Dual Sense Edge

Riff Machine

It's about fucking time Sony.  I will definetly be getting this when its available.

06d8a7c076df3b090cf777525e61e9a65174f410

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*

Finally back buttons on an official controller from Sony. I'll wait to see how much these are before committing as it feels like its going to be a heavy price for a controller looking at it. Does look great though.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

Untitled-2_JuMxgkC.jpg
WWW.EUROGAMER.NET

Sony's pricey new PlayStation 5 pro controller - the DualSense Edge - will launch on 26th January 2023 and cost £…

£210. Two hundred and ten fucking pounds! Haha! Fuck right off, Sony. They're just taking the piss now but all of the fanboys will still defend bullshit like this. 

fart.gif

I was only thinking the other day while playing OW2 that I miss my back buttons.  But that price is steep!!!

Though it could be worth it in the long term.  I went through 6 ps4 controllers and all went in the bin due to stick issues.  If I could have spent £20 on new sticks rather than £60 a controller, it would have saved me £240.  So suddenly the price, along with the extra features, doesn’t seem so bad.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

59 minutes ago, MrBiron said:
Untitled-2_JuMxgkC.jpg
WWW.EUROGAMER.NET

Sony's pricey new PlayStation 5 pro controller - the DualSense Edge - will launch on 26th January 2023 and cost £…

£210. Two hundred and ten fucking pounds! Haha! Fuck right off, Sony. They're just taking the piss now but all of the fanboys will still defend bullshit like this. 

For £40 more you can get an Xbox Series S😂

Sony could've literally made SCUF obsolete and put them halfway out of business overnight but instead they've decided to put their prices in-line with them which is a farcical market justification. These controllers have insane margins so I can see why the likes of Sony drive profits through peripherals but at this rate it's taking the piss and will probably put more people off, and put their current position in the market even more questionable. The build quality on the DS4 was also pretty shit and MIcrosoft's very own Elite controllers have been known break quite easily so I'd want at least a 2 year warranty laying down this much money on just a bloody glorified pad.

Sony have so far managed to tick every box on how to fuck up so far. Just need to charge £2000 for PSVR2 and then they've completed the set. 

I'll still end up buying one.  The Xbox Elite controller was similarly priced when it released.  Actually, I could just get a Series X and use the elite instead!!  MWHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

The price feels insane. Probably because its a controller and we're still used to that type of money giving us more bang for our buck. I think I just sense they charge it because they can. The gaming market is evolving, gamers want more, so they develop more. And if SCUF and the Elite controller are already above the 150 mark, selling this for 210 won't bother them in the slightest. And as Chad says, people will still spend that money on them cos they can.

I think the main challenge will be how sturdy and long will it last - reports of many Elite controllers having to be sent back within 6 months tells me this type of tech isn't as strong as we'd like it to be. Would love to own but game wise, not sure there is much pushing me towards it just yet....maybe if we end up rolling on CoD MW2 and OW2 hard then I'll consider it.

The majority of elite controllers are always pricey.  Now, if these things have the track record of say SCUF controllers and just break down or fuck up within 30 days, that'll be another thing altogether.

Reading about this on other discussion boards, quite a few people said they were already using ExtremeRate back buttons.  So I thought I’d give them a go and so far so good.

If you want to be able use L3/R3 or the touchpad button on the back buttons you need to do some soldering.  Otherwise it’s basically disassemble the controller, replace a couple of ribbon cables and put it back together with their back on.

I went for the 2 button version as only really care about jump and duck being.  I fitted it yesterday in about 40 mins and only tested everything works but so far so good.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

Fair play @Greboth, I just don't think I could spend time doing that...and knowing full well I'd screw it up too 😅

If there are replacement parts for the most common areas that gto wrong, then this controller might not be all bad. The £20 replacement sticks make it sound like it may be something that we could work with.

So the DSE has about 12 hours battery life which reduces to about 6 with 'wear' when compared to the Elite Series 2 which is up to 40 hours. The original DS5 wasn't great - topping at about 15 hours but to only get a piddly 12 hours for a device that costs almost half the price of a console is insane. Would've been better off going old school and having 2AA batteries🤣

On 12/21/2022 at 10:08 AM, J4MES OX4D said:

So the DSE has about 12 hours battery life which reduces to about 6 with 'wear' when compared to the Elite Series 2 which is up to 40 hours. The original DS5 wasn't great - topping at about 15 hours but to only get a piddly 12 hours for a device that costs almost half the price of a console is insane. Would've been better off going old school and having 2AA batteries🤣

Awww man. That sucks. Still usable, but not as appealing as first shown. I've got so used to wireless controllers even though they probably don't really need to be given how far I am away from the consoles.

Since I bought a Series X, I've put buying this on the back burner.  I've got my Elite 2 and friggin love that thing.  Typical Sony though.