Football (Played with Feet)

Madjonny

9 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

Yeah, kind of puts things at Spurs into perspective, we're upset at not getting in Champions league and not because we're near relegation zone or in financial trouble.

But still, will be interesting to see what happens tonight...

The way I see it is Spurs don't deserve Champions League football so I have no gripes with us missing out if that is what happens. It's actually a miracle they are so high up in the table after some of the defeats and the off-field woes this campaign. It would be a blow financially and in terms of prestige but it may prove a welcome kick up the arse during a rebuilt.

Chelsea are in a far worse place and could even fall behind Crystal Palace and Wolves by the next game and if West Ham can overturn that 5pt gap then they will be the worst team in London which would be hilarious😎 

This is gonna be the best ground in the championship when it's finished

everton-stadium-bramley-moore-dock-march

Cannot wait for the Everton v Fleetwood derby😎

Good game last night between Spurs and United but a bad result for both sides overall. United bottled a good lead and Spurs had enough chances to win themselves. Eric Dier is really on his last legs. Southampton look pretty much down now.

Spurs 3-0 down after 15 minutes which is an improvement on last week being 3-0 down after 9mins😎

Leaking so many goals they could very well end up finishing the season with a negative goal difference which is insane. 

*edit brought it back to 3-3 in the 93rd minute through Richard Arlison of all people and then go and concede a 94th minute winner. Shambles at the back - 12 conceded in a week. 

4 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Spurs 3-0 down after 15 minutes which is an improvement on last week being 3-0 down after 9mins😎

Leaking so many goals they could very well end up finishing the season with a negative goal difference which is insane. 

*edit brought it back to 3-3 in the 93rd minute through Richard Arlison of all people and then go and concede a 94th minute winner. Shambles at the back - 12 conceded in a week. 

It's not looking good for them at the moment. After the United game I thought they'd be playing better, however it's still looking shambolic at the back. Should've brought Bastoni from Milan when they had the chance!

17 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Admittedly Jota shouldn't have been on the pitch to score the last minute winner. Most nailed on red card I've ever seen.

Can't believe the choice is between Coventry and Luton for promotion to the Prem. Doesn't matter I suppose, neither will last a season.

I hear Spurs are looking at a Dutch manager, but the Poch to the west london nobodies story is going to be a dagger in the gut that gets twisted every time we play, particularly if he makes them decent again 😭

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

21 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

Can't believe the choice is between Coventry and Luton for promotion to the Prem. Doesn't matter I suppose, neither will last a season.

I hear Spurs are looking at a Dutch manager, but the Poch to the west london nobodies story is going to be a dagger in the gut that gets twisted every time we play, particularly if he makes them decent again 😭

Arne Slot, Feyenoord Head Coach. Don't know anything about him... Although Feyenoord are currently sitting top of the Eredivisie 👀

7 hours ago, Lurchzy said:

Arne Slot, Feyenoord Head Coach. Don't know anything about him... Although Feyenoord are currently sitting top of the Eredivisie 👀

Apparently he was rumoured for the Chelsea job, think he managed to convince himself not to take it. 

He was also quoted in saying "If I'm still in Holland in the next 2 years, I have failed as a manager" 

So he is definitely looking to move onto bigger things. 

I don't know much about him either, but doing a cracking job at Feyenoord. 

The manager merry go round continues at Spurs with Naglesman back in the picture again. I'm steering clear of click bait for the most part so could still be anyone.

In a previous post I was a bit rude about Coventry but I'd rather them than Luton, even in they beat us against the run of play in the 87 FA Cup and made Gary Mabbutt look like a plonker, and they may not have a stadium but let's be fair Hackney Marshes would be better than that shit hole in Luton.

Shame AFC bottled it, would have been nice to see it go to the wire. I will laugh though if the sovereign wealth fund lose against Milan in the Champions League.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Shocking bottle job from Arsenal and finishing with a right wimper. Could've gone 11pts clear a month ago and now City win the title with 3 to spare and have just beat Chelsea to go 7pts clear and could win the league by a margin of 13. They did the hard part and got into a great position being 8pts clear, out of both Cup competitions and Europe also, whilst City were playing in the FA Cup and their priority being the Champions League. They wont get a better chance than this year considering all the circumstances. The blew two 2-0 leads on the road to draw both and then had a 3-3 against the worst team in the league at home. That was the killer to bring City into the title race and then the 4-1 at the Etihad was a complete shift in mentality and quality. Had Arsenal not dropped those 6 points prior, they would've gone there 11 clear and could afford even to lose and it still been in their hands. Newcastle away was a great result and performance but it was too little too late and yesterday was the icing on the cake. 

Been saying it for a very long time but Spurs need a total overhaul and this is the worst they have been in many years going back to the mid-2000's. I actually can't believe they are so high in the table. There's been too many shambolic results and performances and the amount of deadwood that needs gone probably represents 90% of the team.  Seeing Chelsea in such a mess has cheered me up greatly but it's only a small consolation. Spurs should not be going toe to toe with Brentford and Fulham. 

On 5/19/2023 at 9:29 AM, J4MES OX4D said:

Not sure how Peterborough will ever recover from this and manager Darren Ferguson may very well quit them for a 4th time and probably never to return ever. 

Insane result for Sheff Weds. Peterborough have a good setup so I still think they'll be in and around playoffs or maybe an automatic spot next season.

On 5/19/2023 at 9:36 PM, phil bottle said:

That's momentum for you. Emotionally, Coventry play like Germany when there in playoffs. Other teams just seem to panic and get scared but fair play to them, they've got enough points, put the ball in the net so deserve to be there. It doiesn't matter that either team will struggle - its more about getting that money to start bank rolling the team to yoyo for abit until they can sustain a PL place for years to come. People say its not about the parachute payments cos these 2 haven't got it, but this final is a rarity to see and i don't think the Championship will be as wide open in the playoffs for a while again like it was this season.

On 5/19/2023 at 9:56 PM, Lurchzy said:

I'd rather you didn't....knock-on effect might mean Feyenoord legend Jon Dahl Tomasson could be wanted so we get robbed of our manager. Awesome.

17 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Shocking bottle job from Arsenal and finishing with a right wimper. Could've gone 11pts clear a month ago and now City win the title with 3 to spare and have just beat Chelsea to go 7pts clear and could win the league by a margin of 13.

Gary Neville called it some months back. Not everything he says is right but his reasoning for this happening was fair. It feels like a bottle job, but the real reasoning is that squad in depth that City have compared to Arsenal is just incomparable. When Arsenal needed fresh legs in this last few games they didn't have it, putting more pressure on the existing squad. Coming 2nd is still huge for Arsenal, but I get why you'd be gutted if you had that position with 5-10 games to go.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

England Squad Announced

Goalkeepers: Sam Johnstone (Crystal Palace), Jordan Pickford (Everton), Aaron Ramsdale (Arsenal)

Defenders: Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool), Lewis Dunk (Brighton & Hove Albion), Marc Guehi (Crystal Palace), Harry Maguire (Manchester United), Tyrone Mings (Aston Villa), Luke Shaw (Manchester United), John Stones (Manchester City), Kieran Trippier (Newcastle United), Kyle Walker (Manchester City)

Midfielders: Jude Bellingham (Borussia Dortmund), Eberechi Eze (Crystal Palace), Conor Gallagher (Chelsea), Jordan Henderson (Liverpool), Kalvin Phillips (Manchester City), Declan Rice (West Ham United)

Forwards: Phil Foden (Manchester City), Jack Grealish (Manchester City), Harry Kane (Tottenham Hotspur), James Maddison (Leicester City), Marcus Rashford (Manchester United), Bukayo Saka (Arsenal), Callum Wilson (Newcastle United)

3 minutes ago, Lurchzy said:

England Squad Announced

Goalkeepers: Sam Johnstone (Crystal Palace), Jordan Pickford (Everton), Aaron Ramsdale (Arsenal)

Defenders: Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool), Lewis Dunk (Brighton & Hove Albion), Marc Guehi (Crystal Palace), Harry Maguire (Manchester United), Tyrone Mings (Aston Villa), Luke Shaw (Manchester United), John Stones (Manchester City), Kieran Trippier (Newcastle United), Kyle Walker (Manchester City)

Midfielders: Jude Bellingham (Borussia Dortmund), Eberechi Eze (Crystal Palace), Conor Gallagher (Chelsea), Jordan Henderson (Liverpool), Kalvin Phillips (Manchester City), Declan Rice (West Ham United)

Forwards: Phil Foden (Manchester City), Jack Grealish (Manchester City), Harry Kane (Tottenham Hotspur), James Maddison (Leicester City), Marcus Rashford (Manchester United), Bukayo Saka (Arsenal), Callum Wilson (Newcastle United)

So glad to see Lewis Dunk finally get the call-up! Maddison and Eze in there as well! Looking like England have some fantastic options.

I know it's only against Malta and Macedonia, so no massive deal, but I think he's right to leave out people like Sterling and Dier and bring in players in better form. However I still don't really understand how people in great form like Tomori, Gibbs-White, etc miss out to people like Maguire and Kalvin Phillips who don't even play every week 🤔 

Sterling and Dier have had miserable seasons so glad they've been overlooked although I'm surprised Maddison has been given a chance as he's had a dreadful campaign. Kalvin Phillips has probably played about an hour this entire season so his selection is a bit questionable. Other than that, we look pretty decent and it's great to see players like Bellingham, Eze and Rice come on a bundle this year.

From a MU piece on the BBC. The second last sentence made me think and feel for Phil….

"Tottenham is a shambles, it feels if you were Harry Kane, with a year left on your contract, now is the time to leave. He missed the chance with Man City [last summer] and this is the time he needs to push. Tottenham is like a social experiment about how far you can push your fans. He deserves better."

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

36 minutes ago, Plumbers Crack said:

From a MU piece on the BBC. The second last sentence made me think and feel for Phil….

"Tottenham is a shambles, it feels if you were Harry Kane, with a year left on your contract, now is the time to leave. He missed the chance with Man City [last summer] and this is the time he needs to push. Tottenham is like a social experiment about how far you can push your fans. He deserves better."

THFC are in income/revenue stream for the parent company ENIC. It's all about the money 💰 

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I feel for Harry Kane. No offense to Tottenham, Kane is going to be one of those great players who didn't win anything. 

After he hangs up his boots, he will have very little trophies and memories to look back on. 

Working his arse off for years and just not achieving a lot. 

Again no hate to Spurs....

2 hours ago, IRaMPaGe said:

I feel for Harry Kane. No offense to Tottenham, Kane is going to be one of those great players who didn't win anything. 

I think he should leave in the summer and if he's destined to win something, it will be with someone else. Best for all parties IMO. Can't fault his loyalty over the years especially with the topsy-turvy nature of ownership and management of the club. Harry has had his chances to win things though - 3 cup finals with Spurs, a few semis and the Euro 2020 final and he's failed to perform in each one and not scored either.  I actually think his 'big game' performances have been very costly when it's mattered but then again, he's partly the reason why they got there in the first place. Just wish he had that extra conviction.