Season 1 road map

TigerBurge

Not going to lie. The fact that Shipment and Shoot House are the first two maps they are bringing back is shitty. I’m assuming with the Reloaded update they may be doing some more classic maps 

Shoot house I can tolerate. Shipment is getting old.  It's not that hard to level up guns like you said. You really don't the to be playing shipment. 

Whatever. Still better than that fortress map with all the door and window campers

21 minutes ago, slamminbones said:

Why can't they give us a new map and an old map in the first season is beyond me.

Shipment is one of them maps you'll either have a great game or a game where it's just spawn die spawn die.

Of all the maps they could have brought back from the MW series it’s these two. Shoot House is a great map. I really don’t want for Shipment to dominate like it did in MW2019. That’s where everyone was all the time. Hard to find regular games sometimes 

I hate the fact they brought shitment back again, it's not even a map tbh. If they wanted a small map for idiots to grind camos why not something like rust. 

I didn't really play mw19 but if I had I'd be pretty disappointed with those 2, it's pretty lazy with the vast amounts of maps to choose from.

I also see combat record and hardcore are coming 🤣 

What an utterly shite load of content.

2 recycled maps and one of them is total rubbish (shipment). With all of the maps they could pick at from their back catalogue they go with these 2? Can't wait for Crash, Vacant and Scrapyard next 🙄 Why only 2 maps? We're already down on maps as Museum has been removed.

As predicted they've actually put in the blog about how they've kindly added Hardcore and a combat record. Well done, guys. You've actually managed to put things into your game that should have been there at launch.

fart.gif

Season one looks to be a bust. Two old maps brought back is simply not good enough especially as they are both gimmicky ones and similarly sized. Shipment has been redone almost as many times as Treyarch's Black Ops ones and Shoothouse is very Marmite and not as widely popular or iconic as they assume - it was just a marginally better map in a game riddled with mostly poor a very few 6v6 ones and that's about it. This would only really be acceptable if there were 3 brand new maps introduced and we still have no word about Museum returning or how the race track and hotel may still be removed. Two guns is also a pretty lame offering and I couldn't give a monkeys toss about operators. They are also being very quiet about Raids so I'm guessing they are gonna be some weak-ass Spec-ops type crap.

Simply not good enough. DMZ was also met with quite a lot of criticism last night during the rather deflated event - seems to be their take on Battlefield's embarrassing Hazard Zone attempt and whilst this looks to have more variety, it's still a very threadbare mode where you are largely battling brainless bots and doing mundane tasks. This will probably fizzle out after a few weeks. Looks like Warzone will dominate as per usual and the core multiplayer will be shafted for a few months at least. It's nice to see challenges, Hardcore and all that coming in but that's really a bare minimum expectation. 

1 hour ago, phil bottle said:

They have so many great maps in their back catalogue, it's a disgrace tbf that they've gone with Shitment.

A classic MW2 map would have been amazing. Favela anyone?

I was really thinking it was coming back as it fits into what was going on in the campaign. I’m thinking that Reloaded that comes in December will be a few old Maps. Well hoping at least. 

1 hour ago, phil bottle said:

They have so many great maps in their back catalogue, it's a disgrace tbf that they've gone with Shitment.

A classic MW2 map would have been amazing. Favela anyone?

They are probably saving all those for the £70 Premium DLC next year. They already have many classic maps made because they are available in Warzone 2 but they'll either be paywalled or strategically released in the future. If they wanted to, they could easily give us 25 maps at launch but they don't wish to detract from Warzone and want to milk the few dedicated remaining deathmatch players left. The 2 new maps is just a kick in the teeth really - they could also easily port over some MW2019 maps too. 

3 hours ago, MrBiron said:

What an utterly shite load of content.

2 recycled maps and one of them is total rubbish (shipment). With all of the maps they could pick at from their back catalogue they go with these 2? Can't wait for Crash, Vacant and Scrapyard next 🙄 Why only 2 maps? We're already down on maps as Museum has been removed.

As predicted they've actually put in the blog about how they've kindly added Hardcore and a combat record. Well done, guys. You've actually managed to put things into your game that should have been there at launch.

I guess they would argue that it is there a launch. We are in the pre-season. That stuff will be available at the start of season 1. 

1 hour ago, J4MES OX4D said:

They are probably saving all those for the £70 Premium DLC next year. They already have many classic maps made because they are available in Warzone 2 but they'll either be paywalled or strategically released in the future. If they wanted to, they could easily give us 25 maps at launch but they don't wish to detract from Warzone and want to milk the few dedicated remaining deathmatch players left. The 2 new maps is just a kick in the teeth really - they could also easily port over some MW2019 maps too. 

Well I remember when COD had 4 DLCs in a season and you got 4 maps and a "redo". You had to pay about $100 for all the DLCs. So this still seems like a bit of an improvement to me. 1 year you pay for the game, 1 year you pay for the DLCs. I quite like the game so I rather that then them introducing a shit show like Vanguard where none of us are playing because the game is so bad but they had to introduce something every year to get revenue

Tried season one and I don't see any improvements or differences aside from the introduction of a shoothouse playlist Prestige. Unless they are hidden, no challenges, combat record or anything. The interface is actually more bloated than ever plus I so love reinstalling shaders that are supposed to be hard-cached....

5 minutes ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Shoothouse has its own moshpit right now

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Not too keen on the aesthetic but it's not too bad for short bursts of fun. 

Not played it yet, a decent map and one of the more fun offerings from MW19. 

Ideal for mounting on the wall down the middle for longshots and for platinum weapons. 

I can imagine that's what a lot of people will be doing. 

Myself included when I've golded a whole weapon class and can unlock the platinum challenge. 

Will be good for leveling snipers and well the map suits any gun really. 

8 hours ago, cyberninja2601 said:

I can see it now, snipers standing on those ledges looking down B. I look forward to sneaking up on then and shooting them in the ass

Got a quad feed today doing just that. Three perched up on A flag 

I see they've added some generic challenges which can be found in the calling card screen. Quite a few to sift through in the background but nothing that will instantly make you strive towards. At least 70% of the calling cards aren't pride flags now. 

Warzone 2 is absolutely awful - map is way too big and boring. Movement feels sluggish and clunky and the new looting interface is almost back to Blackout. I wasn't a fan of the slide-cancelling sweaty nature that Warzone introduced but that was such a more fluid and refined experience. This is bordering on PUBG 2017 quality.

Water is wet, the sky is blue, and there's a sniper on the wall on shoothouse. Always. And they'll always be on your team and always have 1 cap which they got when they ran over the home flag to get on the wall. We'll be losing obvs, but it's ok because Single-Braincell-Simon went 5 and 15 with one cap but got a sweep noscope.

Great fun when they're on the enemy team, such easy kills. When they're on my team I like to make sure that there's always smoke in the middle of the map.

banlol.png

12 minutes ago, Diddums said:

Water is wet, the sky is blue, and there's a sniper on the wall on shoothouse. Always. And they'll always be on your team and always have 1 cap which they got when they ran over the home flag to get on the wall. We'll be losing obvs, but it's ok because Single-Braincell-Simon went 5 and 15 with one cap but got a sweep noscope.

Great fun when they're on the enemy team, such easy kills. When they're on my team I like to make sure that there's always smoke in the middle of the map.

Then the Thermal Sniper meta was born...... 

21 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Tried season one and I don't see any improvements or differences aside from the introduction of a shoothouse playlist Prestige. Unless they are hidden, no challenges, combat record or anything. The interface is actually more bloated than ever plus I so love reinstalling shaders that are supposed to be hard-cached....

Your combat record can be found (on Xbox) where you can find social/progression/Stats. 

Multiplayer has combat record with all the classes you used, K/D, W/L ratio ....

24 minutes ago, cyberninja2601 said:

Your combat record can be found (on Xbox) where you can find social/progression/Stats. 

Multiplayer has combat record with all the classes you used, K/D, W/L ratio ....

Yeah they added it later yesterday along with the challenges. Kinda dumb that one is hidden behind calling cards and the other is on the social menu but that's how shocking the interface is.