Vault of Glass Upgraded Raid

GazzaGarratt

Spire: Nothing changed here.

Entering the Vault: If you follow the path below the first chest (the path we follow to get the first Ghost at Paradox Mission to do the alternate ending), you will find a new chest. This chest had only fragments inside them, from old raids. Check it when the VoG feature the Weekly Raid.

Templar's Well: Here some changes has been made in old safe places.

Structure:

• We cannot do the Oracles from the top anymore.
  • The safe spot above the Templar is a timed death zone now, with a counter of "Turn Back".
  • The room to the left of the Templar is closed now and only opens when we kill the Templar.
  • The stone platform in front of the left room its higher now anda we can't jump over it. (another "Turn Back" zone if you go much higher).

Mechanics (Confluxes/Oracles):

• The Oracles now appear faster and in a higher number than usual
  • Harpies now explode if you approach them, like the Suplicants from Atheon.
  • The Cleaning Well still ther to purify us.
  • This phase ends faster due to the quickness of the Oracles spawn time and the amout of Oracles at a time.

Templar's Encounter:

• The Templar's Oracles are RED, like the ones that appear at Atheon's Time Gates. Losing one means a Wipe. The Aegis cannot protect you from that.
  • The Templar teleports in less time now.
  • Down to the Gorgon Labyrinth: We didn't find anything new here, using the two paths possible.

Gorgon's Labyrinth: didn't find anything new here too.

Vault Of Glass - Jump Puzzle: Nothing abnormal here.

Throne of Glass:
Gatekeeper Encounter:

• The Gatekeeper teleports faster if receive a certain amount of damage.
  • A third Aegis appeared after we killed the Gatekeeper (the first one, outside the portals). We didn't manage to discover its function, as the encounter proceeded the same way it used to be. Maybe its use is disabled until the Raid is the Weekly.

Atheon's Encounter:

• The only change we noted is that the Oracles are in minor number, but appear faster.

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

So Oracles are quicker. You need some more co-ordination than usual. We did tremendously badly, but I personally don't think they are that bad if we have a switched on co-ordinated team.

I think not trying to forget there is snipers around the edge is one definite task to remember.

Via the FG App

Forum Signature Test.png

Ran a long raid with a LFG group and got through most of it, here are my thoughts on the tricky bits

confluxes and oracles, both ok, I think if you struggled with the confluxes its possible due to lack of raid weapons, Need that oracle disruptor perk, vicious circle though as you need to get past oracles to get a weapons drop. Will get easier as we all get gear. Oracles for me as all about roles, counter sniping and add control so important with two people on oracle patrol.

The Templar challenge. Actually just seen a 105 second cheese video on the destiny forum, worth looking at. We did it from the right hand side with relic holder blocking the left teleport, and 1 guy blocking the right teleport. 

Was tough, Titan bubbles and storm caller orb generation essential. Two people with swords to kill the adds, two people with galley and snipers to do most if the damage. He's a sitting duck if you can survive the adds.

aetheon later.

Aetheon challenge OMG. Nobody will get this without hard work and learning roles, a regular team would help no end. The requirement for every person to kill a oracle every round just makes it fraught with cock up potential. 

Remember you have to kill the oracles in the right order , which in the chaos is hard enough.

on the plus side I reckon two clean runs will kill him, but try getting those two clean runs . Fucking hard

The raid last night was frickin ace.

Thanks to @Baabcat, @Venom, @crispymorgan, @Stretch616 and @Greboth.

Defending the confluxes can be a bit mental and we ended up getting by with Greboth still alive. Oracles are a little more intense than previous version, you def need someone on sniper duty again.

Challenge mode was great to do at that stage too. Stretch did an amazing job of jumping between each teleport whilst Charlie smashed him with his tether. We put Weapons of light bubbles around and within 2 minutes he was down.

Bit before aethon seems straightforward now that they give you 3 shields rather than 2.

We tried Aethon challenge but tbh it got to the stage where we felt not playing this in a while it would be good just to get Aethon down full stop.

After a few freak wipes in the middle block when the shield didn't work, we managed to put him down.

Amazing raid still. And the phat loot was ridiculous. I got an Adept Aethons Epilogure, a Timepiece and a Praedyths Revenge.

Oh, and a mother fucking Vex sat at the postmaster! I felt like I was 8 again. Man, my life is complete with that gun.

We need to more of these. You know the rest.

Forum Signature Test.png

Was a really good laugh last night. Reminded me of why I enjoyed Destiny so much, as the VoG is just an amazing experience that (in my opinion) hasn't been topped in all the DLC. To top it all off, I dropped the Fucking Fatebringer! Only 2 years too late, but I finally got there!!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I agree Stretch, VoG is still the best raid in the game closely followed by Wrath of the Machine in my opinion.  Crota and Kings Fall you can carry people and set them easy tasks like stand their shooting rockets or sniping but WoTM and more so VoG requires everyone having a role and being on it to get through it.  It was good fun though and would be good to do it again, just a shame we wont have too long to enjoy all these adept primary's.

And yeah thanks you lot for all dying on me! Like VoG isn't bad enough to come back to having not played it in about a year to then be a lone survivor - Good job us Warlock's are the master race is all I'll say :D 

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

Yes great time last night and I thought we did pretty well given you lot are a bunch of filthy casuals.😱

we first timed confluxes and oracles and gatekeeper as well, and I knew Stretch would be the man on Templar.

charlie played a blinder on gatekeeper , not sure if you realised but he kept two relics alive for ages on Venus when crispy died. 

Aetheon on challenge is tough and Crispy made a good call, need to have VoG weapons to give it a good go. I don't know if you guys dropped any legendary primaries but that is what we need , exotics are fun but legendaries are more useful.

By the way the updates to Crota have made that a great raid , especially in challenge mode. No hiding anymore, got to go swording. It's great raid and still reasonably quick

Kings fall this week coming. The two easiest challenge modes , war priest and golgy, if you want more exotic primaries.

Thoroughly enjoyed last night.  It's the best raid by far.  Props to Charlie for keeping that relic going.  Also to stretch for ignoring my useless directions "no there, left! right!".

I'd like to run it again at some point for my second, and some may say superior hunter.

Also, Vex.

Vex

Vex

VEX!

20 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

I shall also buy a monkeybike......

6 minutes ago, Diddums said:

Well VoG can fuck right off.

Please elaborate? We did alright I thought. We just got stuck in a rut last night. At least we have the Templar checkpoint. We need to run it more, we just too casuals isall.

Forum Signature Test.png

27 minutes ago, Diddums said:

What? We didn't even get the first boss ffs.

Yeah, but we spent forever on the confluxes, one of the hardest parts. We were tired by the time we got to Templar. We'll get it this week mate. PMA mate. P.M.A.

Forum Signature Test.png

Templar is a bitch on hard because it feels like doing it the Challenge mode way is actuallt easier to cope rather than when he teleports.

Its like the Sisters fight on Oryx because of the quick wipe and restart routine but it is way more intense.

Our strat to put bubbles on the teleports to help Stretch jumping from either teleport eventually worked.

Still a brilliant feeling when you do an activity together and everyone was pumped when he goes down. I'll see if I can get the recording. Thanks all for the run last night.

Forum Signature Test.png

Considering I was on cooldown so no Special or Heavy for me, you guys rocked this. Worth it just for the last 10 seconds of Yayness. @Stretch616 @crispymorgan @Greboth @SensaiNemesis @Diddums

Forum Signature Test.png

Yeah, you can burn through heavy and special so quickly that I think by the end we were all only using primary.  Chaos dogma is great for it though due to amount of bullets you get back with triple tap and double triple tap.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

3 hours ago, Greboth said:

Yeah, you can burn through heavy and special so quickly that I think by the end we were all only using primary.  Chaos dogma is great for it though due to amount of bullets you get back with triple tap and double triple tap.

Yeah, I think that's where the trusty old Hung Jury just makes the difference with significant dps and triple tap.

All your jellies did the business too, still seems the best rocket launcher in the game. Nice ending with @Diddums hitting a final jelly to the face.

Just watched it back and can't believe how you kept going at the end @Stretch616. Thank fuck for your self-res!

Forum Signature Test.png