Football (Played with Feet)

Madjonny

Can't believe Championship is slowly getting going again already, where has the time gone?? Hopefully the small break will help keep the league competitive way into next year. Its definitely been a mental year in the Championship as everyone is beating everyone. This is the year for some surprises in that top 6.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

Oxford 0-3 Arsenal 

We kept Arsenal’s first team comfortably at bay for 63 minutes but fell apart defensively after such a strong first half display where they didn’t even have a shot on target. We barely have any forward options so goals were always gonna be hard to get but we just didn’t create enough. Should’ve tightened up at the back too on the hour mark really. I honestly couldn’t believe how many times their players went down like a sack of shit every 5 minutes feigning injury though - even Saka was at it which was disappointing to see and he had a shocker all game. These Prem players are a joke and the ref bought everything. I’ll be surprised if Arsenal win anything this season though - thought Forest Green were more impressive😎

F00F251B-B571-4CC8-9E12-F6444B23E863.jpeg

15 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Oxford 2-1 Ipswich (I think - couldn’t see anything)😂

image.thumb.jpeg.6ea0f8ca2d24a6ddbbdb406b7b9925b1.jpeg

There was a chant going "I can't see anything, I can't see anything, I can't see anything, I can't see anything."

Today in 1995 Eric Cantona kung-fu kicked a racist. One of my favourite non-Spurs football memories 😅

Spurs have showed Conte some backing today picking up a player that got relegated with Bournemouth 🙈

With the Arse playing so well it has been a stinker of a season so far...at least for me.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

5 hours ago, phil bottle said:

Today in 1995 Eric Cantona kung-fu kicked a racist. One of my favourite non-Spurs football memories 😅

Spurs have showed Conte some backing today picking up a player that got relegated with Bournemouth 🙈

With the Arse playing so well it has been a stinker of a season so far...at least for me.

I remember that Kung Fu kick it was iconic. 

Yeah Arsenal are doing particularly well so far. It's their league to lose atm. 

Winter transfer window comes to an end today and it's been quite busy this year. I've spent the last month manfully ignoring click bait articles on NewsNow 🙂

But looks like Porro to Spurs is a real thing and Danjuma managed to score a goal on his debut, flukey though it was.

I like Doherty but he's never been comfortable in a Spurs shirt, I wish him well if he goes to Atletico.

Cheatsksi and Arse nil have been splashing the cash but a youngster Spurs picked up from the blue scum looks like a bright prospect to immediately be put out on loan.

Wondering if the injury to Eriksson will make Utd splurge before the window shuts....

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Conte is out for the foseeable future and we're playing against a sovereign wealth fund on Sunday, so that will be fun.

Hope the gaffer is OK, having your gall bladder removed sounds pretty hardcore 😥

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

We made an absolute balls up of the Transfe deadline day. We were looking to get 2 deals in really late, and we missed the 11pm deadline. Rovers fans were quite acromonius online and whilst there is definitely blame internally, the information on why the EFL rejected our paperwork on the 2 deals just before 11pm is quite laughable really. Lewis O'brien has an agent with the surname Sharpe. Apparently we wrote Sharp instead. The other deal for a up and coming star at Rochdale, the lad unfortunately didn't tick the 'White and British' boxes on your background. When we submitted updated forms it was past 11pm.

For once, if this is absolutely the reasons, even though the EFL have never accepted an appeal on late paperwork, I would like to see some precedent set to these deals. Whats really sad is that O'Brien is now out of the squad officially at Nottingham Forest so he can't play for the next 6 months which I find unacceptable considering this is his job and livelihood. Fwiw, I think this is a good watch to explain in front of the camera from a Director of Football.

19 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

We made an absolute balls up of the Transfe deadline day. We were looking to get 2 deals in really late, and we missed the 11pm deadline. Rovers fans were quite acromonius online and whilst there is definitely blame internally, the information on why the EFL rejected our paperwork on the 2 deals just before 11pm is quite laughable really. Lewis O'brien has an agent with the surname Sharpe. Apparently we wrote Sharp instead. The other deal for a up and coming star at Rochdale, the lad unfortunately didn't tick the 'White and British' boxes on your background. When we submitted updated forms it was past 11pm.

For once, if this is absolutely the reasons, even though the EFL have never accepted an appeal on late paperwork, I would like to see some precedent set to these deals. Whats really sad is that O'Brien is now out of the squad officially at Nottingham Forest so he can't play for the next 6 months which I find unacceptable considering this is his job and livelihood. Fwiw, I think this is a good watch to explain in front of the camera from a Director of Football.

I think that's just one of those situations... I wouldn't blame the EFL on this occasion. If you don't have you paperwork in order, no matter how small the errors, it shouldn't be accepted.

It is however a shame because it would've been good to see these young players get some good championship playing time!

Good result for Spurs this week! Conte will be running down the halls in the hospital after that Kane goal! 😂

Also a good result for the Seagulls! Mitoma is looking fantastic at the moment. Can't wait to sell him for another 40+mill profit 😂 I don't know how Brighton's scouts keep doing it!

58 minutes ago, James5497 said:

Good result for Spurs this week! Conte will be running down the halls in the hospital after that Kane goal! 😂

Also a good result for the Seagulls! Mitoma is looking fantastic at the moment. Can't wait to sell him for another 40+mill profit 😂 I don't know how Brighton's scouts keep doing it!

Agreed, genuinely have to take my hat off to Brighton. They keep losing their players to other teams but look where they are.

As for Spurs, nice to see one season wonder Harry Kane bag his 200th premier league goal. For a player everyone keeps saying he's going to leave Spurs every season for the last 8 or 9 years its funny how he's ended up scoring 267 goals for us 😉

To be fair, if he jogged off now to a European giant outside England I'd say he deserves it, he's done us proud. 

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Watch them get a £500,000 fine and a 1pt deduction suspended for a year 

_124081601_mancity.jpg
WWW.BBC.CO.UK

The Premier League charges Manchester City with more than 100 breaches of its financial rules following a four-year investigation.

Be interesting to see if the EPL and UEFA actually follow through or if they will let them get away with cheating for more than a decade. Only the Italian FA have the balls to take severe action against their own top teams.

3 hours ago, James5497 said:

If you don't have you paperwork in order, no matter how small the errors, it shouldn't be accepted.

A wholeheartedly agree - the only point i'd make is that everything in life should have a level of common sense lens on it. The fields asked weren't critical to the deal so I'd say in these instances they should review the forms and make it clear what is absolutely needed for next time.

2 hours ago, phil bottle said:

As for Spurs, nice to see one season wonder Harry Kane bag his 200th premier league goal. For a player everyone keeps saying he's going to leave Spurs every season for the last 8 or 9 years its funny how he's ended up scoring 267 goals for us 😉

To be fair, if he jogged off now to a European giant outside England I'd say he deserves it, he's done us proud. 

Loved seeing that yesterday, for all that England fans and other teams say that he's not World Class, I just frankly disagree. No other top English striker has matched his record across multiple years whilst he's been around.

1 hour ago, GazzaGarratt said:

A wholeheartedly agree - the only point i'd make is that everything in life should have a level of common sense lens on it. The fields asked weren't critical to the deal so I'd say in these instances they should review the forms and make it clear what is absolutely needed for next time.

I want to agree with you but this isn't a Sunday League team, I just wouldn't expect these mistakes from a Championship Team.

I do however think it's a massive shame that the league can't just highlight the mistakes to amend before/ or after the Transfer window close to help both parties.

1 hour ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Watch them get a £500,000 fine and a 1pt deduction suspended for a year 

_124081601_mancity.jpg
WWW.BBC.CO.UK

The Premier League charges Manchester City with more than 100 breaches of its financial rules following a four-year investigation.

Be interesting to see if the EPL and UEFA actually follow through or if they will let them get away with cheating for more than a decade. Only the Italian FA have the balls to take severe action against their own top teams.

Unfortunately I highly doubt serious action will be taken. Although I am interested in what caused this action to be taken, what rules were broken?

4 minutes ago, MrBiron said:

Who supports a team in the Championship? You'll be playing us (Leeds United) next season by the looks of it 🥲 

The Sean Dyche effect unfortunately for you yesterday. Its not all bad, the CHampionship this year is really poor so its just as likely you get to watch your team win most weeks for a whole season and go back up again.