Your first ever FPS?

Probably Medal Of Honour on the PS1 back in the late 90's.

Medal Of Honour Underground and Rising Sun were awesome as well. 

But........... it could of been Quake or Half-Life. 

Probably a very similar time frame. 

The real answer is most likely Alien Trilogy on the PS1. It predates all the other candidates I've mentioned imo. 1996. 🙂

Doom 1993 when I played it in 1995 on my old IBM Aptiva. 

From then on it was the usual suspects of Doom II, Final Doom, Heretic, Hexen, Duke Nukem, Quake, Unreal, GoldenEye, Half Life, Unreal Tournament, Quake 3 Arena, Medal of Honour: Allied Assault, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Perfect Dark, Counter Strike, Project IGI, SWAT 3, No One Lives Forever, Kingpin, Battlefield 1942, Call of Duty, Halo etc..

Crazy to think how FPS games evolved within a 10 year period back then and the sheer variety available. Going from Doom to Half Life in just 5 years was nuts although as I was younger, five years felt like an eternity. You also had some iconic first person immersive sims like the ground-breaking Deus Ex and System Shock 2. I still have quite a few of the big boxed PC games in storage although everything after 2001 was DVD cases. 

Last night in game chat I said it was Unreal Tournament 2004, thinking about it after it may well have been Turok on the gamecube. My brother got it for christmas and I'm fairly sure we used to play that together but I can't really remember it. So UT2004 would be the first one I properly got into, we used to have a few custom servers so one where we would fight waves of enemies that got tougher and tougher till you died but we gained xp to buy and upgrade weapons after each round.

Luseth.png

Delta Force: Task Force Dagger on the PC! I also had the cardboard insert that you could put over your keyboard to help know what keys were which, so cool back then 😄

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

49 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Delta Force: Task Force Dagger on the PC! I also had the cardboard insert that you could put over your keyboard to help know what keys were which, so cool back then 😄

I remember that! Delta Force was the first MP game I ever experienced, I think. 

Could be wrong though, that was 10 years of gaming which was so full of blurry lines in my heads it's all just mush.

Forgot about Unreal Tournament too, absolutely loved that game.

M-M-M-MONSTER KILLLLLL!!!!

banlol.png

2 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I forgot about Delta Force which is kinda dumb as I've been following the upcoming new game just this week🤣

Another one is Operation Flashpoint which eventually would become Arma. 

I said Goldeneye on the N64 in chat the other night but DOOM is probably my earliest FPS.  Though both were played on other peoples computers / consoles.  I think my first FPS was probably Battlefield 1942 as I can't think of any earlier than that.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

8 minutes ago, crippled_viper said:

Yup. The OG!

Yah, I was working for ATI at the time and playing games on the Graphic cards that I designed was part of the job description.  I remember us doing all sorts of stuff to get it to work on the MACH32 

That really makes me feel old