Season 2 Delayed

J4MES OX4D

14 hours ago, Greboth said:

Because you’re basically saying they shouldn’t have made any changes so have brought Hardcore back without any changes then moaning about them bring back an old map.  Both gamemodes and maps are content and re-using either is re-using content.  Just because, I assume, you liked Hardcore and don’t like Tier 1 doesn’t make it any less hypocritical to moan about one and not the other.

No, the overwhelming majority of the community including me are saying they don't want Hardcore in its current form (which IW accepts) and we are also not very tolerant of being issued with old rehashed maps on top of being starved of original content for our £60 purchase especially when compared to older titles and even Vanguard last year. You can't cherrypick two unrelated instances to form some sort of argument like this. 

Staple game modes dictate the framework of the game and is expected by the community as a minimum. Hardcore has a huge community and its own skillset and their Tier 1 interation was an needless and illogical change of a proven formula. This change is crucial to the game's sustainability going forward as is new original map content to bolster retention. 

Imagine if they changed TDM into a mode called 'Shooty Shooter Shoot' and instead of kills, you were given gold starts and the mimi map was removed along with perks. You can't then complain at users for wanting it reverted back and then further wanting new content to support the game because it's literally two different things. 

What an inane anology, that would completely change how TDM would be played.  Tier1 is HC with less HUD and a little more health - changes? yes, but not fundamental, or stupid, changes like your suggesting.

However I think you're missing my point.  You don't see any contradiction between saying they should have launched with the same game modes as previous CoD's instead of trying to tweak things and saying you don't want re-hashed content?  They tried something new and that should be praised even if, as it seems, the general consensus is the change isn't actually for the better.  But how could you know it wasn't for the better without them launching the game with Tier1 instead of HC?

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

1 hour ago, MrBiron said:

Tier 1 has 50 health, health regen and no HUD whatsoever which means no kill-feed or hitmarkers.

And HC has how much health? Felt I died just as quick in T1 than HC. But then again, its been ages since I played COD.

4 hours ago, Greboth said:

What an inane anology, that would completely change how TDM would be played.  Tier1 is HC with less HUD and a little more health - changes? yes, but not fundamental, or stupid, changes like your suggesting.

However I think you're missing my point.  You don't see any contradiction between saying they should have launched with the same game modes as previous CoD's instead of trying to tweak things and saying you don't want re-hashed content?  They tried something new and that should be praised even if, as it seems, the general consensus is the change isn't actually for the better.  But how could you know it wasn't for the better without them launching the game with Tier1 instead of HC?

Tier1 radically changes every aspect of the mode which is why it's proven so unpopular. It's literally turned into a blind sandbox and for no logical reason. You cannot praise something so fundamentally flawed by design that has literally alienated the community and driven them to even do a dramatic u-turn. There is not one key benefit, innovation or positive change they have made with Tier1. 

Like everybody else, I expect certain core and hardcore game modes as a franchise staple. Don't fix something if it ain't broken. What I don't expect is for one COD game to have 21 original maps on release and then another one having 7. Comparing COD game modes to map is an absurd viewpoint - that's like you expecting every COD game to have 12 new modes.

When a game is released I expect it to have TDM, DOM, HC, KC, HP and HC and I expect every single Call of Duty for the next 10 years to have this standarised playlist. What I don't expect is having Nuketown and Shipment given every other year at the expense of other content on a game that has 9 maps at launch. It takes no skill or innovation to rehash modes so that is where the original content lies in terms of the maps and that is what should be fresh and original for every £60 release. I don't mind paying for the same old modes because it's ingrained in the franchise and has been for nearly two decades. 

Of course you can compare game modes and maps - we buy the game and have a certain level of expectation of what we are getting for that money.  If the game launched with 100 multiplayer maps yet all the textures were shitty low res do you think people would be praising the number of maps or complaining about the textures? You may not implicitly buy the textures, they just form part of the whole as maps and game modes do too.

You're getting caught up in the details though, I'm not, and have not, praised Tier 1 itself; with most people preferring core I haven't played enough of it to really have much of an opinion.  But if they just release the same TDM, Domination, FFA etc. for the next 10 years but with new maps you aren't buying a new game you're buying a £60 map pack.  Which is exactly the criticism CoD took a lot of flak for not so long ago.  So what I'm willing to praise Tier1 for is that they tried something different, not that  they succeeded, or that they shouldn't revert back to regular HC, but simply that they tried to give us something more than a map pack.  In the same vain as adding Warzone and, more recently, DMZ.   They have play testers but there isn't really any guaranteed way to know if something is going to be a success (Warzome, DMZ), or will alienate the community (Tier1), until it's launched to the wider community.

Now again, me saying that doesn't mean I agree with the small number of maps or them re-using old maps as new content - I don't.  However if they add actual new maps and you don't like one or all of them you are going to complain about the quality of them, as would I.  But your criticism of Tier1, that it's needless and pointless change that they shouldn’t have done, is more equivalent to saying because the map(s) are rubbish they shouldn't release any new maps again.  Which is nothing but rubbish and flies in the face of you spouting off wanting new content.

Clearly the solution is you should go work for Activision so they can make sure any future changes are James approved.

1 hour ago, Greboth said:

Of course you can compare game modes and maps - we buy the game and have a certain level of expectation of what we are getting for that money.  If the game launched with 100 multiplayer maps yet all the textures were shitty low res do you think people would be praising the number of maps or complaining about the textures?

I'm pretty sure Infinity Ward are more than capable of releasing a basic quantity of maps. My level of expectation is at least 16 original maps at launch with at least 4 per season and if they want to throw in a rehash as a bonus then that's a reasonable return. It's not like they have to concern themselves with Warzone or DMZ either.  Instead they are busy fixing basic shite like the interface and pissing around with game modes. Really isn't too much to ask for £60 - even Vanguard managed to deliver a pretty respectable amount so fair play to Sledgehammer. If they can do it then why can't the highly experienced and massively funded IW do it? 

But if they just release the same TDM, Domination, FFA etc. for the next 10 years but with new maps you aren't buying a new game you're buying a £60 map pack. 

But releasing the same old maps over and over and over is not? 🤣 How the hell are you still comparing maps to modes - everyone is happy to play the staple modes - this was the case 10+ years ago and it'll be the same in 10 years time. Kill Confirmed is the only post COD4 mode that has stuck so people don't really give a monkey's toss on all the other failed attempts. Most new modes don't even last the duration and are never seen again. If a developer is to explore a new mode then it has to be something original and not some watered-down or illogical twist on an existing one to make it look like you're trying to innovate or produce original material.

I'm willing to praise Tier1 for is that they tried something different

Praise for what? There is not one single positive the mode offers and people right from the get-go were very disappointed at its implementation. It's not like Infinity Ward completely overhauled the mode with justifiable means and created new skill-sets and gameplay styles - all they've done is make the most needless and unjustifiable changes imaginable. 

Now again, me saying that doesn't mean I agree with the small number of maps or them re-using old maps as new content - I don't.  However if they add actual new maps and you don't like one or all of them you are going to complain about the quality of them, as would I.

So? At least it's new content. If you don't like 3 of the launch maps then you don't like 33% of the maps available. New maps, more quantity is welcome even if the quality varies. You're basically saying 'don't release new maps because if they are bad people might complain'😂

But your criticism of Tier1, that it's needless and pointless change that they shouldn’t have done, is more equivalent to saying because the map(s) are rubbish they shouldn't release any new maps again.  Which is nothing but rubbish and flies in the face of you spouting off wanting new content.

That is complete and utter bollocks and I cannot fathom where or how you are coming to these conclusions. If they release poor maps then they can release new maps after which will hopefully be better. We've had bad maps before many times and we've also had failed modes which have been removed altogether. If you fuck up a mainline mode then you can alienate a huge portion of your playerbase and in this case, they've had to revert back to the familiar fan favouite format because it's perfect as it is and cannot be improved upon by design. It can only be worsened through negligent changes and this has been the case. 

I really don't even know where the argument has come from - it really isn't hard to expect more original content by now and failed modes should be replaced by proven concepts as they have done countless times previous anyway. There's probably upwards of 15 modes in 11 years that have been taken out the game or replaced so it's nothing new or offensive to the developers. I'd be full of praise for IW if they actually tried with Tier1 and justified their changes but just like the perk system, they haven't provided conclusive reasoning for their decision.

People crying out for new modes has never really been a thing either. New maps however.. 

1 hour ago, J4MES OX4D said:

I really don't even know where the argument has come from - it really isn't hard to expect more original content by now.

Ok, let's make this easy, you get to choose one of the following options to moan about but they are mutually exclusive so you can't pick both

Option 1 - Actual new content is added to the game but you don't get to pick what it is.  So this could be new maps which you're so hung up on or it could be new guns or something else entirely like, I dunno, in a totally hypothetical scenario maybe add a new or slightly altered game mode that gets added to the game and is open to be changed based on community feedback instead never being in the game.  Or

Option 2 - All content added is only content from old CoD's.

2 hours ago, techno said:

Now now @J4MES OX4D you know better than to criticize call of duty 🤣🤣

I'm not saying you can't criticise CoD just don't be contradict yourself in the span of about 5 posts.

In terms of new content as far as maps go there has been nothing so far in addition since launch. 

The game has been out for like 2 and a half months. 

Just because the game is a 2 year cycle, doesn't mean they have to drip feed the content even more sparsely. 

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy most of what the game has to offer. 

Saying that I only play MP, the resources are all getting used up on other side modes or ideas. 

I don't have to play them which is fine, but I feel the MP content is lacking atm. 

Just a few more maps would be nice. 

Game modes are sometimes worth experimenting with sure. 

It's nice to attempt something different I guess. 

However Tier 1 was a butchering of the highest order. 

I'm glad they are going to bring back the original Hardcore. 

At least they have realised how well Tier 1 didn't do and are rectifying the problem. 

That I can commend them on, actually listening to the community and taking things on board and using the information proactively. 

I feel they gave themselves more work by changing or doing certain things that enraged the fan base. 

E.g the Tier 1 version of HC, a terrible UI and of course an underwhelming and utterly shite perk system. 

Nobody asked for those 3 shockers, but they gave them anyway and now have to invest time fixing them. 

People do however ask for new maps all the time, did we get any? 

So when Season 2 drops we will be treated to at least  A new map I presume? 

3 months deep to get a new map. 

3 months to give us normal Hardcore, a decent UI and maybe a rework of the perks? 

Shame on you Activision........ 

BTW my post isn't aimed at anyone or anything in particular. 

Just sharing my thoughts and ramblings on our current Cod. 

12 hours ago, Greboth said:

Ok, let's make this easy, you get to choose one of the following options to moan about but they are mutually exclusive so you can't pick both

Option 1 - Actual new content is added to the game but you don't get to pick what it is.  So this could be new maps which you're so hung up on or it could be new guns or something else entirely like, I dunno, in a totally hypothetical scenario maybe add a new or slightly altered game mode that gets added to the game and is open to be changed based on community feedback instead never being in the game.  Or

Option 2 - All content added is only content from old CoD's.

I'm not saying you can't criticise CoD just don't be contradict yourself in the span of about 5 posts.

Stop twisting my words and making up bullshit scenarios to suit your ignorant and nonsensical argument. There is no contradiction - I am wanting new and original content to compliment the existing content - not the removal of staple content to be replaced by a very poorly thought-out mode. Comparing maps and modes is literally the stupidest thing I have ever heard. 

There is nothing wrong with new content including modes as long as its actually new and innovative plus it doesn't replace existing core modes.  Kill Confirmed was a prime example of this and it's been in every COD game since. This is the standard and innovative design we'd expect - not some shitty variant that probably attracts a minimal amount of players. Tier1 is inferior in every way and replaced a very successful and proven concept which is why people were very disappointed with it and why IW did a rare u-turn. Last time they did this was when they removed Search and Destroy (LMAO) from Ghosts and replaced it with Search and Rescue. That did not go down well either. 

You're basically saying just because I want new map content, I have to then accept and endorse every new mode even if it comes at the expense of staple material and cannot criticse despite the overwhelming majority of the community sharing exactly the same feelings.  So if they suddenly replace TDM with some variant that 99.9% of other people didn't like, I am then not able to vent my opinion because I have automatically signed up to your strict ethics that I must embrace all new content or none at all? 

Even the most hardened Activision-pampered COD cocksuckers are allowed to share such opinions

image.jpeg.f8070b5515e610cb4524d7ed96df7e5b.jpeg

Comparing maps and modes is literally the stupidest thing I have ever heard. 

There is nothing wrong with new content including modes

jackie_chan_meme_by_firefox2014-d8p19a4.jpg.80a419a3577aaa4001409a69327c924a.jpg

That is literally my argument, game modes are, like maps, content and so new game modes is new content.  Also like maps, until they're released to the wider community it's impossible to know for certain how well, or badly, they will be received.

There is nothing wrong with new content including modes as long as its actually new and innovative plus it doesn't replace existing core modes

I'm glad it seems we agree on the first part but who decides if it's "actually new and innovative"? oh right, yeah, that would be the community which the community can't have an opinion on unless, and until, Tier1 got launched.

Kill Confirmed was a prime example of this and it's been in every COD game since. This is the standard and innovative design we'd expect - not some shitty variant that probably attracts a minimal amount of players. Tier1 is inferior in every way and replaced a very successful and proven concept which is why people were very disappointed with it and why IW did a rare u-turn.

The only difference between Kill confirmed being a shitty variant of TDM that attracts minimal amount of players is it turned out that the community liked KC.  Had the community taken to Tier 1 like they did to KC, we would be praising the change but again they, and we, couldn't know if Tier1 was better or worse without actually trying it.

You're basically saying just because I want new map content, I have to then accept and endorse every new mode even if it comes at the expense of staple material and cannot criticse despite the overwhelming majority of the community sharing exactly the same feelings.  So if they suddenly replace TDM with some variant that 99.9% of other people didn't like, I am then not able to vent my opinion because I have automatically signed up to your strict ethics that I must embrace all new content or none at all?

What I load of bollocks, I've never said you can't criticise Tier1 or any other part of the game.  The part I took umbrage at was you crying out they need to add new content (which, again, I agree with) but then moaning that Tier1 is shit and they shouldn't have even added it to the game.  And before you say I'm twisting your words again;

On 1/23/2023 at 2:18 PM, J4MES OX4D said:

It will likely be taken out of the game and replaced by the traditional one which should've been the case from day one when the game launched.

What I'm saying is you CAN criticise the game, you CAN criticise any of the content (maps, weapons, UI and even game modes), you CAN even criticise the lack of content in the game.  But you CAN'T also then lambast them for trying to add something to the game simply because it turns out after playing it the community doesn't like it.  Hindsight is a wonderful thing and we can say, now having played it, that Tier1 doesn't work but we didn't know that, and we couldn't know that, before actually playing Tier1.

Back in the days of DLC map packs we got what we got and if there was a shitty map in the mix then oh well.  But we live in the age of patches and downloads that mean they can add, remove or fundamentally change the game over time and I don't know, maybe it's just me but I'd quite happily play a bad game mode, or even 10, as long as they keep trying instead of only re-hashing the same 10* game modes from the last 15 years.

*CBA to count the actual number.

2 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Stop twisting my words and making up bullshit scenarios to suit your ignorant and nonsensical argument. There is no contradiction - I am wanting new and original content to compliment the existing content - not the removal of staple content to be replaced by a very poorly thought-out mode. Comparing maps and modes is literally the stupidest thing I have ever heard. 

There is nothing wrong with new content including modes as long as its actually new and innovative plus it doesn't replace existing core modes.  Kill Confirmed was a prime example of this and it's been in every COD game since. This is the standard and innovative design we'd expect - not some shitty variant that probably attracts a minimal amount of players. Tier1 is inferior in every way and replaced a very successful and proven concept which is why people were very disappointed with it and why IW did a rare u-turn. Last time they did this was when they removed Search and Destroy (LMAO) from Ghosts and replaced it with Search and Rescue. That did not go down well either. 

Even the most hardened Activision-pampered COD cocksuckers are allowed to share such opinions

image.jpeg.f8070b5515e610cb4524d7ed96df7e5b.jpeg

Let's face it, you'd find a way to complain about a Margo Robbie Blow Job because she isn't waring the right outfit and using enough hand.

1 minute ago, Greboth said:

*snip

Game modes are nothing like maps and bare no resemblance in terms of content. People don't really wish for new modes - the are largely happy with the core playlists provided and any EXTRA modes that may come along as a bonus. The core playlist alone probably houses over 90% of players and about 80% of those just play TDM. Maps are the key to sustainability and retention - something COD MP has struggled with since 2013. Maps also don't have to be cut - playlists however are always shrunk especially on non-core playlists because they are not viable when they have less than X amount of players. Kill confirmed was also introduced as an extra mode - it DID NOT replace any existing core modes and that is something you cannot understand - the main gripe with Tier1 is that it REPLACED a flawless and staple mode rather than sat aside it. Had it done that, people would've ignored it and like all the other removed modes, it would've been taken out the game come January. There is a huge difference between adding new content and replacing existing ones and that you still can't seem to fathom that has being the main complaint. The uproar when they removed SnD in 2013 - a mode which 35% of players regularly participated in was a shocking decision and Tier1 is a comparable error of judgement with an even lazier and unjustifiable change in framework. 

I can also freely criticise a new mode especially if it replaces an existing one particularity if it fails to innovate and is objectively worse than its predecessor. If they want to bring in new modes then fair play - just don't remove proven concepts and do something that actually has credibility rather than change something for the sake of it without being able to provide one counterpoint as to why you've made this radical overhaul. There are content creators on Activision's payroll who have absolutely lambasted this on Twitter along with slating both IW and Acitivision for the lack of map content and a forwarding strategy. It's a pretty standard complain for a game teetering on life support already with over 2 years to run. 

So if they are intending to release Museum and brand it a 'new' map as widely rumoured, this means there will be one 'new' map. It's apparently not Castle either.  Warzone 2 meanwhile is getting an absolute boatload of content and improvements plus an entire new (small) map which looks half decent - not sure if it will be incorporated into DMZ though. Raven really pulling out all the stops so what the hell are IW doing with themselves!?

https://www.callofduty.com/blog/2023/02/call-of-duty-warzone-2-0-ashika-island-resurgence-map-deep-dive

MWII-S02-WZ2-POIS-006B.jpg

At this point they may as well just say they don't give a crap about 6v6 multiplayer. Guess they will be working full speed on selling crap to fools. 

As far as a "new" map goes I really aren't expecting much hopefully it will be "fun". 

I look forward to people still defending Infinity Ward. 

I’m waiting until Season 2 drops or at least until there is some official news before passing judgement but it’s not looking good for MWII at the moment Warzone 2.0 is getting all of the love. 

although I do have to say that I am actually OK with MP as it currently stands, sure I would like more maps, maybe a bit of a tweak to the UI but I’m still enjoying the game and don’t regret the purchase. 

