try and save refuelling stop time. A solid quick and incident free race from me (finally) means I ended up in a much needed 3rd place. Thankful that I have some consistency traits somewhere in my body 😄

Thought @JBR-Kiwi  blew us apart with the right car and strategy. Thought @jordie1892  was great in the league race only to be unlucky and mess up his fuel calculations. Nice to see another 10 FGers start the league race.

Forum Signature Test.png

FG League - Team Championship?
Posted
22 minutes ago, crispymorgan said:

The local 5 a side club has given us Tuesdays to play on the evening, would anyone mind if we choose another night?

I won't lie mate, I struggle on other nights but I think Thursdays is the only other possibility. Mondays FG has FIFA working well, and personally I have football on a Weds (which will likely involve 3-5 FGers too) and then there's FG Fridays.

What time is your thing on Tuesdays?

How are others fixed on Thursdays?

Forum Signature Test.png

Posted

FYI, I'm still working with the developer of our tournaments application that is great to holding information like the results and league table.

If I can get him to create something before the next season I will try because its so much nicer to have it all inbuilt within its own section.

Forum Signature Test.png

Posted

Points for the team thingy should be just simple - whatever you get where you finishing is added up together per duo.

I think I'm with @jordie1892  for it to be a lottery. If we didn't match up skill levels based on previous scores then I'd say otherwise.

At the end of the day its easy to get carried away with these things. We have to remember the recent GT Sport League and the FIFA Euro League we've going on here has been successes because we all have fun and don't go too uber sweaty on these things.

Definitely wanna see some full grids (16) over the coming months and this helps it happen.

Forum Signature Test.png

Posted

I think the car manufacturer restriction scares me a little. Only because we all are still varying skill levels and what gets us through some races is the fact we can be partially competitive with whatever cars do well on tracks.

I mean, what we could do is a little test of that, perhaps in the second race in the night possibly? Doesn't have to be mapped to points but certainly worth a try for a few weeks. Although working out manufacturer is a little difficult outside Audi and Peugeot for all around reliability! 🤣

Forum Signature Test.png

Posted
42 minutes ago, jordie1892 said:

Was thinking that. Obviously it could be a bit skewed by people who have missed a lot of races/CBA'd etc. but it's a decent indicator!

Tom @LordBaguette  is screwed then, as his teammate will be hammering him if he CBA's again!

Overall I think its a great idea, definitely gives extra vibes on how to approach races alongside helping more people learn the game more. We've done a great job (well, not me, others!) in terms of helping many of us lesser experienced folk get better and understand more about the finer details. This seems a great way to keep people engaged and something else to aim at.

Btw, if you wanted utilise some of the software we have on here atm, a subtle different way you could do it is, is each week one team are up against another team and the collectively points each teammate gets is their overall score. I'd love to in one sense because everything looks cool in those tables! but I do think you'd probably want some decent attendance. Either way would love to make it more than just an individual race so great shout @jordie1892 !

Forum Signature Test.png

What a league race this week! Lots of things happening, it felt like most drivers were in it with a shout.

@JBR-Kiwi  had a cracker of a race given for the fact I think he got away from everyone else without a scratch the entire race! Everyone had struggles but came through the pack well - most notably @Mikepjbell  and @phil bottle. And then @Greboth making his way back from dead last to second was an achievement...probably lucky it happened on the first lap!

I somehow spun the car  nearly half way through the race whilst sitting in 3rd after such a good start - devastated. @crispymorgan  really held the second fantastically well, but came unstuck right at the end with @Lurch  driving fantastically consistent throughout to get 3rd.

Commendable mention for @Macca89  too. If he starts to understand more about the strategies that can be done, i really think a higher position was available.

I think James just edges it from Phil tbh. Phil nearly nicking third made his strategy pay off but in the end another solid drive from James on this track sealed him a great finish. Crispy is so close to nailing the entire pack though if he can get the strategy right.

What's your vote? Poll is above 👆 and sound off below 👇

Forum Signature Test.png

FG League - Spring Season 2021
Posted

I'm still amazed but equally not surprised we can do something like this and have a real good bunch that not only tries to compete against each other but also is trying to help each other improve. I even felt at one point @Macca89  who has picked it up relatively shortly was gonna get a great race result if it wasn't for the strategy. @JBR-Kiwi  is bang on. Strategy is absolutely coming into play, which I love seeing unfold. At one stage last nights first race I don't think anyone knew what was going to happen - probably the only guarantee was my spinning out 🤣 - but its things like that which keeps every week interesting.

Fair play to Greebs taking the hit when he made a large error on Phil. Stuff like that happens and he did amazingly well to get back through the pack to still push Kiwi at the end. Everyone had a great race and it makes me continually wish I had more time to practice as its really enjoyable practicing and learning with everyone.

