New Assault Rifle Being Sold On Ebay

IRaMPaGe

That's right folks, people are selling that new Assault Rifle on Ebay for around £5.

So they will drop it for you at a price. 

That's what happens when they do stupid challenges for new guns. 

People will try profit from it, wouldn't happen if we had a more traditional unlock system. 🙄

MW2-M13B.jpeg
WWW.EUROGAMER.NET

Modern Warfare 2 players are paying real money on eBay to unlock a hard-to-gain weapon...

31 minutes ago, techno said:

Maybe some blame has to lay at the feet of those willing to pay. Same goes for mtx

Oh definitely I agree! But you have to go to the creator, the genesis if you will. 

Stupid unlock system leads to this. Without their silly ideas, then the ability to sell it wouldn't exist. 

6 hours ago, IRaMPaGe said:

That's right folks, people are selling that new Assault Rifle on Ebay for around £5.

So they will drop it for you at a price. 

That's what happens when they do stupid challenges for new guns. 

People will try profit from it, wouldn't happen if we had a more traditional unlock system. 🙄

MW2-M13B.jpeg
WWW.EUROGAMER.NET

Modern Warfare 2 players are paying real money on eBay to unlock a hard-to-gain weapon...

Wouldn't happen if people valued effort and skill and patience.  if you want the gun go and earn it. it's totally free and well documented how to get it.  

otherwise develop some socials and get some real friends who will drop it for free.  

There are 6 other blue prints in the game in addition to the M13. People don't talk about those because they are already unlocked. They are in the other strongholds. But you need to unlock those too if you want them

1 hour ago, cyberninja2601 said:

Wouldn't happen if people valued effort and skill and patience.  if you want the gun go and earn it. it's totally free and well documented how to get it.  

otherwise develop some socials and get some real friends who will drop it for free.  

There are 6 other blue prints in the game in addition to the M13. People don't talk about those because they are already unlocked. They are in the other strongholds. But you need to unlock those too if you want them

There are that many guns to level up and grind already. 8 Assault Rifles at launch. 

Might get the M13 eventually, in no rush to aquire it. 

Haven't even tried to get it yet. 

Like I say, there are plenty of better guns to use. I've seen it's stats and it ain't a top 3, it's mid tier average and mediocre at best. 

Maybe if I get bored one day I will attempt it. No interest in the DMZ mode atm. 

You've gotta be a fucking idiot to pay for a fucking gun in COD. But then people stump up £20+ for a stupid skin. So I guess COD players are idiots. Although I think that whoever thought of doing this is a genius.

fart.gif

1 hour ago, MrBiron said:

You've gotta be a fucking idiot to pay for a fucking gun in COD. But then people stump up £20+ for a stupid skin. So I guess COD players are idiots. Although I think that whoever thought of doing this is a genius.

Like selling ice to the Eskimos. 🤭

8 hours ago, MrBiron said:

When did it become any of your business what people do with their money.  Whether it be hookers/Cocaine or stupid guns. It's their business. 

Depending on how much you get paid, you might make more than that an hour which and it's likely to take you more than hour to grind for it

Personally I don't have that gun. But if people want to pay for a gun or a burgertown skin its their business

4 hours ago, cyberninja2601 said:

When did it become any of your business what people do with their money.  Whether it be hookers/Cocaine or stupid guns. It's their business. 

Depending on how much you get paid, you might make more than that an hour which and it's likely to take you more than hour to grind for it

Personally I don't have that gun. But if people want to pay for a gun or a burgertown skin its their business

While very true it is one of if not the reason we have the bullshit shop etc in games and why only fans exists. 😉

The DMZ mode is so unpopular people are shelling out the money on ebay, rather than unlocking the gun. 

Some folk are paying up to £25 Ouch. 

warzone_ebay.jpg
WWW.GAMINGBIBLE.CO.UK

CoD players really don't want to spend any time on the new DMZ mode.

3 hours ago, IRaMPaGe said:

The DMZ mode is so unpopular people are shelling out the money on ebay, rather than unlocking the gun. 

Some folk are paying up to £25 Ouch. 

warzone_ebay.jpg
WWW.GAMINGBIBLE.CO.UK

CoD players really don't want to spend any time on the new DMZ mode.

Don't take it as gospel that DMZ is unpopular.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

On 11/25/2022 at 7:56 PM, IRaMPaGe said:

Stupid unlock system leads to this. Without their silly ideas, then the ability to sell it wouldn't exist. 

Kind of, but this stuff exists everywhere now so I think its more about gaming culture changing more than anything. There are some that don't really want to work or even try in the slight to get weapons or unlocks in games anymore - this is exact same thing happens in Destiny 2 and has for years. Its really down to the company to ban and stop recoveries and people that actively play for others for money.

It may be a shame that one gun is in a gamemode that some don't like or want to use, but thats not enough noise and reason to not make a reward like that available. If the game had 3 weapons and this was 25% of the available weapons then people may have a point but it won't break the game fundamentally at all.

The real losers here are the people that pay money for it.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

Just to provide another view on this, isn't this sort of thing essentially what some of the bigger tech companies are trying to achieve with a metaverse? The idea that someone is paying some money for a gun in a game isn't really any different from skins or virtual content. In fact some people pay thousands of pounds for virtual land these days and with the planet going the way it is there is every possibility that for most people a virtual world is going to be where people spend a lot of their time one day.

I feel like the idea of trading real world money for virtual items has been around for some time already?

Luseth.png

6 hours ago, phil bottle said:

Don't take it as gospel that DMZ is unpopular.

I don't think people are shelling money because the game is unpopular. They are doing it because they cannot manage the activity + the extraction

It requires skill and a decent squad. Lots of people can't invest in it

I've played the DMZ and I do prefer it to Warzone.  My only complaint is that I wish I  could unequip some of the stuff for my soldier. If I want to go in to do something challenging I don't want to lose by large backpack,  vest and mask. I wouldn't mind being able to leave them behind 

This video kind of shows the problem. You had 3 profession gamers take on people who just are there  to play. The first attack is kind of pathetic were the killed players who had no gear and were no danger. 

So that's why people fork the $25

We had the case and people just camped us at the extract. So "get better"

On 11/28/2022 at 12:38 PM, Luseth said:

Just to provide another view on this, isn't this sort of thing essentially what some of the bigger tech companies are trying to achieve with a metaverse? The idea that someone is paying some money for a gun in a game isn't really any different from skins or virtual content. In fact some people pay thousands of pounds for virtual land these days and with the planet going the way it is there is every possibility that for most people a virtual world is going to be where people spend a lot of their time one day.

I feel like the idea of trading real world money for virtual items has been around for some time already?

So.....Total Recall?

😎

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

On 11/28/2022 at 12:38 PM, Luseth said:

Just to provide another view on this, isn't this sort of thing essentially what some of the bigger tech companies are trying to achieve with a metaverse? The idea that someone is paying some money for a gun in a game isn't really any different from skins or virtual content.

If the demand is there and users are given the ability to move stuff between accounts then there will be a market for such things. It's been pretty rife for many years now - MMO's have had this sort of thing and with so many games using Open API's now, they can literally create websites or frameworks to move stuff between accounts. I don't believe Activision foresaw users selling this DMZ gun so perhaps they will tighten this in the future because they want users spending their money on their own bundles rather than under-the-table trades between each other. 

The Metaverse is even worse as a concept because they want to sell people 'ownership' of worthless digital goods for exceptional fees - something Ubisoft have already failed with horrendously and deservedly so. What we are seeing now is nothing new though and companies are more likely to put a stop to it rather than letting it slide so they can control everything themselves rather than letting side-markets bring the game into disrepute and they miss out on money changing hands. 

Does anyone have the gun? I was wondering if one person did if we could get together and they drop it. Pick it up and exfil. Rinse and repeat that was we all would have it. It’s driving me crazy being a completionist and not having it. However I could care less about DMZ 

9 minutes ago, TigerBurge said:

Does anyone have the gun? I was wondering if one person did if we could get together and they drop it. Pick it up and exfil. Rinse and repeat that was we all would have it. It’s driving me crazy being a completionist and not having it. However I could care less about DMZ 

I'm sure @Teenwolf25  might have it.

@The3rdWalker  offered it to people I'm positive he mentioned it about dropping it if anyone wants it. 

I assume Pat @cyberninja2601  has it because he has played some DMZ. 

5 minutes ago, IRaMPaGe said:

I'm sure @Teenwolf25  might have it.

@The3rdWalker  offered it to people I'm positive he mentioned it about dropping it if anyone wants it. 

I assume Pat @cyberninja2601  has it because he has played some DMZ. 

I do not have it. Came close a number of times but got screwed on the extractions.  Haven't been trying all that hard. 

the3rdwalker offered to help people out. Give him a ping

16 minutes ago, Teenwolf25 said:

Who wants it?? 

@TigerBurge  Wants it for sure, I think we all will do eventually.

I think once you have passed it on and more people have it the better. 

Mostly timezones and catching the peoples. 

Thanks for the speedy confirmation, also @cyberninja2601 as well for his fast reply. 

Just now, IRaMPaGe said:

Thanks for the speedy confirmation, also @cyberninja2601 as well for his fast reply. 

@TigerBurge add me on PS and when we’re on at the same time I can drop it for you 

1 hour ago, IRaMPaGe said:

This right here. I’m not against playing DMZ to get it but it sort of pisses me off I spent $100 on a game and it should be given as a challenge or something also. I hate games forcing you to play something else. Looking at you Destiny, to get a weapon you want