On 1/27/2023 at 9:50 PM, IRaMPaGe said:

In terms of new content as far as maps go there has been nothing so far in addition since launch. 

The game has been out for like 2 and a half months.

It is only 2 months. The first few months for any live Online game is to fix bugs post launch. That's the same with any system release so I can see why we haven't got anything since then.

On 1/27/2023 at 9:50 PM, IRaMPaGe said:

Just because the game is a 2 year cycle, doesn't mean they have to drip feed the content even more sparsely. 

They shouldn't with many returning bits of content, but that is the way games work now, whether we like it or not. The reason for that is really gamers in a nutshell have changed habits - we gorge games and effectively overplay until we get literally burnt out and if we had all content we then would know that nothing is coming in 2 months and move on quicker than we do now. To dripfeed, timegate content when you think of it with those words feels painful and wrong. However, it is what keeps us coming back to the game so we don't burn out as quickly as we used to do years ago...that was when everyone would moan we would be getting nothing or maybe 1 update/DLC in the entire year (and probably have to pay for it).

Back to Season 2, Infected and Gun Game is back in the game in a week's time which is awesome from an FG Private Match point of view. I'm super hoping they add One in the Chamber considering that worked really well in MW2019.

It'll be interesting to see the tweaks they make to the UI as mentioned in the different threads we have going. I'm hoping the Groups functionality can expand a little more to at least connect the Clan Tag together as thats the most logical step to make.

Weirdly somewhat intrigued for a new Season in CoD for the first time. Its nice to actually feel good about the franchise for a change.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

Happy to see gun game and one in the chamber return for Friday laughs etc as for the rest.... wow it's amazing great job infinity ward you've really outdone yourself couldn't have hoped for more let's hope you're showered in the  rewards you absolutely deserve 👍

48 minutes ago, techno said:

Didn't expect to just read this.

LMAO! That’s the final nail in the coffin for this game. They really expect to pass off an old beta map and then 3 cherrypicked locations from the battle royal map as ‘new’ content that will suffice, Christ. 

The new mode bloat will just spread thin an already depleting playerbase and those playlists won’t survive long-term either. They’ve made a mockery out of fans now but at least the reaction on social media has been absolutely damning, not that it will change anything.

I wasn’t expecting much for the paid portion but this is taking the piss. Even Cold War will get more content than this I bet. What an absolute disgrace.

Yeah I'm pretty shocked, I didn't expect a lot but wow. 

Even 1 new map would of cheered a few people up. 

Apart from the Musuem map being reintroduced, don't forget a remade version of Dome. 

Excellent fresh brand new content. 

💀

11 hours ago, techno said:

Didn't expect to just read this.

Screenshot_20230208_204025_Twitter.jpg

Screenshot_20230208_204113_Twitter.jpg

I've always said most Battle Passes aren't worth their money as its all pretty much cosmetic if you care for that stuff.

Map wise it depends if the 'Battle Maps' will have a part of it that can do 6v6 like Taraq does.

I did say we'd get 3 to 4 maps with one maybe being new. I do expect a further map to be introduced mid-season like Season 1 had 2 reintroduced.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

5 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I've always said most Battle Passes aren't worth their money as its all pretty much cosmetic if you care for that stuff.

Map wise it depends if the 'Battle Maps' will have a part of it that can do 6v6 like Taraq does.

I did say we'd get 3 to 4 maps with one maybe being new. I do expect a further map to be introduced mid-season like Season 1 had 2 reintroduced.

Dome is already from Zaya Observatory.

and Al Marik has Terminal inside it which to be honest I wouldn’t mind getting that one back that was probably be favourite map from the OG MW2

6v6 maps content is lacking for sure, great to see additional game modes however it looks like they will be on rotation rather than permanent at least for public play?