Football (Played with Feet)

Madjonny

Conspiracy Theory... Rafa is unpopular with Real Madrid fans and players so is sacked. Zidane, who is a fans favourite, is appointed manager until end of season, with his knowledge, then moves sideways as assistant manager when the guy they really want is available and can spend transfer budget. :ph34r:

Discuss

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

Honestly I can see Zizou get to spend some cash if he can convince the board it's needed. Also hope he does well enough to have the job for years to come.

In other news, silly season! God how much I love the rumors that flourish this time of year. Couple of days ago I saw a rumor saying United will splash £140mil on Neymar, £75mil on Bale and £40mil on Felipe Anderson. I could not stop laughing at the many hopefull posts from United fans about those deals... There's no way Barca will part with Neymar or Real with Bale :P

OK Phil, I'll bite....what does it mean? I've Googled it and all I get is Sanskrit references

It basically means 'Up Barcelona' or 'Go Barcelona'.

Gora is actually Basque, it's for for 'Up' , not sure why it's used in Catalonia though as they speak Catalan, but that's football for you.

Barna is the slang name for Barcelona, I think it has derivation of a slang term for prison, I'll ask the little lady to confirm that when I speak to her.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I'm suspecting James is a happy boy today, what a result against Swansea :D

I'm bloody buzzing! Been on it since 9.30am B)

Incredible game and sensational performance - we looked like a Premiership team out there today and it could have been a lot more than 3-2. Shelvey gave up in the end and their defence got torn to pieces throughout. Just got to fend off transfer offers this month though and I wouldn't have accepted any less than £1m for Kemar Roofe before the game and I wouldn't accept any less than £3m tonight :D Great goals in the game too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnbLwVX763Y

I'm bloody buzzing! Been on it since 9.30am B)

Incredible game and sensational performance - we looked like a Premiership team out there today and it could have been a lot more than 3-2. Shelvey gave up in the end and their defence got torn to pieces throughout. Just got to fend off transfer offers this month though and I wouldn't have accepted any less than £1m for Kemar Roofe before the game and I wouldn't accept any less than £3m tonight :D Great goals in the game too!

Yeah man, it was good to see, after that cheeky first goal I bet Swansea thought it'd be a walk over ;)

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

^ lol I love it when domestic pets get onto the football pitch, almost as good as sorts* with their knockers out running around the pitch at Wembley (though that sadly seems to have become a thing of the past) :ph34r:

Back on to football and as we head into February, the battles at the top and bottom of each division start to become more and more serious.

Speaking for myself and the team that will surely let me down before the season ends, Tottenham Hotspur FC, are in a strong position to finish in the top four. 

Winning the league is a real possibility, except this is Spurs we're talking about :lol:

Leicester have a tough month ahead with some pretty tasty matches, I don't see them lasting the pace. 

Arsenal could have the league sewn up by now but they don't seem to want it. I still think they'll pinch it.

Man City are a great team on paper, inconsistent in reality without certain key players.

Tottenham haven't had major injury problems yet and the tough training regime may cause them to tire before the end of the season. Plus it's Tottenham. We could though. We could fucking win it.

Heading down the divisions...Oxford and Ipswich, all to play for. Oxford I reckon will get automatic promotion this year. Ipswich in a good place to challenge for the play offs.

Oh and I see Cheatski just signed Pato :rolleyes:

*that's london slang for the superior sex ;) 

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Ipswich... whilst I would love to see Premiership football at Portman Road, we would be handed a new one every week and would struggle to get double figure points tally for the season.

I think we have to be realistic....there are only twenty places in the Prem and 92 (?) clubs in the top 4 divisions. We are a moderate to good (occasionally very good) Championship club with a good Championship management team and I would be happy to see that remain, with the occasional FA Cup run thrown in when we start taking the competition seriously

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

Heading down the divisions...Oxford and Ipswich, all to play for. Oxford I reckon will get automatic promotion this year. Ipswich in a good place to challenge for the play offs.

Nah, Oxford will win the league, win the FA Cup and win the JPT B)

It's been a great season for us as we're doing well in the league and cups but the games are building up to the extent we'll soon be playing 3 every week I expect! I'd be happy with a 3rd place finish this year and that's it as despite the 4 promotion places in League 2; it's a bitch of a league to get out of especially when you have massive teams like Portsmouth and Plymouth in there and a selection of tinpot teams who don't come to play football but play to sabotage your aspirations :lol: We have Blackburn at home in the FA Cup 4th Round on Saturday which should be a great but tough game - they are FA Cup tryhards and we may even have to field a second string as we have bigger fish to fry in the league and some huge games coming up.

We then have the JPT Southern Area Final on Tuesday night against Millwall - we beat those pricks 2-0 in the away leg and even with Wembley beckoning again; we may even have to field the womens team :D

Fantastic season though regardless of what happens up and down the leagues and as long as Arsehole or Swingdump Town don't win anything; it's a reasonable consolation :ph34r:

Ipswich... whilst I would love to see Premiership football at Portman Road, we would be handed a new one every week and would struggle to get double figure points tally for the season.

I think we have to be realistic....there are only twenty places in the Prem and 92 (?) clubs in the top 4 divisions. We are a moderate to good (occasionally very good) Championship club with a good Championship management team and I would be happy to see that remain, with the occasional FA Cup run thrown in when we start taking the competition seriously

I applaud that I really do, it's the only sensible approach I think if your team isn't owned by billionaires. Ipswish were a team capable of winning the top division back in the days before football went all showbusiness. 

The other way is to have your local team and also a team in the Prem. This seems to be a fairly modern phenomenon. Poor chap at work who supports Norwich and Arsenal cracks me up.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

And suddenly City wins the CL >_>

I seriously hope he manages to fuck it up. Unlikely I admit.

However. His arrival will mean wholesale changes all over the team. Bye bye to Yaya Toure for a start.

He will improve the team but how long that takes him will be important.

Either way, unless Arsenal spend big, this looks like their only chance of the PL for a while. Us too (until we get beat tonight by Norwich and I stop pretending we have a chance) :lol:.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Well considering Spurs passed us yesterday... (The match we played v Southampton was cringeworthy) I doubt Arsenal will win fuck all this year. He should have slammed some good money on the table during the transfer window and picked up Aubameyang or Icardi, hell, even Cavani would be an upgrade.