Tom Clancy's XDefiant

J4MES OX4D

I worry for them that it still won't get enough traction when it does come out. Maybe some on PC, but I doubt they will be able to crack the console market with this.

Forum Signature Test.png

16 hours ago, phil bottle said:

It's out now, and it's free. Probably worth a punt, though I'm personally not planning on it. 

No Steam, no play. Only making it available on Ubisoft connect immediately kills 95% of your potential reach. Glad it's finally released but I don't have the desire to even try it. 

Some have been playing it - @techno @LordBaguette @Macca89 @Mitch @MrBiron I've downloaded it but not really sure why lol. I don't think its a cod killer by any means. I mean first off, CoD can kill itself pretty easily as we've all seen, but this game hasn't had really any marketing and for a free game to hit hard it needs that early thousands flock to it like Apex Legends did.

With no SBMM, I think you'll find you wanted to like it, but in reality it just doesn't give you enough satisfaction back....and SBMM would've actually helped with that to a degree.

Forum Signature Test.png

9 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Some have been playing it - @techno @LordBaguette @Macca89 @Mitch @MrBiron I've downloaded it but not really sure why lol. I don't think its a cod killer by any means. I mean first off, CoD can kill itself pretty easily as we've all seen, but this game hasn't had really any marketing and for a free game to hit hard it needs that early thousands flock to it like Apex Legends did.

With no SBMM, I think you'll find you wanted to like it, but in reality it just doesn't give you enough satisfaction back....and SBMM would've actually helped with that to a degree.

I disagree I like there is no sbmm, every game is different and it actually forces you to get better, there is lobby balancing which is fine. A cod killer? Obviously people will make that distinction though I don't see it as it's just different and as blame truth said he doesn't want to see cod game mechanics added as they are not needed. 

As for the game, I'm 6+hours in and really having fun with it using different set ups etc to complete challenges and unlock stuff. The fact people actually play the objective is a welcome bonus too.

If it gets enough content and they sort out the few issues some are having it's worth every penny it cost.

Game is not doing too well after a promising start

METRO.CO.UK

Ubisoft shooter XDefiant might result in more layoffs at the company, as sources claim that player numbers are in significant decline.

With BO6 imminent, I think it may very well be on the brink and support will be dropped entirely.