Football (Played with Feet)

Madjonny

The bit that most people miss with International football is that the best success has come from building squads over time so a process and team identity gets created. I actually think by picking these players he's trying to give himself a better chance at winning the next tourney. When you bring in 6-10 brand new players, thats effectively an overhaul. Put yourself in his shoes and think how hard would it be to get that playing shape and mentality in teh whole squad from their first training camp. he only gets 1-2 games max for a few weeks together and off they go.

Football is always made up to be a simple game on the face of it. So many forgot the tiniest details give you the best chance of getting further in tournaments and being successful.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

I'm pretty sure Maguire would prosper at another club, don't understand why he stays somewhere he's not respected. 

As for Henderson, he plays on a sand dune now, I'd say in a country run wrong uns but that's a bit pot and kettle 😅

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

1 hour ago, GazzaGarratt said:

The bit that most people miss with International football is that the best success has come from building squads over time so a process and team identity gets created. I actually think by picking these players he's trying to give himself a better chance at winning the next tourney. When you bring in 6-10 brand new players, thats effectively an overhaul. Put yourself in his shoes and think how hard would it be to get that playing shape and mentality in teh whole squad from their first training camp. he only gets 1-2 games max for a few weeks together and off they go.

Football is always made up to be a simple game on the face of it. So many forgot the tiniest details give you the best chance of getting further in tournaments and being successful.

And I agree having a good backbone in the squad is a good idea and will help when bringing in new players to help them adapt to the squad. However we have that, in good players like Harry Kane, Jude Bellingham, John Stones.

Just now, Lurchzy said:

And I agree having a good backbone in the squad is a good idea and will help when bringing in new players to help them adapt to the squad. However we have that, in good players like Harry Kane, Jude Bellingham, John Stones.

Bellingham is going from strength to strength in Madrid, its cool to see.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Just now, phil bottle said:

I'm pretty sure Maguire would prosper at another club, don't understand why he stays somewhere he's not respected. 

As for Henderson, he plays on a sand dune now, I'd say in a country run wrong uns but that's a bit pot and kettle 😅

I don't know why Harry Maguire didn't join West Ham. Think he would've done well there.

Tut-tut Phil, political opinion creeping out again 👀😂

No more UK transfer window, there's still the possibility of players leaving clubs but no more buys now until January, and no excuses.

I think it's going to be a very interesting season.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

23 hours ago, phil bottle said:

Chelsea, the gift that keeps on giving. I'm sure if they stick with Poch they'll be fine but it's the same story as last season for them and I'm loving it 🤗

They are lucky teams like Luton and Sheff Utd are in there else they'd be prime contenders for relegation🤣

I love how shit they are as a business - literally just hijack other team's potential targets and then overpay by £40m taking it well over one hundred million and then the player turns out to be a total flop that wouldn't get into the QPR team! £1.5bn and find yourself behind Brentford lol!

2 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

They are lucky teams like Luton and Sheff Utd are in there else they'd be prime contenders for relegation🤣

I love how shit they are as a business - literally just hijack other team's potential targets and then overpay by £40m taking it well over one hundred million and then the player turns out to be a total flop that wouldn't get into the QPR team! £1.5bn and find yourself behind Brentford lol!

The players they've brought in aren't bad, the issue is probably more the fact that the team is completely made up of new signings and no one knows each other. Rather than re-building slowly they've just said 'fuck it' and brought an entirely new team.

Pleased for Richard Arlison yesterday - goal and an assist to seal victory. Looked like it would be another bad day at the office after a promising start to the season. Spurs also have a nasty habit of losing games like this especially against Sheffield United's second string which they pretty much played like they did in the FA cup encounter last season. 

Seeing Chelsea down in 14th after spending £1.5bn is glorious and Man Utd ain't fairing much better either. 

17 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Pleased for Richard Arlison yesterday - goal and an assist to seal victory. Looked like it would be another bad day at the office after a promising start to the season. Spurs also have a nasty habit of losing games like this especially against Sheffield United's second string which they pretty much played like they did in the FA cup encounter last season. 

Seeing Chelsea down in 14th after spending £1.5bn is glorious and Man Utd ain't fairing much better either. 

Richy was well deserving of the Fans MotM. Spurs were unlucky not to get a penalty or two as well, played really well.

Had Chelsea down to draw on the Predictions - not surprised they're still struggling. Sterling was unlucky not to score the free kick though.

Utd have lots of internal turmoil, it will be a test for them to see how they deal with things. Not very well so far.

Spuds v Woolwich next weekend at the emptycrates and that will be fun I'm sure 😁

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Brighton for the top 4 anyone? I think we're moving to a new era where its not about the 'Big 6' anymore, which I think is great news overall.

15 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Brighton for the top 4 anyone? I think we're moving to a new era where its not about the 'Big 6' anymore, which I think is great news overall.

Nope, because we're in the era of the 'Big 1' 🙈😅

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Top of the world until after the internationals period, I'll certainly take that for Tottenham. 

Not very clever, or indeed sporting, from Bissouma so I hope he has a word with himself.

Defence is looking good finally, and only injuries will hamper us this season. 

Strong teams in the prem will make this a very exciting and tough season, it already is 🙂

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

7 hours ago, phil bottle said:

Top of the world until after the internationals period, I'll certainly take that for Tottenham. 

Not very clever, or indeed sporting, from Bissouma so I hope he has a word with himself.

Defence is looking good finally, and only injuries will hamper us this season. 

Strong teams in the prem will make this a very exciting and tough season, it already is 🙂

Top of the Men's, Under 21s and Under 18s 🤘

When you keep thinking in the back of your mind that Bellingham can't keep playing well in every game, he goes and destroys Italy. Loving Kane scoring from open play too 😄

14 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

When you keep thinking in the back of your mind that Bellingham can't keep playing well in every game, he goes and destroys Italy. Loving Kane scoring from open play too 😄

We retired his shirt for a reason.....

We could genuinely be watching the next England legend and it's all due to his youth development, you're welcome 😉

Luseth.png

I went last night and thought we played really well and dominated large parts of the match. Italy really look a shadow of their former selves and could miss out on a third tournament in 5 years. I remember us having a national meltdown after missing out on Euro 2008🤣

Bellingham is probably the best player in the world right now.