News Ticker
  • Welcome to FG
  • Hope you have a great Christmas and a brilliant new year!
Sign in to follow this  
Dan94

What phone do you have?

I listened to you guys and rang up 3 again to see what I could get. Didn't get the Samsung Note 9 but got Samsung 9 instead.

No upfront cost and only £33 for 30GB of data. Thats only £5 more than I was paying so I'm really happy.

Oh and 2 years instead of 3 👍😉

I listened to you guys and rang up 3 again to see what I could get. Didn't get the Samsung Note 9 but got Samsung 9 instead.

No upfront cost and only £33 for 30GB of data. Thats only £5 more than I was paying so I'm really happy.

Oh and 2 years instead of 3
That's a much better deal. Shame it's a Shitsung phone

Via the FG App

On ‎9‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 10:25 AM, GazzaGarratt said:

Oh and 2 years instead of 3 👍😉

Nice one GG, sure you'll love it :D

Nice one GG, sure you'll love it
Cheers mate. It came yesterday so still getting used to it tbh. At least I can hopefully keep up to date now with everything a little easier! The clarity on the S9 looks amazing.

Did you get that deal by being an existing customer?  Thanks to Milo, I need a new phone too.
Yes mate. However, if you don't mind spending a small fee upfront you could probably get a decent deal on one. I was just never going to pay any more money than my Direct Debit.

So I got quotes for a new screen for my S7.  Some one man bands were quoting £250.  Thought I'd just check with Samsung before I got it repaired.  They have a capped fee of £199 for a screen, and would throw in a new battery, result.  Went to the Trafford centre, booked it in and went looking at some shops whilst it was being done.

Absolutely chuffed with the result.  I think they effectively transferred my system board into a new phone.  I have new battery, new screen, new metal bezel, and the charge port is much tighter now on USB cables ( it was getting a bit weak).  It was effectively a new phone.  So happy with the result I may keep it and get the wife a new phone instead of me changing.