Football (Played with Feet)

Madjonny

13 minutes ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Nick Pope done himself out of a place in the League Cup final yesterday and now Newcastle may have to resort to Karius in goal

images%20-%202023-02-18T201915.760.jpeg

What was he thinking!?

I don't agree in the rule personally where he handballs outside of the box its an automatic red card. If you watch it in normal time you can see he slips as misjudges the header and he never meant it. Now he has to miss the final which is ridiculous in itself. You never know when your last chance as a footballer comes along to win a trophy and this seems unjust to me. Lets remember the World Cup changed the yellow/red card system a while back after seeing the impact it had on Gazza in 1990. His ban shouldn't crossover to the cup game imo.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

11 minutes ago, NCA-Paendrag said:

He grabs the ball from the attacker though. Very clumsy, but right decision imo.

Won't deny he stops the striker from getting it, you just know when its accidental and not on purpose though. Can see why he is sent off still based on the rules...I'm probably more frustrated at how the subsequent penalty for Pope means he misses a cup final. (Can't believe I'm sticking up for a Newcastle player yet here we are 😄).

1 hour ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Won't deny he stops the striker from getting it, you just know when its accidental and not on purpose though. Can see why he is sent off still based on the rules...I'm probably more frustrated at how the subsequent penalty for Pope means he misses a cup final. (Can't believe I'm sticking up for a Newcastle player yet here we are 😄).

Well, I'm a Man Utd fan so doesnt bother me 😄

But you can be sure Karius will have the game of his life now 😳

4 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I don't agree in the rule personally where he handballs outside of the box its an automatic red card. If you watch it in normal time you can see he slips as misjudges the header and he never meant it. Now he has to miss the final which is ridiculous in itself. You never know when your last chance as a footballer comes along to win a trophy and this seems unjust to me. Lets remember the World Cup changed the yellow/red card system a while back after seeing the impact it had on Gazza in 1990. His ban shouldn't crossover to the cup game imo.

Should've definitely gone for it with his feet. I don't think it's always a red card if a keeper handles outside the box but any deliberate handball from a keeper or denial of a goalscoring opportunity will aggravate. I think here he's guilty of both after a pretty calamitous decision to head the ball. Poor defending though - how many times have we seen Alisson to Salah from a kick to a one-on-one breakaway..

17 hours ago, James5497 said:

Good result for Tottenham this weekend. Nice to see Sonny back on the scoresheet.

I'd like to see some consistency but we seem very Jekyll and Hyde right now.

I was very pleased for Emerson Royal, he gets a lot of stick but he's a trier and I love that about him.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

12 hours ago, phil bottle said:

Liverpool 2 - 5 Real Madrid

LFC actually went 2 nil up but it was a night of very silly goals mixed in with a couple of beauties. That Vinicius is quality.

The 'keepers had a mare last night. Such a random game but always nice to see lots of goals go in.

I think my despair at Blues is really crippling my love of the sport at the moment.

Yet more charges to come for the club and people at it from the EFL, this time for allowing people to run the club (part of the recent takeover attempt) without passing the proper tests etc. Our current ownership is so inept and really shouldn't be anywhere near a football club.

There is an investigative journalist who has been looking into the ownership for years and he has found the only reason they are holding onto our club is because the company that owns Blues need to have an asset such as the club in order for them to be on the hong kong stock exchange. If they did not have Blues they would not be allowed to trade on there. The problem with this is it does not matter what state the club is in, so long as it continues to function. It won't matter if it drops down the leagues, loses millions every year etc it just need's to be functioning.

We had such a good start to the season and I think part of that was due to the potential takeover but the wheels have certainly come off since that all fell through.

Think I am going to just ignore Birmingham until we get new owners as it's just a bit sh*t and start following Stourbridge my local club.

Luseth.png

Just now, phil bottle said:

Bravo Blackburn Rovers 👊🙂

💙🤍

Played like a fully fledged Premiership team last night. Literally played Leicester off the park and its the first time looking back through the year I can finally feel like this team IS good enough. You always hope your team does well in league and in cups but there's always been a realism to the squads limits. Jon Dahl Tomasson is a bloody good coach and taking us to another level.

8 minutes ago, Neatstorm said:

Another disappointing display.

Yeah, as soon as I saw the team sheet I could feel it in my bones.

If you don't put your best side out in these games and finish them early it's always going to end that way.

Baldock should have been sent off but fair play to Sheffield.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

8 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

Yeah, as soon as I saw the team sheet I could feel it in my bones.

If you don't put your best side out in these games and finish them early it's always going to end that way.

Baldock should have been sent off but fair play to Sheffield.

I don't understand it. Sanchez looked terrible, so did Porro. Richarlison looked like he didn't want to be there. Son did nothing. It was a terrible display.

Shameful display from Spurs really. That was Sheffield United's second string on top! Sanchez is a woeful player and Perisic is finished. You knew by the hour mark that Utd were going to win because Spurs offered nothing throughout and there was no sign of them improving. Just like the Middlesbrough game the other year, it was always going to end with such a predictable outcome. With so many weaker sides left in the tournament, this was a real opportunity for Spurs too.