Wish we could find more time for races again!

P.S. And one day that grid is definitely going to be full! Good turn out again.

Forum Signature Test.png

Nurburgring trip 2022
Posted

Totally interested @crispymorgan , ofc you knew I would be though when it comes to all of us 😎❤️

Just a few thoughts as i'm still looking at separate big meet ups with La and even just some day activities because I suppose the one big thing we don't know what to expect yet is what countries what border to border regarding Covid, which is a bit of a bitch to book anything abroad right now.

Also, need to know budgets, possible dates, inventory crap we need, and if thats flexible per person - some might wanna go for a 2 days, other for 4, etc.

There's loads more questions obviously, but these ones will help initially so I can understand what i'm also planning with home breakaways and the FG ones too 😘

Forum Signature Test.png

On 4/25/2021 at 6:09 PM, slamminbones said:

I just can't drive for shit. 

For a few laps was kind of tight between me Lee and James with me and James swapping places a few times but for some unknown reason after I pitted I put mediums on and not super softs. 

After I decided it was kind of fun to play in the gravel and sand a few times there was no chance to catch up. 

I think you're so close to getting a fantastic drive mate. We're very similar as its just some consistency that will help us out.

Or a rainy track, you seem to fly on them ones 😄

Forum Signature Test.png

Some really good drives throughout from what I could see this week. 1st and 2nd (@Greboth @JBR-Kiwi ) was kind of dictated by strategy mess ups so for me the stars were the middle of the pack with Clive @Teenwolf25  and Crispy @crispymorgan  having their best drives since me, James @Lurch  and Paul @slamminbones  really struggled to keep the car quick and on the track.

I think Clive just edged it for me, however there's no doubt Crispy will be a driver of the week over the next few weeks if he can avoid my utter rotten luck 😄

There might be a race report up soon to give more detail but for now let us know what you think if you saw or raced in it! Poll closes in 7 days

Forum Signature Test.png

GT Sport - FG Races
Posted

Absolutely gutted my kids decided to make the wife go on a WW3 campaign last night 2 laps in to the first race. Looked forward to this racing all week too as we'd rallied the troops and had 9 on the grid whilst I felt reasonably quick enough too - and even started the first race well to be second initially, albeit before I got slammed into a barrier, brought to a full stop, and given a penalty for a barrier collision. This game is hilarious. Still, I was trying to carry on and pick up the pieces and made it back to around 6th quickly before carnage ended proceedings.

Sorry for missing out but I hope the races were just as fun as usual. Shame about James @Lurch  pressing exit on the race just before it started by accident and @Macca89  believing Kiwi's joke about putting on Intermediate tyres in the sunshine ffs 🤦‍♂️

I'm thinking for next week we double check everyone is good and ready and for the less experienced, double check nice and early they know how to change tyres and know where the pits are 👍 I want to make sure everyone has as much as they can out of these nights and easy simple mistakes outside of the racing can impact that ❤️

Forum Signature Test.png

Also, quick note that now @Diddums is 11th, not last and higher than people that haven't turned up yet.

I think its time we saw some of your lovely faces for a race @G_dub52  @jordie1892  @Macca89  @tronic44 @Spacedeck  @Stretch616  @TonyAE86  @Findmartin  @Misneach_

Even if you finish and don't CBA and quit, you'll get points!

Forum Signature Test.png

Position Driver Race 1 Race 2 Race 3 Race 4 Race 5 Total Pts
1 Greboth 25 25 20 25 20 115
2 JBR-Kiwi 20 20 25 20 25 110
3 Mikepjbell 12 15 15 15 15 72
4 phil_oi 15 12 12 12 n/c 51
5 GazzaGarratt 9 11 10 8 12 50
6 slamminbones 8 10 7 10 10 45
7 Crispy 7 8 8 11 11 45
8 JTLurch 11 n/a 11 n/a n/a 22
9 TEENWOLF25 10 n/a 9 DNF n/a 19
10 Lord Baguette n/a 9 DNF 9 n/a 18
11 Diddums n/a n/a n/a n/a 9 9
12 Misneach DNF n/a n/a n/a n/a 0

Gutted you had problems @phil bottle. I felt better this week, or at least a little bit closer to sort of okay driving so it would've been good to race you. A bit disappointed on the strategy if i'm honest as one mistake made me think i should try something different, fully thinking everyone would pit. However Hard tyres just seem to be too durable on most tracks which allow for no stop strategies usually beating the stop strategies. Any thoughts on this as I love how strategy can change a race but now i'm thinking just to never pit in the race with hards.

Mandatory pit stop perhaps? or at least make fuel saving more of a burden?

On the points perspective, i'd need to break the top 2 to try and catch up on @Mikepjbell  and Phil. I really wish my race pace wasn't way off to what I am on a controller. Keep plugging away though, must persist with the learning!

Forum Signature Test.png

On 3/12/2021 at 6:39 PM, Greboth said:

Especially if Lee can have a clean race or 2 and close up on you and Mike.

On 3/12/2021 at 7:15 PM, phil bottle said:

then myself, Mike and Lee, and with both of those two capable of the occasional challenge for first, I'll have my work cut out.

Yeah.....give it a year. And then add some 😁🤣

Forum Signature Test.png

Posted
1 hour ago, Shucker said:

When I first started with you guys, I was doing well enough for a rookie so I decided to commit to manual gearshifts. That started to pay off but then I bought the wheel and getting used to it and manual shifting was hurting my lap times. I decided to git gud (as gud as I can git, anyway) with the wheel and went back to auto transmission. Next, I added in left foot braking, which has become second nature (that doesn't mean I'm gud at it though) and helped my times a little. Now I'm starting to bring manual shifting into the mix. 

That being said, I also started from a better place than you as I didn't have any sim racing experience and haven't had to worry about my lap times increasing since I didn't have any to start with. No where to go but up! 🙂

That's exactly the thing I was trying to point out. If I had started straight off the bat on the wheel I would absolutely be behind that 'Yazz' feeling. Unfortunately I'm paying for my own progression over a few months with a controller against seriously awesome drivers and people that have helped me understand the game more.

With a Wheel its difficult to help people where they can improve as its like riding a car in real life. Eventually it'll come autonomous but whe you start out, your brain is thinking 'how on earth am I gonna make my car go round!' (or even straight for that matter). I immediately when I started opted to stay auto gears and left foot brake so thats how I set up. The only way to get quicker outside doing them better will be to go manual, and i'm really not ready for that.

Its frustrating only for myself tbh, cos this racing is the best balance of competitive fun you can have. You end up getting too stressy on the random sport online races because they're randoms and don't respect you whereas people here do.

I'll eventually get better. I know I will. IRL stuff has made gaming time and FG stuff pretty difficult to balance of late so I'm only paying for that happening after 2 weeks where race incidents were beyond my control. I'm sure when I get a little more time to just get used to the wheel it'll be just like riding a bike....and then Yazz will be singing exactly the same as what you're feeling 😄

Forum Signature Test.png

Posted

It was utter piss poor for me unfortunately. It would've helped to get some form of practice in but struggled all the way through. Even messed up counting laps on my strategy.

I'll keep hacking away with the wheel. I knew it would be soul destroying going from super quick times and getting closer and better each week to miles away and struggling to work out where I'm going wrong.

Thats the challenge though, there's always something to aim for...this league does make me want it to come round quicker so I can put right what I did wrong though!

Forum Signature Test.png

I'm happy to have battled back for the second race in succession to get up the ladder a bit. I don't think we've ever had a race like we did last night that had so many spins and mess ups. Just shows never to pull a CBA!

Forum Signature Test.png

GT Sport - FG Races
Posted

More good races last night, even with a few missing we still had quite a few there. We also learned that Crispy is the new Mike. Mike must be delighted.

Just wanted to also take a moment to say I think we have a great balance. Yes, some races can feel intense at times, mainly because of the pressure we put ourselves under more than anything else, but its also extremely chill. I don't think many other places could do this and all of us have a good laugh through the whole night. I didn't get the best results but it didn't matter for me, really enjoyed the catch and it gave me and my brain some much needed chill time when everything else is extremely busy.

Forum Signature Test.png

Posted

Pretty clear to me!! 🤣

image.png

Forum Signature Test.png

Posted
16 hours ago, TurboR56Mini said:

So some of you dragged me here, what's the deal with the Tuesday racing? I see the chart up top, what week is it? I'm still on the fence with caring enough to log into GT.

We've only just started and like I said on Discord, this is something hopefully fun to do whilst we all race together. We all try and respect each other and give back places if we fuck up. Its not elite league (never will be), i'd say its just about the right amount of competitive fun rather than playing in Sport Online mode with the random bunch of dicks that smash and bump you off the track. Have fun like we do and help others where possible and you'd get on just fine with us.

3 hours ago, Shucker said:

Told a potential client we could line up a call today and that I was only available between 9-3pm (cuz race day). He chose 3pm.

Thats utterly backwards. That time isn't available. What a nob jockey he/she is.

Forum Signature Test.png

Fantastic to see @Mikepjbell  get his first race win - and by a country mile too!

Forum Signature Test.png

You do not have permission to view this content.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy