Season 2 Delayed

J4MES OX4D

So we get ANOTHER old re-skinned map and then a map that was removed from the game after the beta that was supposed to be in the game at launch? And that's it for 6v6 maps? What an utterly piss poor offering that is. I'd rather they just brought back the map packs from before. At least we got a decent amount of months every few months.

fart.gif

I've just realised (only saw the small image on my phone) that Al Malik and Zaya are both battle maps which mean they will be likely be ground war-type ones. Literally just cut off a a portion of the Warzone/DMZ map.

This means that Dome and Museum are the only two 6v6 maps - one recycled and poached off Warzone 2 and the other one from the beta. The rumours they would pass off the removed Valderas map as 'new' season 2 content were spot on even though it had been legally cleared since the beginning of the year to bring back. 

It's even worse than I first saw! Content creators jokingly said they will probably carve up the entire Warzone map bit by bit and integrate it as 'new' content for the MP portion and it looks like that has come true entirely. 

22 minutes ago, MrBiron said:

I'd rather they just brought back the map packs from before. At least we got a decent amount of months every few months.

Whilst the concept would be one most of us would buy into, it splits the MP pools further as not everyone will buy them and personally I think if you update a game over time and paid our money upfront like we have, I'd expect the maps to be given for free when they do get released.

11 minutes ago, J4MES OX4D said:

I've just realised (only saw the small image on my phone) that Al Malik and Zaya are both battle maps which mean they will be likely be ground war-type ones. Literally just cut off a a portion of the Warzone/DMZ map.

I noticed it straight away so went to look at what it meant last night before posting it here. I think we knew most subsequent maps would come off the larger Warzone map, but that makes total sense from a developer viewpoint as its the same assets they've worked on and already in the game so doesn't make the game any larger content wise. For a 2-3 month Season, i'm still holding out that we'll get at least 1-2 more maps they haven't told us about mid-season like we did in Season 1. If that is the case, then I'd be okay with that. If they don't release anymore maps mid-Season then i'd agree that its disappointing.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

1 hour ago, MrBiron said:

So we get ANOTHER old re-skinned map and then a map that was removed from the game after the beta that was supposed to be in the game at launch? And that's it for 6v6 maps? What an utterly piss poor offering that is. I'd rather they just brought back the map packs from before. At least we got a decent amount of months every few months.

I'd debate that we shouldn't be expected to pay even more money for maps when they already taken more than enough money off us 🤣

I am ok with them taking from Warzone maps and making smaller maps from it to play  6vs6.  I am actually in favor as you would have experience with the map if you play DMZ or WZ. It is something that the could do from day 1 however. 

It's too bad the terminal map and observatory is not being made available as they are great DMZ maps. 

Oh well I guess I'll continue spending my time in DMZ

1 hour ago, James5497 said:

I'd debate that we shouldn't be expected to pay even more money for maps when they already taken more than enough money off us 🤣

I'd happily pay for a map expansion like before because it was guaranteed content, you knew what you'd be getting plus it was an obligation and incentive for the developers to produce quality and original (even reimagined) material. I'd take that over painfully waiting for new content that never materialises and always being in the dark about what was coming because not even the developers seem to know half the time. People are paying more on fortnightly bundles now than what an entire quarterly map pack used to cost and I didn't mind paying because the return was always tens of hours at worst and plenty more enjoyment.  

This time of the year a decade ago and during the golden age of COD, we'd be at around the 24 map mark by now. Even Vangard this time last year had 26 original 6v6 maps at this stage. 

7 minutes ago, J4MES OX4D said:

I'd happily pay for a map expansion like before because it was guaranteed content, you knew what you'd be getting plus it was an obligation and incentive for the developers to produce quality and original (even reimagined) material. I'd take that over painfully waiting for new content that never materialises and always being in the dark about what was coming because not even the developers seem to know half the time. People are paying more on fortnightly bundles now than what an entire quarterly map pack used to cost and I didn't mind paying because the return was always tens of hours at worst and plenty more enjoyment.  

This time of the year a decade ago and during the golden age of COD, we'd be at around the 24 map mark by now. Even Vangard this time last year had 26 original 6v6 maps at this stage. 

I wasn't saying I like it how it is. I was just saying we pay £60 for a game, I don't then expect to have to pay even more. 

I agree there aren't enough maps, but I'm hoping they continue to keep bringing more out as the seasons go on.

6 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I've always said most Battle Passes aren't worth their money as its all pretty much cosmetic if you care for that stuff.

Map wise it depends if the 'Battle Maps' will have a part of it that can do 6v6 like Taraq does.

I did say we'd get 3 to 4 maps with one maybe being new. I do expect a further map to be introduced mid-season like Season 1 had 2 reintroduced.

All I've seen regarding mid season additions. Have seen there is now shoothouse and shipment separate playlists woohoo.😁

Screenshot_20230209_143007_Twitter.jpg

I did like the old map packs, but games were cheaper then. 

The content was consistent and very good tho. 

I agree I don't want to pay more, but maybe a middle ground from the big vault edition £100.

Game is already £60 or more depending. 

Now the old map packs were like 11 or 12 quid. You got 4 maps and usually very good quality. 

So if they released 3 or 4 packs and there was a £80 version with all future maps 3 or 4 promised I would be tempted. It would feel better value. 

But on the otherhand I agree with @GazzaGarratt mostly here.

The separation and division of players isn't good either. 

Some have it and some don't, it sucks. 

Also I doubt there will be a mid season new map or whatever, mainly because they would of made a huge thing of it and celebrated it to try retain players and interest with it. 

@techno, understandable as thats what the Season 2 visual shows. You'd hope the player feedback would convince them to drop another one later down the line. @IRaMPaGe, always a good 'we've listened' moment for them to use in a month or so 😄 I do expect to play more DMZ/Warzone that Season 1 so we'll what happens.

52 minutes ago, techno said:

All I've seen regarding mid season additions. Have seen there is now shoothouse and shipment separate playlists woohoo.😁

Screenshot_20230209_143007_Twitter.jpg

No maps listed aka; 'we're making it up as we go along'😂

They'll probably bring back Rust once again to compliment Shoothouse and Shipment or something desperate. I'll keep my eyes on the usual dataminer suspects because they are usually ahead of the game as what to expect and most of the time it's never good news. 

@J4MES OX4D, you'd take a returning map from a previous game over no map surely? I mean, even if you go by what most people have said about CoD over the years you could argue that no one wants new content, just all the old stuff put into one game 😄

7 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

@J4MES OX4D, you'd take a returning map from a previous game over no map surely? I mean, even if you go by what most people have said about CoD over the years you could argue that no one wants new content, just all the old stuff put into one game 😄

Yup I'd settle for that especially with infinity ward but they'd probably bring back stonehaven 🤣

5 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

That's pretty much what cod mobile is like. All of the most popular maps in one place. Nice thing is that it's all the maps. So you get nuke town, rust, shipment, shoot house, sky scraper and so on.

I was playing that before MW 2(022) as it was a lot more fun that Vanguard or black ops. 

1 hour ago, IRaMPaGe said:

I did like the old map packs, but games were cheaper then. 

The content was consistent and very good tho. 

But on the otherhand I agree with @GazzaGarratt mostly here.

The separation and division of players isn't good either. 

Some have it and some don't, it sucks. 

Also I doubt there will be a mid season new map or whatever, mainly because they would of made a huge thing of it and celebrated it to try retain players and interest with it. 

I found there were too many people that didn't buy a pack or another and you had to uninstall them anyways

1 hour ago, cyberninja2601 said:

I found there were too many people that didn't buy a pack or another and you had to uninstall them anyways

Yeah have to agree, this was definitely the case. 

I loved when a new bunch of maps dropped. I enjoyed learning them and sometimes did very well in the initial first few go's at a map. 

The original MW2 map packs and the Black's OPs 1 ones in particular were my favourites. 

Maps like Zoo, Kwaloon, Berlin Wall and Drive in were awesome. 

Even the ones I didn't like as much were still great quality designed maps. 

Dom on Berlin Wall was epic. B flag sat right in the middle of the 2 sides of wall in a tight choke point. 

Ai sentry guns high on either sides. 

Broken rubble, barbed wire, endless explosions and smoke grenades. A real battle to secure, loved it! 

2 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I'd take 4-6 maps per season or none at all. One or two lazy recycled maps is simply not enough whatsoever for a game of this nature and I just wont play it otherwise. The COD community should not accept this level of service - it's beyond insulting now and bordering on laughable. Even Vanguard last year had 3x more map content than what we have now and they probably had 10% of the resources to make their game.

People are largely sick of recycled/re-imagined content now - maybe 5 years ago this was still fine and even into MW2019 but not now. We're all mostly fed up of these once-iconic maps like Nuketown, Summit, Jungle, Firing Range and original content is what's needed. No point in having a brand new engine and rebooting a game and then rehashing old stuff. If they are to go down this route then at least back it up with new content on top. If you're giving us 2 old maps but 4 new ones then that's fair enough but 3 old maps out of 4 is embarrassing. 

IW proved they could create new content and the base game maps of MW2 are pretty decent even though they were naive about a few real world locations but having to resort to recycled stuff or material lifted from Warzone is not good enough especially if you're giving us nothing else. 

55 minutes ago, IRaMPaGe said:

The original MW2 map packs and the Black's OPs 1 ones in particular were my favourites. 

Maps like Zoo, Kwaloon, Berlin Wall and Drive in were awesome. 

Even the ones I didn't like as much were still great quality designed maps

We may be missing something though about the fact that this one is made by Infinity Ward so returning maps are likely to come from only their assets than the others. Its why Dome is back and I would expect Rust to come in eventually as James mentioned before as they did create it. I wouldn't know if maps have crossed over between developers but I wouldn't expect much have, if ever.

20 minutes ago, J4MES OX4D said:

I'd take 4-6 maps per season or none at all. One or two lazy recycled maps is simply not enough whatsoever for a game of this nature and I just wont play it otherwise. The COD community should not accept this level of service - it's beyond insulting now and bordering on laughable. Even Vanguard last year had 3x more map content than what we have now and they probably had 10% of the resources to make their game.

Whether we like it or not, the Developers are asked by Activision to churn out a new game every couple of years which means they dedicate a large portion of that time to the Campaign and re-use old assets where possible. If you don't re-use assets its widely known brand new games take around 7 years to create, especially AAA games. So within a few years they focus efforts on what Activision want. Yep, old maps after a while are annoying if thats all you get but thats where I'd expect a new map every so often to balance out the map pool.

23 minutes ago, J4MES OX4D said:

People are largely sick of recycled/re-imagined content now - maybe 5 years ago this was still fine and even into MW2019 but not now. We're all mostly fed up of these once-iconic maps like Nuketown, Summit, Jungle, Firing Range and original content is what's needed.

I don't see that from FGers and most other places I read about CoD. Damned if you do, damned if you don't situation.

I want to be clear I don't like whats happened to most CoDs and the model that Activision have been following for years. What we all agree here I can largely see is that CoD needs a culture shift under the hood to a different type of Multiplayer development pattern, maybe one that matches the likes of Overwatch.

But what we can do is also realise that this isn't where they are now, so I'm looking at this game on its on merit on how fun the gameplay is and how much content we have to play on it. Season 2 looks okay. Not bad, but not super great either. I think sometimes we'd all do ourselves some favours if we could open our minds to how it feels on both sides rather than just saying a game is crap 'just cos'. I see the same thoughts in how Destiny was over the years and it turned out stronger. Not sure this franchise will go the same way, but for right here right now, there is no surprise to me why so many FGers are enjoying a CoD game for once, and maps not being new won't change that feeling a massive amount.

Maybe by Season 3 though it will as burnout starts to hit if the game goes too long without enough variety in the game. Meaning New and Returning content btw 🙂

31 minutes ago, J4MES OX4D said:

People are largely sick of recycled/re-imagined content now - maybe 5 years ago this was still fine and even into MW2019 but not now. We're all mostly fed up of these once-iconic maps like Nuketown, Summit, Jungle, Firing Range and original content is what's needed. No point in having a brand new engine and rebooting a game and then rehashing old stuff. If they are to go down this route then at least back it up with new content on top. If you're giving us 2 old maps but 4 new ones then that's fair enough but 3 old maps out of 4 is embarrassing. 

IW proved they could create new content and the base game maps of MW2 are pretty decent even though they were naive about a few real world locations but having to resort to recycled stuff or material lifted from Warzone is not good enough especially if you're giving us nothing else. 

I don't think it's unreasonable to expect 1-2 new maps and 1-2 remakes per Season. 

1 new and 1 old at launch, then same again at mid season. 

Each season is about 2 months. 

I still think they are holding back some for later dates. 

1 hour ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Well again that just not really the case

Control has some new maps.   You don't play it.   But the content is there

Ground war has some new maps. Again you don't play it. Fair enough but there is content

Co-op has a number of maps missions. I assume you play that either, but someone did develop it

The Raid has a new map. I assume you didn't do that either

Those are all part of the paid for multiplayer experience. You can chose not to like. You can chose not to play it. However the content is there. It's just not the 6V6 content you want. 

People bitched for years about COD not innovating. So they gave us control/grounwar (which is a rip off of battlefield) 

They gave us co-op. Which  I would agree sucks. I would much rather have zombies

They gave us the raid, which I have not tried but someone sat down and created it. If I don't play it, that's on me

You keep bringing up vanguard. Who the fuck played more than 10 hours of vanguard on this site. I bet the number are way lower than MW.  I didn't play after I uninstalled the Beta. It was garbage

I played a shit load of zombies on Cold war. I think I might have played 3 maps and then I couldn't be bothered. With the exception of satellite they were awful. Satellite wasn't all that great either.  I don't even know how many maps they had. I know they had nuketown which is spent a lot of time on to level up my guns for zombies. 

I played a lot of co-op on MW. I actually liked it better than MP. I don't know if I could name two maps

WWI of whatever it was called was garbage. I didn't play

That's all the studios. That 4-5 years of COD. 

If you find it insulting, don't buy the game and fucks sakes stop the bitching with every single one of you posts. You got to be one of the most toxic individuals I have ever seen. Every game, every situation is the same fucking thing. Bitch, bitch, bitch

36 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Whether we like it or not, the Developers are asked by Activision to churn out a new game every couple of years which means they dedicate a large portion of that time to the Campaign and re-use old assets where possible. If you don't re-use assets its widely known brand new games take around 7 years to create, especially AAA games. So within a few years they focus efforts on what Activision want. Yep, old maps after a while are annoying if thats all you get but thats where I'd expect a new map every so often to balance out the map pool.

🙂

Just on this note they used to churn out a new game on a more regular basis "back in the day" with better and more content. The only thing they do churn out more of these days is gamemodes 🤷 Maybe we have to put up with poorer quality for diverse content which I suppose is ok if that's your bag which obviously isn't the case. 

I think @cyberninja2601mentioned how cod mobile is and maybe a push to take MP the same way and just add to it on a rolling cycle.

5 hours ago, cyberninja2601 said:

*apologist drivel snipped

Since when is Ground War 6v6?😂I only care about the paid component of the game developed solely by IW - the ONLY part of the game they produced. I bought the game in good faith because it comes from experienced devs of a franchise I regularly play and had a promising foundation as outlined. Sadly me and millions of other gamers have been badly let down and as a consumer, I have the express right to complain. What I criticise is perfectly valid issues and nothing that established franchise partners haven’t already complained about either. You have literally Activision’s own content creators telling them their game is a bag of shite. it’s nothing compared to what is being said on Twitter so don’t get so deeply offended by it. Oh and sorry, I didn’t realise just because people supposedly didn’t play (nonsense) Vanguard on here, I cannot praise it and Sledgehammer for their efforts? What sort of fucked up logic is that. No need to get jealous over praise of another game jeez.

Also as you don’t play the paid MP portion, what right do you then have to lambaste anyone who does play it of their concerns? Bit weird gatekeeping part of a game you don’t even play. Stick to playing bots on freebie DMZ made by another developer. That bears no relation to the MP.

Oh and because I also don’t like Forspoken, I am apparently ‘one of the most toxic individuals’😂 you may want to head your head out of your arse from the COD section and look elsewhere on this site. Really not sure why you’re so protective of this game - it’s almost like nauseating 2009 fanboyism all over again. No thanks to that.

Like Phil said the other day, keep it civil @cyberninja2601 @J4MES OX4D so we can keep on having good debates of late.

I enjoy the game and I can realise others won't but hope that others will also try to see both sides too so we can have a good debate about the bits that people feel aren't so good. Just keep it about the game and not individuals, goes for everyone this does. Fanks 🤗

I agree @IRaMPaGe, I definitely think they are holding some maps back. I think its like what I said on previous threads that developers break the game up now to deliver over time so it feels like fresh (not always new) content is delivered because its nearly impossible to meet what gamers want on the regular fresh content drops.

1 hour ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I agree @IRaMPaGe, I definitely think they are holding some maps back. I think its like what I said on previous threads that developers break the game up now to deliver over time so it feels like fresh (not always new) content is delivered because its nearly impossible to meet what gamers want on the regular fresh content drops.

It's not nearly impossible. All regular 6v6 players want is 3/4 maps every new season. I don't think that's an unreasonable request. Even if it was 2 new and remastered then I'm sure people would be fine with that.

This season is just a poor effort. 1 remaster and one that was removed from the game to start with. That's just not good enough when the game launched with few 6v6 maps in the first place.

fart.gif