Football (Played with Feet)

Madjonny

Leicester all of a sudden look in real trouble and I fear for them with their run-in. Low on confidence too. Potter could do a good job there though funnily enough.

Potter just probably lost too many in a short space of time I suppose. I was hopeful the new owners could be the ones to say 'its rebuilding time' give him a few years and say it openly, but I suppose if you spend nearly £1 billion pounds I guess they don't want to be that patient. The game is actually getting far more technical at the top and I do think some gaps are closing with the others.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

43 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Leicester all of a sudden look in real trouble and I fear for them with their run-in. Low on confidence too. Potter could do a good job there though funnily enough.

Potter just probably lost too many in a short space of time I suppose. I was hopeful the new owners could be the ones to say 'its rebuilding time' give him a few years and say it openly, but I suppose if you spend nearly £1 billion pounds I guess they don't want to be that patient. The game is actually getting far more technical at the top and I do think some gaps are closing with the others.

I think Potter is a good manager but does seem to have a problem with his teams getting the ball in the back of the net. Once Chelsea rediscover their ability to score goals they'll be a force to be recognised, as other than that they have excellent players in abundance...

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

41 minutes ago, Plumbers Crack said:

Interesting that Brighton are 5 places above Chelsea, same no. of games played and with a superior goal difference 🤔

Yeah funny that, they also had a problem scoring goals when Potter was there.

I love how everyone keeps buying their players and they just shrug it off and get even better. 

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

On 3/27/2023 at 5:44 PM, J4MES OX4D said:

Doesn't matter who Spurs appoint really - the archaic and out of touch owners need to sell up to make way for someone who can inject proper funding into the club to get with the times. In the past 5 years they've failed to sign players in two transfer windows and when funding has been available, it's been wasted on utter garbage. Some of these players will be very hard to get off books and incredibly expensive to pay off as it is, and then there's probably about 5-9 new faces required. Tottenham are really in a false position in the league and it's a damning reflection of how weak and inconsistent the Prem has been this year. Any other season in the past few and they would be struggling to get a top 7 finish. 

When I used to go to the lane back in the early to mid 2000's, I saw some god awful managers and players in that time and very little to build around but with players like Kane, Son and Romero, the foundation is being wasted. There's no depth either and I can't see how one manager can turn things around especially when they wouldn't be responsible for half the signings. 

I still think they should've won something while they had Dembele, Vertongen, and Eriksson.. and now they haven't been replaced and they don't appear to have any direction.

What they need now is a young-ish Manager with a clear project and generous backing from Mr Levy.

3 hours ago, James5497 said:

I still think they should've won something while they had Dembele, Vertongen, and Eriksson.. and now they haven't been replaced and they don't appear to have any direction.

What they need now is a young-ish Manager with a clear project and generous backing from Mr Levy.

Still blows my mind that we sold Dembele when we did. Most underrated player in football imo. We were never the same after that, even with Eriksson. 

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Mad day of football - Leeds thought they were heading to safety after beating Forest last week only to get dicked 5-1 at home to Crystal Palace today! Arsenal blew a 2-0 lead at Anfield to draw 2-2 despite Liverpool missing a penalty and several chances. Title race is now wide open. Chelsea languishing in the bottom half after spending £600m is also fucking hilarious! 

Getting down to the business end of the season, the title could still go to anyone out of Shitty and the Arse.

This may be sacrilege, and Shitty are definitely the better team to watch, but I'm ok with the Woolwich lot winning the league, that Saka is too likeable for his own good. 

As for Spurs, I'm just watching to see what enfold this summer. I don't expect Champions league unless one of the Utds implodes. We all have to play each other, and the way we're playing it will be torture.

At least Cheatski have Lampard back to sweeten things up 😅

Also, note @GazzaGarratt Norwich getting thrashed last night helping your play off hopes 👊

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

On 4/15/2023 at 10:32 AM, phil bottle said:

Also, note @GazzaGarratt Norwich getting thrashed last night helping your play off hopes 👊

And then for the 4363846th time, we go and blow our next game. We literally can't score and I don't know what this hoodoo is for us every time we get past Christmas we end up in freefall. We managed to make sure we lasted until Feb this time which has helped but not sure whats worse now with Coventry to play on Wednesday night - us not making the playoffs or Cov getting the playoffs instead of us. I genuinely feel sick thinking about it. Would be incredible for a change to get a result against them and make the gap wider and potentially secure a place in the playoffs with a few games to spare. One can and will always dream....

If anyone thinks football isn't exciting for the neutral, they should tune in and watch all the remaining Championship games. About 12 teams can make the playoffs still and with 4-5 games to go I literally have no idea who will make it this year.

On 4/16/2023 at 11:41 AM, GazzaGarratt said:

And then for the 4363846th time, we go and blow our next game. We literally can't score and I don't know what this hoodoo is for us every time we get past Christmas we end up in freefall. We managed to make sure we lasted until Feb this time which has helped but not sure whats worse now with Coventry to play on Wednesday night - us not making the playoffs or Cov getting the playoffs instead of us. I genuinely feel sick thinking about it. Would be incredible for a change to get a result against them and make the gap wider and potentially secure a place in the playoffs with a few games to spare. One can and will always dream....

If anyone thinks football isn't exciting for the neutral, they should tune in and watch all the remaining Championship games. About 12 teams can make the playoffs still and with 4-5 games to go I literally have no idea who will make it this year.

Please, for the love of all that is sacred, do not let Luton fucking Town into the Premiership. You have one task, make it so 🙈🤗

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

43 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

Please, for the love of all that is sacred, do not let Luton fucking Town into the Premiership. You have one task, make it so 🙈🤗

What's wrong with Luton? 😂

I get the hatred for the Arse, shitty and Cheatski that's just obvious. 

1 hour ago, IRaMPaGe said:

I get the hatred for the Arse, shitty and Cheatski that's just obvious. 

To be fair to Luton, they beat the wandering south londoners in the 1988 League Cup final when I was a youngster, so if that kind of thing comes along again I won't complain 😅

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

20 hours ago, IRaMPaGe said:

Not many fans like them tbh, it didn't help when they had Nathan Jones as their manager not long ago too, felt like they were giving everyone the biggun'. I bloody hope they don't go up either @phil bottle 😁 but tbh, we have more chance of stopping Millwall rather than Luton given they are already pretty much in the playoffs with their points total.

19 hours ago, IRaMPaGe said:

I just randomly came across a YouTube video of Burnley fans chanting. 

I would post, but it would make Lee physically sick and disgusted. 🤢

Wash your mouth out with soap as soon as you can, Kenny. Thats nearly a bannable post here.

@GazzaGarratt

That's why I didn't post it, now that would be a bannable offense. 

It was a derby game and they were singing a chant you probably know of it.

I didn't realise how fierce the rivalry was between the 2 teams. 

I take it their home stadium being mentioned is a disgusting word as well? 

2 hours ago, IRaMPaGe said:

I take it their home stadium being mentioned is a disgusting word as well? 

Turd Moor? Only if you spell it right 😎

1 hour ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Make that the 4363847th🤣

🤣 Told you! 😔😭

As per usual, abuse from messages started way before kick off so I wasn't answering anything last night. Shame as yet again dominated a game only to be outdone by that handball at the end. Whilst we shouldn't have dropped deep for the last 10 mins, injuries cost us as we had a makeshift back 5 so something was bound to happen as its Cov.

Have to keep the faith and keep positive. One more point gained. One extra game in hand so we have to do all we can, even if we have the hardest run-in. I'd have snapped your hand off before the season started if you said we'd be in the playoffs with 4 games to go.