The state of Cod

techno

Just 2 videos that were in my recommended today.

The game needs better and more content, and that's new content wtf are these people doing? Dids used to make jokes about destiny and recycled shit but that seems to be a business model these days unless it's the shop. 

1 hour ago, techno said:

The game needs better and more content, and that's new content wtf are these people doing? Dids used to make jokes about destiny and recycled shit but that seems to be a business model these days unless it's the shop. 

There’s still shit loads to do in CoD. There’s no ways you’ve done it all! 
Faction missions in  DMZ, Warzone then multiplayer. For the more hardcore they’ve bought in Building 21 that I bet youve not tried. Also they have raid assignments now. 
I never thought I’d be interested in COD as much as I am atm. Destiny is just a big bounty grind now for levels to be able to do GMs etc which is boring as F. Trust me I never thought I’d actually say that. 
Recycled shit does tend to be the “go to” now which is a shame but it is what it is. 

1 hour ago, Teenwolf25 said:

There’s still shit loads to do in CoD. There’s no ways you’ve done it all! 
Faction missions in  DMZ, Warzone then multiplayer. For the more hardcore they’ve bought in Building 21 that I bet youve not tried. Also they have raid assignments now. 
I never thought I’d be interested in COD as much as I am atm. Destiny is just a big bounty grind now for levels to be able to do GMs etc which is boring as F. Trust me I never thought I’d actually say that. 
Recycled shit does tend to be the “go to” now which is a shame but it is what it is. 

I agree with what you have said however I'm not not have I ever been interested personally in anything other than multiplayer and as such have to agree with what eighth thoughts and others have said. They seem to have taken away from one mode to spread themselves out and it shows. 

Also youre bang on about destiny. 

Just now, techno said:

I agree with what you have said however I'm not not have I ever been interested personally in anything other than multiplayer and as such have to agree with what eighth thoughts and others have said. They seem to have taken away from one mode to spread themselves out and it shows. 

Also youre bang on about destiny. 

The multiplayer side I’ve only been playing for camp grinding to be honest 😂

1 hour ago, The3rdWalker said:

Still the best Call of Duty to come out in a decade. I still play Warzone and MP regularly. 

Baring bo3 and 4 that's not such a massive win 🤣 especially as BO2 in 2012 is regarded by a lot as the best ever.

2 minutes ago, techno said:

Because that's pretty much all there is, I've been the same hence why nothing really but shipment for over a month 🤣

Ye I see what you mean on the MP side. 
That’s why I prefer DMZ. You actually have missions to do etc. PvP on every game is repetitive same old shit. 

1 hour ago, techno said:

Because that's pretty much all there is, I've been the same hence why nothing really but shipment for over a month 🤣

So, you're only choosing to play shipment 24/7 instead of the other game mode?

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

1 hour ago, techno said:

5 hours ago, techno said:

You make me laugh

-  Warzone Added

-  DMZ added

- Building 21 added

- Co-op mode added

- Raids added

1 hour ago, techno said:

So you'll complain how shitty of a job Activision is doing and not adding anything and being greedy bastard when 4 of those modes are free to play, lots of fun but because you chose not to play it COD sucks and you play 1 map. If that's all I did I would think it sucks too but that would be my fault.

1 hour ago, cyberninja2601 said:

You make me laugh

-  Warzone Added

-  DMZ added

- Building 21 added

- Co-op mode added

- Raids added

So you'll complain how shitty of a job Activision is doing and not adding anything and being greedy bastard when 4 of those modes are free to play, lots of fun but because you chose not to play it COD sucks and you play 1 map. If that's all I did I would think it sucks too but that would be my fault.

First of all I couldn't careless about those modes, if others enjoy it that's fine.  If it was just the free stuff and didn't have a paid mp etc I wouldn't bother with it.

Now I believe there's absolutely a reason to criticize the "paid" for content, or lack of and the fact that others don't is irrelevant due to it being personal opinion. I see it a lot these days especially in the cod community etc that when someone likes something it suddenly is beyond criticism. 

Now can I have fun with the game, yes I've done the battle pass and hit max level and mostly on shoothouse and shipment but it would be nice to see the paid portion of the game get a little more thought and effort put into it, personally I don't think it's too much to expect.

Not Activision ... infinity ward. Activision are doing a great job of removing money from .....some

55 minutes ago, Tove said:

I'm curious of you that aren't satisfied that enough content is being released what do you think should be added to the game? 

Well some more decent maps would be a start infact that would do as far as MP. There's been no new maps since launch and non I'm aware of coming.

12 hours ago, techno said:

Well some more decent maps would be a start infact that would do as far as MP. There's been no new maps since launch and non I'm aware of coming.

Season 1 ends at the end of this month so Season 2 is just around the corner there should be some new maps released with that.

if you haven’t tried DMZ I would highly recommend at least trying it out. I didn’t think that I would like it and only went in to unlock the m13b initially but I’ve since spent the past 2 weeks mostly playing DMZ it’s very different from 6v6 for sure but at least for me it was a nice change of pace

13 hours ago, Tove said:

I'm curious of you that aren't satisfied that enough content is being released what do you think should be added to the game? 

This is the right question all along on the back of sharing those videos Gaz @techno . And based on your answer I would expect a few maps to be coming in a months time as it'll Season 2 out by then. So when we get a few more maps soon, what else do you think it needs? Genuinely interested to know because I'm enjoying the fact that the game as multiple gamemodes, in Multiplayer but also outside of that with Warzone, DMZ and Raids. Equally it has the Campaign they had to make along with the rest (I finished it last night and i'll post thoughts separately - tldr, I really enjoyed it).

18 hours ago, The3rdWalker said:

Still the best Call of Duty to come out in a decade. I still play Warzone and MP regularly. 

This is totally where I stand. That doesn't mean its an unbelievably amazing game. However, based against previous CoDs its miles ahead of them. Outside comparisons to other FPS games with other modes, I actually think it still holds strong too. Destiny 2 is a fantastic shooter but its PvP is in a horrible state and has been for about 2-3 years. Overwatch 2 doesn't feel like its changed much from 5-6 years ago. Still feels good to shoot but limited on gamemodes and now reducing party size to 5 for me really is lost a lot some of their shine due to it now feeling very harsh when its not going your way.

This CoD is the most accessible game for casuals they've had - and I feel this is why those people who create content or play exclusively these games and nothing else will feel that way. Same way if you played Destiny 2 exclusively. Its not the games fault if you don't play Campaign, DMZ, Warzone, which is a large chunk of it. But even then Multiplayer rotates maps extremely well, and it has Tier 1 if you want Hardcore - even though really I feel like this games Core MP is the best from any i've played in the last 8 years. The guns have lots of variety with tweaks that can be made that do make differences, at the same time being able to use stock guns and not feel like a loser straight off the block.

Those content creators are focusing on the 1% crowd that is themselves and not thinking of the playerbase. They exaggerated 10-20 minutes of video to just say the menu options aren't great, and to tell us 'ah, I don't play them modes'. They come across as salty to me because essentially they're 'work' isn't getting them paid.

Only place I'd say it needs a lot of work is Private Games as we need better options to choose from. Currently no proper Gun Game, One in the Chamber, Prop Hunt, etc which would give people hours of content to make if they wanted a revenue from it.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

@GazzaGarrattI've made my point and position clear. I know what your saying but that's you and as I've said we're all different. The YouTube thing doesn't really track because some I follow have quit the game, because they could shit out content to get"paid" but the fact they'd rather quit says more. The game has issues but for me and the reason I didnt play mw19 is maps and you cannot deny there is a lack of content where "new" maps are concerned. So while you are right there are other "modes" the paid for content is imo and others being neglected, past camo grind what are the challenges? 

Tbh I knew what sort of replies I was gonna get when I posted. 

I'm also not so sure what you meant by most accessable for casuals, who are these casuals? I've asked that on twitter, apparently it's me😁

The game is better than I thought but I'll stand by my and others critiscms "content creators of not"

I've also done the campaign👍

2 hours ago, Tove said:

Season 1 ends at the end of this month so Season 2 is just around the corner there should be some new maps released with that.

if you haven’t tried DMZ I would highly recommend at least trying it out. I didn’t think that I would like it and only went in to unlock the m13b initially but I’ve since spent the past 2 weeks mostly playing DMZ it’s very different from 6v6 for sure but at least for me it was a nice change of pace

I believe the "new" map is another reskin, castle which would be an actual new map to me. 

6 minutes ago, techno said:

@GazzaGarrattI've made my point and position clear. I know what your saying but that's you and as I've said we're all different. The YouTube thing doesn't really track because some I follow have quit the game, because they could shit out content to get"paid" but the fact they'd rather quit says more. The game has issues but for me and the reason I didnt play mw19 is maps and you cannot deny there is a lack of content where "new" maps are concerned. So while you are right there are other "modes" the paid for content is imo and others being neglected, past camo grind what are the challenges? 

Tbh I knew what sort of replies I was gonna get when I posted. 

I'm also not so sure what you meant by most accessable for casuals, who are these casuals? I've asked that on twitter, apparently it's me😁

The game is better than I thought but I'll stand by my and others critiscms "content creators of not"

I've also done the campaign👍

Absolutely - I knew what it would be too but I'm glad you still posted it! (Remember, it would be boring if we all agreed 😉)

As a general rule, it really has been a hit with more casual players than hardcore. Doesn't mean all casual players will like it (yourself included 😄) but thats okay. Majority of the casual core players enjoy it because its more accessible. Now, the way I view stuff is that I try to put myself in other people's shoes. When I do for these youtube guys, I need the game to be killer for me so I can make awesome varied content to my audience and play it non-stop to make money. Many people that are shit at DMZ/Warzone and only play CoD MP in the content game will struggle, but I think thats more down to SBMM.

They hate SBMM as do most top players do (I know @jordie1892  would say something about that...) but whats great about it is that casual core players like most of us here don't get slammed every other game due to SBMM. In fact, the daily group up games we've been playing here have really shown that we dominate in many games and then have some tight games where the most fun comes from. I think like most other games (looking at you too Destiny) that if you play on your own on this, its not going to be as enjoyable as others are finding it. BUT, some here are really enjoying their solo experience too, and the fact the 'buzz' feels kind of back abit around FG for a CoD game is probably enough for me to see through the YouTube guys and not get influenced by how they play the game as they don't play it the same way I do or as many of us do here too.

I like this discussion. Some good stuff from either side.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

2 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Absolutely - I knew what it would be too but I'm glad you still posted it! (Remember, it would be boring if we all agreed 😉)

As a general rule, it really has been a hit with more casual players than hardcore. Doesn't mean all casual players will like it (yourself included 😄) but thats okay. Majority of the casual core players enjoy it because its more accessible. Now, the way I view stuff is that I try to put myself in other people's shoes. When I do for these youtube guys, I need the game to be killer for me so I can make awesome varied content to my audience and play it non-stop to make money. Many people that are shit at DMZ/Warzone and only play CoD MP in the content game will struggle, but I think thats more down to SBMM.

They hate SBMM as do most top players do (I know @jordie1892  would say something about that...) but whats great about it is that casual core players like most of us here don't get slammed every other game due to SBMM. In fact, the daily group up games we've been playing here have really shown that we dominate in many games and then have some tight games where the most fun comes from. I think like most other games (looking at you too Destiny) that if you play on your own on this, its not going to be as enjoyable as others are finding it. BUT, some here are really enjoying their solo experience too, and the fact the 'buzz' feels kind of back abit around FG for a CoD game is probably enough for me to see through the YouTube guys and not get influenced by how they play the game as they don't play it the same way I do or as many of us do here too.

I like this discussion. Some good stuff from either side.

Oh yeah definitely be a boring world if we all agreed. As for sbmm that's a whole new Pandora's box, personally I think that there should be some but nothing like it is today however I do play solo and I can enjoy it, destiny taught me to simply not care about winning🤣  I've said I have fun but this thread was mainly about content not issues the game has especially as  this is a 2 year cod. 

On 1/10/2023 at 1:54 PM, techno said:

Baring bo3 and 4 that's not such a massive win 🤣 especially as BO2 in 2012 is regarded by a lot as the best ever.

I’ve enjoyed this one more than any others since the BO2 days. That said. They definitely need more maps. I actually like the ones they have other that the border one. All other ones play good especially in objective modes. Bringing Shipment and Shoot House back was for camo grinding only. If you don’t want to grind the camos then season one was definitely a bust. 

I can’t watch Thunders videos more. That dude would bitch about a blow job. He has been complaining about CoD games since MW2 and that’s all he does. I like Xclusive Aces take on the game. I genuinely agree with much of what he has to say. 

The biggest issue I have is that there has been zero communication about what’s to come. About patches or fixes for things, looking at you turtle boys. They also seem to not listen to the community at all, turtle again. People want a true HC back. Personally I didn’t care until I had to do long shots with SMGs. People want something done with the shield on the back. No one asked for the melee nurf with it. 

23 hours ago, cyberninja2601 said:

You make me laugh

-  Warzone Added

-  DMZ added

- Building 21 added

- Co-op mode added

- Raids added

All but the Coop stuff is part of the free to play model. I have the same issue as Gary about the FTP vs the purchased game. They need to be separate. They shouldn’t use the purchased game to fund the free to play version of it. I get why they do it. Here’s WZ for free but if you want to level your guns faster and have more of an advantage in WZ you can do it quicker in multiplayer. I also don’t understand you defending Activision. Like most AAA companies all they care about is money. Look at how EA has basically destroyed Battlefield. Activision only cares about $$$. I understand it’s there to make money and they have shareholders to answer to but you have to also listen to the player base if not then ultimately they will stop spending money that they cherish so much. 

35 minutes ago, TigerBurge said:

All but the Coop stuff is part of the free to play model. I have the same issue as Gary about the FTP vs the purchased game. They need to be separate. They shouldn’t use the purchased game to fund the free to play version of it. I get why they do it. Here’s WZ for free but if you want to level your guns faster and have more of an advantage in WZ you can do it quicker in multiplayer. I also don’t understand you defending Activision. Like most AAA companies all they care about is money. Look at how EA has basically destroyed Battlefield. Activision only cares about $$$. I understand it’s there to make money and they have shareholders to answer to but you have to also listen to the player base if not then ultimately they will stop spending money that they cherish so much. 

I'm  with you on that however as someone that hasn't played Warzone yet but is absolutely loving DMZ I feel that I wouldn't have enjoyed or done as much as I have in DMZ if it wasn't for having a good base of weapons from playing Multiplayer so its kinda a double edged sword really.