Modern Warfare 2(022)

J4MES OX4D

Game is definitely less refined than MW2019. Interface is a catastrophic mess - it doesn't even tell you what XP tokens you have currently activated for instance. Everything else seems completely and unnecessarily bloated. This is what happens when you hire TV streaming clowns when it could be done in-house through common sense. The rest of the maps seem absolute garbage - haven't seen a spec of snow or anything - it's all South American/Middle Eastern terrains which fits the campaign but doesn't provide any variety. The weapon unlock and progression system just limits customisation too. Cold War was definitely way more polished than this although not technically as impressive. 

2 hours ago, cyberninja2601 said:

Maybe they just wanted to troll and see who would complain. It was listed in all of the data mines. I figured they would know better but I guess not 🙂

They could have been trying to troll but I suspect it's just because they're useless. 

fart.gif

2 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Game is definitely less refined than MW2019. Interface is a catastrophic mess - it doesn't even tell you what XP tokens you have currently activated for instance. Everything else seems completely and unnecessarily bloated. This is what happens when you hire TV streaming clowns when it could be done in-house through common sense. The rest of the maps seem absolute garbage - haven't seen a spec of snow or anything - it's all South American/Middle Eastern terrains which fits the campaign but doesn't provide any variety. The weapon unlock and progression system just limits customisation too. Cold War was definitely way more polished than this although not technically as impressive. 

It's too bad you feel that way. I quite like it so far. My team mates have been kill whores and we managed to lose every game but other than that it's been great. Can't even complain about the connection which if you know me, that's an accomplishment right there

3 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

With all the info to hand why can't they design good quality MP maps, the rest of the game could be great and it can be ruined by bad map design. Maybe they should design MP maps first then fit them to the campaign somehow.

Just now, techno said:

With all the info to hand why can't they design good quality MP maps, the rest of the game could be great and it can be ruined by bad map design. Maybe they should design MP maps first then fit them to the campaign somehow.

There's also a new contender for the worst map in COD history.

cod-modern-warfare-2-fix-matchmaking-lob

MW2-HP-MAP-OVERVIEW-SANTA-SENA-BORDER-CR

10 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

No challenges, no camo stat tracking, no leaderboards, no after action report, no combat record, no XP token time tracking, no hardcore mode, plus more

These are basic staple features. 

Disgraceful...... Will watch the video later. 

17 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

No challenges, no camo stat tracking, no leaderboards, no after action report, no combat record, no XP token time tracking, no hardcore mode, plus more

How can you work on a game for 3 years and have features missing that have been in the series for 15 years? 

On 10/28/2022 at 12:48 PM, MrBiron said:

They could have been trying to troll but I suspect it's just because they're useless. 

Looks like I was correct 😎

fart.gif

20 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Well they are calling this the pre-season until November when the lauch WZ 2.0 and the game pass. Maybe they are waiting for Season 1 before they enable that stuff. In America, no one counts pre-season for anything. Might be a good thing. Gives people 2 weeks to get use to things and then you start accumulating stats

XVWAit8TdU8ETCaDzSfmAZ-1200-80.png
WWW.PCGAMER.COM

The five-star Conservatorium Hotel doesn't appreciate being the scene of countless virtual gunfights.

maxresdefault.jpg
Pretty big cock up by Activision if they've done all this without permissions. The race track map was touch and go whether it was gonna even appear as all pre-release marketing material was pulled. It may still not remain. The museum map (another real world location) has also gone walkies. 

1 hour ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Got my first nuke today - called the MGB or something. Wasn't really paying attention or even going for it so I don't know what the requirements are for it. I was on a fairly long streak that's all I know 

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Very impressive J4MES, it's a 30 Killstreak in this game. 😎

5 hours ago, IRaMPaGe said:

Very impressive J4MES, it's a 30 Killstreak in this game. 😎

Oh blimey! I knew I went on a tear but I didn't think it was that much. Got off to a nightmare start too! 

I've had shit lobbies ever since though so maybe it wasn't such a good idea..

1 hour ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Good overview of how woefully designed the Gunsmith is - some attachments don't even tell you how to unlock them and others have very unclear definitions on their impact

Vanguard and Cold War had extremely detailed down to the last millisecond. 

Everything from damage, damage range, bullet velocity, Ads, Sprint to fire. Recoil Vertical, horizontal, weapon idle sway, centering speed, hipfire spread, movement speed, aim walking speed and everything in between. 

Also showed you the difference between attachments. I really do miss what they had, it was absolute perfection. 😐

Game is dreadful this morning, ground war is nothing but 100ms ping lobbies and normal MP is 80+

dying in one bullet yet takes half a clip to kill anyone, reminds me of my experience with the beta

59 minutes ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Once you reach max rank, you don't receive an after action report outlining what guns you've leveled up so you have to keep going into the class to check. Another really silly interface information oversight. 

Finally unlocked the Hurricane today - haven't seen many of them around and that's probably largely thanks having to reach level 16 with the FTAC RECON which is probably the worst gun I've ever used. 5 round battle rifle where you need to land ever bullet perfectly plus it takes and age to ADS and reload. Spent most of it doing Invasion because you just don't stand a chance in any of the core modes with that gun. Also sucks at range too.