Resident Evil 4 Remake

IMO, RE4 is one of those games that didn't need a remake.  It was honestly fine just how it was.

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*

3 hours ago, Riff Machine said:

IMO, RE4 is one of those games that didn't need a remake.  It was honestly fine just how it was.

I find that with some movies as well. 

The older games/movies even if they are spot on or ahead of their time, eventually the graphics of a game or the special effects available that wasn't there for a movie can amp it up a bit. 

Problem is a remake can be done badly and alienate the original fans. 

Or as your saying Chad in this case that it doesn't really need one. 

Curious on your thoughts of what one could do with a remake? Or is there any other games you can think of you would love to see a remake personally. 

6 hours ago, IRaMPaGe said:

Curious on your thoughts of what one could do with a remake? Or is there any other games you can think of you would love to see a remake personally. 

I’d do this.

Meta Gear Solid.  I’d upgrade the entire visual aspect of the game to unreal 5.  Bring the gameplay up to a 3rd person perspective much like they did with mgs3: subsistence and future Metal Gear games going forward.  

I’d update the audio only for the ambience and sound effects.   I’d take all the voice acting done in the GC remake Twin Snakes and use that in this version.  (The likely hood of that happening is so far-fetched, but it’s what I’d want.)

MGS was one of those games that blew me away at the time, and while aspects of the series got better, I feel it lost a lot of the appeal thanks in no small part to MgS2.  3 was great, and there’s an argument there to say “Remake that!” But, the first one would be my choice.  

16 minutes ago, Riff Machine said:

I’d do this.

Meta Gear Solid.  I’d upgrade the entire visual aspect of the game to unreal 5.  Bring the gameplay up to a 3rd person perspective much like they did with mgs3: subsistence and future Metal Gear games going forward.  

I’d update the audio only for the ambience and sound effects.   I’d take all the voice acting done in the GC remake Twin Snakes and use that in this version.  (The likely hood of that happening is so far-fetched, but it’s what I’d want.)

MGS was one of those games that blew me away at the time, and while aspects of the series got better, I feel it lost a lot of the appeal thanks in no small part to MgS2.  3 was great, and there’s an argument there to say “Remake that!” But, the first one would be my choice.  

Hard to argue with any of that Chad it all sounds superb. Far fetched or not it would be incredibly perfect. 👌💥

I think we airing towards a place where we all understands remakes become a thing now, but the demands of a remake changing as much as they can or enhancing it to the best of their ability is an absolute must. Would be nice with each remake, they could an extra zone like if the original has a small DLC part to it so you felt like you were playing some nostalgia but also rediscovering something new at the same time.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

It's a shame.  I'd really like to see these development teams working on some new IPs or coming up with new ideas as oppose to the remake/remaster shit.  Another example is "spiritual succesors" like this new game being developed by the creator of Dead Space called The Callisto Protocol.  It's pretty much Dead Space with a different name.  

14 hours ago, Riff Machine said:

It's a shame.  I'd really like to see these development teams working on some new IPs or coming up with new ideas as oppose to the remake/remaster shit.  Another example is "spiritual succesors" like this new game being developed by the creator of Dead Space called The Callisto Protocol.  It's pretty much Dead Space with a different name.  

Thankfully Capcom always have a team working on mainline IP's. The likes of EA though are pulling and pushing staff in all directions away from new projects into remastering old titles for quick cash. I can't complain about Capcom as they always seem to deliver quality, never have delays or mislead. If they were just doing old games then I'd question their ambitions but for the last few years they've always given us something in each one. 

Unrelated to RE4 remake, but for anyone that bought the RE2, 3 and RE7 on PS4, they've released PS5 versions that are a free upgrade.  Prettier versions of good games...  Except the RE3 remake.  Fuck that one.  Lol

54 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

I saw something about them redoing RE: Village as well, but in third person 😅

Demo is live now 

Fair play for them for doing it but I probably wont play it this way. These newer ones were intended for first person so it'll probably seem a bit weird. Certainly looks like a mod from what I've seen of ti but it still works well.

13 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

I've got to say it does look great. I've played it so many times I don't feel the need to play a prettier version. Again, maybe in a sale in a couple of years after release.

Same here! I picked up RE2 and 3 remake in a steam sale and steam bundle for about £20

Capcom's big show tomorrow 

capcom-logo-1678133700406.jpg?width=1280
WWW.IGN.COM

Wondering when and where to stream the Capcom Spotlight showcase? Check out all of the details here.

and a strong possibility we'll be getting a demo for Resident Evil 4 imminently. 

Nope not downloading it.

I played this shit out of this on the game cube can't spoil it for my self.

Will he a while till I get it as doing the ps4 version of 7 again also need to go through 8 again but definitely looking forward to it.

slamminbones.png

Just finished the demo - took about 20 minutes to complete. Feels very much like the RE2 Remake which is great, but in the re-imagined RE4 world. Not sure they can top the latter though in terms of atmosphere and visual style along with the control implementation.  I'm actually more tempted than ever to go and download RE4 vanilla and then install the HD project mod 

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

I don't think you can beat the visual design of the original

254700_20220204015046bwjcg.png

I think it looks great tbh. Not that I will be playing it but I may pick it up at some point later down the line. Its way more gun-ho in this one which may help me get over how I always used to be struggling for ammo in the others!

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb