Battlefield 1 Content / Missing ingredients

GazzaGarratt

I think this is the main issue with this game.

I'd like to know what others think as I haven't played the franchise as much as you guys, however even though I can't fault the game that much, it just seems to lack something which I believe is content.

Yeah, I hate dying alot which can happen in certain game modes but I could deal with it if maybe there was more game modes or variety in maps.

Be great to hear what you peeps think what it desperately needs.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Battlefield strengthbh is also it weakness. They go for realism but it often lack fun stuff.

Just look at stuff like Overwatch. The game is totally unrealistic to the point of being stupid, but it is loads of fun. Titanfall same thing. Cod in the golden days the same (you can tell me that calling in a chopper gunner in MW2 and spawn trapping the other guys didn't make you smile even if you felt dirty afterwards). 

Battlefield doesn't have that. I find that after a week of BF I am done because I have done it all. I also played a shitload of Bad company 2, BF3, BF4. I didn't even get BF1 after playing beta and maxing out on the beta level. 

Despite all of us complaining when the OP stuff happens to us, we all like doing it to others and it is good for shits and giggles. It's a  game after all. Realism is depressing for the most part. I really don't want to me reminded of what goes on in Syria or what happened to my ancestors as they got torn apart during a real war. It makes me kind of sad instead. 

That's a good point @cyberninja2601, it does feel a bit 'too real' (I know that's what a lot of people want) when really whats core to a game is knowing its still a game that's playable and you can figure out how to get around the hard bits when you practice.

Still, it's hard for me to have a go at the game as it is so beautiful to look at and, at times, a whole lotta mindless fun.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

Great game, I put it on the backburner for a while simply due to the sheer volume of games that came out since October.

I know I'll be playing all year.

A big patch is due which will balance a few things though I've not found anything game breaking, it was a relatively good launch.

I don't really get the 'too realistic' thing, it's a video game. Real life is what makes me sad these days, this is an escape from that.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

For me, I'm perhaps a bit burned out on FPS games in general but BF1 certainly doesn't have the staying power like BF4 did and the main catalyst for this is sheer content available I think. I departed BF4 when you had over 30 maps, tons of guns/attachments and lots of vehicle variety plus gadgets. With BF1; it was back to square one with just core maps, bog-standard vehicles and underwhelming weaponary. The lack of variety in the guns and other material just made everything seem a bit bland and with just a few maps available; you could see everything available in a short period of time. BF4 is still a complete package and gets a decent regular player count. I love the WW1 setting in BF1 but it doesn't have the scope or style of modern games like BF4.

I do think Battlefield 1 is a good game and will improve down the line but it just doesn't appeal right now and I may skip the premium pass if I don't feel like going back - that being the only thing that can really turn it around. The mechanics are great, the combat is fine, the maps are brilliant and it's visually remarkable at times but it just doesn't feel enough for me right now and I'd say its a combo of FPS burnout and a lack of content. The other factor is that there is always something else I want to play. 

At least it's not pure garbage like Call of Duty is now where even the remastered is dead in the water. 

I did have a whine in the whatsapp the other day yet played bf1 alot this past weekend because I felt like I had a couple of challenges to do most of which I set myself.

Still think gas grenades and op vehicles are a problem for me gas should be removed and tanks should be repaired from outside like in bf4.

As for lack of content I don't see why we can't suspend belief as this is a video game but dice reacted to those that said they don't need loads of weapons as they only used a couple in bf4 which doesn't help . 

Having said that the game still amazes sometimes with those only in battlefield moments I had a great game of hide and seek with a shotgun class on a flag on the giants shadow map, I'm guessing there was some swearing going on .