Bicycle update - DayZ
Posted
On 6/23/2023 at 7:37 PM, phil bottle said:

Is it sad this makes me happy? 😁

American Housewife No GIF by ABC Network

Would love to see these in game. How often do the bike tyres spawn? And have they already confirmed if there is a bicycle tyre kit available in case you get a puncture?

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

DayZ - 1.21
Posted

Chained armour looks nice, especially stopping bleeding from knife cuts happening! I wonder what happens from Zombies though? I can see the Crossbow being sought after because you can get your ammo back essentially wherever you shoot it.

Smaller, more regular updates I do think is the worthwhile. If we do play it here at FG, we'll have to be mindful a full wipe is needed when the Northwest Airfield is redone. I did expect more personally, especially since it feels like Character Cosmetics is a strong thing they want to push which doesn't excite me at all tbh.

I think if they could create some form of World War Z horde feeling at some point with the AI, it could be very interested.

Happy to jump in and see if it feels any different soon if others are feeling it?

And sorry @phil bottle, no bicycles still 😅😔

First update to DayZ in 2023 is a stability update with not massively new bits but tons of bug fixes the DayZ team have said. A small promotional video and some words to touch on what they'll be focused on for 2023 below:

Greetings, Survivors!

We’re releasing our first update of 2023 today! Say hello to update 1.20! We’ve already started gearing up for a full year of DayZ support, and felt it would be wise to spend a bit of time tackling various issues and addressing all the feedback we received during our very busy developmental phase last year.

You might find update 1.20 lacking in the content department, but it certainly makes up for that with a wide variety of fixes and changes. There are far too many to mention them all here, but some of our favorites include more vehicle fixes, a resolved ADS bug, connectivity indicators, and improvements to the third-person camera. If you’d like to learn more about everything update 1.20 brings to the table, head on over to our official forums and check out the change notes (PC, Consoles).

While we’re very happy to kick off the year with update 1.20, we’d also like to discuss what’s in store for the rest of 2023. As we teased in a recent live stream, this year is going to be a little bit different. One thing we’d like to clarify is that we will definitely be supporting the game throughout 2023. The content of future updates, however, will be a lot more dynamic in nature, and won’t always deliver the usual template of “gun, feature, bug fix”. The reason for this is because we plan on expanding our focus regarding the possibilities of the DayZ game, brand, and team itself. We can’t offer too many details at the moment, but the following are a few of the areas we’ve begun to look into as possible additions to future updates.

Character cosmetics will play a huge role in every update this year. We’d like to grow what is already a massive collection by increasing the variety of loot to be found and offering even more amazing clothes to wear. Don’t expect us to follow other popular games with an abundant amount of pink skins. Think backpacks and survival themes and outfits that exemplify the DayZ brand.

Another element we intend to update later this year is the iconic northwest airfield (NWAF) on Chernarus. Our primary focus will be to simplify the airfield’s layout and make the runway and taxiways more authentic. Obviously a change to this location is a substantial project and will require synchronization with a total server wipe.

We also plan on focusing more on infected AI this year. We’d like to change the way they move through the environment, as well as how you battle them. There are a number of factors regarding this subject that require further investigation, so we can’t share much more info with you at present. But suffice it to say that the changes we’re considering have great potential to change the PvE aspect of the game for the better.

Following last year’s addition of Steam achievements in update 1.18, we’ve spent some time thinking about how we can expand the selection of available trophies/achievements. We’ve got a few ideas up our sleeves and will be offering additional challenges later this year for all you completists out there.

This year will be less about firearms as we feel there is generally a good variety present and we would rather invest our resources into other features. We would also like to give more attention to some quality of life changes, similar to what we did in the 1.20 update. Furthermore, we will continue the trend of offering more tools to server owners, with our primary focus oriented towards console communities and the ability to manage their server.

That’s pretty much it for now. We’re really looking forward to another year of great adventures and hope you’ll continue to enjoy them with us!

On behalf of the DayZ team,

Adam

What do you reckon to the news?

DayZ - 1.19
Posted

Finally got back on. Enjoyed running in for the most part....and then somehow I got an infection. FUCK! Tried my best to keep running so far through the woods to get up to Carl @TurboR56Mini  as he had some tetro...dffdkcjvbugvchjbsdsddsk pills or whatever you call them, but La @RenFengge advised me that if you have it too long Stage 2 kicks in and then i'm on the slow path to no way back. However, I thought I lucked out as I was going to Gorka and stumbled upon a Hospital! What are the chances, eh? But then what are the chances of the Hospital having any tetro...,sdfhdfuhdciudhcbcy pills? Charcoal tablets galore, surgical gloves and a way to get my blood out if i wanted....but no tetro....you get the jist.

I opened the door and Zimbies were right outside, so trying to battle through so I could start my pessimistic run to Carl, I got battered and knocked out. Waking up in a daze, with pretty much no health, I thought I would try one last attempt to get healthy...by removing a bag of my own blood, combining with an IV kit, and then giving myself a transfusion back into myself. Yes, I am that stupid, but hoped it would glitch out my stupid infection. Alas, it did not. I was dead.

2nd life rolling, I got a great spawn up on the East Coast so felt good thinking I could meet Carl soon. I thought I would go to the first town to get supplies before heading off. Berezino didn't have much and I just needed abit more food before Zombies approached my area. Next thing I knew my pipe wasn't hitting them hard enough and after playing the Crystal Maze with 4 Zombies over fences and around Greenhouses, they cut me. Problem was my bandage was all used up, no type of knife to cut some rags, so.....I was dead.

I really have a problem playing this game. 😅 Will see what the next day brings. Hopefully some extra life and no ruined Apples and Pears.....

On 7/8/2022 at 9:35 PM, ChaosGladiator said:

Well, I have the video, don’t hate me too much 😂😂

Well well, look who's going to be the cunt of cuntsville.....memory banked, reviewing possible avengeful actions.....

19 hours ago, TheMuggySpud said:

So not really story time but a quick summary.

I was the only one at base back when the server just started and was waiting for Tad to finish his long long journey from the southern coast. He had finally reached close enough to be in my line of sight.........

OMG 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

That killed me watching it too!!

Afternoon all! A new story thread for us to keep everyone updated on all of our escapades and laughs along the way.

Finally managed to get onto the DayZ PS4 server on Sunday and it was a nice surprise to see so many of us on it at the same time checking it out @ChaosGladiator  @jordie1892  @Nutcuttlit  @Luseth . I started my spawn in Novyshovo, or whatever its called. The furthest South West on the main land I believe. Sebba started to make his way to me, but within a few houses I felt pretty good finding some half decent loot, a full police outfit that always looks cool and is well insulated, and a couple of sharp things to bop Zombies - a Scythe being the one I ended up using first!

For once, I felt confidently that I could meet Sebba at Msta, slightly North of my current destination. Probably should've waited for the truck, but anyhow, as I made my way I got caught up in a few Zombie fights. Luckily only got cut once and managed to find Seb's mahoosive truck which we then took to a solid car to swap materials and help go get Jordie considering the biggest vehicle in the game couldn't fit more than 2 people in it - FML 😅

After collecting Jordie and then Matt, we made our way to check out what the vendor looked like as Nutty was coming from the opposite side of the island at the same time. We got there and it was a like a gold mine! Anything you could need is in there. I think I like @jordie1892 's thoughts that we keep this locked down, and only really use it much later if it gets a successful turn out with FGers and also randomers. It made me really want to get going into the North West Airfield for more loot and kicking some zombies ass!

However....

It had been raining - tons - since we left Electra where Jordie was, so we needed to get warm and dry our clothes. I rung my top out but saw Jordie next to the barrel fire and doing it that way. Seemed to make sense. I could just stand there and over time i'll get dry. Or so I thought. I stood close to it for a minute and then walked around for a moment but was still wet, so back to the barrel I went. Next thing I knew though, my screen went black. I thought the server needed a reset and we all got kicked off....until Jordie and Matt are laughing their tits off as i'm, apparently, on the floor, knocked out with my foot now dangled in the barrel.

I have literally no idea what is going on. Everyone is laughing at my still body and i'm looking at a continued black screen. They start pouring water over me, jabbing me with meds, but no response. I start seeing a faint light but falling unconscious again. Next thing I know talk about my clothes and handcuffs comes out. This was what I couldn't see...

Lee's DayZ Pants.jpeg

I have to say, I'm just glad my videogame self was packing below, because clearly I was tied up, half naked and somehow losing life whilst lolz continued. No idea how this happened. Must've been getting too hot close to the fire but couldn't work it out. After 5 minutes, the server did restart, but I was then found back at the coast, so it clearly killed my half naked body through my left foot burning.

I still had time to race into the nearest town, drink some water from a bottle, get sick, and then cut myself so much from Zombie fighting with said water bottle and died a second time. I'm now back in a coastal town, on top of a freight with zombies around me - again.

Good, solid first day of Survival on the server with FG as per usual! 😅

Thanks for all the efforts early doors @Nutcuttlit  to help us get this one up and running.

I'd suggest the first few weeks are for testing out what works well and what fun things people would like on the server. As we spoke online last night, I agree with you when you mentioned to try and make it inviting as possible so if working cars help straight off the bat then lets try it out and see what happens.

The KOS zones and map is a difficult one because newer people wanting to try it out probably won't have much concept of it. Even if you've played it for abit (like me on PC), you don't really take in the map much and as the game doesn't recognise each zone indicated itself it may be hard to implement. KOS is probably the way to go in most instances, because its just difficult to moderate if the game doesn't tell you where you're at. Btw, i'm completely open on how we do this! 😄 The main thing of it all is to have fun, so any opinions are welcome on this one!

Hi all! As luck would have it, to go along our many increasing server list for PC games, it was about time to go and set one up for a PS4 game so many of you FGers have somewhere to share on console too! 😄 

You'll find a current Vanilla DayZ server on the console version available if you search 'Forever Gaming DayZ PS4'. Its initially set up for 3 months and we'll keep it going if everyone is enjoying it.

Obviously be good to get some interest below and if you want any requests put them here now so we can work out what would be good for everyone to have in the server.

No password for now, completely open to all. We'll work out a few basic guidelines so at least no one takes the pee out of it all!

Let us know if you fancy getting on as i'm sure there's a few resident DayZ console players itching to get in those woods! 👀

FG Server _ mods and name
Posted

I'd appreciate it if we have the full name of Forever Gaming on it. We could think of a few cool names and put up a poll maybe? I'm easy.

I'll take a look at the mods today and put up my thoughts. Straight off the bat which would be awesome and a must have based on our last one would be:

• Auto Run
  • Map with live GPS location
  • Loot Crates
  • Aircraft and more Cars
11 hours ago, phil bottle said:

The server is open to random players but I'll look to put a message on saying that Kill On Sight (KOS) is not allowed and kickable...

If we want to kill on sight then I can only suggest randomers can do the same too. I think if we make it more of a buzz, we'll get more people on it for sure. We could ask at least them to do an intro here so we know who they are as well.

I defo think we need to explore more and get to grips with a few bits and pieces before modding this. Its nice to know there's been randomers already on the server too. It really adds to the suspense of everything.

A tiring way back from where I met Crispy on the way North West to the current camp in Stary Sobor. Clearly even with the complass it was hard to work out where I was. So much so that I ended up getting battered by a few Zombies, passing out and having to take my own shirt off to just make some rags to stop the bleeding. Freezing much, yessssss. 😅

I ended up going so far that I worked out finally I was at the Airtfield above Stary 🙈. @phil bottle had to keep shooting random shots when i got near Kabanino so I knew where he was. No food or water left, blood on empty after another battering from Zombies. It took me best part of an hour to stop fainting and get into the town. Somehow i miraculously stayed alive and got my blood back up to yellow (half-full). Mental game just to get back where I was before the massacre that we didn't survive the other day 😅Lovely.

Really want to get into some base building again. And then finding some car parts if we can.

Let's give you a small update story on how when Carl @TurboR56Mini  joins the server, @crispymorgan  jumps in and out and causes havoc in the process....

So, Carl needs to get where our little camp is for the interim period before we go off and find a better place to defend and call Home. After 5 minutes of walking around, Carl finds a place on the map where he is - Way East of Stary Sobor but thats okay. @phil bottle and myself start making our way to help get him and bring him back, with our food and drink supplies, it should be a piece of cake (Like Sponge cake, the easiest to make).

At this moment, Crispy logs on. "I'll help, where are you guys?". We're half way there but we stop around in a small village, about 2 mins away from Carl. We loot a few things and grab basic stuff. Phil goes to hide in a building, whilst i'm just checking the map to see how far we've gotta go.

BANG, BANG!

Crispy has arrived. Now I haven't got using a gun yet on the server. I take very much the Sledgehammer approach. Its a very therapeutic way of relieving stress with Zombies. Now before Crispy finishing saying, "yeah if we go that way", Zombies start to flow. Nay, they thunder towards us. Cripsy bags himself straight into the building on the street. "Uh, lets get ourselves inside for a second". Okay. But first Ihave to get over a small wall to the building. By that time Crispy has made his way inside - and closed the door.

Now, at this moment. I start panicking slightly. No deaths on the server yet, decent loot on me, tons of stuff for Carl too (a fancy Police Cap was going to be my first present for him). I race to the door - "Let me in, mate!", as a Zombie starts to munch on my shoulder. "Just get in!", "I'm TRYING!!". Now, i'm clearly pressing D instead of F because mild panic sets in with blood on my screen. When I then start pressing F, it doesn't open. Unbeknown to me, Crisoy tries to open the door at the same time resulting in Door staying firmly closed. One last time I press F, the Door finally opens....

BANG BANG BANG BANG!

This screen follows:

image.png

Somehow Crispy forgot that Doors can't be opened by Zombies and thought my pale looking survival body with a Green Helmet on looked like I wanted to eat him. In the space 0.134 seconds too. Its the thought that counts though, as Crispy then proceeds to try and say that "you look revivable, hang on". But, alas, my screen stays on that screen above. Funny that.

Lessons learned.

1. Never let Crispy out of your sight.

2. Never let him come on a road trip.

On 4/30/2022 at 12:22 PM, TurboR56Mini said:

When are you guys usually logging on? I've been stuck in NMS as I forgot how much fun the base building is. 

I'll be logging on today. Home routine has been a nightmare with the daughter's footy carrying on for like, forever. Be prepared to use your two screens continually to find out where you are 😅 Also, if you can find a compass, keep it! Really need one to help us get round a bit more without worrying about getting completely lost.

@crispymorgan , nice work on the cow. I miss that BBQ too! I'm thinking of making a few walls later, just to see how that works again.

First night in on Tuesday for the FG DayZ server and it was great. Felt real good getting back into the baron wasteland and checking over places. Now one thing that seemed to be better feeling this time out on a Vanilla server game is that I didn't feel wholly lost even though our only server we've been on here in recent years was with a GPS and auto-run enabled. Using DayZ izurvive map, it took me a while but I could manage to find where I was going and by the end of the night, meet up with Phil and where the current makeshift base is.

I think a few other randomers jumped on which was cool to know as thats what helps give DayZ that extra edge being a survival PvEvP map. The harshness also seems to be slightly better this time out but not too easy so it doesn't remove anything from the game. Playing DayZ on console Vanilla version just felt incredibly painful but this one feels like its testing, challenging but rewarding. I really need to watch a video for what we can build now. I loved our last build in a deep forest where we had constant wolves for danger/food purposes.

Clearly, Cargo drops aren't a thing in Vanilla DayZ so we'll need to understand where we can find tents and more shelters. I think might start making a simplistic box base for now though. Even the makeshift leaves and twigs as a tent look really cool.

Highlight was defo hearing Didds get eaten by Wolves 🤣 I think the rain was annoying AF just before we logged off as everytime we kept coming out of our hut, dried our clothes next to a fire, it would start raining again! It was just like England! GGs @phil bottle, @crispymorgan  and @Diddums.

I can feel we can make a real go of this server and also invite new people to it so we can see how we get on. Lets share pics where we can too.

@BO7H B4RRELS , I'm sorry buty you won't have a choice to not be available to be on this FG server. Its in the ten commandments, mate. I've read them so just take my word for it 😎

Thanks @phil bottle for looking into this for us. I'm super hyped to get back into DayZ after our escapades last time out. Made a huge base which took ages and we were definitely in the swing of things for a while.

GTX seems a good start as that's where our other ones are.

I agree with Vanilla too. I think if we end up having mods too early we then struggle to update servers and game saves, etc. We'll have to see who is up for it too. I definitely think we can grab some ol' regulars too like @Dylanimo16

You do not have permission to view this content.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy