Modern Warfare 2(022)

J4MES OX4D

18 hours ago, phil bottle said:

Same as that and think I'll resist until I see a whole bunch of reviews at the very least.

For the first time it feels like many of us at FG will back on a CoD and thats a feeling I thought we'd never have again tbh. I'd rather be buying this at the start to enjoy all the group up benefits that comes with it, and of course, the private matches we should be able to play on this. I want to actually get into the classes more and understand how more guns work on this one. The beta really felt good for the time I played it.

20 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Campaign releases this time next week. Still really unsure about picking this up although I would like to play the story. 

I'm touch and go wanting to pre-order to try it. I think I'll push hard to make myself play MW2019 story first before this considering the recent positive feedback its received here. You should also get it to group up with FG this time round....😎

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

Done a few missions of the campaign and haven't really enjoyed it so far. Actually I'd say it's very frustrating on veteran and some of the early missions are incredibly generic and boring. Cutscenes look great but it's a very typical story we've seen a million times over in COD. Hopefully it'll improve but it's nothing we haven't played before and the AI along with mission design is very lackluster although some of the visuals are impressive. 

Veteran is brutally unfair - it's not difficult, it just feels broken. Too many times enemies pop out of nowhere or skip multiple frames to kill you in one hit. They can pre-fire through any surface too. So many trial and error occurrences.  Missions also seem pretty short.  Hopefully things will begin to improve but the first 3 were nothing short of dreadful. 

5 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Done a few missions of the campaign and haven't really enjoyed it so far. Actually I'd say it's very frustrating on veteran and some of the early missions are incredibly generic and boring. Cutscenes look great but it's a very typical story we've seen a million times over in COD. Hopefully it'll improve but it's nothing we haven't played before and the AI along with mission design is very lackluster although some of the visuals are impressive. 

Veteran is brutally unfair - it's not difficult, it just feels broken. Too many times enemies pop out of nowhere or skip multiple frames to kill you in one hit. They can pre-fire through any surface too. So many trial and error occurrences.  Missions also seem pretty short.  Hopefully things will begin to improve but the first 3 were nothing short of dreadful. 

That's why I play all of my games on easy. I play games to have fun not to get pissed off at them.

fart.gif

I did them, many of them are rather frustrating. Don't want to spoil anything but alone and prison break particularly annoying

Ghost team was a shit show. One that one you get all of 141 in a mission with the mexican special forces, yet it seems like your the only person who brought a gun. If ghost is so shit out why doesn't take a shot or two to back you up. The mexican spend the entire boss battle hiding behind a crate. Why did you come along then Hesse. I just wanted to shot him myself but the game wouldn't let me

10 minutes ago, cyberninja2601 said:

I did them, many of them are rather frustrating. Don't want to spoil anything but alone and prison break particularly annoying

Ghost team was a shit show. One that one you get all of 141 in a mission with the mexican special forces, yet it seems like your the only person who brought a gun. If ghost is so shit out why doesn't take a shot or two to back you up. The mexican spend the entire boss battle hiding behind a crate. Why did you come along then Hesse. I just wanted to shot him myself but the game wouldn't let me

There’s some really bizarre mission design choices. The most ridiculous level I’ve done so far was the AC130 one where you and your team are tasked with capturing a known terrorist whilst providing Overwatch support - this resulting in the deaths of about 50 suspected assailants, wiping out an entire compound and then destroying a village. All this to capture the person, interrogate him in a desert at night with the usual chit-chat for 2 minutes and then letting him go because of not having any evidence!? It’s almost a TLOU2 standard of error-strewn amateur writing.

The mission after that begins with some promise although it painfully tries to mimic/tribute All Ghillied Up and then deteriorates into you raiding buildings with about 10 enemies in each but despite being on your own to do this and the bases being on high alert, the 30 or so enemies are too scared to confront you head on as you easily wipe them out from above. Also Price just leaves you to your own devices without any logic - not that the AI provide any meaningful help in any mission.

Don’t think I’ve played a mission yet that isn’t let down by shocking AI, archaic design or incredibly frustrating gameplay issues.

1 hour ago, J4MES OX4D said:

There’s some really bizarre mission design choices. The most ridiculous level I’ve done so far was the AC130 one where you and your team are tasked with capturing a known terrorist whilst providing Overwatch support - this resulting in the deaths of about 50 suspected assailants, wiping out an entire compound and then destroying a village. All this to capture the person, interrogate him in a desert at night with the usual chit-chat for 2 minutes and then letting him go because of not having any evidence!? It’s almost a TLOU2 standard of error-strewn amateur writing.

The mission after that begins with some promise although it painfully tries to mimic/tribute All Ghillied Up and then deteriorates into you raiding buildings with about 10 enemies in each but despite being on your own to do this and the bases being on high alert, the 30 or so enemies are too scared to confront you head on as you easily wipe them out from above. Also Price just leaves you to your own devices without any logic - not that the AI provide any meaningful help in any mission.

Don’t think I’ve played a mission yet that isn’t let down by shocking AI, archaic design or incredibly frustrating gameplay issues.

Yah

bad guy, "you can't prove a thing. Ah, ah sucker". Ok then, boom head shot. Problem solved, bring on MW3

That, truck chase was pretty dumb also.  Chasing 100 trucks on motorcycles when you have a helicopter that can fly ahead and bomb the road.  Makes a lot sense

There is a driving section mission. It is by far one of the most annoying gaming bits I've played for ages. It wasn't fun at all. I had to turn the game off after I'd finished that mission because it pissed me off so much.

fart.gif

I just did the convoy mission and it's probably the worst mission I have ever played in the franchise. Far too drawn-out, repetitive and boring plus the whole thing is practically on-rails. The premise is ridiculous too - agent gets captured by most the most feared terrorists and you and your team of 4 manage to capture her back the very next day battling 40 vehicles, helicopters, mines, drones and a tank literally. The upside-down section was also laughable and served no enjoyment. 

Despite the visuals impressing, the gameplay is almost rooted into 2007 and feels even more conceptually archaic but this time with the most horrendous level design and writing imaginable. I've heard there's a worse missions after this too which really doesn't bode well. I was gonna play a few missions tonight but this one has ruined me mentally. 

2 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

I've heard there's a worse missions after this too which really doesn't bode well. I was gonna play a few missions tonight but this one has ruined me mentally. 

I think I may have just played the worse mission. It was very annoying. Again. Seems they just want to piss off players. 

fart.gif

13 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

I just did the convoy mission and it's probably the worst mission I have ever played in the franchise. Far too drawn-out, repetitive and boring plus the whole thing is practically on-rails. The premise is ridiculous too - agent gets captured by most the most feared terrorists and you and your team of 4 manage to capture her back the very next day battling 40 vehicles, helicopters, mines, drones and a tank literally. The upside-down section was also laughable and served no enjoyment. 

Despite the visuals impressing, the gameplay is almost rooted into 2007 and feels even more conceptually archaic but this time with the most horrendous level design and writing imaginable. I've heard there's a worse missions after this too which really doesn't bode well. I was gonna play a few missions tonight but this one has ruined me mentally. 

Are we really saying its worse than the press F to pay respects mission?

Shame some aren't finding it great. Its obviously going to be somewhat cheesy as they are re-introducing all the better characters in the past. It does look great from the small clips i've seen, really well done on the graphics side.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

17 hours ago, MrBiron said:

I think I may have just played the worse mission. It was very annoying. Again. Seems they just want to piss off players. 

Well I know I played the worse mission because I played the all. All the missions names with rewards are available. Which one was the worse mission? There are number of them.

"Ghost team" with the boss battles and you allies crouching in the corner jerking off for me was the worse. I don't know how you can do that on veteran level as it is such a cheat by the AI

"alone" was probably next. Too long, too pointless. For fucks sakes Ghost if you know where I am how about coming over and helping a brother out man. Another ally crouching in a corner jerking off. 

Almost felt like trying to win an objective based game with randoms

What also shocked me is it takes literally 12 missions before you actually have a level where you can run and gun without having some on-rails gimmicky event dominating the mission. Even then, the next mission after that is a stealth+crafting one which was utterly painful. Also got sick and tired with the amount of enemies that wear body armour in the very few missions where you're actually shooting - the developers literally have a hard-on for Warzone fodder nonsense in this game.

The tank boss battle was also hilariously bad - you wouldn't see this amateur garbage design even in Call of Duty 3. The oil rig mission that I was really looking forward to turned out to be nothing more than musical chairs with cargo containers too! Every time I get to a new mission and think this looks interesting it turns out to be nothing more than rage-inducing trash with some tacked on garbage mechanic or infuriating combat encounters with bullet-sponge enemies.

The checkpoint system is also a joke - on some missions it saves literally every 15 seconds even if you're just about to be shot and on the worst missions you can be set back many minutes of torture. 

1. The story is all over the place, letting Hassan go in beyond ridiculous for example.

2. The boss battle with the tank. Was the tank supposed to stay in one place? Glitch or by design?

3. Armour wearing enemies is tedious, COD should not generally be a bullet sponge game.

4. Some of the missions could have been done better but overall I've actually quite enjoyed it. 

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

15 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

2. The boss battle with the tank. Was the tank supposed to stay in one place? Glitch or by design?

Did your tank stay still Phil? Mine was driving round all the buildings and you had to intercept/lure it into the C4 after fending off a wave of 4-8 enemies after each successful it. There was quite a few random bugs - mission 3 I couldn't get on the barge and the Chicago level I couldn't even reload my weapon at one point. 

I can't believe the big showpiece was me running around a skyscaper armed with a briefcase and some booby traps🤣

Not finished the campaign yet (about to do Chicago), but on the whole I've enjoyed it, barring one or two bits in particular.

had a look at acheivements and I'm not entirely sure how you're mean to finish Alone without firing a gun. Some bits look impossible to get past without alerting enemies.

1562265543_Starletlogsig.png.19b3c199efb193f2f7d11a161bf5a2d6.png

1 hour ago, Bluebear said:

had a look at acheivements and I'm not entirely sure how you're mean to finish Alone without firing a gun. Some bits look impossible to get past without alerting enemies.

Just put it on the lowest difficulty setting - you can literally takedown the 3 enemies in the alley with melee and not die the AI is that bad. There are ways to do it on veteran but it requires lots of research, luck and patience plus collecting crucial crafting items. 

1 hour ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Did your tank stay still Phil? Mine was driving round all the buildings and you had to intercept/lure it into the C4 after fending off a wave of 4-8 enemies after each successful it. There was quite a few random bugs - mission 3 I couldn't get on the barge and the Chicago level I couldn't even reload my weapon at one point. 

I can't believe the big showpiece was me running around a skyscaper armed with a briefcase and some booby traps🤣

Yeah ffs I thought it was too easy. My tank was stuck in one place on the outer perimeter 😂

I forgot about the briefcase mission and yeah having to craft stuff again at the end was not a fun way to close it out...

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

9 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

Yeah ffs I thought it was too easy. My tank was stuck in one place on the outer perimeter 😂

Haha you got away lightly! The boss fight was a pain when it works - getting shot to shit by a tank in front and then spawning enemies behind whist you're desperately running round trying to locate orange toolboxes with conveniently placed C4 in them. I think it took 4 hits and 4 enemy waves including armoured ones plus you had ensure the C4 was down and not only hope the tank went over it but time the detonation right. the buildings don't provide much cover either. 

2 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Just put it on the lowest difficulty setting - you can literally takedown the 3 enemies in the alley with melee and not die the AI is that bad. There are ways to do it on veteran but it requires lots of research, luck and patience plus collecting crucial crafting items. 

Ta, I'll try that if I can be bothered to do another playthrough 😄

1562265543_Starletlogsig.png.19b3c199efb193f2f7d11a161bf5a2d6.png