FG Worldwide - A Remarkably Mediocre Logistics Company (ETS2)

TurboR56Mini

After the massive FG weekend I had the bug to jump back in and start a new character in Euro Truck Sim 2. The trucks in Europe were always cool and neat for me as I like the cabover design, even the ones in the States. So Since you can't have an official massive company in the game, as in we are all helping to add to the bank account of one company, I decided to make this thread about just that. It's cheeky and fun for those of us that are playing ETS2, feel free to reply with your application @phil bottle @Bluebear  @Greboth to join FG Worldwide!  

Welcome to FG Worldwide, a remarkably mediocre logistics company where our motto is "We Set the Bar Low Enough for Success Every Time."  Join our multi-national conglomerate of companies and see where the road takes you. With a meh record for safety and on-time delivery, we manage end to end logistics along with those customer expectations. 

AFFILIATES

Ran+Aegir

• Headquarters -  Brummie, UK (New Danish Headquarters being built)
  • Owner - @TurboR56Mini
  • Favorite Truck - Scania R
  • Slogan - Gold for Safe Passage 

Whorelidge Direct

• Headquarters -  Brummie, UK (because best City 😄)
  • Owner - @Greboth
  • Favorite Truck - Iveco Stralis (It's the only one I own currently so default favorite)
  • Slogan - Prices to satisfy all your needs 

DS4A

• Headquarters - ?
  • Owner - @phil bottle
  • Favorite Truck - Volvo
  • Slogan - Ah forgot to add my company details

Ha nice one 🙂

I was talking with @Bluebear  about ETS2 in Wales as I was playing it on the Steamdeck. 

I'm a bit addicted again so yeah I'm up for some multiplayer. I should really get my wheel out too but I had issues a couple of years ago getting the pedals to register on the G29. Will try again now I'm back on the road 🙂

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I'd like to apply to be an affiliate of FG Worldwide

• Company Name: Whorelidge Direct
  • Headquarters -  Brummie, UK (because best City 😄)
  • Owner - @Greboth
  • Favorite Truck - Iveco Stralis (It's the only one I own currently so default favorite)
  • Slogan - Prices to satisfy all your needs 

@phil bottle I know I've got a different wheel but it set up easy on mine and I know Carl is using his G29 too.  I did some googling the other day too and apparently with some tweaking, it's possible to get it working in VR too so I'll be trying that at some point 😄 

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

Ah forgot to add my company details.

Company is DS4A and I'm rocking the Volvo, although I believe Scania are the top choice.

Cheers @Greboth I'm going to give the wheel a try today, good luck with VR🫡

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

@phil bottlewheel works great now, no drama at all. I have all the essentials for me, programmed to buttons too, makes more enjoyable for sure. I used to be a controller player.

4 hours ago, Spacedeck said:

Have you heard of https://trucksbook.eu/?

Might be one to consider, used it previously and it's pretty decent.

I'd love to play more but don't have the energy or space to keep setting up my wheel.

Oooo this looks great, we shall use. @phil bottle and @Greboth take note. I'll set it up.

I have to set my wheel up too which is why I've neglected to play either ATS it ETS2. Come on @Spacedeck , you know you want to!!

That Trucks book looks quite good to be able to set up an FG conglomerate.

Had a play at lunch time and got VR set up and working.  I only drove around the block but works well and it's far easier driving through much harder when needing to use the keyboard for a shortcut.  I also have to use a beta version so potentially would mess up if we want an online session but will have to test that when we're all online.

7 hours ago, TurboR56Mini said:

Oooo this looks great, we shall use. @phil bottle and @Greboth take note. I'll set it up.

I have to set my wheel up too which is why I've neglected to play either ATS it ETS2. Come on @Spacedeck , you know you want to!!

I really would, but so far haven't found any easy way to use the pedals without a lot of faffing around.  The computer tables layout and size make it hard sadly.  I'll look at it again to see if I can find something workable.

Okie so the TB company is set, you have to launch the game from the client download of the app to log. I did 3 trips tonight and it works nicely. I'm assuming you guys can just join via the company number. 

Company Profile #164251

image.thumb.png.66cae588d98511bf28a89e35dc3517f3.png

What am I missing? How on earth does this work?? I cant believe I'm interested in this but it actually looks pretty damn cool.

Is it purely set up for PC play or console play?

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

2 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

What am I missing? How on earth does this work?? I cant believe I'm interested in this but it actually looks pretty damn cool.

Is ETS2 even on console?

But it’s PC only as you have to link it to your Steam account to join on Truck book.

2 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

It's PC and amazeballz. The maps are every extensive. I just did a 43hr haul that was 1700mi and that's like medium distance of the maps. I've worked it out that 4 mins real time is 1hr game (minus ferries and sleeping of course which are instant). It's cheap now

17 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Do it. 4 squid and you can finally use your wheel 😉

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

4 hours ago, Greboth said:

How does it not recognise it when you have to point TB at the .exe 😕

It's sorted now, I needed to go to Steam and make my game list public...

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

3 hours ago, Spacedeck said:

@TurboR56Mini  don't forget to accept all the requests to join the company.  You can promote other members when they join so more people should be able to accept requests.

Just approved  you and @Greboth