Football (Played with Feet)

Madjonny

Conte has to go and he can take about 75% of the squad with him. I honestly don't know how Spurs are in 4th place right now and still they could be displaced by Liverpool if they win their game in hand. Another mediocre display last night from the get-go - anyone would think they were playing for a draw despite going out. Need a new manager with an attacking focus. Also need to dispose of the wealth of shit players on the books who will never improve or do anything for the club. 

9 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Conte has to go and he can take about 75% of the squad with him. I honestly don't know how Spurs are in 4th place right now and still they could be displaced by Liverpool if they win their game in hand. Another mediocre display last night from the get-go - anyone would think they were playing for a draw despite going out. Need a new manager with an attacking focus. Also need to dispose of the wealth of shit players on the books who will never improve or do anything for the club. 

I agree. 

On 3/17/2023 at 11:23 AM, phil bottle said:

Yep, they have form for getting done in Europe by goals from the halfway line. Shame though, I was hoping they'd get to the final.

I'm sure they'll use the excuse they're concentrating on the league. Was a lovely goal though!

Was a good FA Cup weekend overall. I managed to watch a bit of all the games, loads of goals!

Man City look favourites to win for me with Haaland looking back to his best. Burnley actually did ok for a bit but then City just blitzed them. They will likely do the same to Sheffield Utd in the semis. I would love to see Brighton make the final.

Being a Blackburn fan I was devastated with the game yesterday. At 2-1 up with 15 mins to go I was already looking for train tickets to London and texting @GazzaGarratt getting excited, but then it all went wrong 😢

Fair play to Grimsby they did ok, shame they let in such an early goal though as that killed their chances really.

Then the Utd Fulham game was exciting as well. Was a bit unlucky on Willian the handball and red card, but I don't get why Mitrovic was remonstrating so hard, you can see it's handball but he just totally lost his head.

1 minute ago, Findmartin said:

Being a Blackburn fan I was devastated with the game yesterday. At 2-1 up with 15 mins to go I was already looking for train tickets to London and texting @GazzaGarratt getting excited, but then it all went wrong 😢

Simply devastated yesterday 💔 Being so close to Wembley, somewhere where we haven't been since it has changed to the 'New' Wembley, would've been incredible and probably our best chance too. No fault on the players for me. Probably the tie of the round, 2 teams absolutely going for it, end to end. Whilst it could be said i'm bias, I think most were in agreement that Blackburn were the better team overall on the day and just needed one of those chances to go in at 2-1 up to kill the game off.

I'm hoping the international break will give Rovers time to get over the disappointment and push forward to try and seal a play off spot. Still chance to play at Wembley this year...

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

1 hour ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Simply devastated yesterday 💔 Being so close to Wembley, somewhere where we haven't been since it has changed to the 'New' Wembley, would've been incredible and probably our best chance too. No fault on the players for me. Probably the tie of the round, 2 teams absolutely going for it, end to end. Whilst it could be said i'm bias, I think most were in agreement that Blackburn were the better team overall on the day and just needed one of those chances to go in at 2-1 up to kill the game off.

I'm hoping the international break will give Rovers time to get over the disappointment and push forward to try and seal a play off spot. Still chance to play at Wembley this year...

Blackburn were pretty unlucky and probably could have and should've got that third goal. United did well to fight back a couple of times but it could've gone either way in the end. I think a foul should've been given on the halfway line leading up to the third - although contact was minimal, he clearly got struck in the face and the ref bottled it under the occasion. Rovers have the playoffs to fall back on which is way more important and another shot at Wembley. 

Fulham's implode last night was pretty unreal too!  

I hate international football but watched the first half against Italy and thought it was an excellent performance that could have produced more goals.

I knew they wouldn't sustain that in the second half but an away win against a very hard to beat side turns out to be one of the best England results in years. 

Declan Rice could be a quality player if he uses his brain a little more, he was superb imo.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

13 hours ago, phil bottle said:

I hate international football but watched the first half against Italy and thought it was an excellent performance that could have produced more goals.

I knew they wouldn't sustain that in the second half but an away win against a very hard to beat side turns out to be one of the best England results in years. 

Declan Rice could be a quality player if he uses his brain a little more, he was superb imo.

I'm actually shocked at how far Italy have fallen. Failed to get to the World Cup and they may even struggle to qualify for the Euros at this rate. Hard to believe they beat us in the final 18 months ago and could now go the same way Holland did. Just goes to show how significant those experienced players were for them. Great result for us though and I'm glad we've found our form after that diabolical and worrying Nations League campaign prior to the World Cup. Channel 4 coverage is so wank though🤣

38 minutes ago, J4MES OX4D said:
_124395517_bbcbreakingnewsgraphic.jpg
WWW.BBC.CO.UK

Manager Antonio Conte leaves Tottenham after 16 months in charge and his dismissal comes after he called...

Nagelsmann inbound.

We went to Wembley for the first time yesterday to watch England vs Ukraine and was thankful that England played really well first half as we were not far behind the goal that Kane and Saka scored in. Saka just looks even more dangerous in an England shirt and fast becoming the long term replacement for Sterling. Maddison I thought played really well too so it was good to see him get his chance yesterday. Its mental that we've just beaten the best 2 sides in our qualifying group without Foden barely touching the grass. Shows we have some decent depth in certain areas of the pitch now.

Shouldn't be underestimated too that even though Italy aren't the Euro Champions that they were a few years ago, it still takes a huge effort to get a result like that away from home.

In other news, Spurs just seem to me that everyone knows they need to get a change at the very top because the pattern hasn't been right for many years. Similar to the likes of when Arsenal had David Dein for years. Kept them sustainable making money but never threatened the Premiership for years. @James5497, not 100% on Nagelsmann coming in just yet as Levy has given Mason and Conte's assistant the job until the end of the season...which makes me think it gives him time to work out if Pochettino is still a likely target to get back before the start of next season.

2 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

In other news, Spurs just seem to me that everyone knows they need to get a change at the very top because the pattern hasn't been right for many years. Similar to the likes of when Arsenal had David Dein for years. Kept them sustainable making money but never threatened the Premiership for years. @James5497, not 100% on Nagelsmann coming in just yet as Levy has given Mason and Conte's assistant the job until the end of the season...which makes me think it gives him time to work out if Pochettino is still a likely target to get back before the start of next season.

I'm just being optimistic. Nagelsmann is a young promising project manager, which is the exact things we need right now. Someone the fans can get invested in.

19 minutes ago, James5497 said:

I'm just being optimistic. Nagelsmann is a young promising project manager, which is the exact things we need right now. Someone the fans can get invested in.

I agree but that also means the hierarchy giving him time (years) to rebuild to have any chance at being successful for a number of years.

Doesn't matter who Spurs appoint really - the archaic and out of touch owners need to sell up to make way for someone who can inject proper funding into the club to get with the times. In the past 5 years they've failed to sign players in two transfer windows and when funding has been available, it's been wasted on utter garbage. Some of these players will be very hard to get off books and incredibly expensive to pay off as it is, and then there's probably about 5-9 new faces required. Tottenham are really in a false position in the league and it's a damning reflection of how weak and inconsistent the Prem has been this year. Any other season in the past few and they would be struggling to get a top 7 finish. 

When I used to go to the lane back in the early to mid 2000's, I saw some god awful managers and players in that time and very little to build around but with players like Kane, Son and Romero, the foundation is being wasted. There's no depth either and I can't see how one manager can turn things around especially when they wouldn't be responsible for half the signings.