Modern Warfare 2(022)

J4MES OX4D

2 hours ago, Bluebear said:

Ta, I'll try that if I can be bothered to do another playthrough 😄

You can also just select the individual missions in the campaign menu along with the difficulty which is handy for filling in any leftover achievements without having to go through the whole game again. 

6 hours ago, MrBiron said:
  Reveal hidden contents

The way Graves died was totally shit. You get a shitty battle with the tank that was tedious and then it blows up and that's it. I was hoping he'd get cornered and get executed by Soap or Alejandro.

Spoiler

Agreed. Absolutely no payoff at all.

1562265543_Starletlogsig.png.19b3c199efb193f2f7d11a161bf5a2d6.png

10 hours ago, MrBiron said:
  Hide contents

The way Graves died was totally shit. You get a shitty battle with the tank that was tedious and then it blows up and that's it. I was hoping he'd get cornered and get executed by Soap or Alejandro.

The didn't even check that he was dead after all that either! Really uninspired and outdated boss fight overall. We've already seen a similar boss battle in 1998's Metal Gear Solid with Vulcan Raven where you challenge a tank in the snow surrounded by hidden Claymores and have to aim the C4 or grenades in the turret hole. 

I also refuse to believe that a tiny bit of C4 in MWII battle could destroy a tank like that especially when it barely makes an explosion. 

3 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

The didn't even check that he was dead after all that either! Really uninspired and outdated boss fight overall. We've already seen a similar boss battle in 1998's Metal Gear Solid with Vulcan Raven where you challenge a tank in the snow surrounded by hidden Claymores and have to aim the C4 or grenades in the turret hole. 

I also refuse to believe that a tiny bit of C4 in MWII battle could destroy a tank like that especially when it barely makes an explosion. 

Really. Those tanks just die die die in battlefield with a C4 charge.

https://www.callofduty.com/uk/en/blog/2022/10/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-II-multiplayer-launch-overview-maps

Overview of what to expect at launch.

NO Kill Confirmed! What in the actual fuck?! This would be enough to make me cancel my pre-order if I hadn't already played the campaign.

What's changed from the beta? Basically fuck all.  Seems Hardline is now a main perk and Quick Fix is an ultimate one. Still no Ninja or Dead Silence as a perk.

Oh yeah! Hardcore has been renamed to Tier 1. For some stupid reason. Seems IW just like changes shit for no reason whatsoever.

fart.gif

4 hours ago, MrBiron said:

https://www.callofduty.com/uk/en/blog/2022/10/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-II-multiplayer-launch-overview-maps

Overview of what to expect at launch.

NO Kill Confirmed! What in the actual fuck?! This would be enough to make me cancel my pre-order if I hadn't already played the campaign.

What's changed from the beta? Basically fuck all.  Seems Hardline is now a main perk and Quick Fix is an ultimate one. Still no Ninja or Dead Silence as a perk.

Oh yeah! Hardcore has been renamed to Tier 1. For some stupid reason. Seems IW just like changes shit for no reason whatsoever.

Surely it's a mistake, Kill Confirmed is superb and popular? 

Would suck if it's not there. 

44 minutes ago, IRaMPaGe said:

Surely it's a mistake, Kill Confirmed is superb and popular? 

Would suck if it's not there. 

It's apparently going to be a featured game mode. Or, more likely, they'll add it for a new season as some "new" content. 

fart.gif

1 hour ago, MrBiron said:

It's apparently going to be a featured game mode. Or, more likely, they'll add it for a new season as some "new" content. 

Makes me sad, why does a regular staple get relegated to the only every once in a while featured mode? 

I know you don't have the answer or it's your fault MrBiron........ But can't they put 3rd person or Knockout or some other weird experimental game mode that nobody gives a shit about in that featured category?

1 hour ago, IRaMPaGe said:

Makes me sad, why does a regular staple get relegated to the only every once in a while featured mode? 

I know you don't have the answer or it's your fault MrBiron........ But can't they put 3rd person or Knockout or some other weird experimental game mode that nobody gives a shit about in that featured category?

I don't know a number of modes are missing  Kill confirm, crank, grind, capture the flag, drop zone.  Maybe those will all rotate in and be special events. I would be ok with that if they make them double XP or something special to make them part of the "irregular" play list. 

I tend to play DOM or Hardpoint anyways. I would prefer to see grind over kill confirm. I find that you are very well rewarded to play the objective there as opposed to some asshole camping a dog tag to accumulate kills.  Will see come friday

4 hours ago, cyberninja2601 said:

I don't know a number of modes are missing  Kill confirm, crank, grind, capture the flag, drop zone.  Maybe those will all rotate in and be special events. I would be ok with that if they make them double XP or something special to make them part of the "irregular" play list. 

I tend to play DOM or Hardpoint anyways. I would prefer to see grind over kill confirm. I find that you are very well rewarded to play the objective there as opposed to some asshole camping a dog tag to accumulate kills.  Will see come friday

Domination and Kill Confirmed are my favourites. 

Grind is kinda cool and intense if your hoarding a lot of tags. 

I'm just not into the gimmicky modes that the novelty wears away quickly. 

Sure it's nice to try new things, but the tried and tested modes should always be available. 

Yeah sucks if someone camps tags for kills. That type of playstyle unfortunately exists in any game mode. 

You can be on the hardpoint defending and playing the objective. 

You can also camp near the hardpoint and poach people. 

It's still defending, but a much more lame version. 

Capture the flag is underated tho for sure. A great game mode and very dynamic. 

5 minutes ago, techno said:

No kill confirmed if true is another massive fail imo as it was my go-to gamemode that and a bit of Dom I've got no real interest in any of the other shit. 

Will see tomorrow I guess.

It will most likely be added down the line.

slamminbones.png

5 hours ago, slamminbones said:

It will most likely be added down the line.

Yeah hopefully, why should we have to wait for it....... 

The thrill you get when you land a triple kill and pick up about 6 tags immediately is awesome. 

TDM is dead and dry for me since Kill Confirmed existed. 

Domination is quite rough solo sometimes if your the only one trying for the objective. 

At least in Kill Confirmed you can pick up 20-30 tags and make a difference on your own. 

Kill confirmed will be a rotational playlist thing I believe as there is screenshots of it on the blog.

Watching some early streams and KC is confirmed (lol pun intended) to be in!

In other news I went against all my instinct and bought the game, so who is ready to lock and load on launch night?

I do play MP on my xbox though, so hopefully you PS boys wont mind turning crossplay on to link up with a leper 😂

52 minutes ago, Plumbers Crack said:

Tag Whore!! 😂😂😂

Sometimes it's got to be done if your team isn't up to much and playing solo. 

I do try pick them up if I can, there are games that are going to the wire and 10 tags a piece each. 

I will throw myself on them for that W. 

Playing Shipment Vanguard or Das Haus, I've seen me grab over 40 confirms on rare occasions. 

6 hours ago, anticonscience said:

Kill confirmed will be a rotational playlist thing I believe as there is screenshots of it on the blog.

Watching some early streams and KC is confirmed (lol pun intended) to be in!

In other news I went against all my instinct and bought the game, so who is ready to lock and load on launch night?

Good to hear about KC I had seen the emblem on the gamemode list.

Also I'm the same as you, I will buy the game against my better judgement though if it wasn't for the forum Id likely give it a miss at least for a while.

Well after a few games it plays a hell of a lot better than the beta did (connection wise) which I’m so happy about.

I got smacked in most games but still had fun and put that down to the fact it’s only the true hardcore playing at the minute.

20 minutes ago, MrBiron said:

Turns out that Kill Confirmed is in the game. How incompetent do you have to be to not know which games modes are in your own game? 🤦‍♂️

Maybe they just wanted to troll and see who would complain. It was listed in all of the data mines. I figured they would know better but I guess not 🙂