GTA 6 - Trailer 1

Its been dropped early because it seems to have been leaked already...so here you go!

Thoughts?

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

I was hoping it would've been next year, but damn, does it look good. 

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*

Real shame it wasn’t released as planned tomorrow but at least I don’t have to worry about finding a quiet 5 minutes at work! It would’ve been one hell of a global spectacle and many will go about their day tomorrow not knowing that’s it’s been out for 12+ hours already🤣

Trailer looks amazing and Rockstar never fail not to impress with their once in a generation games. Gutted it’s not 2024 and it could still be two years away but it will be worth the wait.

I watched this last night, there are good signs in there but I dont think it gives too much away it just sort of sets the scene, it tells us it is in Vice City and that there are going to be 2 characters this time (seemingly a couple by what we can see and by the choice of song) and I suppose the drive down the street suggests a more populated city? The croc and flamingos suggest animals so maybe slightly more side things to do i.e. fishing & hunting maybe?

I mean it doesn't change my excitement for the next GTA but I was hoping / expecting with this trailer for it to be announcing a release next year so if anything that was disappointing!

It looks a visual step up and I did quite like the choise of music.

Luseth.png

9 hours ago, Riff Machine said:

I was hoping it would've been next year, but damn, does it look good. 

By the leaked information and report to investors it should be Q1 2025 so a year and a bit rather than 2 years.  Still, plenty of time for it to ge delayed yet.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

19 minutes ago, LordBaguette said:

Will be 2026 after 2-3 delays 

I suspect that might be why they have just said 2025 at this point, they may want to release early in the year but know that the last game was delayed about 5 months and it could easily be a repeat.

Luseth.png

I've seen some Bonnie&Clyde, True Romance type comparisons. Looking forward to finding out more but yep, does whet the appetite.

2025 Q1 seems about right but yes, a polished and finished game on release would be appreciated and buck the recent trend...

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Ever since San Andreas or Liberty City, I just feel like these games have got 'too big'...does that make sense? Obviously some of them in the past have just had poor story lines etc but for me GTA5 was just fucking massive and I really struggled to follow the story line of the three characters. Like is it a sandbox or not etc. They always make a good game to be fair but for me I just can't get behind the hype anymore because it just feels like the game has to be huge with lots of complicated mechanics now to warrant the dev time. 

I'm an old man, I like my old fashioned top down original GTA where the most pressing thing I had to do in a game was run over the Hari Krishna's at the start of each level 😀

signatures small.jpg

I kind of get what you mean @Middle Class Caveman, the open world is incredible large, and in fairness, requested by public demand. I think that works fantastically well for GTA Online. Campaign wise I kind of got bored after a few missions and wanted to go off-piste with mates. The Heists they created in GTA5 were class and hope more of that formula will exist moving forward. Lets hope Online mode will be released at launch and not just the campaign in Q1 2025.

23 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I kind of get what you mean @Middle Class Caveman, the open world is incredible large, and in fairness, requested by public demand. I think that works fantastically well for GTA Online. Campaign wise I kind of got bored after a few missions and wanted to go off-piste with mates. The Heists they created in GTA5 were class and hope more of that formula will exist moving forward. Lets hope Online mode will be released at launch and not just the campaign in Q1 2025.

I also understand what Elliot says, for me the best is still vice city stories for both size and campaign. I think as you say the map has to be huge to facilitate online and as far as I'm concerned they could dump online in the bin. Only really use it for our races.

On 12/29/2023 at 3:21 PM, techno said:

I also understand what Elliot says, for me the best is still vice city stories for both size and campaign. I think as you say the map has to be huge to facilitate online and as far as I'm concerned they could dump online in the bin. Only really use it for our races.

100% agree!

signatures small.jpg

I think we all agree on that then @techno and @Middle Class Caveman, but we're only a few people that play a specific part online whereas they'll be many people out there that would say scrap the campaign and just have GTA Online part, given how huge it is.

I would love to see some or all of the campaign drift into the Online side. We have heists, which work extremely well. I can't see why they can't do exclusive private Online sessions for the campaign missions they want to lock down for you when they don't want you to have help on it.