22 hours ago, WelchyTV said:

I don’t think so mate, unless you remember the code for that world which I doubt 🤣

Could always start again from scratch though! 

19 hours ago, Plumbers Crack said:

Talk to @Greboth we used to have / may still have an FG Minecraft server

The modded server is still running though I don't think it's used much, if at all.  But it's a Java server so only accessible on PC.  If people talking about console then that's the bedrock server which Matty @Misneach_ was admin for and I don't know what's going on with or if it's still up.

With the autocrafter coming in an update soon, I'm tempted to try vanilla.  I could switch the modded server to a vanilla one if people want to play but again, this would only be for PC players, not consoles.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

14 hours ago, TurboR56Mini said:

i've done some things then had to travel for work. 

No worries mate, I can understand work getting in the way.  Just hard to judge between leaving a server up and no-one playing it or wiping the server.

1 hour ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Would you jump back on the vanilla server @Greboth in the meantime perhaps? I have some ideas for it.

Yeah I should get back on vanilla.  I just keep getting distracted by other modpacks 😄 

2 hours ago, techno said:

I meant march 🙄 but I will take a look at it before then as I do need some motivation to use it more. Will look through the thread and video etc. I assume you'll need some sort of base game? 

Ah yeah, there's a better chance we'll still be on Academy in March 🙂

My little video covers how to install the pack but yes, you need a Minecraft account to log in to the FTB Launcher.  So if you don't have the vanilla game, you'll need to buy it though you'll need to make sure to get the Java edition (Not the Windows 10, PE or Bedrock or whatever it's called on the store)

Due to someone *cough* Matt *cough* irradiating the last server, FTB Academy is now live on the server for all to play.

The server does run a whitelist though so you won't be able to join until I have your username.  I can add to the whitelist almost at anytime so drop me a message here or whatsapp and I'll add you.

6 hours ago, techno said:

Just read through the thread and yes I have a pc and as you say @Greboth I don't use it 😫😁 but also I'm a complete noob, that earlier post in the thread may have well been in Chinese, however wifey has a new job starting in May so when she finally has to fuck off out to work again my pc is moving downstairs so I plan on using it more so this is definitely an opportunity and as such I'm definitely interested in but I've never had anything to do with Minecraft ever. 

Honestly we probably won't be on Academy by then as larger packs are usually done in a few months but Academy is not a large pack though we shall see.  However you'll still be welcome on the server if/whenever you want to jump on and can go through some of the basics of modded 🙂

Right you bumders let's see if we can get this going somewhere.  I'm tagging those who I've got even the vaguest recollection of being interested or I know has a PC but the server is open to anyone really 🙂

Tom @LordBaguette I'm sure this would run on your Mac

@Diddums It's not Tekkit but you know you want to get back in to modded MC

Carl @TurboR56Mini You've joined a couple of the packs but not really known what was going on so now is your chance to learn

Gary @techno I don't think you use your PC for anything else so fancy joining?

Conner @JamaicanSteve I've got a vague recollection of you talking about it but not sure if you have a PC?

@Ajay I'm sure @crispymorgan mentioned you wanting to use his Java account so maybe time to pester him some more

@Tadnothad How's your PC doing these days? I've got a vague recollection you said in Wales it was broken but hopefully you've got it fixed

@Sennex Noticed you've been around the forums recently and you're always welcome to join

@Macca89 I know you don't like MC so just tagging you to annoy you 😄

Hello all,

As some of you may know, I have run a modded Minecraft server for FG over the last few years.  Modded Minecraft can be quite different to vanilla so to that end FTB, a modpack maker, made a pack called FTB Academy.  The purpose of the pack is to provide an in game quest line with tips and instructions on how to use the included mods.  This pack was originally released several years ago which we played but I noticed the other days there’s an updated version.

So given several people have said during other conversations about wanting to join, I thought this would be a great opportunity for anyone that wants to try it to get involved, learn some mods and hopefully have some fun.  So I’m posting this currently just to gauge interest and if there is, I shall switch the server over to FTB Academy and create an event to start the modpack on Sunday 1 February.

So if you want to join what do you need?

You’ll need an account for Minecraft Java edition (this is different to the Windows 10 or the version on consoles that is/was used for the realm)

Your Minecraft username (this is different to your Gamertag, see FAQ below) which you’ll need to reply to this thread with, or PM it to me, so I can whitelist you on the server.

You’ll need to download and install the FTB Launcher.  Once installed, you’ll need to add the FTB Academy pack.

Launch the game, go to the multiplayer tab and add the FG server.  The name can be anything you want and the IP address is: 62.210.41.17:25414 (NB if you add the server at the moment, it will show an error due to the server running a different modpack)

A quick video on installing the FTB App and installing the modpack.

FAQ

How do I find my Minecraft username?

Your Minecraft username is used in game and in your Microsoft account settings.  Go to www.Minecraft.net and navigate to your profile by using the dropdown box on the top right of your screen.  Select the Minecraft:Java Edition dropdown box and click Profile Name to view your in-game username.

What can I play this on?

Unfortunately as modded Minecraft runs on Java edition it isn’t possible to play on consoles.  As such, play is limited to PC’s only (Windows, Mac or Linux).

What PC Specs do I need to play?

Minecraft primarily relies on CPU and memory to run rather the GPU (graphics card).  Almost any CPU made in the last 5 years, and honestly most in the last 10, combined with at least 8Gb of RAM (16Gb is preferable) should be able to run it.  You can look up the specs of your PC but the easiest way to test it would be load it up and see if it works (Note: running around generating new areas of the world causes the game to lag no matter the spec of your PC).

How do I check what my PC specs are?

If you want to check your specs anyway, on Windows 10 click your start menu, then settings (cog icon), system and then on the bottom of the left column, click ‘About’.  For Mac’s, click on Apple menu, then ‘System settings’, ‘general’ in the sidebar (you may need to scroll down.) Click about on the right and then click System report.  For Linux, I don’t think anyone is using it but I don’t have a clue so www.google.co.uk is your friend.

Can I play with shaders?

Maybe.  Shaders basically change the textures and lighting effects of Minecraft and can have a massive impact on how the game looks but also can have a massive difference to how well it runs too.  However shaders can be funny when it comes to modded blocks so this is definitely a try it and find out as your mileage may vary.  Personally, I stick to no shaders but that’s mostly because I’m too lazy to sort out shaders for each pack we play.

What if I get stuck while playing FTB Academy?

In the original version the in-game guide pretty much covered everything but I haven’t played this version of the pack so don’t know how thorough it is this time around.  If you get stuck, Google is your friend as you can usually find the online wiki for the mod, a video explaining the mod or someone asking the same question (usually on reddit).  I will also be around most of the time to hop on if and when as I think I’ve played through most, if not all, the mods in Academy before.

What if there’s no interest in FTB Academy but I still want to play?

The server has been running for several years now and will continue to do so while periodically changing modpacks.  If there’s no interest in FTB Academy, I’ll switch the server over to a different modpack instead (modpack TBC) which you’re more than welcome to join.

I think this covers everything but any questions or problems, let me know or post them here and I’ll do my best to answer them.

Vault Hunters - A new modpack
Posted

Ok turns out it was actually set to hard but I don’t know why.  I set it back to normal but every server restart it goes back to hard.

I changed it in game, which should change the server too.  But think I’ll have to try changing it in the control panel or manually changing the server properties.

Posted
8 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Thanks @Greboth, I need to get back into a rhythm of playing on the PC and playing in general. I don't think i'm the only one either!

When do you think is best times to get on this one and give it a go? Is there any key and interesting items to know about that we can create in this version of the game?

To be honest whenever you want as you're always whitelisted 🙂 Though if you let me know when you're getting on, I'll probably be able to join in case you have any questions.  Though the beginning of the game is vanilla as you need items from the end to get in to running vaults which you should be familiar with from the realm.

From an actual mod point of view though there's not really anything too interesting as there aren't a lot of mods.  The big thing are the vaults which adds an almost PvE aspect to the game, each one has different modifiers and the room generation is random so you never know what you're going to get.

Posted

Having mostly completed Cuboid Outpost, it's time for a new pack, this time Vault Hunters - A dungeon crawler RPG modpack.  You start off in a vanilla world with very few mods available to you but a few skill points to put in to skills and abilities as you like.  The vanilla game needs to be completed first but once done you can start running vaults - a maze like dungeon full of random rooms, mobs, loot and if you're feeling brave a boss because if you die in a vault, or don't get out before the timer runs out, there's no way to get your items.  Running vaults will allow you to earn and unlock more skills and abilities as well as start to unlock mods.  To run a vault, you need a vault crystal and 4 random items so the more you play the more mods you unlock making life outside the vault easier while the vaults get harder as you level up.

There's a website for the modpack which explains all the skills and abilities you can unlock.

og-img.png
VAULTHUNTERS.GG

Build an amazing base, level up and spend skill points to grow stronger, conquer the vaults and complete the artifact puzzle! - Do you have...

Modpack: Vault Hunters version 1.13.9L (Make sure it is the L, as there's 3 13.9 versions but the L has a couple of important bug fixes)

Server IP address: 62.210.41.17:25414

The server runs a whitelist which I've whitelisted the people who have played before but if you want to access the server and can't, let me know.

As normal, I've pre-generated the world to help with lag, about 1200 blocks (~75 chunks) in each direction from spawn.  I've screenshot the map below in case you want to head off somewhere specific.  I forgot to mark spawn, but it's the orange desert roughly in the middle of the image.

52375162666_b72ff291fa_h.jpg

I was going to note some tips and tricks but someone has already compiled a lot of information, linked below.

s1G4bzgD47lzICf7YsaO5y0hwkc5tOYKranB1Hb5
DOCS.GOOGLE.COM

Vault Hunters - a Guide! Made by Damnsecci, DawnRune, Cheeky43, GreatLakesGirl and Rebs2222. DISCLAIMER; If you would like to use...

@Plumbers Crack @Misneach_ tagging you both so you know I've updated the server.

@Plumbers Crack Dave and I managed to get for a couple of hours last night to start our journey towards survival.

We started out at Outpost 42, a standard outpost with the basics to survive.  Including some basic power, a small amount of digital storage and a couple machines most notably a pulverizer and electric furnace.

52242542808_7864d78d2e_o.png

52241552022_0e2c78c4d9_o.png

We spent out first few days and nights completing the first handful of quest steps; gathering some basic resources and a few drops from mobs.  The world is a barren place with only snow and notsogudiam stone but thankfully the notsogudium can be smelted in to basic ingots allowing us to make some basic armour and tools.  Running the notsogodium chunks we got from mining through the pulverizer not only allows us to double our ingot production it also allows us to get additional silica dust which I'm sure will be useful later.

In hunting some mobs we have had a few small creeper incidents

52242542658_6a7ddc5103_o.png

We thankfully got away with our lives, though myself only narrowly getting back in to the outpost with half a heart of health remaining.  Dave survived the creepers too right up until he uttered his final words "oh look an Enderman" for the death message to appear that Dave was killed by said Enderman.

The left most hole in the snow in the above is our mine where we've been gathering the notsogudium to make our tools and start to expand our machinery to make life at this outpost better.  The outpost is located in a frozen ocean, so I dug down and placed some water so we could gather some squid which I know we'll need shortly.  We had a few basic rations but those went quickly once we started to take damage from mob hunting so the water also allows us to hunt some fish which are our primary source of food currently.

52242542853_8ff179204c_o.png

We have managed to add a little to our oupost though, adding a few furnaces allowing us to smelt more items and with the aid of a couple of hoppers, semi automate the smelting of the mined notsogudium chunks in to ingots.

52241551997_89215ede9a_o.png

This allowed us to collect enough notsogudium to make a singularity that produces infinite quantities of notsogudium chunks.  We've fed this directly in to a chest and in to the pulverizer and furnace combo to automatically produce ingots for us.  Tucked in the corner is also a coal singularity that produces infinite coal.  It takes gathering several hundreds of any resource to make a singularity so it's going to be a while until we singularities for other resources.

52241551962_ddfabf641c_o.png

Due to the collapse of our home planet, we've been left with basically no resources so for now we're limited to the outpost.  But we're working towards brining back organic life and growing our first tree in this barren featureless snow covered world.  Once we have access to wood, our lives should become easier as we get access to apples to eat and wood to extend our outpost.  It also open up our ability to produce more resources as we move from surviving to thriving but that will have to wait until next time.

18 minutes ago, Plumbers Crack said:

White list me please Greeb and I’ll try to be more involved this time 👍

You’re always whitelisted….well except the times I forget when resetting the server but lets gloss over that.

You better get on early then as Matt @Misneach_ will have dug a huge hole, jankily built every machine in said hole and have the pack completed in roughly 27 minutes 😂

We have reached the end of the current modpack so the server will be changing over to a new pack.  As it's a co-operative quest based pack I am posting up and will put an event up for anyone that wants to join at the beginning.  The event will be 20:00 Monday 25 July and the server won't be available until this time.

What modpack is it?

Cuboid Outpost Luxury edition (version 1.1.2) https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/modpacks/cuboid-outpost-le

What’s the story of ‘Cuboid Outpost’?

You’re stranded on a barren planet, life as you know it has come to an abrupt end, and you need to recreate civilization.  There are a few twists and turns along the way of course!

You start off at Cuboid Oupost 42, with minimal supplies but some decent equipment, only to find out that the Science Division at Cuboid Corp have accidently started a chain reaction that very shortly will bring about the total annihilation of your home planet.  Effectively, you’re standard!  Luckily there was just enough time for your supervisor to put together a digital survival guide to help you survive, restart life, and even travel to new dimensions.

What sort of modpack is it?

A beginner to intermediate tech pack with a lot of quests, that are shared and completed co-operatively, for those looking for something not too hard or expert.  The pack features a slightly different start to most packs and has a skyblock like experience without the skyblock.

How to install the modpack?

Unfortunately most modpacks can no longer be download using MultiMC so need to be downloaded through the Curseforge launcher.  The Curseforge launcher though, like MultiMC, does take a lot of the hassle out of modded like installing multiple versions of Minecraft, installing the right version of Forge etc.

Installing packs is reasonably self-explanatory; on the link above click the orange install button which will install the Curseforge launcher.  Once installed, select Minecraft and search for the modpack "Cuboid outpost" and make sure you install the luxury version.  It should take a few minutes to download the pack.  Before launching it, click the settings icon in the bottom left corner, select minecraft from the list on the left and increase the allocated memory to 6Gb (6,144 Mb) at minimum but recommended is 8Gb (8,192Mb).  Hovering over the modpack you should be able to select play, this should open the Minecraft launcher and you need to click the play button in the middle.  Any problems, I'm happy to help or go through it on Discord or even make a video for installing packs.

This is a relatively small modpack but will still take a minute or 2 to load it.

Server details;

IP Address: 62.210.41.17:25414

The server runs a whitelist so if you want to join, let me know your username and I will add you to the whitelist.

Update time 🙂

Matt continues to work on his castle is (currently) the biggest build in the little FG village.

2089559339_MattsHouse.thumb.jpg.4679a0798f79a2824a8159621fa491aa.jpg

Though Mike has started outlining a build on top of the hill next door.  I think he said with the intention of maybe joining it in to Matt's castle which would make it a pretty big build.

415289594_MikesOutline.thumb.jpg.e7ca09896a5db00d5c218c511d998beb.jpg

While the house on the hill which, I think, was built by James and Lee has also gained an extension of a tower.

1825167451_Houseonthehill.thumb.jpg.735f6d6a1db25d824a7d4afccd95e2cd.jpg

Jordie has decided to move a bit closer than his first base so has moored his Dreamboat on the river at the foot of Mike's work in progress

1183755840_JordieBoat.thumb.jpg.26f57f009335740f728d61630336b35a.jpg

The storage room has finally got an outside too, I decided to go with something that leaves no doubt as to what the building is for 😄

2087959589_Storageroom.thumb.jpg.6712174c0e1635897a100297817a8bc1.jpg

And lastly we've also gained a villager trading hall next door to the storage

20013981_TradingHall.thumb.jpg.6fe6ae5f537a2d8e052f43cb931d8abb.jpg

Currently it has 8 prisoners...I mean volunteers in captivity, 4 farmers to trade crops for emeralds one each for wheat, beetroot, potatoes and carrots.  Though they all do melons and pumpkins which is the easiest as they're both can be farmed automatically.  I've done some trading so we're starting to build up a supply of emeralds in the storage room.   The other 4 are enchanted books and the sign above their heads tells you what each sells.  I've also traded with them and left a supply of each book in the chests above their heads.

Each villager has been zombified and cured so should be offering most things at a rate of 1 emerald.  If the figure is higher it's because they've been traded with recently and if you wait a day or 2 in game their prices should come back down.

Trades.thumb.jpg.c28d3b03185ba66c394b263b3cc8bac7.jpg

Currently have trades for;

Mending (armour and tools get repaired as you gain XP)

Impaling 4 (I think there's an impaling 5 but two impaling 4 books can be combined should anyone want this)

Looting 3 (Gives you better / more loot when killing passive or hostile mobs)

Aqua Affinity (goes on your helmet and allows you mine faster under water)

Fire Protection 4 (exactly what it says on the tin, protects you from fire so you take less damage if you're set on fire.  Best combined with Protection, Blast Protection and Projectile Protection but we don't have them yet)

Infinity (goes on your bow and means you only need 1 arrow in your inventory to fire an infinite number of arrows)

On the list still to get;

Unbreaking 3 (tools and armour wear out slower)

Efficiency 5 (tools mine quicker)

Fortune 3 (get more drops when mining ores)

Silk Touch (get the block you mine, stone won't turn in to cobblestone etc. and you can also mine glass and other breakable blocks)

Sharpness (goes on sword or axe and increases damage)

Protection (goes on your armour and does exactly what it says)

Blast Protection (goes on your armour and does exactly what it says)

Projective Protection (goes on your armour and also does what it says)

Feather Falling (you can fall further without losing health or lose less health if you fall a long way)

Respiration (Stay under water longer)

Depth Strider (Move faster in water)

Smite 5 (goes on your sword or axe and does extra damager to undead mobs; zombies, skeletons, drowned, wither skeletons and the wither boss)

Knockback (goes on your sword and maybe your axe but knocks enemies back when you hit them - great for creepers as it can knock them out of exploding range)

Fire Aspect (goes on your weapons and sets mobs on fire when you hit them)

Flame (same as fire aspect above but for your bow)

Power (goes on your bow and increases arrow damage)

By my count that is 21 enchants so with 4 farmers, we will have 25 villagers.  So while I think I've covered the important enchants, we have 7 slots spare if there's any you want that I have missed.  Any spare slots at the end, I'll probably fill with tool/weapon smiths to save us always having use diamonds to make tools and weapons.

Welcome back Anna @craftofboredom  Great to see you back.  It’s annoying when life gets in the way but hope it’s treating you well.

Of course you’re welcome though, once an FG’er always an FG’er.  I assume you’ll be on PC? so you can download the windows 10 version of Minecraft and click the invite link Misneach posted above.

Let us know when you’re hoping on and I’ll give you the tour 🙂 

A small update on the server, the mob farm has been expanded to now also include an iron farm with a small sugar cane farm.  The sugar cane farm probably is a little too small currently so will be expanded in the future if we need it.  The mob/iron/sugar cane farm has been linked through the nether too and the portal can be found at East -7.  I'll be bringing the stuff back for the main storage room but for now all the drops can be found at the farm.

228187057_IronFarm.thumb.jpg.4c5d6d8cc83384e10b61ef871c807391.jpg

On the subject of storage, the storage room above is no more and it has been replaced by a much bigger version.  The new version features 2 double chests for 64 sortable items currently set to iron, gold, redstone, copper etc. and bulk storage of 12 double chests for the common items like cobblestone, stone, andesite, granite etc.  All chests are marked by the block in the floor or ceiling with items that don't have a block form marked with an item frame.  There's still 10 slots not assigned so if you think of anything that isn't assigned, let me know and I can set the filter.  Currently any items that aren't filtered just go to the chests above this room which is accessible using the water column in the middle of the room.

1138188603_Storageroomserver.thumb.jpg.970706a517b68b9aac87abd1e834e3d7.jpg#

Upstairs is a bit bare currently though ultimately will feature overflow storage for the auto-filtered room as well as manually sorted chests for those things we won't have a lot of i.e a redstone chest that will contain comparitors, repeaters, observers, droppers etc. basically stuff linked by a common thread but that we won't have bulk numbers of them.  If there's room too, I'll be adding a super smelter too as as they're always useful.  Giving the size of the building, I'm hoping for a 16 furnace version but we shall see how things pan out.

And yes, the storage room is an eye sore currently as I've built the inside first as that's the practical part.  I know how I shall be decorating the outside but I just need to gather enough blocks first then it will be made pretty......well prettier at least.

You do not have permission to view this content.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy