Football (Played with Feet)

Madjonny

26 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

Some cracking goals in England v China. The competition should start heating up now as we head towards the next round 🙂

@Findmartin was saying in the Football Group Chat how good that Lauren James is, and I couldn't agree more! Wicked player.

All the women's team seem really good ATM. Hopefully they're able to go all the way! 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

15 minutes ago, Lurchzy said:

@Findmartin was saying in the Football Group Chat how good that Lauren James is, and I couldn't agree more! Wicked player.

All the women's team seem really good ATM. Hopefully they're able to go all the way! 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

That volley was a peach, I'd have been buzzing all night after scoring a goal like that 🤗

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I suspected today's game v Nigeria would be tough. Better than the men at penalties it seems. Sorry to see Lauren James lose her composure, would have liked to keep watching her, but I guess that's footballers for you. Beckham vibes v Argentina 🙈😁

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Let's make Phil a happy bunny...

_130691476_bbc-sport-index-imagery-2-spl
WWW.BBC.CO.UK

Tottenham have completed deals for Argentina U20 forward Alejo Veliz and Netherlands Under-21 defender Micky van de Ven.

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

8 minutes ago, Plumbers Crack said:

Let's make Phil a happy bunny...

_130691476_bbc-sport-index-imagery-2-spl
WWW.BBC.CO.UK

Tottenham have completed deals for Argentina U20 forward Alejo Veliz and Netherlands Under-21 defender Micky van de Ven.

Picked up Ashley Phillips yesterday as well 👍 Highly rated English CB.

4 hours ago, phil bottle said:

I think Spence was unlucky in that Conte never wanted him. Hate to see talent wasted.

It's a shame Ange hasn't been able to use him either, although he has already got Royal and Udogie on his hands, and they both get Infront of him.

4 hours ago, phil bottle said:

The Kane saga is tedius. Bayern have made themselves look foolish so far but other than that I don't care, just as long as we have a replacement should he go, which I'm starting to doubt.

I don't really understand by Bayern would pay £100M for a 30yr old striker... I understood when Manchester United were sniffing around but that didn't happen.

I hope he stays and wins something with the Ange project. Tottenham have looked pretty good this pre-season and I would like to see it through into the Premier League.

12 hours ago, phil bottle said:

The Kane saga is tedius. Bayern have made themselves look foolish so far but other than that I don't care, just as long as we have a replacement should he go, which I'm starting to doubt.

At this stage of the season, Spurs should have him stay and then take the financial hit. If they sell with no replacement on the immediate horizon then the season is over before it's even started. The Kane saga has gone on too long aka years and the board really have no clue with what to do which sums up how out of touch they are with running a football club.

There's no chance of replacing Kane at this stage, so it would be madness to sell him now. But it's football so who knows. It's all clickbait online and I don't trust a single thing I read. 

It's going to be a very interesting season, with a lot of competitive teams, plus hopefully a new look Tottenham...

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

skysports-premier-league-bundesliga_6201
WWW.SKYSPORTS.COM

Harry Kane is Tottenhams all-time record scorer with 280 goals in 435 appearances; Spurs academy graduate set to depart boyhood club to join Bayern Munich; the 30-year-old has one year left on his current...

1 minute ago, J4MES OX4D said:
skysports-premier-league-bundesliga_6201
WWW.SKYSPORTS.COM

Harry Kane is Tottenhams all-time record scorer with 280 goals in 435 appearances; Spurs academy graduate set to depart boyhood club to join Bayern Munich; the 30-year-old has one year left on his current...

Yeah a mate just messaged me 😭

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I mean lets face it, Spurs are clearly seeing this as we have to cash in now if they get the money. Part of me feels like its more club than player that wants to go. Kane still can go for a few years and come back to the Premier League and get the record. I thought he wanted the goals record more than anything else but he hasn't even done what Shearer did and at least won the league with Blackburn. At least if he wins a trophy or two over in Germany, that will satisfy his desires from that side you'd expect.

I feel for you though @phil bottle, it really does feel so late to get another striker in...unless you've tapped up some amazing young striker to take his place already??

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

35 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I mean lets face it, Spurs are clearly seeing this as we have to cash in now if they get the money. Part of me feels like its more club than player that wants to go. Kane still can go for a few years and come back to the Premier League and get the record. I thought he wanted the goals record more than anything else but he hasn't even done what Shearer did and at least won the league with Blackburn. At least if he wins a trophy or two over in Germany, that will satisfy his desires from that side you'd expect.

I feel for you though @phil bottle, it really does feel so late to get another striker in...unless you've tapped up some amazing young striker to take his place already??

It's all show business mate, and the show must go on. 

Maybe we'll find out he was a jinx and the reason for the trophy drought 😅

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

1 hour ago, J4MES OX4D said:

image.jpeg.f3aa53b6eb06c5e1d6b786d319e0e7be.jpeg

Poor Harry Kane - can’t even win a trophy playing in a cup final for his first game a day after joining😂

It would be hilarious if Spurs win something before he does! 

We swerved a proper piss taking there. Finally some good news this weekend 😅

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

On 8/10/2023 at 12:22 PM, GazzaGarratt said:

I think it's the opposite, I think it was Kane that wanted the move. Levy didn't want him to leave, offering multiple improved contacts.

Personally I think winning a trophy in a one horse league is a far less achievement than beating the goal scoring record with Spurs, and I don't think he should've defined himself by his lack of trophies.

26 minutes ago, Lurchzy said:

I think it's the opposite, I think it was Kane that wanted the move. Levy didn't want him to leave, offering multiple improved contacts.

Personally I think winning a trophy in a one horse league is a far less achievement than beating the goal scoring record with Spurs, and I don't think he should've defined himself by his lack of trophies.

Yeah, I also think he would’ve been worth more to Spurs this upcoming season than the £80m-odd received in the end. Once offers dried up from Real Madrid, Man City and Man Utd and him turning 30, transfer options have become limited and Bayern would’ve definitely not been a preferred choice. Kane’s also played in 3 cup finals for Spurs and the Euro 2020 one and lost the lot and played dismally in all so he probably should’ve accepted that he’s had his chance with trophies and should just stick it out in the Prem. 

Even thought Bayern stole the title on the last day last season, it’s still very much a one horse race and even the Bayern fans were only excited by the finale because they weren’t winning every game.

1 hour ago, Lurchzy said:

I had a think last night and maybe the other angle I and we all can forget is the fact he is just another human being that has a life like all of us. More I think about it, he's 30 and may want to look back giving his family time in another culture, learn new things rather be anything about goals or trophies for that matter.

I watched abit of the Bayern game last night and I don't think it is a forgone conclusion that side is winning things this year.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

24 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I had a think last night and maybe the other angle I and we all can forget is the fact he is just another human being that has a life like all of us. More I think about it, he's 30 and may want to look back giving his family time in another culture, learn new things rather be anything about goals or trophies for that matter.

I watched abit of the Bayern game last night and I don't think it is a forgone conclusion that side is winning things this year.

Perhaps, however I would think moving your family to another country is more a reason to stay than to leave...

Well that would be a big mistake for him then, if he moved to win trophies and then doesn't. However I don't think it'll be the last chance he gets at silverware at Bayern, even if it isn't a 'forgone conclusion', even though I believe it probably is, and he probably did too.

Tuchel hasn't been having the greatest time since he took over at at Bayern. He was in - my opinion - pushing the Kane transfer to save his job. 

OK result v Brentford today.

I work/volunteer on Sundays so I only know from mates that it was a soft penalty and we dominated the game second half. Need to get Richarlison scoring or jog him on.

I spent 5 minutes picking my Fantasy Football team and that was a mistake 🙈😁

jeffersonclasswar.jpg