UAV Too Powerful?

J4MES OX4D

I am baffled that the UAV tells you whether enemies are above or below the player - it's like a partial advanced UAV and makes things very easy for experienced players. You can literally pinpoint what floor a player is on and adjust your approach accordingly without having to worry about walking into a risky situation. Not sure what IW were going for with this - trying to benefit weak players most probably but seasoned ones will pounce on things like this. I run CUAV at all times. 

A UAV will rarely be up for longer than afew seconds with me in a game, I'm always shooting them down, counter-UAVs too. I've given up on Ghost, it's useless now. 

What baffles me however is that 99% of the cod community don't shoot them down. They're literally one of the most powerful things in the game and yet people just leave them and get repeatedly killed due to them. The amount of times I join a game mid-match to be greeted by more tinsel in the sky than a Christmas tree is ridiculous. There's a UAV telling everyone where you are, a counter-uav ruining your intel, a fucking jet that's killed you 15 times, but will any of these dumb fucks get a launcher out? Nope. 

Then again I find that the vast majority of the COD community probably eat soup with a fork so it suits them really.

banlol.png

1 hour ago, techno said:

Yes it is too powerful, at the beginning of a game it has no counter.

Except counter UAV 

There is something call a launcher. Easy to use. Shoot and forget. it actually gets you some scorepoint if you run score streaks.  I think I must shoot down 4-5 UAVs per game. 

People should try it sometime 

44 minutes ago, Diddums said:

A UAV will rarely be up for longer than afew seconds with me in a game, I'm always shooting them down, counter-UAVs too. I've given up on Ghost, it's useless now. 

What baffles me however is that 99% of the cod community don't shoot them down. They're literally one of the most powerful things in the game and yet people just leave them and get repeatedly killed due to them. The amount of times I join a game mid-match to be greeted by more tinsel in the sky than a Christmas tree is ridiculous. There's a UAV telling everyone where you are, a counter-uav ruining your intel, a fucking jet that's killed you 15 times, but will any of these dumb fucks get a launcher out? Nope. 

Then again I find that the vast majority of the COD community probably eat soup with a fork so it suits them really.

Exactly. But people bitch about no counters. With the exception of the hotel map, counters couldn't be any easier. Look up. Shoot. Get some points for the old score streak. Put up my own UAV that no one will have the good sense to shoot down and bitch about ghost being too late and not working with silencers

11 hours ago, cyberninja2601 said:

There is something call a launcher. Easy to use. Shoot and forget. it actually gets you some scorepoint if you run score streaks.  I think I must shoot down 4-5 UAVs per game. 

People should try it sometime 

Ah yes nicely patronising, I do carry a launcher but here's the kicker I shouldn't have to carry a fucking launcher there are other secondary weapons to use, that's just as dumb as saying you should always run counter UAV, why? Surely have ghost and another strong perk maybe dead fucking silence in the same tier and make people have a choice, but no let's make every game the same. I'll just spend all game being a mobile SAM turret. I don't know why people defend. Cod no matter how dumb the design decisions are. 

I agree that a launcher is useful, I will shoot stuff down because your screwed if not. 

However I do agree with @techno here, nobody wants to play mobile Sam Turret Simulator all game.

I have challenges for my gun I wanted to get through if I get a chance. 

Some matches your getting bombarded, UAVs, Counters, VTOLS, Choppers. 

You should have a hard counter earlier like Ghost.

You don't play a match and get tactical mask or flak jacket equivalent halfway or 3/4 into a game. 

Getting killed by explosives and flash the shite out of up until you earn it Bullshit. 

If anything it limits your playstyle being forced to wait till something is active. 

What kind of system is that? 

Fuck the system, the perk system that is. 

Just let me use my shit right away, I don't need 4 perks, just give me 3 that work right away ffs. 

Infinity Ward get it sorted before I find out where you live and bring @Diddums round to your base and let him camp there with you until you fix it! 

3 hours ago, techno said:

Ah yes nicely patronising, I do carry a launcher but here's the kicker I shouldn't have to carry a fucking launcher there are other secondary weapons to use, that's just as dumb as saying you should always run counter UAV, why? Surely have ghost and another strong perk maybe dead fucking silence in the same tier and make people have a choice, but no let's make every game the same. I'll just spend all game being a mobile SAM turret. I don't know why people defend. Cod no matter how dumb the design decisions are. 

Patronizing yes, however you are the one that said and I quote again  "Yes it is too powerful, at the beginning of a game it has no counter."

Launcher is available right away.  I gave you a counter right there and unlike counter UAV you don't even need to be a skilled 5 kill player to earn it. 

Ghost is available at the exact same time birds eye is so you aren't that disadvantaged one way or the other. You can hunt or hide. What ever you want.  You can't have both. It also means that people won't be able to camp their ass off a the beginning of the game to "earn" chopper gunner or whatever because everyone will know where their ass is hiding since they  haven't earned ghost yet. 

Just because you can't kit up exactly how you want which seems to be ghost with a suppressor and dead silence doesn't make it dumb designs. The 4 perks become available pretty quickly if you play the objective and get kills. If you play DOM/Headquarters/control/hardpoint a UAV isn't that necessary anyways. You pretty much know where the objective players are going to be and were people that camp the objective are going to be. They are always in the same spot. 

3 minutes ago, J4MES OX4D said:

I've just see what the Birdseye perk can do too - literally gives you a constant advanced UAV for the rest of the game. Literally more powerful than the actual killstreak. 

yep, but at least it is a the same tier as ghost. So you can't run both.  

that's why i feel that Birdseye or quickfix and the only two perks worth running on that tier of perks

Not only is the UAV too powerful because of a lack of Ghost at the start of matches, the UAV is also a pain to shoot down compared to the CUAV. The CUAV just sits there easy to see and shoot down, the UAV tends to be hard to distinguish in the sky as it blends in with the background. I honestly think this is done on purpose.

fart.gif

1 hour ago, MrBiron said:

Not only is the UAV too powerful because of a lack of Ghost at the start of matches, the UAV is also a pain to shoot down compared to the CUAV. The CUAV just sits there easy to see and shoot down, the UAV tends to be hard to distinguish in the sky as it blends in with the background. I honestly think this is done on purpose.

On certain maps it's really tough to see it, probably another design feature to help player retention. More time finding them=more time playing (wasted). 

3 hours ago, MrBiron said:

Also it's hard to shoot down when you're in buildings especially for instance the hotel map....but it's ok because we have launchers 

47 minutes ago, techno said:

Also it's hard to shoot down when you're in buildings especially for instance the hotel map....but it's ok because we have launchers 

If you are that worried it, cap flag. Get two kills and get your own dam UAV. 

What is it Kyle use to say about people running ghost?  I know it wasn't good job

3 minutes ago, cyberninja2601 said:

If you are that worried it, cap flag. Get two kills and get your own dam UAV. 

What is it Kyle use to say about people running ghost?  I know it wasn't good job

I'm not running ghost and this is a thread about how powerful the UAV is because of infinity wards useless unbalanced perk system.

Now was it bees or mym that said something irrelevant to this thread especially on games were dead silence was a thing 🙄

After playing it now for quite a while I would say UAV only feels really powerful against a team that is all running UAV together so shooting them down feels like a never ending loop. This is where I think the basic casual player just moves on to the next part of the game which is making specific classes. The idea of having a launcher class when needed to switch or more so, a counter UAV as way more effective.

I feel like we're getting near a point where most of us play together that some run UAV and some run counter UAV. A week or so ago, a team absolutely nailed us and I actually applauded how they did it - they had multiple UAVs but used counter UAVs immediately when WE got a UAV. It worked an absolute treat and it would probably make the experience even better for people here that haven't been enjoying it as much.

I also think the Portable Radar as a Field Upgrade is quite handy when a UAV goes up too. Find a good spot to hold up in when UAV goes up, lay down the portable radar and watch them come round the corner on to the end of your gun.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

On 11/15/2022 at 3:20 AM, MrBiron said:

BTW the spoter perk highlites it for you. It will be nice and red and very easy to find.  Lock on to it, launch and forget.

I've also started shooting them down with the LMG which is quite possible so you don't need a laucher if that cramps your still. The Icarus does a good job on that and helicopters and VTOL. Especially with incendiary rounds