Football (Played with Feet)

Madjonny

27 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

OK result v Brentford today.

I work/volunteer on Sundays so I only know from mates that it was a soft penalty and we dominated the game second half. Need to get Richarlison scoring or jog him on.

Was a VERY soft penalty.

We need to use the Kane money to buy a out-and-out finisher.

I just don't think I can even work out what the first 10 games will look like in the Championship. So many teams all over the shop, so many results already gone strange ways. Its definitely going to be a long season...but hopefully more enjoyable than not!

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

55 minutes ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Spurs 2-0 Man Utd! Great win.

Richard Arlison still can't bag a goal though so Martinez did it for him😎

I am hoping Big Ange gets a striker before the transfer window closes. Richy really isn't good enough.

Good result for us Spuds at the weekend, but more importantly I'm very happy with the attacking style of play. We git out Tottenham back 🙂

Watched the WC final, shame about the result but the best team won, and I was in good company so enjoyed it either way. Hope these competitions help to continue encourage young uns to get into sports 🙂

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

On 8/21/2023 at 7:40 PM, phil bottle said:

Good result for us Spuds at the weekend, but more importantly I'm very happy with the attacking style of play. We git out Tottenham back 🙂

Watched the WC final, shame about the result but the best team won, and I was in good company so enjoyed it either way. Hope these competitions help to continue encourage young uns to get into sports 🙂

Spurs looked great. I agree with @Lurchzy though that you need a striker still. Long season to go.

Rovers need a striker too. Feels like most teams do and thats strange as they seem to be a rare commodity through the PL and Championship.

Gutted for England Women but as you say, the right better team won on the day. We couldn't really create anything which was a shame. I was actually surprised with the squad depleted so much from injuries that we got so far. Shows how much depth their is in English Women football already.

Ah it affects you prem fans much less but we are feeling a little the same way at Birmingham at the moment, there is certainly a feel good factor around the club at the moment, and the good results to the start of the season show that considering the team is still a long way off a play off contending side.  We made bristol look mediocre, we nicked a win against Leeds at the last second and our new wingers are looking very promising.

The stadium is looking in good shape, the new owners have spent a sum repainting the stadium, putting up new screens and club crest as well as regenerating the seats etc. The stadium was looking rather dilapidated so it looks great in comparison.

There is talk of a few more players yet to come in, we need some more depth so that's promising, we are lacking a potent striker (though that sounds like something most clubs are struggling with at the moment).

It has also been nice to see some faces to our new ownership and some interaction from them with the fans, our previous owners were certainly leaving the club to languish.

Luseth.png

I feel for Watford fans that's for sure. I was in the bookshop watching the text after Blackburn scored. Talk about a smash & grab. Nice one 😁

As for my lot, three years of pain is being washed away by a team I actually enjoy watching. Early days but when the pundits were writing Spurs off pre-season I kind of felt they were wide of the mark.

My Fantasy team is having a nightmare still, but I've promised myself to stick at it this season 🙂

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

17 hours ago, phil bottle said:

Looks like Spurs are concentrating on the League and FA Cup double this year 🤔 🙈😅

I hope they jog some of the deadwood on ASAP 🙃

We've needed to get rid of Sánchez for 2 seasons now and he's still at the club. Trying not to be too angry about the penalty miss but he's the reason we conceded the first goal too. Just not good enough.

Where has this Kane money gone? And why haven't we prioritised getting a quality ST and backup CB?

I believe Ange can do something with this team already, we just need to make sure he gets the deadwood out before that starts getting back into the changing room environment.

Very disappointed with Spurs last night. Same old culprits making the same old mistakes. I would've personally just fielded a full-strength side instead of relying on players that have proven time and time again that they aren't good enough and also don't have a future at the club. There's probably 4 that still need offing and another 5 brought in which includes like-for-likes and a new recognised striker. Sanchez is about as good as Gary Doherty was back in the day. 

The transfer deadline lottery (or is it Russian roulette?) is almost over. Just as long as the prick Connor Gallagher doesn't end up at Spurs I don't really know what to say. Not impressed with last minute shenanigans but hope we shift some people out.

@Plumbers Crack I believe Scarlett is being loaned to your mob, so I'll be watching Ipswich this year it seems 🙂

And @GazzaGarratt 8 goals last night eh? 🤗

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

1 hour ago, phil bottle said:

JDT wanted 10 in the post match interview lol. Great academy, hope it can finally bounce us back up soon.

Henderson and Maguire both selected by Gareth for more England duty. Time to sack Gareth 😅

We'll be fine 😉 #Believe

Henderson and Maguire both selected by Gareth for more England duty. Time to sack Gareth 😅

Terrible decision. Southgate needs to pick the players in good form. Maguire and Henderson both deserve to be dropped. Get the players in that do it week on week, and get them into the national team ecosystem.

41 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

JDT wanted 10 in the post match interview lol. Great academy, hope it can finally bounce us back up soon.

We'll be fine 😉 #Believe

I don't want to it to be just fine, I want to win. We need a winning mentally within the squad. Get them out. Even if they do do well for England, they don't deserve to be there. It's not fair on the world class players that are missing out.

2 hours ago, phil bottle said:

The transfer deadline lottery (or is it Russian roulette?) is almost over. Just as long as the prick Connor Gallagher doesn't end up at Spurs I don't really know what to say. Not impressed with last minute shenanigans but hope we shift some people out.

@Plumbers Crack I believe Scarlett is being loaned to your mob, so I'll be watching Ipswich this year it seems 🙂

Desperately trying to get rid of Sánchez, Dier and Tanganga with no replacements in line is also a recipe for disaster.

7 minutes ago, Lurchzy said:

I don't want to it to be just fine, I want to win. We need a winning mentally within the squad. Get them out. Even if they do do well for England, they don't deserve to be there. It's not fair on the world class players that are missing out.

We'll be fine was my usual positive jokey way of saying they'll do well for us still. Henderson doesn't have a starting position now anyway but great utility to come on and do the job we need in certain games. Harry I think is pretty much on his last life with Gareth. Easy for me to say that but if he makes one mistake in an England jersey when not playing for his club even Gareth knows it will be hard to pick him. Having said that, one of his best players and not the reason why we lost the Euros. Penalty lottery was just hard to take.

6 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

We'll be fine was my usual positive jokey way of saying they'll do well for us still. Henderson doesn't have a starting position now anyway but great utility to come on and do the job we need in certain games. Harry I think is pretty much on his last life with Gareth. Easy for me to say that but if he makes one mistake in an England jersey when not playing for his club even Gareth knows it will be hard to pick him. Having said that, one of his best players and not the reason why we lost the Euros. Penalty lottery was just hard to take.

I get that, and you're probably right... However, I don't think they provide enough to justify being picked, again.

We need better talent in the squad and build around them instead of using these players just because they almost worked before.

1 minute ago, Lurchzy said:

I get that, and you're probably right... However, I don't think they provide enough to justify being picked, again.

We need better talent in the squad and build around them instead of using these players just because they almost worked before.

The Netherlands and Belgium are prime examples of what's happening to teams that can't part with 'key' players that obviously need replacing.

44 minutes ago, Lurchzy said:

The Netherlands and Belgium are prime examples of what's happening to teams that can't part with 'key' players that obviously need replacing.

I feel like I've been watching the same Belgium team for the past 20 years! Gareth needs to stop picking his buddies and focus on the future irrespective of the work and services those old experienced players have provided.