Tom Clancy's XDefiant

J4MES OX4D

Oh go fuck yourselves Ubisoft! Tom Clancy must be turning in his grave seeing his name used in such a tacky and tasteless way. XDefiant is basically Ubisoft's answer to Call of Duty being a 6v6 deathmatch-based game. It's free to play and looks absolute trash. If this is a sign of things to come with Ubisoft's new 'Originals' strategy of free games then it'll be the death of them and good riddance. Their last F2P shooter Hyper Scape was dead after a couple of weeks and this will probably go the same way. Meanwhile the community are gagging for a new Splinter Cell and have been for over a decade now..

1 minute ago, phil bottle said:

I put mine up slightly before yours, but yours has writing and stuff so I'll delete my one. Talk about 'snap" 😁

Oh sorry Phil and cheers! I must have missed it whilst I was falling off my chair coming to terms with this crap🤣

ubisoft to splinter cell fans: oh you wanted a new sneaky splinter cell with great levels, varied ways to tackle each objective, many tools etc, you know what the name is known for? XD

they aren't even trying to hide their trolling and how little they care about it

22 minutes ago, Tar-Eruntalion said:

ubisoft to splinter cell fans: oh you wanted a new sneaky splinter cell with great levels, varied ways to tackle each objective, many tools etc, you know what the name is known for? XD

they aren't even trying to hide their trolling and how little they care about it

It's certainly interesting to see Tom Clancy as a generic prefix now rather than a style of gameplay.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I’ve been looking at some of the feedback from content creators along with  gamers and oh my god they are not holding back - people are spectacularly pissed with this and Ubisoft. 

Complaints are rife about a non-existent Splinter Cell, the tacked-on misuse of Tom Clancy’s name and the sheer lack of ambition with the game being about 10 years of date conceptually.

Can’t wait for Tom Clancy’s Assassin Creed WRLD next!

Near the end of the trailer they have to show "Look! Look here it's not just white dudes that work for us. They are people of colour, and women, and women who are *also* people of colour. Aren't we wonderful? Please forget that for years we covered up abuse in our studios" 🙄

Game looks OK-ish. F2P always make me apprehensive because you never know if they'll put all the best weapons behind pay walls or say you can "earn them in game" but it takes about 6 months of play to earn enough "Clancy Coins" (or whatever the fuck the pointless in game currency is going to be called) to actually be able to buy something decent. Or, you know, just spend £20 on one gun because you just know that Ubisoft will take the piss 🖕

fart.gif

Is anyone else kind of just done with the whole "Tom Clancy" stuff?  I know R6 Siege has been hot as of late, but I wasn't impressed with the next R6 installment and this just doesn't interest me at all.  

Man..... all I ever wanted was a NEW Splinter Cell game...

*Insert various curse words here*

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*

On 7/23/2021 at 11:50 PM, Riff Machine said:

Is anyone else kind of just done with the whole "Tom Clancy" stuff?  I know R6 Siege has been hot as of late, but I wasn't impressed with the next R6 installment and this just doesn't interest me at all.  

Man..... all I ever wanted was a NEW Splinter Cell game...

*Insert various curse words here*

They've milked his name from the grave and pretty much ruined all the franchises its attached in recent years. The franchises it should be attached to like Splinter Cell are nowhere to be seen and it beggars believe why it's been branded with XDefiant. We will probably never know why they've done this - maybe it's a set in stone deal, perhaps the devs are morons or maybe Clancy's estate are demanding it but it just doesn't fit. This is a generic hip shooter aimed at the skin generation yet Tom Clancy is an writer of espionage, war and action thrillers!  Doesn't make sense. It's only a matter of time they attach his name to Assassin's Creed and The Crew. 

Newish video about this game. I think it looks quite decent.

Also Mark Rubin - head of the development team and former IW lead - had this to say:

Features I would have if I were making a MP FPS. - No SBMM in Casual Play - Ranked Mode - Lobbies that stay together - Red Dots on Minimap - Map Voting Just to name a few. *hint - I am making that game.

Which all sounds good.

fart.gif

2 hours ago, MrBiron said:

Newish video about this game. I think it looks quite decent.

Also Mark Rubin - head of the development team and former IW lead - had this to say:

Features I would have if I were making a MP FPS. - No SBMM in Casual Play - Ranked Mode - Lobbies that stay together - Red Dots on Minimap - Map Voting Just to name a few. *hint - I am making that game.

Which all sounds good.

Just basically making things like how Cod used to be. 

Before they changed all those aspects in recent Cods. 

Sounds appealing, touché. 

38 minutes ago, IRaMPaGe said:

Just basically making things like how Cod used to be. 

Before they changed all those aspects in recent Cods. 

Sounds appealing, touché. 

Yep. The tweet by Mark Rubin and follow up tweets were him basically saying that they have seen what COD fans hate about recent Cods so they've purposely added or removed what they do/don't like. 

They're targeting players that are sick of Activision not listening to fan feedback. 

fart.gif

11 minutes ago, MrBiron said:

Yep. The tweet by Mark Rubin and follow up tweets were him basically saying that they have seen what COD fans hate about recent Cods so they've purposely added or removed what they do/don't like. 

They're targeting players that are sick of Activision not listening to fan feedback. 

Pretty ironic seeing that Mark Rubin was the one that took away everything people enjoyed about golden age COD and gave us Ghosts instead with fish AI being his proudest achievement🤣 Anyhow, I'm glad the game is still in development and hasn't been yet another cancellation from Ubisoft.  I'm really not sure if the brand is strong enough to capture a decent audience though and no matter how much people hate COD, they will always play that over games that offer a far better experience because it's cawl of dooty and they enjoy being screwed year in year out.

Too many of these classic-style FPS games have failed already though and Ubisoft's internal IP's aren't as popular as they think they are to form a game like this. I just hope they can strike while the iron is hot because MW2 is literally edging towards life support on a 2 year cycle and people aren't shying away from shunning games. A good alternative is desperately needed. 

Just now, MrBiron said:

A lack of a decent alternative is why Activision just keep doing what they want. They know people will buy COD no matter what. 

Just literally typing the same thing, it would be nice to see something challenge CoD. I don't expect anything will, Bf2042 really missed at least a decent opportunity and Titanfall failed.

1 hour ago, techno said:

Just literally typing the same thing, it would be nice to see something challenge CoD. I don't expect anything will, Bf2042 really missed at least a decent opportunity and Titanfall failed.

I agree we need more challengers to enter the gaming market against the bigger players. Although, its clearly not that easy as we've seen the past 10 years nearly all of them fail. Only one that has had the closest FPS gameplay and feel to breaking them is/was Titanfall/Apex Legends. Apex does alright, but hasn't evolved much since launch. Actually makes you realise how games like CoD and Destiny still do extremely well. Even Halo now is going down the pan somewhat.

This looks more of a competitor against Counter Strike for PC imo. Definitely looks decent and a market could be there for the next MLG FPS given CoD isn't doing very well in that category. In fact it looks like it wants to take some of Overwatch's competitive league off them more so than the casual playerbase.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

1 hour ago, techno said:

EA also cancelled Apex Legends single player last week so the chances of us getting a new Titanfall is also dead in the water. A new Battlefield wont be here until 2025 and there's more chance of Black Ops Cold War getting more content this year than Modern Warfare 2. It's such a shame publishers wont commission FPS games much these days due to competitors yet competition is what this industry needs.

16 hours ago, techno said:

TitanFall failed because EA are fucking idiots and decided that it was a good idea to release TitanFall 2 the week between COD and BF launches 🤦‍♂️ I'm still pissed off about it as TF2 was superb.

fart.gif