GT7 Winter FG League

phil bottle

Just testing the waters 🙂

The game has been out a while now and a few more FGers have it. Is it worth setting up a league like we did for GT Sport?

I'm happy to do the schedule etc if we have enough interest.

If we do, also think about what night and when.

Maybe to start in October...

If we did, what day? We started on Tuesday and moved to Thursdays previously. And if we have nonUK drivers it might be best to switch to a weekend...

Anyway, lemme have your thoughts 👊

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I've been warmning people up online about starting in October again so this sounds good to me too @phil bottle 😎 We'e got a few more with the game now but i'd like it if we had some more people in and around it too. @Greboth, whats the chances of bringing across some of the friendly ones at OcUK?

Timing wise we may need to think about either having race nights every other week or at least splitting the day week by week I think as a trial. Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays work well but it will also come against other game nights that could pull a bunch out.

@JBR-Kiwi  @Teenwolf25  @TurboR56Mini  @Capn_Underpants  you all in yeah? Need to get the others from past years too in on the act!

The only lasting thought on top of all this was also some kind of weekly or monthly challenge like a time trial with certain cars perhaps? Just thinking when some can't make the races but want to work towards something together with us all, it could be a nice thing to have running alongside the races?

Forum Signature Test.png

I can post on OCUK to see if anyone wants to join as the more the merrier.

1 hour ago, GazzaGarratt said:

The only lasting thought on top of all this was also some kind of weekly or monthly challenge like a time trial with certain cars perhaps? Just thinking when some can't make the races but want to work towards something together with us all, it could be a nice thing to have running alongside the races?

We could use the in-game time trial for this but post results here to keep track of our times.  In sport mode there’s a time trial that, I think, runs for 2 weeks at a time.  It pays out quite well too and, given it’s a sport mode, you can rent a car so there’s no concerns about someone not having a car/class of car.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

The time trial is a good idea, I like it! I have a crappy time up for the current one I think.

Not sure about fortnightly races but we do need input from all on availability.

If we do 14 races in a season I'd suggest taking everyone's 10 best finishes, so if a race is missed here and there, it's not the end of the world.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

On 9/6/2022 at 5:04 AM, GazzaGarratt said:

you all in yeah? Need to get the others from past years too in on the act

Not sure I can commit @GazzaGarratt I'm balls deep in more regulatory deadlines and travel.

On 9/8/2022 at 6:54 PM, TurboR56Mini said:

Not sure I can commit @GazzaGarratt I'm balls deep in more regulatory deadlines and travel.

Don't look at it as committing to the races every single week. I see it more as if you can come whenever you're around it will be good to see you as we'll have quite alot of drivers on the track to have fun against 👍 I don't anyone that can't commit to every week to then not come at all. We should all try and come whenever we can which will give the best chance of having as close to a full grid on as we can, which is always when its the most fun.

Forum Signature Test.png

Shall we start with Thursdays and see how it goes? 

Would be one league race and a couple of casual races starting at say 8pm uk time.

I can start on the calendar and race schedule. Ideally each week the event details would be ready the Sunday before each race.

Looking at October but again let us have any info from anyone that can't do a Thursday ASAP 

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

17 hours ago, Mikepjbell said:

Shall we aim to start this next week or following week? Let me know if you need help with anything Philly

I'd say first week will be 6 October but could do a practice next Thursday possibly if anyone wants.

I'll stick up the league race calendar next week at some point and then start adding events to the forum 👊

jeffersonclasswar.jpg