Season 1 Reloaded

IRaMPaGe

Along with inclusion of Shipment and the "Honey Badger" Assault Rifle, some guns etc have had some buffs and nerfs. 

The Riot Shield most noticeably got nerfed the hardest imo. 

It now takes 3 hits in core to kill. Yes 3 hits FFS! 😨

It also got a movement speed decrease to make it even slower. 

Yup the shield got absolutely destroyed. 

Thoughts? 

I haven't played much of the update but am enjoying it, I never used the riot shield so quite happy with the nerfs but it must be pretty frustrating for players that do use it. 

Matches on shipment are like a clusterfuck, its brilliant!!! So much chaos. 

I'm hoping to unlock the new AR tonight in MP, 

17 hours ago, Tove said:

I haven't played much of the update but am enjoying it, I never used the riot shield so quite happy with the nerfs but it must be pretty frustrating for players that do use it. 

I think the Riot Shield nerf was too much. 3 hits are absolutely unreasonable. By that time Thermites, Semtex and RPGs would of killed you by then. 

6 minutes ago, IRaMPaGe said:

I think the Riot Shield nerf was too much. 3 hits are absolutely unreasonable. By that time Thermites, Semtex and RPGs would of killed you by then. 

I think most people just use it has a turtle shell anyways, 

The shield did need a nerf, it may have gone too far though. That said I have it on mostly as ninja say's a turtle shell, it just provides a little extra protection if someone get's the drop on you and gives you chance to get away into cover before fighting back 🙂

On the flip side, with it being 3 hits, it's not exactly going to be easy for those who enjoy it to get the gold camo now as well.

Luseth.png

54 minutes ago, Luseth said:

The shield did need a nerf, it may have gone too far though. That said I have it on mostly as ninja say's a turtle shell, it just provides a little extra protection if someone get's the drop on you and gives you chance to get away into cover before fighting back 🙂

On the flip side, with it being 3 hits, it's not exactly going to be easy for those who enjoy it to get the gold camo now as well.

Yeah that's what I mean, trying to get the gold camo will be horrible. 

I think you might need to get double kills? Or 2 kill streaks. 

With 3 hits and if it is double kills it will be rough. 

23 hours ago, Tove said:

They didn’t listen to the communities complaints. Nowhere did anyone say the riot shield needed its damage nerfed. Everyone wanted the turtling to be nerfed. Slowed down the use of the throwing knife. Really. I like many of the changes they made however I am still confused by this one. 

4 hours ago, Luseth said:

Yet they did nothing to solve the turtling issue

3 hours ago, TigerBurge said:

Yet they did nothing to solve the turtling issue

They are actively promoting turtling with a riot shield so I doubt that there will be any changes there. 

I don't know about you guys but my spawns this evening have been atrocious, I have been spawning at point blank in front of the enemy, 

11 hours ago, Tove said:

They are actively promoting turtling with a riot shield so I doubt that there will be any changes there. 

I don't know about you guys but my spawns this evening have been atrocious, I have been spawning at point blank in front of the enemy, 

This is probably my biggest complaint about MW2022. The spawns are probably the worst I’ve seen in a CoD game. They need to go back to the old spawn system. I honestly think I would rather be spawn trapped than the shit they do now. One person gets in your spawn because a dumbass teammate won’t move out and all you do is get killed by the same person over and over. 

2 hours ago, TigerBurge said:

This is probably my biggest complaint about MW2022. The spawns are probably the worst I’ve seen in a CoD game. They need to go back to the old spawn system. I honestly think I would rather be spawn trapped than the shit they do now. One person gets in your spawn because a dumbass teammate won’t move out and all you do is get killed by the same person over and over. 

That's why they need to bring back martyrdom 🙂. Can you imagine an entire team running that with these spawns. 

I read somewhere these bad spawns are intentional in order to make getting the streaks harder. So the closer you are to your streaks, the worse your spawns. I think is was a JGOD article

I've seen so many Shipment nuke world records this week and they are all done in bot lobbies. Getting really embarrassing now - do they think the audience are blind or stupid? One incredibly proud dude managed it without anyone else on the opposite team even shooting their gun once - he was literally falling off his chair with fake sweat yet most of the time the enemy team was just standing still facing the wall🤣

9 hours ago, cyberninja2601 said:

That's why they need to bring back martyrdom 🙂. Can you imagine an entire team running that with these spawns. 

I read somewhere these bad spawns are intentional in order to make getting the streaks harder. So the closer you are to your streaks, the worse your spawns. I think is was a JGOD article

Martyrdom would be awesome, I would be happy with your player dropping your frag if you are killed whilst throwing it, currently it only stays in play if you have already let go of it before you are killed. 

I get the spawns trying to make streaks harder I can get on board with that, however there are many times the game spawns you into an impossible situation in the middle of the enemy squad

On 12/16/2022 at 11:46 PM, Tove said:

Spawns lol, an enemy and myself spawned together at the same spot and sort of looked at each other for a split second before realising 🤣

As for the content, I may have changed my mind about shipment being fun if you don't care about stats or winning or playing objectives but still it's pretty week as  @Diddumswould say " new content guys"

The turtle shit needs to be sorted.

23 hours ago, cyberninja2601 said:

I don’t think it’s intentional. It’s squad spawning. You always spawn near a teammate. If you team is spread out the spawns work great. If they are bunched up or one twat is camping those spawn you’re fucked. There is no more invisible line that flips the spawn like before. Or the line is really pushed back. If you have someone staying if each of their spawns it won’t flip. I’ve seen it too many times now. 

Well I played the riot shield today and it's bloody amazing. It's also hilarious how people panic when they see it.  I went on some pretty decent kill streaks on Shipment with it.  I got to say it was a lot of fun

3 hits is not that bad. Can't imagine how good it must have been pre-nerf

I got it to level 13 in 3-4 matches 

13 minutes ago, cyberninja2601 said:

Well I played the riot shield today and it's bloody amazing. It's also hilarious how people panic when they see it.  I went on some pretty decent kill streaks on Shipment with it.  I got to say it was a lot of fun

3 hits is not that bad. Can't imagine how good it must have been pre-nerf

I got it to level 13 in 3-4 matches 

The problem with the riot shield is so many counters. 

Drill Charges, Semtex, Thermite and even Molotovs and C4. 

You can slide round them and own them especially with SMG's and Shotguns.

Launchers can blast them quite easily if they are standing and not crouched (feet exposed). 

My main gripe with the 3 hit kill is, your kills can be scooped up quite easily by teammates leaving you with assists because of the time it takes. 

3 hits can take over a second, maybe 1.2 ish. 

Some of these SMG's and Assault Rifles are maybe 200ms on average. 

Some of the SMG's are in the 150-200ms range when close up. 

Shotguns probably even quicker. 

38 minutes ago, IRaMPaGe said:

The problem with the riot shield is so many counters. 

Drill Charges, Semtex, Thermite and even Molotovs and C4. 

You can slide round them and own them especially with SMG's and Shotguns.

Launchers can blast them quite easily if they are standing and not crouched (feet exposed). 

My main gripe with the 3 hit kill is, your kills can be scooped up quite easily by teammates leaving you with assists because of the time it takes. 

3 hits can take over a second, maybe 1.2 ish. 

Some of these SMG's and Assault Rifles are maybe 200ms on average. 

Some of the SMG's are in the 150-200ms range when close up. 

Shotguns probably even quicker. 

That maybe. But the Shield is gold and it probably took me 90 minutes at most to get there. I was getting 40 kill a game with it. Can't imagine what it would be like if not for the nerf

1 hour ago, cyberninja2601 said:

Well I played the riot shield today and it's bloody amazing. It's also hilarious how people panic when they see it.

I don't panic when I see a Riot Shield. In fact I relish it as I always have the Drill Charge equipped and killing a Riot Shield user with one is hilarious. 

fart.gif

7 minutes ago, MrBiron said:

I don't panic when I see a Riot Shield. In fact I relish it as I always have the Drill Charge equipped and killing a Riot Shield user with one is hilarious. 

Good for you. But the 40 kills per game with quad kills and better would seem to indicate you are not the majority. 

You can definitely do well with it and have fun with it. 

I don't mind taking them on, I try and be aggressive and confident against them. 

I hate when I'm reloading and they appear or if 1 sneaks up behind me and starts bashing me to bits. 

I like to have space against them. I have seen them back away from me if I act like a maniac.

First time I've bought a battle pass on a CoD game. The season has been pretty decent tbh. Some blueprints are quite nice to use and Shoot House revamped map plays really well. DMZ being released in this season with a potential 'Raid' to do too is a great addition to the game. Overall, I can't fault it much at all.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb