Modern Warfare 2(022)

J4MES OX4D

15 hours ago, phil bottle said:

Finally got around to playing  some COD this evening. 

Four hours went by in a flash.

It seems I'm massively addicted to the DMZ mode.

Absolutely love it.

What are you doing in there? The challenges. strongholds. Something else? 

I kind of like it. It's a simpler Warzone in many ways. You got a squad? Solo? Randoms?

I've gotten some really good randoms and some really bad ones. I kills me when they just bail after we spawn in and leave me short teams mates.  Sometimes being solo is better because you can mitigate you danger. 

19 hours ago, cyberninja2601 said:

What are you doing in there? The challenges. strongholds. Something else? 

I kind of like it. It's a simpler Warzone in many ways. You got a squad? Solo? Randoms?

I've gotten some really good randoms and some really bad ones. I kills me when they just bail after we spawn in and leave me short teams mates.  Sometimes being solo is better because you can mitigate you danger. 

I have been doing it solo, which I quite tough, and I've only managed to extract a few times.

Mostly go for the strongholds.

I wish there was longer than 25 minutes as that seems to a bit short, particularly when the the exfils are on the other side of the map. 

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

44 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

I have been doing it solo, which I quite tough, and I've only managed to extract a few times.

I wish there was longer than 25 minutes as that seems to a bit short, particularly when the the exfils are on the other side of the map. 

Will have to try and jump on with you one evening if you're up for it — really been wanting to try the DMZ mode out!

I suspect the time limit is to try and push the quick and chaotic type gameplay, but I agree it still seems quite a stretch from the gameplay I've seen.

1 hour ago, phil bottle said:

yah, solo is fine as long as you don't encounter another team.  It might be easier than having idiots as team mates. 

After 25 minutes the gas starts closing in which can be crazy as you lose your extraction point. I think the best solo strategy is to head towards an open area extraction right away and then do stuff

I think I managed about 15 extractions. I usually bring in the SPR and pickup a RPK which is everywhere 

Yeah, I had to change my tactics playing solo, and sometimes just extract with what I have instead of pushing too much. That way I almost always extract. I do still take too many chances with the ai and need to avoid getting shotgunned in the back because I didn't check a corner...

@James5497  let's definitely sort something out 👍

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Nerf now the money is banked

AJCFPtAKeKevZDMCGLbTnL-1200-80.jpg
WWW.PCGAMER.COM

The LA Thieves Call of Duty League skin could function as a veritable sneaking suit.

Regular as clockwork

2 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Nerf now the money is banked

AJCFPtAKeKevZDMCGLbTnL-1200-80.jpg
WWW.PCGAMER.COM

The LA Thieves Call of Duty League skin could function as a veritable sneaking suit.

Regular as clockwork

Yeah I saw TheXclusiveAce do a video about it. 

Funny how they never nerfed the Black Rose skin from MW19, or at least for ages. I suppose that was a freebie. 

I guess if people are going to pay for a bundle with an advantage, they have to take it away to make it not look like P2W. 

Suck the money from the consumers first then nerf once a large injection of cash comes in. 

Even if they sold say 5k of them at $20 a pop, that's 100k. Pretty large for 1 bundle and skin. 

If anything they need to nerf the shop. 

If they done things a bit cheaper maybe more would buy? 

I guess some people and content creators are going to buy regardless of the price. 

Who am I to say? They clearly know what they are doing. 🤭

2 hours ago, IRaMPaGe said:

Funny how they never nerfed the Black Rose skin from MW19, or at least for ages. I suppose that was a freebie. 

I guess if people are going to pay for a bundle with an advantage, they have to take it away to make it not look like P2W. 

Suck the money from the consumers first then nerf once a large injection of cash comes in. 

Even if they sold say 5k of them at $20 a pop, that's 100k. Pretty large for 1 bundle and skin. 

I guess some people and content creators are going to buy regardless of the price. 

I believe they sold an insane rate because it even went into Steam's top sellers which is based on revenue and considering it's £10, a lot must have been sold and I imagine way more on console. Easy money though - get the army of VPN bot-playing shills to promote it, everyone buys it thinking they'll get a significant advantage, players then complain - even those that own it and then saviour Activision comes in with a nerf to keep people partially sweet although a bit disappointed and it's off to the next £10-25 bundle! 

18 hours ago, IRaMPaGe said:

Serves the people right that bought it. Everyone on YouTube and Reddit was saying it was going to get nerfed. If people want a change to the system then they have to stop paying money for shit like this. Stop buying all the bundles. I’m fine with season passes. I hate them but I understand why they do them. It pays for the content. I would always buy the dlc packs and typically hated the maps that came with them and disabled the map pack or your connection suffered because the community was split. This way now everyone has the maps. Even though most of them suck or we get Shoot House and Shipment instead of any other classic map for the MW series. 

2 hours ago, TigerBurge said:

Serves the people right that bought it. Everyone on YouTube and Reddit was saying it was going to get nerfed. If people want a change to the system then they have to stop paying money for shit like this. Stop buying all the bundles. I’m fine with season passes. I hate them but I understand why they do them. It pays for the content. I would always buy the dlc packs and typically hated the maps that came with them and disabled the map pack or your connection suffered because the community was split. This way now everyone has the maps. Even though most of them suck or we get Shoot House and Shipment instead of any other classic map for the MW series. 

Exactly. they paid to get an advantage, it got taken away. Sucks to be them. 

On 12/12/2022 at 11:18 AM, TigerBurge said:

If people want a change to the system then they have to stop paying money for shit like this. Stop buying all the bundles. 

100% agree. I totally refuse to pay for any of the stupid shit in the store. I don't mind paying the Battle Pass but I'm not paying £20 for a stupid skin.

fart.gif

On 12/12/2022 at 11:18 AM, TigerBurge said:

If people want a change to the system then they have to stop paying money for shit like this. Stop buying all the bundles

Sadly wont happen as Activision have players by the absolute balls. Same with FIFA - players know EA relentlessly cheat them but the overriding amount of shills and the lure of such content mean players will forever have their wallets open ready to pay up for anything and everything. Players spend $hundreds on Warzone Verdansk content which they can't access ever again and every premium weapon bundle in the last 3 years has been nerfed shortly before the new bundle goes live to bait people to move on to the new content. Players get 3 weeks with an OP 'skin', it gets nerfed to appease the non-owners and then the new one is released and the cycle repeats. If it was just cosmetics then it wouldn't be an issue but to drive appeal and sales, these bundles need to have a USP more than just being a skin and that's when they launch OP and eventually get nerfed.  Even the LA Thieves skin debacle just gone wont deter anyone in the community for falling into the same trap again either with weapons or more character cosmetics.

As long as TikToker's and YouTube content creators push this concept, it will exist like a disease and the beauty for Activision now is they don't even have to sponsor or work directly with such creators because these lapdogs are doing it for views or to suck up to the brand in the hope of being noticed for free.  

On 12/16/2022 at 11:34 AM, J4MES OX4D said:

Sadly wont happen as Activision have players by the absolute balls. Same with FIFA - players know EA relentlessly cheat them but the overriding amount of shills and the lure of such content mean players will forever have their wallets open ready to pay up for anything and everything. Players spend $hundreds on Warzone Verdansk content which they can't access ever again and every premium weapon bundle in the last 3 years has been nerfed shortly before the new bundle goes live to bait people to move on to the new content. Players get 3 weeks with an OP 'skin', it gets nerfed to appease the non-owners and then the new one is released and the cycle repeats. If it was just cosmetics then it wouldn't be an issue but to drive appeal and sales, these bundles need to have a USP more than just being a skin and that's when they launch OP and eventually get nerfed.  Even the LA Thieves skin debacle just gone wont deter anyone in the community for falling into the same trap again either with weapons or more character cosmetics.

As long as TikToker's and YouTube content creators push this concept, it will exist like a disease and the beauty for Activision now is they don't even have to sponsor or work directly with such creators because these lapdogs are doing it for views or to suck up to the brand in the hope of being noticed for free.  

I agree that cheating skins should be nerfed.

But I completely disagree that skins and decorative items are the problem... I love buying the occasional skin and I know a lot of casual gamers that feel the same way.

Seems a much better system than these gambling loot boxes.

3 hours ago, James5497 said:

But I completely disagree that skins and decorative items are the problem... I love buying the occasional skin and I know a lot of casual gamers that feel the same way.

Cosmetic skins aren't a problem but the purchasable ones in COD are because they are MORE than skins - they have altered back-end stats to inflate performance to make them an attractive purchase, which then get subsequently nerfed before the next bundle is released. Players then see their gun isn't as effective post-nerf and simply move onto the next bundle. They wouldn't even sell a tenth of these skins if there weren't performance boosters in place especially when the core game has almost 200 skins already available which can be comfortably earned by playing. If these skins were just cosmetics then they wouldn't need to be nerfed on queue regular as clockwork. 

Skins in games like Overwatch 2016 were fine as they were outright cosmetics paid or earned but this is not how Activision operates this aspect - they literally have patents in place for monetised matchmaking purposes placing users against premium gun owners in a bid to entice a purchase and this has been in place and enforced for a few years now as well as the shills that further push this concept. If you buy a bundle for whatever reason, you are paying for an advantage whether intentional or not and also irrespective of ability. This is the same way people were buying the LA Thieves skin to gain a visible advantage. Once sales peaked, Activision then nerfed the appearance of the skin despite plenty of warnings prior and having had the same charade during Warzone 1 with a very similar skin. This wasn't a mistake - this was a deliberate and calculated money-grab from Activision in selling something that provided a clear advantage and then appeasing the complaints after the money was banked. Same applies to skins basically. 

If Activision opened up a store selling 1000 cosmetic-only skins for £100 each tomorrow then it wouldn't be an issue but just one skin that has vastly improved stats (mined, not in-game) then that puts the game in the P2W category. 

How people play this solo is a mystery to me as it's just annoying. I always get put with total idiot team mates who don't shoot down ANYTHING. So the other team have constant UAV's up and my team mates will just repeatedly run out and get killed by VTOL's or Chopper Gunner's without thinking that maybe they should get rid of them 🤬🤦‍♂️

fart.gif

On 12/18/2022 at 7:23 PM, J4MES OX4D said:

Cosmetic skins aren't a problem but the purchasable ones in COD are because they are MORE than skins - they have altered back-end stats to inflate performance to make them an attractive purchase, which then get subsequently nerfed before the next bundle is released. Players then see their gun isn't as effective post-nerf and simply move onto the next bundle. They wouldn't even sell a tenth of these skins if there weren't performance boosters in place especially when the core game has almost 200 skins already available which can be comfortably earned by playing. If these skins were just cosmetics then they wouldn't need to be nerfed on queue regular as clockwork. 

Skins in games like Overwatch 2016 were fine as they were outright cosmetics paid or earned but this is not how Activision operates this aspect - they literally have patents in place for monetised matchmaking purposes placing users against premium gun owners in a bid to entice a purchase and this has been in place and enforced for a few years now as well as the shills that further push this concept. If you buy a bundle for whatever reason, you are paying for an advantage whether intentional or not and also irrespective of ability. This is the same way people were buying the LA Thieves skin to gain a visible advantage. Once sales peaked, Activision then nerfed the appearance of the skin despite plenty of warnings prior and having had the same charade during Warzone 1 with a very similar skin. This wasn't a mistake - this was a deliberate and calculated money-grab from Activision in selling something that provided a clear advantage and then appeasing the complaints after the money was banked. Same applies to skins basically. 

If Activision opened up a store selling 1000 cosmetic-only skins for £100 each tomorrow then it wouldn't be an issue but just one skin that has vastly improved stats (mined, not in-game) then that puts the game in the P2W category. 

I would say that I have been killed by Lionel Messi on a number of occasions but I've yet to run into Pogba or Ronaldo. Couldn't get an autograph from Leo no matter how much I chased him

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

2 hours ago, MrBiron said:

How people play this solo is a mystery to me as it's just annoying. I always get put with total idiot team mates who don't shoot down ANYTHING. So the other team have constant UAV's up and my team mates will just repeatedly run out and get killed by VTOL's or Chopper Gunner's without thinking that maybe they should get rid of them 🤬🤦‍♂️

I play solo and, apart from Shipment, I don't mind taking down UAV / CUAV as it grinds my launcher camos. I actually like playing solo if no-one else is around as I can do my own thing for challenges without worrying about letting the side down - I also don't care about W/L or K/D ratios. As long as I'm enjoying myself, that's the main thing 👍

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

1 hour ago, Plumbers Crack said:

I play solo and, apart from Shipment, I don't mind taking down UAV / CUAV as it grinds my launcher camos. I actually like playing solo if no-one else is around as I can do my own thing for challenges without worrying about letting the side down - I also don't care about W/L or K/D ratios. As long as I'm enjoying myself, that's the main thing 👍

@MrBiron  this...solo is easy when you give as much of a shit as anyone else. Tbh since it came out I've only played shoothouse and now shipment as I can't be arsed dodging all the other crap boring maps to maybe get the market map. 

Or if it's raining streaks just bail.

6 hours ago, MrBiron said:

I played solo since it came out and I don't see a problem. Just get your own VTOLs or choppers.  I run the UAV, predator, Sentry most of the time and I don't see a problem. I have a K/D of about 1, a W/L of about 0.9 so I am not getting obliterated.  You just can't play shipment and expect a objective based match. Everyone is in there to get the level ups. camos and other chalenges. The other maps have been pretty reasonable. 

I have platinum launchers, I've shot some shit down. 

Soon as I die to ze choppa or VTOL, I'm straight away switching to an LMG with Cold Blooded. 

I blast 75-100 rounds into it and it's not dead, but close to it depending. 

For extra effect, add the armor piercing rounds that boost damage vs vehicles. 

You can have those pesky flying bringers of death down in mere seconds. 

And Ghost for UAVs. 🙂

22 hours ago, cyberninja2601 said:

I played solo since it came out and I don't see a problem. Just get your own VTOLs or choppers.  I run the UAV, predator, Sentry most of the time and I don't see a problem. I have a K/D of about 1, a W/L of about 0.9 so I am not getting obliterated.  You just can't play shipment and expect a objective based match. Everyone is in there to get the level ups. camos and other challenges. The other maps have been pretty reasonable. 

I'm glad it feels okay to you. I play a few games whilst waiting to see who comes into the party and they aren't that bad either. However, I don't think I could play on my own all the time on there. The ability to chat to teammates (especially FGers) that want to help take down UAVs, VTOLs together ASAP, even if they won't get spotted is a general pleasing feeling. As soon as everyone works out K/D means shit the game plays far better. The only stat I enjoy progressing is my and everyone elses W/L ratio.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

I've been enjoying multiplayer solo all the way to prestige 5, Although recently I've been playing more DMZ, the change of pace is quite interesting. I didn't think I would enjoy the game mode when I first heard of it as I'm not really into Warzone I only really played it for the m13b but now I am enjoying it so I guess for me having that challenge linked to DMZ was the correct thing to do.