Christmas gaming

Luseth

Christmas tends to give us all a bit of free time (with the exceptions of running round to visit family). So do you have a game in mind to play over the christmas spell, do you tend to pick christmasy games or is it just whatever's next on your to play list?

I have the remastered Final Fantasy Crisis Core turning up soon so imagine that will be my go to game over the christmas break. I should have the platinum trophy for Spiderman this week as well so should have space for another game to play until it turns up so depending on what it is, imagine it might extend into the christmas break.

So what games are you guy's going to be playing? What have you set your sights on?

Luseth.png

I finish work this Friday as I've booked the rest of the month off, so have plenty of time for gaming.

I might do some streaming on Twitch next week and I've a few games lined up.

I'm feeling the draw of Rimworld again and I want to spend some time on either Mount & Blade or Crusader Kings. Plus I want to check out the updates to Valheim as I've not played it in ages.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

11 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

I finish work this Friday as I've booked the rest of the month off, so have plenty of time for gaming.

I might do some streaming on Twitch next week and I've a few games lined up.

I'm feeling the draw of Rimworld again and I want to spend some time on either Mount & Blade or Crusader Kings. Plus I want to check out the updates to Valheim as I've not played it in ages.

Ah what's your twitch Phil? Will give you a follow and look out for a stream or 2 🙂 

Luseth.png

If I buy Dwarf Fortress on Steam, I'll probably be playing a lot of that. Still got the Command and Conquer Collection to work through plus I still have to grab God of War Ragnarok at some stage. American Truck Simulator is also my go-to game for relaxing so I imagine I will be doing a lot of that too especially with the recent Texas expansion. Other than that, there's really not much knocking about plus nothing in the Steam sales seem to entice. 

4 hours ago, phil bottle said:

Unreal. How in the world did you swindle that amazing amount of holiday?! Fair bloody play mate.

5 hours ago, Luseth said:

So do you have a game in mind to play over the christmas spell, do you tend to pick christmasy games or is it just whatever's next on your to play list?

Christmas list wise, i'll be taking a look at whats available for Santa/Wife to bring if i've been good. FIFA 23 should be on the list as its pointless getting it beforehand. I just want more time to play in general so i can get back into Destiny for the next season, more camo challenges on MW2 and trying to find some Fridays and other days to make a few group up nights so we can all get together for some laughs ahead of Christmas. That'd be ace as its Fridays have been off the menu for a while since we had the meet up and also now World Cup/Xmas duties to sort.

I also would love to find a little time to even start a solo campaign, maybe MW2's one. I've got so many to try though it could literally be any of the top ones across the last few years.

FG Fridays with Fall Guys, Among Us, Wreckfest, GTA and maybe MW2 private games sound like a good time to me at the very least.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

Nice little topic to start @Luseth  🙂 I am hoping to complete Guardians of the Galaxy as i'm halfway through that at the moment. Same as @GazzaGarratt, probably wont be getting Fifa 23 until just after Christmas. I really want to get GoW Ragnorok and Callisto Protocol too, but they will probably be post Christmas purchases, so may pick up a copy of Witcher 3 since i never completed it and the ps5 upgrade is available on the 14th December. Got Cyberpunk to dive into as well so may get a start on that over Christmas 🙂

Once I've finished up with the battle pass on MW2 which I'm hoping to in the next couple of weeks. I'm planning on reining back the Call of Duty and playing some Batman Arkham Knight and Red Dead Redemption 2 over the Christmas break. I purchased them both in various steam sales but haven't played through either of them yet. Looking forward to it as I enjoyed the first games from both series. 

19 hours ago, Antpool84 said:

Nice little topic to start @Luseth  🙂 I am hoping to complete Guardians of the Galaxy as i'm halfway through that at the moment. Same as @GazzaGarratt, probably wont be getting Fifa 23 until just after Christmas. I really want to get GoW Ragnorok and Callisto Protocol too, but they will probably be post Christmas purchases, so may pick up a copy of Witcher 3 since i never completed it and the ps5 upgrade is available on the 14th December. Got Cyberpunk to dive into as well so may get a start on that over Christmas 🙂

I did enjoy Guardians!

I tried GoW (the first game), on paper it's my sort of game but I struggled to really get going with it unfortunately.

I would definately recommend the Witcher 3, would make for a good christmas game as well as there are some snowey / wintery sections as well. The storyline and side quests are brilliant and it's a game I am contemplating playing again with the upgrade coming out. Maybe I will finally get the plat trophy (I think I just needed to use the crossbow to shoot and kill so many people in the face or something like that) 😀

Luseth.png