Football (Played with Feet)

Madjonny

RIP Legend 

image.png.04cd124e49108ddcc6f7d6bbb3a87c0d.png

WWW.BBC.CO.UK

Sir Bobby Charlton was one of England's greatest footballers and symbolised Manchester United both on and off the pitch.

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

On 10/21/2023 at 4:04 PM, Plumbers Crack said:

RIP Legend 

Second that, Dave.

11 hours ago, phil bottle said:

While it lasts, I shall rinse it. COYS 😁🥰🥳👊🫡😍🍻

One game at a time...and breathe 😅Great start and loving Maddison doing so well.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

FA CUP HIGHLIGHTS 🔴 Watch all the action from yesterdays historic victory 🏆 Read the full match report: https://buff.ly/3QsQ56p

Thought I'd share a little snippet of my own personal local club team. Coundon Court Ladies made history on Sunday, winning 2-0 in the last Qualifying Round of the FA Cup. First time ever making the 1st Round proper which is incredible. For a team that hasn't got the name or badge that people flock to in Coventry, we still are the highest ranked team in the City and this win was such good fun to be a part of. First goal was pure class...especially being in the crowd just where Jess slides off to celebrate! Same colours as FG too, clearly written in the stars ❤️🖤

In typical Spurs fashion, their entire season could implode on just one unfortunate game. Last night was crazy and the game had everything! Chelsea very lucky has usual. Big Ange I'm sure will steady the ship after the fantastic job he's done so far but these next few games could prove very difficult. 

Thought the attitude of the players and fans after the game have actually been pretty good. The team even got a standing ovation at the end of the game. I think there's a true belief in Big Ange.

Although I am a bit concerned about VDV pulling his hamstring — I wonder if Dier will be trusted as his backup or if they'll use someone like Hojberg?

Spurs already look to be eyeing up a few backup CBs for the upcoming transfer window.

10 point deduction has gone into effect at Everton which is devastating for them. They were beginning to turn it around too and now they sit joint bottom with Burnley. Although they have posted some bad finances, it's literally no different to Man City - the latter get away with it because they offset losses through false income given by their sister companies. Also City's lawyers are good at tangling litigation and drawing things out i.e making a mockery of the governing bodies. 115 charges and not one has been acted upon yet Everton who are still sustainable even with their losses get fried because they have no side-companies to generate fraudulent laundering methods. 

14 minutes ago, J4MES OX4D said:

10 point deduction has gone into effect at Everton which is devastating for them. They were beginning to turn it around too and now they sit joint bottom with Burnley. Although they have posted some bad finances, it's literally no different to Man City - the latter get away with it because they offset losses through false income given by their sister companies. Also City's lawyers are good at tangling litigation and drawing things out i.e making a mockery of the governing bodies. 115 charges and not one has been acted upon yet Everton who are still sustainable even with their losses get fried because they have no side-companies to generate fraudulent laundering methods. 

You beat me to it, was coming on here to say the same thing. This surely means City get an 1000 point deduction or relegated to the Sunday league? That seems to be fair if Everton are getting punished for being over 105m in debt over three years, instead they were 124.5m in debt.

It’s the old let’s punish the “smaller” clubs whilst the big boys get away with murder, so it looks like we’re doing something about it.

They should be strong against the big clubs too, City should be punished for what they’ve done and not a fine, money means nothing to them. Points or relegation, thats my unbiased opinion.

from,

a Man Utd fan

Part of me feels like we're either ignoring City's issues altogether or its waiting for the pivotal moment to effectively relegate them to League 2, abit like in Italy they did the same with Juventus. Makes me think City's lawyers are threatening the EPL with everything they possibly can.

Still, even with Everton's 10 points deducted, they're not bottom 👀🤣

Banger, one of the best goals you’ll ever see.

Nice to see us finally start to play well, Mainoo looked like exactly what we’ve been missing in midfield. What a way to play on your first start, so much promise in him.

We just need a strong performance on Wednesday and the weekend against Newcastle. I’d love for him to keep starting Mainoo and Garnacho, sick of watching Antony try and kick a ball. 

It's good to see Spurs break the losing streak they were on. I've been really enjoying Ange-Ball and if it wasn't for the few injuries they picked up they would've definitely been higher up the table. Although they definitely need to bring more quality in January.

I've noticed how there's a lot of teams with multiple injuries, the injury list for a lot of clubs is the worst I've seen, if my memory serves me right. Some clubs could make a team of 11 with the amount of people they've got out. I know Utds injury list is pretty bad, that mixed in with the ability to not be able to kick a football to each other is really hurting us. We just lost Maguire the other day and he's been our strongest player.

I wonder why this is, is it because of the number of games they're playing or is training more intense or are the youngsters not built the same as they used to be?

2 hours ago, tronic44 said:

I've noticed how there's a lot of teams with multiple injuries, the injury list for a lot of clubs is the worst I've seen, if my memory serves me right. Some clubs could make a team of 11 with the amount of people they've got out. I know Utds injury list is pretty bad, that mixed in with the ability to not be able to kick a football to each other is really hurting us. We just lost Maguire the other day and he's been our strongest player.

I wonder why this is, is it because of the number of games they're playing or is training more intense or are the youngsters not built the same as they used to be?

Dunno really, we're (Spurs) not in any cup competitions, so not that many games, yet still lots of injuries. Maybe the Fergie Time at the end of every game now is contributing?

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

19 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

Dunno really, we're (Spurs) not in any cup competitions, so not that many games, yet still lots of injuries. Maybe the Fergie Time at the end of every game now is contributing?

That's true, i never thought of the Fergie Time at the end of each game. I do find it hard to plan doing anything after a game because you never know when it's actually going to end.

The players don't even have to do it on a cold, wet Tuesday night in Stoke, so i don't see what their problem is haha

I'm guessing training has got a lot hard and that's why we're seeing these injuries, i'd read that Man Utd had such a heavy preseason that all the players were knackered before the season even kicked off....or at least that's an excuse i'm using.

56 minutes ago, tronic44 said:

That's true, i never thought of the Fergie Time at the end of each game. I do find it hard to plan doing anything after a game because you never know when it's actually going to end.

The players don't even have to do it on a cold, wet Tuesday night in Stoke, so i don't see what their problem is haha

I'm guessing training has got a lot hard and that's why we're seeing these injuries, i'd read that Man Utd had such a heavy preseason that all the players were knackered before the season even kicked off....or at least that's an excuse i'm using.

Yeah I imagine it's a combination of over training and too long game-time.

Although I'm pretty sure someone will try and say it's because of wokeness 😅🤣

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

1 minute ago, phil bottle said:

Yeah I imagine it's a combination of over training and too long game-time.

How can it be world class athletes, in world class facilities, on world class nutritional diets, being given world class training be getting over trained leading to injuries. It seems too silly to be true. Nevertheless it seems like the simple answer is yes.

However could it be anything to do with the fact that even while they're injured they're still making the same rediculous money as when they're fit and playing?

Just now, Lurchzy said:

How can it be world class athletes, in world class facilities, on world class nutritional diets, being given world class training be getting over trained leading to injuries. It seems too silly to be true. Nevertheless it seems like the simple answer is yes.

However could it be anything to do with the fact that even while they're injured they're still making the same rediculous money as when they're fit and playing?

No incentive to be fit.

40 minutes ago, Lurchzy said:

No incentive to be fit.

It's got nothing to do with how much they're paid, although that's a whole conversation by itself.

Blokes used to play professional football for fuck all back in the day, we play football because we love it and that's its own reward.

I think longer game time, plus all the VAR stopping games and waiting around for decisions probably tightens muscles etc 

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

37 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

It's got nothing to do with how much they're paid, although that's a whole conversation by itself.

Blokes used to play professional football for fuck all back in the day, we play football because we love it and that's its own reward.

I think longer game time, plus all the VAR stopping games and waiting around for decisions probably tightens muscles etc

Just a thinking point. Perhaps if they were getting paid 'fuck all' like they did 'back in the day', they wouldn't be getting as injured as much because they'd have more to lose?

I think it's probably just down to the way every tweek or niggle is micromanaged nowadays. And how they're treated as precious cargo which would play into your idea that waiting around for VAR causes injuries 😂

I think footballers aren't made of what they used to be. Owen did an interview with Simon Jordan, got ridiculed for his Apple in the bin part, which was quite funny watching it back. However, he said something that in his way didn't sound quite right but the underlying sentiment isn't probably far off. He said you don't need to be good anymore to be a premiership player, you just need to be able to be an athlete. I do think you need the skills and ability but I do think there's some truth in that footballers are designed from an early age to be as fit as you possibly can be and the fitness and conditioning work they do is not built from making them durable.

These days, they have the thinnest socks and boots you'd find and they wonder how many people break toes, etc. But they want them to 'feel' the football like its an extension of your foot. Its the way the game has evolved that makes it this way now. Not sure it'll turn the other way as its more entertainment than pure football these days.

Money will play its part too. If you earn an absolutely ridiculous amount, which they all do at that level, the back of their head will sometimes say don't push it, gotta be 100% fit otherwise kiss goodbye to a career of that money that won't last forever.

Injuries have killed us yet again. Its unbelievable that somehow we've been inconsistently crap but only 2 points off teh playoffs still. Quality is not there this year in the Championship.