The state of Cod

techno

29 minutes ago, Diddums said:

You're so sexy when you're angry, grrrrr

Wasn't even anger 🤣🤣 but now I know what you like...😘

Also, I'm surprised your coined phrase 'New Content Everybody' hasn't come out here yet. Especially when you used it a billion times in Destiny threads. You happy with the content so far?

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

I agree, more and better maps in MP are required, I never minded buying map packs in the past, as they used to always be pretty pretty solid.

Also, I'm pretty sure this thread is going to make me wake up in a cold sweat one night after dreaming of a 6 year old @Diddums walking into school with a crate of hand grenades 🙈

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

44 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Wasn't even anger 🤣🤣 but now I know what you like...😘

Also, I'm surprised your coined phrase 'New Content Everybody' hasn't come out here yet. Especially when you used it a billion times in Destiny threads. You happy with the content so far?

Dunno, I'm usually too drunk to judge.

banlol.png

13 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

I agree, more and better maps in MP are required, I never minded buying map packs in the past, as they used to always be pretty pretty solid.

Also, I'm pretty sure this thread is going to make me wake up in a cold sweat one night after dreaming of a 6 year old @Diddums walking into school with a crate of hand grenades 🙈

https://media.tenor.com/Xm-LDB259JsAAAAC/anchorman-legend-of-ron-burgundy.gif

banlol.png

I think the ultimate point is no matter how much you like this Call of Duty, the amount of map content in the multiplayer aspect is pretty disgraceful really and everybody should feel this way under the circumstances irrespective of other positives of the product. It's far less than what we were getting over a decade ago and even Vanguard manage to deliver a strong and original pool of maps despite its various shortcomings in other areas. After a piddly 9 in WW2, 10 in MW2019 and about 7 in Cold War, it has really dismal return for the player in these titles and for a company that is so leaning towards retention, content quantity should be what really drives players coming back and not other factors such as gameplay or commercial. 

This may seem like a feature packed package with DMZ and Warzone, but Infinity Ward aren't responsible for those portions and have not actually developed any part of them so they are hardly under the cosh and spread thin of things to develop and maintain. I also don't buy into the philosophy that because there are other modes, I should expect less content in ones that I play to support others. I couldn't give a shit what happens in Warzone 2 - I don't want to see support declining just because there is another priority in the franchise that I, and many others aren't interested in. I respect Activision chase the money but that shouldn't mean some aspects are neglected especially on the main paid portion of the product irrespective of how many players it has compared to the free mode(s). Call of Duty 2022 essentially consists of 3 different games made by 4 different developers and over 3,000 staff which is an absolutely outrageous amount of resources and to receive less than 10 maps at launch on a game that costs upwards of £90 is a deplorable return really. 

Many people simply don't give a shit about DMZ or Warzone and they must be left feeling very alienated that the only part of the game that requires purchasing is being let down by a lack of content whether tactically done this way or by incompetence. Sledgehammer are creatively useless overall, but in the last 5 years and despite much internal upheaval, they've really tried their utmost hardest to deliverer gamers as much as possible in terms of playable content and this really should be the numeric standard expected for launch titles. All this with the smallest studio by a mile too. The loss of map packs has actually had a dire knock-on effect with the developers not obliged to deliver content by a quantity or on time - instead they hide behind 'seasonal' updates winged on the fly. Income lost from these are easily mitigated with easy bundle sales that cost nothing to develop and can be made in less than a couple of days. 

Many will still be satisfied with the current maps on show but all in all, there's no harm in wanting and deserving more. 

3 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Stick to the OP please (reminding myself at the same time based on my early replies and Gary @techno  trying his hardest to do the same lol 😅).

I think Season 2 info, which I can't see why we wouldn't get something in the next few weeks given Season 1 finishes around then, should help us see how much content is likely to drop regularly into MP. I'm waiting patiently and also not going to hype it up as we know how previous CoDs have gone. As the talk about this one was supposed to be the only CoD this year is still not guaranteed, I think its okay to sit on the fence until we hear more info about content drops.

I'm hoping for one brand new map at least next Season, alongside 2 older maps coming in - considering the Warzone large map clearly has another 2-3 old maps already situated on it. The map rotation isn't getting stale just yet for me though, but it won't be long I'm sure. I'll probably switch to more DMZ at that time.

It sounds like you need to told to fuck off

I have to agree on the low amount of maps though. And not one of them has a good feel.

In the earlier games there was at least a couple that I enjoyed playing.

I feel the maps are getting more and more suited for campers and it slows the pace down.

It's been a very bad week for Call of Duty in the public domain on top of what is already a very miserable period - probably the lowest point since 2016. Epic Games and Valve are really taking things to the next level from a innovative, creative and technical standpoint whilst offering huge long-term benefits to the community. Activision on the other hand are still clambering any available developers to dress up Sledgehammer's DLC as brand new game for later this year.  Been saying for a while how important it is to have a clear forwarding strategy not just in terms of content, but on the direction of products and both Fortnite and Counter-Strike are prime examples of how things are being done right. This is why games like that are still growing and breaking records. Infinity Ward are still bug fixing, patching and balancing which sums it up really. 

1 hour ago, J4MES OX4D said:

It's been a very bad week for Call of Duty in the public domain on top of what is already a very miserable period - probably the lowest point since 2016. Epic Games and Valve are really taking things to the next level from a innovative, creative and technical standpoint whilst offering huge long-term benefits to the community. Activision on the other hand are still clambering any available developers to dress up Sledgehammer's DLC as brand new game for later this year.  Been saying for a while how important it is to have a clear forwarding strategy not just in terms of content, but on the direction of products and both Fortnite and Counter-Strike are prime examples of how things are being done right. This is why games like that are still growing and breaking records. Infinity Ward are still bug fixing, patching and balancing which sums it up really. 

Personally I wouldn't say it's been going as badly as yourself and the YouTube videos you presented have made out. Admittedly I don't play more than 4 hours of Call of Duty a week, but in that limited timeframe I've been rather happy with the things they've brought out.

As far as I'm concerned I'm getting plenty of new content to enjoy, so much so that I haven't come close to unlocking all of the guns yet, and I'm still getting used to the new maps too!

26 minutes ago, cyberninja2601 said:

When I read   "CALL OF DUTY IS DOWN BAD RIGHT NOW ...  so Embarrassing"   I was expecting a Trump post 

Videos are supposed to be watched - the conclusion of context isn't supposed to be determined by the title😂 These are two pretty decent videos from longstanding COD community members including one who plays and produces content daily and is about as honest as they come. Disregarding their entire opinion because you're offended by the video title is rather sad. Both Counter-Strike and Fortnite have put in place some hugely significant and extremely innovative updates which could radically dictate where MP gaming will go in the next 5 years. It's a perfectly fair debate and talking point based on where COD is right now behind the scenes and in terms of its immediate and long-term future. Try not to think every video out there is outright negative and a vendetta against the franchise - even Activision's very own content creator partners are capable of raising concerns on what direction the franchise is going and how they are going to achieve sustainability especially with rival titles making huge strides who are already in a far stronger position in the industry. 

Neroscinema also raises a huge talking point regarding skins - both Fornite and Counter-Strike allow users to retain their earned and purchased skins at all times whereas COD can wipe out thousands of dollars of user purchases going forward as seen during the Warzone transition. Things like that can have a big impact on the consumer and that's just one aspect that Activision needs to address especially with COD 2023. That's a perfectly fair thing to explore so really not sure why you would dismiss things like that outright because of a title..

29 minutes ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Videos are supposed to be watched - the conclusion of context isn't supposed to be determined by the title😂 These are two pretty decent videos from longstanding COD community members including one who plays and produces content daily and is about as honest as they come. Disregarding their entire opinion because you're offended by the video title is rather sad. Both Counter-Strike and Fortnite have put in place some hugely significant and extremely innovative updates which could radically dictate where MP gaming will go in the next 5 years. It's a perfectly fair debate and talking point based on where COD is right now behind the scenes and in terms of its immediate and long-term future. Try not to think every video out there is outright negative and a vendetta against the franchise - even Activision's very own content creator partners are capable of raising concerns on what direction the franchise is going and how they are going to achieve sustainability especially with rival titles making huge strides who are already in a far stronger position in the industry. 

Neroscinema also raises a huge talking point regarding skins - both Fornite and Counter-Strike allow users to retain their earned and purchased skins at all times whereas COD can wipe out thousands of dollars of user purchases going forward as seen during the Warzone transition. Things like that can have a big impact on the consumer and that's just one aspect that Activision needs to address especially with COD 2023. That's a perfectly fair thing to explore so really not sure why you would dismiss things like that outright because of a title..

I mostly dismissed it because I really don't give a flipping shit what others think about games I play. Either I enjoy them and play or I don't. Whatever any of those jackasses bitch about has no bearing on my decisions in the end.

I like to watch Stonemountain and Westie because I actually get to see game play that's pretty decent. Not like what was in one of those videos with bot opponents that are standing around to be shot in the face.

I thought it was pretty hilarious to watch someone call a competing dev team creating domination on rust innovation when that's been done to death. 

3 minutes ago, cyberninja2601 said:

I mostly dismissed it because I really don't give a flipping shit what others think about games I play. Either I enjoy them and play or I don't. Whatever any of those jackasses bitch about has no bearing on my decisions in the end.

I like to watch Stonemountain and Westie because I actually get to see game play that's pretty decent. Not like what was in one of those videos with bot opponents that are standing around to be shot in the face.

I thought it was pretty hilarious to watch someone call a competing dev team creating domination on rust innovation when that's been done to death. 

a) but you always respond here at any criticism of the franchise for game you like

b) those two were die hard Battlefield fanboys until Warzone came along. Some of the stuff they used to say about COD…

c) Rust in Fortnite was created by community members using the newly released Unreal Engine 5 tools which is a generation game changer hence why it’s called Fortnite Creative 2.0. It wasn’t designed by Epic developers to offend a rival brand lmao. Also ironic about you talking COD maps done to death🤣

@cyberninja2601 best to be more civil in responses please Pat, as the whole point of it is to have a discussion about either side. Or to just agree to disagree. I disagree that CoD isn't as bad the titles are but its the reviewers opinion sharing it and if James feels its as bad as that to share it here, he can.

@J4MES OX4D its okay to share the negative reviews, but as said above, better to have a 2-way discussion or just agree to disagree.

My 2p is that I don't see all the negative stuff at all because I don't follow those youtubers. I don't think its globally hated as that points out. Exclusively here at FG, I'd say 90% are really enjoying MW2 and its been viewed as one of the best in recent years. That doesn't mean the game is perfect but MP feels smooth and worthy enough to play 2-3 nights a week right now.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

Best CoD since Blops 2 for me. I don't play it enough to give a fuck about the rest. 

But yeah, let's keep the bullshit out of these conversations otherwise the thread gets nuked. There's enough nastiness on social media without bringing it into our little community🙂

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I stopped watching 8 Thoughts years ago. I just find him annoying and he's been hating COD for a long time. Same with Thunder (who used to be my favourite COD YTer).

COD isn't dead. It still makes a ridiculous amount of money. It's still the best selling game every year (apart from when Rockstar release something).

I actually don't mind MW2. Sure it's got it's issues and IW made some stupid design decisions. But it's better than the last few efforts.

fart.gif

I still watch eight thoughts and thunder and yes they do have critiscms of the game and as eight says that's what drives clicks people love hate videos however both can't simply be dismissed if they have genuine gripes. However Nero as James said is pretty fair.

Now we all like different things same as YouTubers be a bit weird if we didn't, but companies shouldn't just get a pass if they make dumb or incompetent decisions. 

Cod is ok because no matter what they shit out it has enough of a following and enough idiots buying crap to be fine. Probably just like rockstar.

8 hours ago, Greboth said:

I suspect that says more about your posting habits than Pat’s 😄 

I post topics that can be debated rather than just blanket criticisms but if a couple of people interpret that as an insult right off the bat with no consideration to context then any debate is lost. I've said in several threads that I think MW2 is a pretty good game but is let down by some design and post-launch support factors but as soon as I mention those factors, it turns into a 2009-style 'U H8 COD SO UR A HATER OF ALL CAWD GAMEZ' nonsense🤣

1 hour ago, MrBiron said:

I stopped watching 8 Thoughts years ago. I just find him annoying and he's been hating COD for a long time.

Surprisingly the vid he just released where hes being remotely serious is actually pretty spot on. Probably wont sub to him again still but he raises some valid points.