Battlefield 2042 Now

J4MES OX4D

Looking a lot better these days but I dunno if it's too late in the day. At least it'll give some confidence for the next title especially with all the staff associated with the OG 2042 literally all gone. The team that's taken over have done a pretty good job and there's been an upturn in players of late thanks to free weekends on Steam, discounts and people returning. Still needs a good 12 months to complete the overhaul I'd say and the guns really lack punch compared to COD now, but they may be able to salvage something and go out with some pride.

batttlefield has always suffered from execution problems 

I remember removing BF4 to come back to it a year later because it ran so poorly. After than it was awesome

Didn't like any of them after that. 

DICE needs a kick in the ass to get developers to get it somewhat right the first time

44 minutes ago, cyberninja2601 said:

batttlefield has always suffered from execution problems 

I remember removing BF4 to come back to it a year later because it ran so poorly. After than it was awesome

Didn't like any of them after that. 

DICE needs a kick in the ass to get developers to get it somewhat right the first time

Yeah, I stopped playing Battlefield 4 within the first week because of the netcode issues and other bugs. Just when I thought it was safe to return, the invisible wall glitch materialised so I left it a good 6-7 months and upon returning, the game was slowly improving and when it was finally perfectly playable, every expansion had been released and there were over 80 weapons so it was a remarkable package overall. 

Battlefield Hardline was just lame and BF1 was pretty stable but just not for everyone. Battlefield V was another major disappointment - awful relationship brewed between the developers and community and we received a fairly broken game upon launch and with them spending a good year on fixing that, we missed out on several pre-planned expansions. 

BF2042 took the absolute biscuit though with so many staple features missing, conceptual woes and some really odd design choices. With all DICE's experience and research over the years, it just defies belief how they released it in such a state and the decisions they made. I just hope next time they can get it right day one rather than year one being a case of trying to get to square one. 

On 12/4/2022 at 9:24 AM, J4MES OX4D said:

That rail gun is ridiculous. Good to hear its becoming much more of a stable game. It may see us return one day soon perhaps.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

27 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

Today BF went back to the old class system, plus a bunch of other stuff. Too little too late for most but I'll certainly give it a go.

If anything, it does bode well for the next title at least especially with fresh developers working on the game. So many stupid and unnecessary changes made in 2042 to start with along with the utterly lousy execution. It somewhat resembles a BF title now but still a bit to go before they can say job done. Need to go back to A to F singular sectors on new maps too IMO as opposed to C1/C2 etc..

After playing MW2, guns really look like they lack punch though even when compared to previous games and I'm not too keen on the engine currently but if they can start the next game where this is finishing then maybe there is some hope for the future.

It's rather unfortunate that DICE can't get the shit together. The last good release that I can remember was BF3.  BF4 took about a year before it was stable and could run. Once it did, it was pretty amazing.

Everything was downhill after that. I don't think they had a hit since. 

Every BF since, I did the beta and uninstalled mid way. Don't remember if 2042 had one, I know that didn't even bother since the buzz was so bad

Would love to go back and try it but it feels inferior to MW2 right now still. I wasn't a big BF player anyway but the reintroduction of classes make sense and worth an update to my game next time i'm on.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

52 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Would love to go back and try it but it feels inferior to MW2 right now still. I wasn't a big BF player anyway but the reintroduction of classes make sense and worth an update to my game next time i'm on.

This game was so disappointing for me. It’s a shame. They pretty much stole my money. 😆 

BEARDED, FOR HER PLEASURE

56 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

It's pretty decent right now, just needs more new maps. I get bored quickly with COD these days and find BF2042 a lot more fun.

I’ll have to reinstall it and give it a go when I’m bored. 

BEARDED, FOR HER PLEASURE

MW2’s combat is punchy but 2042’s just feels rapid in comparison so you don’t really get a sense for the guns other than they’re extremely OP. Don’t think I’ve ever played a BF game where the guns feel so light and unauthentic. The movement also feels strange and it just makes the whole experience feel like a freebie sandbox created in something like Unity.