FG GT Winter League schedule and results

phil bottle

Ok, so we'll try starting Thursday 6 October. Calendar event up shortly.

Season_Week Track Class
s1_wk1 WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca Gr.3
s1_wk2 Williow Springs International Raceway Gr.4
s1_wk3 Autodromo De Interlagos Gr.4
s1_wk4 Trial Mountain Gr.3
s1_wk5 Brands Hatch Gr.3
s1_wk6 Red Bull Ring Gr.4
s1_wk7 Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya - no chicane Gr.3
s1_wk8 Dragon Trail - Seaside Gr.4
s1_wk9 Autodromo Nazionale Monza Gr.3
s1_wk10 Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps Gr.3
s1_wk11 Kyoto Driving Park Gr.4
s1_wk12 Tokyo Expressway Gr.4
s1_wk13 Suzuka Circuit Gr.3
s1_wk14 Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit Gr.3

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

1 million percent looking forward to it!

Just going to air this now as Thursdays are my daughters football training and its starting later now (7.30-8.30) because we have to find a bigger pitch as they grow up - just so you all know if i miss the first race most weeks 😭 Happy for us to look at some Saturday/Sunday evenings still though if that can work for people?

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

2 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

1 million percent looking forward to it!

Just going to air this now as Thursdays are my daughters football training and its starting later now (7.30-8.30) because we have to find a bigger pitch as they grow up - just so you all know if i miss the first race most weeks 😭

Yep, I think it's a good idea to have a warm up race before the league race anyway, so I'd say it'll be like this:

Warm up race 

Practice 8pm-8.30pm

Race 8.30-8.50pm

League race

Practice 8.50pm-9.15pm

Race 9.15pm

Then a warm down race after that 🙂

You just need to aim for 8.50pm so hopefully plenty of time to wash your balls after footie😁

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Great races last week. Congrats to @Greboth winning the first league race, despite fuel saving and not knowing how much fuel he had left🤗

1. Greboth

2. Philly

3. Leeeeeeeeeeigh

4. Mike 

5. CBA

I think Tom has shown a big improvement and with some practice I'll be looking over my shoulder...

Lee made up for Mike's lazy attitude in not shunting me off, by shunting me off. Although tyre choice kind of messed up Mike's race...get a grip @Mikepjbell  🙈

Hopefully @Bluebear  has enough credits to get Gr.3 and Gr.4 cars, although the PP race at the end of the night was a lot of fun in crappy cars.

I'll put up this week's race in the calendar shortly, Willow Springs.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

It was a good race, annoying to have messed up so I couldn't see my fuel as it hampered how fast I could go though thanks to Lee and you battling, taking each other off and getting penalties did make it much easier.

Willow springs is always a good race as that last corner is a pain! The few times I've raced it for the cafe books/circuit experience it seems harder on 7 than sport.  Maybe I just need more practise 😄

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

Yeah, first week wasn't too bad actually. I seemed more consistent initially but then the penalties started coming and when you chase to push a little more when tyres are going off, they really drop off and mistake happen (soz Phil). Either way, if you do make a mistake now though you get punished for it in the main with large penalties which i think is correct overall. I still took heart though as only one or two major errors made the race harder. I felt quick and Phil had to do a ton of defending...it felt like the cars were twice as wide! 🤣

Thanks for sorting Philly, I need to now get back on the FG Achievements as we managed to rack up a few things in that race too which was nice to see.

Quick update:

Got the Supra Gr.4 from International B last night, and I also now have enough money to uhm and ahh over which Gr.3 car to get.

I'm leaning towards the Ferrari 458 Gr.3, but is there some sort of free play mode where I can try out any car in this game or not?

1562265543_Starletlogsig.png.19b3c199efb193f2f7d11a161bf5a2d6.png

21 minutes ago, Bluebear said:

Quick update:

is there some sort of free play mode where I can try out any car in this game or not?

That would be a great idea but no, not I'm the game.

Best all round Gr.3 cars are the Toyota and the Porsche. 

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

1 hour ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Yeah, first week wasn't too bad actually. I seemed more consistent initially but then the penalties started coming and when you chase to push a little more when tyres are going off, they really drop off and mistake happen (soz Phil). Either way, if you do make a mistake now though you get punished for it in the main with large penalties which i think is correct overall. I still took heart though as only one or two major errors made the race harder. I felt quick and Phil had to do a ton of defending...it felt like the cars were twice as wide! 🤣

Thanks for sorting Philly, I need to now get back on the FG Achievements as we managed to rack up a few things in that race too which was nice to see.

Lol yeah, plonking my car on the apex of certain corners was the only way to stop you 🤗

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

6 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

That would be a great idea but no, not I'm the game.

Best all round Gr.3 cars are the Toyota and the Porsche. 

Might go for the 'yota again because I used that in Sport for a bit, but still.... red Italian sports car. Might just do that instead, #yolo

Having missed 2 weeks of League racing already I'm of the opinion that I might just have fun in a less competitive car anyway

3 hours ago, Bluebear said:

Might go for the 'yota again because I used that in Sport for a bit, but still.... red Italian sports car. Might just do that instead, #yolo

Having missed 2 weeks of League racing already I'm of the opinion that I might just have fun in a less competitive car anyway

With regards missing races, there's 14 league races but the league will be looking at your best 10 finishes, so missing a few doesn't have an effect on the final placing👍

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

4 hours ago, Bluebear said:

Quick update:

Got the Supra Gr.4 from International B last night, and I also now have enough money to uhm and ahh over which Gr.3 car to get.

I'm leaning towards the Ferrari 458 Gr.3, but is there some sort of free play mode where I can try out any car in this game or not?

The kinda is actually.  Once you’ve done enough to unlock sport mode.  If you enter a Gr3 race you can choose rent a car.  Which will allow you to pick any Gr3 car.

It’s not ideal as if you try out a bad car it can hurt your DR rating.  So it depend you care about that.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

Ended up buying the 458 Gr.3. Had a quick testing session on Deep Forest and got a best time of 1:29.xx (forget what exactly). Feels very comfortable already and a lot more stable than I expected!

I'll do a quick few laps on Willow Springs and post up my best lap times; it'll be interesting to compare with whatever you lot get on the Thursday night!

EDIT: 1:14.746 is my best on Willow Springs (Big Willow layout) so far but not the smoothest. The little group of corners 3-5 (after the first long righthander), and the very last long righthander are messing me up a bit. So hard to get a clear idea of where to start turning in on that last one because there's sod all reference points

EDIT EDIT: Just noticed that the Willow Springs race is a Gr.4 race! Whoops! Will try it with the Gr.4 I have.

Second league race was a tough one, results below.

I'll post the first league table up after race 3. Calendar event up shortly for this week.

1. Kiwi

2. Leeeeeeeeeeigh 

3. Philly

4. CBA

5. Bones

6. Nick

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

@slamminbones Yep, we had a few good laps but that last corner can go and sod off. Problem with it is if you go off slightly, it just gets worse and worse and it takes a year to get back on track 😅

Interlagos will be interesting, I've never really driven on it before! Will get some practice in later tonight.

Last week was actually a close battle. My most consistent race for a while too, I led for a good few laps and then stayed with Kiwi within 2 seconds until I went off track at the high looping corner which made it a scary last lap to retake Phil for second. Great to see @JBR-Kiwi  back at the races, @LordBaguette  having his most consistent race so far and @Bluebear  and @slamminbones having a great battle throughout.

Great race last night, eventhough trying to do a no stop on Hards saw me come last 😅

I was experimenting with settings last night and I think I'll give that a miss from now on.

I was also gobsmacked that Softs lasted the full 11 laps...so much for my testing 😥

I'll post up the results and league table tomorrow after @GazzaGarratt shows me how to embed it in the forum 👍

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Not sure if it's just me but I'm not able to create an event at the moment. For the time being I'll put this week's race details here.

FG League race #4

Trial Mountain Reverse

Gr.3

10 laps

x2 Fuel x 2 Tyres

Any tyres

No pitting necessary this week.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I was surprised that I managed to get a full 11 laps out of a single set of Softs, although as @slamminbones can attest, it was getting very uncertain going into corners at the end 😅

I shall be there this week!

Name Wk 1 Wk 2 Wk 3 Wk 4 Points
Leeeeeigh 15 20 20 12 67
Philly 20 15 11 20 66
Greboth 25 0 15 25 65
Kiwi 0 25 25 0 50
Nick 0 10 12 15 37
CBA 11 12 0 11 34
Bones 0 11 0 11 22
Satchel 12 0 0 0 12

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

League table is finally up, and after four races @GazzaGarratt is riding high. Long way to go and a few races have been missed by the main contenders, so all still to play for.

This Thursday will be Gr.3 at Brands Hatch. I'll put up the calendar shortly. 

Might have a week off the following week as it's the day before the meet up, let us know what you think.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg