Football (Played with Feet)

Madjonny

16 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

I think he should leave in the summer and if he's destined to win something, it will be with someone else. Best for all parties IMO. Can't fault his loyalty over the years especially with the topsy-turvy nature of ownership and management of the club. Harry has had his chances to win things though - 3 cup finals with Spurs, a few semis and the Euro 2020 final and he's failed to perform in each one and not scored either.  I actually think his 'big game' performances have been very costly when it's mattered but then again, he's partly the reason why they got there in the first place. Just wish he had that extra conviction.  

Yep, totally agree, he's had his chances to win trophies but he hasn't shown his quality when it really matters. Although personally I would have played him as a super sub in the champions league final.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

4 hours ago, phil bottle said:

Yep, totally agree, he's had his chances to win trophies but he hasn't shown his quality when it really matters. Although personally I would have played him as a super sub in the champions league final.

Yeah, hindsight is a wonderful thing and that decision was the biggest 50/50 probably ever in football - had they not played him and lost too, it would've been seen as one of the biggest regrets and bad decisions made in football. I think with Spurs scoring plenty in his absence, they should've left him on the bench at least until half time against Liverpool. Moura, Llorente and Son were proving to be a force. He contributed very little in the final overall and really took the sting out of Spurs's attacking threat from those games previous.

His performance against Italy in the Euro Final really bemused me - he literally spent the whole match chasing shadows at a jogging pace offering absolutely no press or pressure and all it achieved was him getting knackered. Southgate didn't utilise him very well on the day but surely after an hour, he should've changed his approach. It's even important games like the FA Cup 5th round against Sheff Utd Reserves where Spurs outright fail and miss out on a big opportunity and he offered very little when it really mattered on the night. 

3 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Yeah, hindsight is a wonderful thing and that decision was the biggest 50/50 probably ever in football - had they not played him and lost too, it would've been seen as one of the biggest regrets and bad decisions made in football. I think with Spurs scoring plenty in his absence, they should've left him on the bench at least until half time against Liverpool. Moura, Llorente and Son were proving to be a force. He contributed very little in the final overall and really took the sting out of Spurs's attacking threat from those games previous.

His performance against Italy in the Euro Final really bemused me - he literally spent the whole match chasing shadows at a jogging pace offering absolutely no press or pressure and all it achieved was him getting knackered. Southgate didn't utilise him very well on the day but surely after an hour, he should've changed his approach. It's even important games like the FA Cup 5th round against Sheff Utd Reserves where Spurs outright fail and miss out on a big opportunity and he offered very little when it really mattered on the night. 

Yep, I said it before the game. Kane was not fit for 90 minutes. But then the Danny Rose handball ruined the game anyway....

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Insane that Luton are in the Premier League when little of a decade ago they were our arch rivals in the Conference - they used to get bummed by teams like Braintree and Barrow🤣

They’ve come a long way in that time and so have Coventry after dropping down to League 2. Dabo on penalties was always a huge risk but they will be disappointed at how they played especially first half. 

In other news, Dortmund bottled the Bundesliga in humiliating fashion in their own backyard. Not much sympathy in the world of football after that - Bayern literally gave it to them on a plate all season too.

Lukaku has to be one of the clumsiest finishers in football history. Tonight along with his Belgium antics at the World Cup, I cannot believe how many clear-cut chances he's blown. City very lucky in the end and Inter played really well but just couldn't find that goal despite having plenty of chances and possession in dangerous areas. Haaland was largely anonymous throughout. They definitely deserved it overall based on their other results but tonight was almost another defeat. 

In a final you just need the result and they got it. Nice to see English clubs do really well in Europe this year. West Spam was great to see them get over the line in the final few minutes. Great winning goal by Bowen too.

I'm sure the question will now soon switch to how long will Pep stay now he has achieved the Treble.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

31 minutes ago, Lurchzy said:

Screenshot_20230615-1447222.thumb.png.c18884b50bff6595bb2818dae22cf12d.png

White and gold suits Jude. Can't wait to see if Real Madrid sign Kane or Mbappé as well... What a monster team this could turn into!

Rumours were saying Madrid might not go for Kane, also possibly Mbappe to Man Utd. 😜

On 6/11/2023 at 10:14 AM, GazzaGarratt said:

I'm sure the question will now soon switch to how long will Pep stay now he has achieved the Treble.

I believe he's seeing his contract..maybe 2 years? After that, who knows? I don't think running a national side would be enough for him with the lack of training time

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

1 hour ago, Plumbers Crack said:

I believe he's seeing his contract..maybe 2 years? After that, who knows? I don't think running a national side would be enough for him with the lack of training time

Yeah he won't go away straight away is my thoughts too. I think he'd like to go back to Barca in the next 5 years.

Nationally, he'd also be more likely to take Spain than us...not sure we will go down foreign routes for a while now. But right now I think he may not ever touch National sides due to the fact its far less work. Plus Gareth Southgate shows the type of characteristics of management, especially successful club ones, may not suit international football that has smaller calendars.

Personally I think after City, Pep will go to Italy or International team next. 

He has already done England, Germany, Spain. 

My opinion is he wants to cement himself as the goat. 

I just think he wants to prove himself and conquer all the big leagues. 

Also with International he could chill a bit, spend more time with family and relax sort of in comparison to a club team. 

Very much looking forward to this fixture tomorrow with Clapton hosting St Pauli for the first time. 🖤

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

17 hours ago, phil bottle said:

@GazzaGarratt is this Ashley Phillips decent? Looks like the mighty Spurs are nabbing him. 

Future England defender. I actually think the agent has screwed us over here, he signed a 2 year deal last year so we could keep him but he added a £3m release clause which is peanuts for England's next promising defender. He's played in England teams 2-3 years higher than his age, recently captaining U18s. Came in last year to get his full debut and played fantastically in a number of games. He's raw but the potential is ridiculous with him. My inside person was telling me last season that his mum wanted him to go last season to Spurs but he knew he would get more out of playing with us...thats not lasted long but thats football and we desperately need funds to buy a proven striker.

Just hope Spurs don't waste his talent in the U23s and we never see him again. Deserves to be playing a bunch of games this season.

Harry Kane saga is annoying, but hey ho that's the usual Tottenham transfer window. Looks like he's off but if so I hope this is ASAP. 

The women's World Cup is in full swing now. I drew South Korea in my work sweepstake and they play Columbia tomorrow 🙂

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

1 minute ago, phil bottle said:

Harry Kane saga is annoying, but hey ho that's the usual Tottenham transfer window. Looks like he's off but if so I hope this is ASAP. 

The women's World Cup is in full swing now. I drew South Korea in my work sweepstake and they play Columbia tomorrow 🙂

Harry Kane — Think he should stay, but if he's refusing to sign a new deal J. Lewis has said they got to get him sold. Unfortunately Levy is terrible at getting players out the door. Just look at how much garbage we've still got hanging around in the dressing room.

Get Hojbjerg gone, get Kane gone, get Sanchez gone, and let's get some proper players in before everyone runs to Saudi!

17 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

All the scumbags going to play in Saudi Arabia make me laugh. Especially the likes of Henderson who has made a big thing in the past pretending to care about LGBTQ. Money can buy peace of mind I suppose.

It's all a publicity anyway. They're footballers, they don't give a shit about this political stuff. It's most probably their PR that get them to post about LGBT and go to Charity Visits.

25 minutes ago, Lurchzy said:

It's all a publicity anyway. They're footballers, they don't give a shit about this political stuff. It's most probably their PR that get them to post about LGBT and go to Charity Visits.

Yeah, much like all the corporations pretending to be socially conscious, it's all fake as fuck.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg