Season 2 Delayed

J4MES OX4D

Rumours confirmed and it’ll drop on Feb 15th. Sounds like it’s panic stations with the sharp player decline this year and content creator revolt so they better issue some serious content instead of drip-fed crap plus some sweeping changes are needed with Warzone 2 because that is in a diabolical state. 

Modern-Warfare-2-Season-2.jpg
WWW.DEXERTO.COM

Activision confirmed the rumors making their rounds, announcing a delay for Modern Warfare 2 and Warzone 2...

Maybe they've realised that their un-needed changes were a bad thing and they've made some serious changes? Such as getting rid of the shit Perk system and giving us a traditional one again. That would be a good start. But then IW seem extremely stubborn and generally refuse to change anything even if there is a huge backlash from the community.

We also need a load of new 6v6 maps. The amount we have now is pitiful. They need to give us 4/5 in season 2.

fart.gif

27 minutes ago, MrBiron said:

Maybe they've realised that their un-needed changes were a bad thing and they've made some serious changes? Such as getting rid of the shit Perk system and giving us a traditional one again. That would be a good start. But then IW seem extremely stubborn and generally refuse to change anything even if there is a huge backlash from the community.

We also need a load of new 6v6 maps. The amount we have now is pitiful. They need to give us 4/5 in season 2.

The perk system is set in stone I'm afraid, no way they would touch this because it's held with so much internal pride. We'll end up with one small multiplayer map and that it'll be it I bet, at least for the first 3/4 weeks. Most of their attention will be on saving Warzone I reckon.  Really sounds like they are just winging it and making it up as they go along whereas other games like Fornite and Apex have a clear forward strategy which is why they aren't desperately scrambling to keep their games off life support. 3k devs, years of experience and feedback and we always end up having a battle just to get the game back to square one every bloody year.  If they don't sort this out then they will have a really struggle trying to sell Sledgehammer's premium MW2 expansion this year.

4 hours ago, MrBiron said:

I don't think the map rotation is too bad even though I would agree we need more maps - and they've said they're bringing them. Just probably nearer to 3 maps than 5 imo as you don't just dump a load of maps in overnight. In some ways, having 5 maps to get used to straight away is always difficult so there is an advantage for them to be released over time. I think sometimes it depends on what people are selecting to play in their playlists. We've been having Hardpoint, Domination, Kill Confirmed, Prisoner Rescue and Knockout all in the rotation which definitely helps you rotate the maps more often than maybe just playing Dom on its own.

Found this info above which helps to understand a little more. Gunfight is definitely fun with 2 or 3 of you depending on the rotation, Gun Game is badly needed for Private Matches, I'll take a new Castle Map and then hope that they'll be more released outside of this. As said in a separate thread, I would expect 2 old maps returning based on the large Warzone map info we already know about and I certainly think they'll get hit with negative feedback if its just the one map as above tweet.

tl;dr - Its not all bad as more decent content is coming. Slight disappointment we have to wait nearly 4 weeks to see what it actually is.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

@GazzaGarrattcastle is an old map. 

Having 5 maps to get used to is difficult? Why ? Is it a hard choice on which map to play? 

3 years, the pitiful content dribble is already done @J4MES OX4D is probably right this will likely be a warzone rethink. 

Oh and the map rotation sucks in quickplay 😁

Infinity ward no excuse you're shits late.

Just now, techno said:

@GazzaGarrattcastle is an old map.

Oh poop. Looks like just me then that can't remember that one (I don't remember many tbh until I play them!)

1 minute ago, techno said:

Having 5 maps to get used to is difficult? Why ? Is it a hard choice on which map to play? 

Learning maps is something that most games don't drop on you all of a sudden. Not saying its not acceptable...but I understand it by putting myself in their shoes. Maybe its just me though.

17 minutes ago, techno said:

3 years, the pitiful content dribble is already done @J4MES OX4D is probably right this will likely be a warzone rethink. 

Hang on, it came out in November right? And 3 years is actually a small development cycle. Don't deny they have many devs but i'd love to know how many actually work on the game as i'm not sure its 3000.

18 minutes ago, techno said:

Oh and the map rotation sucks in quickplay 😁

I was close to quoting an old phrase ppl used to use back in the day 🤣🤣 Agree to disagree on this. People have now even changed their tune about Taraq (not me, but most FGers really like it now).

@GazzaGarrattit came out in November and if it would have had the decent amount of content...oh wait wrong thread.

3 years is longer than they used to get and 3000 Devs was their boast and is all over social media etc. Maybe 2000 on sbmm or whatever it's called and 900 on the shop bundles. However the seasons and road map and timing is on them and it's late and imo pitiful. 

As we said before if we all agreed life would be more boring. 

I guess we wait and see what actually changes are made in a few weeks.

Castle will be new to me as I didn't play the games it dropped in😁

My tl;dr initially said it is disappointing to wait another 4 weeks to hear what's incoming so I think I'm slightly with you on the wait for new content. I've never seen the dev boast but if they did (i won't doubt you), that seems so strange to do so as its clearly not 3000 gameplay devs working on it.

Roadmaps seem to be the thing that everyone wants but in games and everyday working environments, we seem to not be able to get them unfortunately. Usually my experience is that the roadmap promises stuff and then other things happen or become more important whilst we wait for the later roadmap things. I get it, its damned if they do, damned if they don't but I would agree that some form of roadmap is actually nice to see...maybe with some confidence levels alongside each thing to help manage expectations.

15 minutes ago, techno said:

Castle will be new to me as I didn't play the games it dropped in😁

🤣🤣🤣 In a month's time we'll be loving every minute then! 🤣😄 I just hope they can add One in the Chamber to Private Games. It will certainly mean we'll play this game on an FG Friday a whole lot more.

3 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I don't think the map rotation is too bad even though I would agree we need more maps - and they've said they're bringing them. Just probably nearer to 3 maps than 5 imo as you don't just dump a load of maps in overnight. In some ways, having 5 maps to get used to straight away is always difficult so there is an advantage for them to be released over time. 

We used to get 4 maps every 3 months through the paid expansions and it helped keep the games fresh and people interested. Everyone is in the same boat when new maps release and it's more exciting to experience a wealth of new content in one go than it is difficult to adjust to the amount given. Everyone got into MW2 perfectly well in no time with several original maps and now they are used of the mechanics, learning new content is easy especially if its just rehashed crap. It would give the game a huge boost for the time being.  As it stands, this game will still have less deathmatch content come July than what we got in MW2 of 2009. This game will likely have less content in year one than Vanguard had on day one at this rate.

Even Gun Game and Gunfight are old modes and the latter actually detracts away from 6v6 content because it needs its own pool of maps to support the tiny playerbase that participate in it. A game like this really only needs a skeleton crew for post-launch support (25-75 employees) but because they've done such a terrible job with core content, they are back to working towards square one and as we see in every COD cycle, it detracts from future titles such as the inevitable MW3 sequel here. They don't even have the excuse that they are working on the new premium DLC this year either. 

2 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Hang on, it came out in November right? And 3 years is actually a small development cycle. Don't deny they have many devs but i'd love to know how many actually work on the game as i'm not sure its 3000.

3 years is huge for COD and the original Black Ops was actually completed in around 14 months.  They have 3000 staff available across IW, Raven, Treyarch, SHG and the external contractors which is an insane amount of resources to pull a package like this off even with 3 components. Infinity Ward themselves have access to over 400 full time employees and seeing that they were only responsible for the campaign and multiplayer, to give us less than 10 maps at launch in 3 years is an absolute embarrassment. Funny how none of their bundles or monetised content gets delayed or neglected. If we had paid map packs like we used to, there would be an incentive and obligation for the developers to deliver but without this, they don't need to bother. 

There is absolutely no defending them in this instance - this is a highly experienced studio of a very longstanding brand with a ludicrous amount of financial and personnel resources at hand yet not only have they failed to deliver a decent amount of content at launch, they've also failed to deliver a convincing future content plan and will instead be busy 'fixing' their game despite having years of experience and community feedback on record. 

It does feel like a long time with the content. The game was released early this year. 

We had a pre season, then a current Season 1 that feels like eternity till it's done. 

It only had 2 weeks left till season 2, then I checked it the other day and it's 30 days. 

I've reached max rank and done the battle pass ages ago. 

Because of the season delays I reckon we will only get 5 seasons rather than the promised 6.

It happened with Vanguard as well. 

Both "new" maps are old maps so far. 

Don't get me wrong I love a bit of Shipment and Shoothouse for my camo grinding. 

It's the same cycle as MW19. 

No new maps for ages and a small pool of launch maps, then they added Shoothouse and Shipment. 

Eventually they added Vacant and Crash. A couple of classic done to death Cod4 maps. 

Where is all the Terminals and High rises at? 

They are probably saving the big boy maps for the Premium content MW2 expansion part 2. 

Wallets at the ready. 

As people have said before, you get various bug/glitches within a game that don't get sorted for months. 

Whereas the shop stops working for 2hrs and it's fixed immediately without any hassle. 

Which Castle is this we are getting? 

Is it the "Castle" from Vanguard we got in the last offering less than 12 months ago? 

Aka Courtyard from World At War? 

I can barely contain myself due to the upcoming excitement of a fresh "new" map content. 

Although some of this post sounds salty, I'm not really. More sarcastic than anything. 

I've played all the recent Cods, I don't ever expect too much. The business model they are running is highly predictable and heavily marinated in a thick Sbmm sauce. 

Yes a gravy of disappointment and annoyance. 

13 hours ago, IRaMPaGe said:

2 months this time? What did you do this time Dids? 

Just being Diddums ofc 🤦‍♂️ He'll be back as per usual. It helps him play his neglected PC though for a bit now.

Hardcore is back for Season 2

The only think I can think of by releasing it later than Tier 1, was to allow Tier 1 to have a chance at a bigger playerbase to see what the reaction was. Based on this news, I reckon Tier 1 won't be supported for much longer.

You must be slightly smiling now @techno 😅🤣

31 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

The only think I can think of by releasing it later than Tier 1, was to allow Tier 1 to have a chance at a bigger playerbase to see what the reaction was. Based on this news, I reckon Tier 1 won't be supported for much longer.

Tier 1 was a re-brand of Hardcore essentially and a needless one at that. It will likely be taken out of the game and replaced by the traditional one which should've been the case from day one when the game launched. I don't know what the devs were thinking with this - another pointless change on something that didn't need it and now they are back to square one with it. At least they've listened and hopefully this will extend to the perk system too. 

1 hour ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Hardcore is back for Season 2

You must be slightly smiling now @techno 😅🤣

Sarcasm. 👍 

On 1/23/2023 at 2:18 PM, J4MES OX4D said:

Tier 1 was a re-brand of Hardcore essentially and a needless one at that. It will likely be taken out of the game and replaced by the traditional one which should've been the case from day one when the game launched. I don't know what the devs were thinking with this - another pointless change on something that didn't need it and now they are back to square one with it. At least they've listened and hopefully this will extend to the perk system too. 

So if I've got this correct, they shouldn't be bringing back old content but how dare they make changes to a game mode instead of bringing back a carbon copy of the old mode?

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

26 minutes ago, Greboth said:

So if I've got this correct, they shouldn't be bringing back old content but how dare they make changes to a game mode instead of bringing back a carbon copy of the old mode?

There is a huge difference in bringing back old map content they have reused countless times before on a game that is absolutely starved of it, than delivering an inferior and pointless alternate to a staple mode with changes that detract from its very definition. In both cases, it’s bad for the community so I’m really not sure why or where you are drumming up this argument? Doesn’t make sense.

That’s like them replacing kill confirmed with the same mode renamed, except that it doesn’t have denies as part of its format. It would be completely illogical and a step back with a needless change. It was a valid complaint in this instance in which IW have fully agreed with the community. This move should also not detract from completely different aspects of the game needing improvements and content too. 

3 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

There is a huge difference in bringing back old map content they have reused countless times before on a game that is absolutely starved of it, than delivering an inferior and pointless alternate to a staple mode with changes that detract from its very definition. In both cases, it’s bad for the community so I’m really not sure why or where you are drumming up this argument? Doesn’t make sense.

Because you’re basically saying they shouldn’t have made any changes so have brought Hardcore back without any changes then moaning about them bring back an old map.  Both gamemodes and maps are content and re-using either is re-using content.  Just because, I assume, you liked Hardcore and don’t like Tier 1 doesn’t make it any less hypocritical to moan about one and not the other.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

17 hours ago, Greboth said:

That's like saying they should have made some changes to TeDiuM or just removed it completely.

There was no need to remove HC from the game. It's got a solid player base. And they managed to lose some of those players by removing it.

fart.gif

Like I said before, I think sometimes we are sitting only on one side of the fence and thinking 'they just held it back so they could deliver it as new content' which I don't think is exactly true. Sometimes we have to at least try and put ourselves in other people's shoes to try and understand decisions and thought processes (crazy, I know, thinking of others rather than ourselves). My logical reasoning would be that they created a brand new gamemode Tier 1, and needed to test it in the water with a large playerbase. They knew that if it went out straight off the bat against Hardcore mode, most people would go to their comfort zone and ignore Tier 1. This is literally one of the main reasons loads of games have rotational playlists so all content is being played at some point which gives them valuable feedback in what players like and dislike - they can then pull it out and rework it where possible or even just leave it out if players hate it that much.

Now they have the unanimous feedback so far on Tier 1 that it hasn't quite worked, we're now seeing HC back. I'm cool with that and don't be surprised if Tier 1 gets a little rework in the future because its something new and they now have some feedback on the mode from more constructive players rather than the large majority moaning about just wanted HC back. I don't think they've done a fanfare about HC returning. They haven't said 'New mode incoming which is HC!'. The tweet above just says, HC is back and thats it.