An announcement

Diddums

Well, I've been thinking about this for ages and I think it's time for me to step down as the site's main admin. First off let me say that this is a step which has been deliberated for months, and it's a very big move for me. We started this place together and made it our home, we have grown to become a family and I'm grateful for all the folks I've met on here. That said, I'm not going anywhere, and my reasons for this move will be explained shortly. I'll still be the site founder, I'll still be here, but I think my time as admin has been served and with @GazzaGarratt looking after the place, the site is in good hands and I'm confident he'll continue to be the admin this family needs and deserves. 

My reason for leaving is a personal one which has many aspects, the most important and biggest one being time and limited access. My degree resumes in October which takes up a considerable amount of my free time, and my overtime is showing no signs of stopping any time soon so I'd rather Lee take over full time. On top of this, I've neglected the forum considerably over the last few months which gives me a guilty conscience about it because I feel I should be doing more. This in turn makes the forum a bit of a sour aspect for me which is a huge contributing factor of me not posting much. By removing that responsibility once more and hopping in the passenger seat, I will be more likely to post as I can come here and chill out without thinking of what needs to be done. 

The site started off as a project I did mainly on nights when I worked at BT which meant I had tons of time and access 24/7. My new job means I work 7 days a week almost all the time and access to FG is restricted, which makes it a pain in the arse to post or do anything. This coupled with the guilt I feel for neglecting the place and my arsed runs out very soon. 

Not sure what else to say really. This has been a massive part of my life for a long time, it was my baby and I nurtured it to become one of the best places for us gamers to hang out on the web, but sadly my life has changed and rather than cling on to it like a first born child and neglect it until people start leaving (again), I'm handing it over to Lee once and for all.

As I said I'll still be here, I'm not going anywhere, I'm just relieving myself of the responsibility so I can focus on my studies and my career and not suffer the guilt of letting the place go to shit. 

Apologies for the long wall of text, I can't even begin to tell you how much this means to me, but it's time and I can't think of a better owner than Lee.

I love you all!

Cheers,

Dids

banlol.png

23 minutes ago, TigerBurge said:

Shut the fuck up Didds

No u

Check it out, here's thread no. 1, from over 4 years ago!

@Greboth to get an idea of how this place started and the work we all put in to it, go to the last page of this subforum, loads of history there.

banlol.png

3 hours ago, Diddums said:

I will be more likely to post as I can come here and chill out without thinking of what needs to be done. 

Tldr, the above is all that everyone else needs to know.

Dave, if you don't follow through with posting more now you've wrote this I'm gonna come down to London and bumfuck you with a rotten cucumber riddled with razorblades.

I love you David. You cunt. :769_heart:

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

First can I say that everyone's comments so far are fucking brilliant.

Dave you gota do what you gota dude and that's play 7 days to die with us! :lol:

Seriously though, have always loved it place and always will. You've made a proper home for us here....you cunt ❤️ Sorry was getting a bit too soppy 😉