Football (Played with Feet)

Madjonny

So how does the FBI have any jurisdiction over this guy to investigate?

I really don't understand how FIFA works at all

There was evidence of laundering and corruption on US soil through banks which meant the FBI could undertake an investigation. A guy called Chuck Blazer who's a convicted corrupt former FIFA official is spilling the beans on the corruption as part of a plea bargain he agreed with the FBI and US prosecutors. The Swiss are covering a separate investigation into the bids for the 2018 and 2022 world cups in relation to bribery and interpol are just coming into the mix with their own one too which may be linked with the existing investigations ongoing. The UK have also instructed banks to assess their history with the people who were arrested in the US and Switzerland and if there is a case; the National Crime Agency will become the 4th body who will be investigating their own respective case.  

How many English players does City have now? Hart and Richards?

They have one more; forgotten ex England goalkeeper Richard Wright :lol: I also forgot that Jack Rodwell went to Sunderland and it seems Micah Richards is leaving so that will mean only Joe Hart is left! They'll probably splash out the case on a few big foreign names and then use their 'English' youth players from the academy to fill the void and satisfy UEFA's laxed and bendable rules... 

Belgium now second in world rankings!! 8 years ago they were 71st!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33002580

1. Germany 2. Belgium 3. Argentina 4. Colombia 5. Brazil 6. Netherlands 7. Portugal 8. Uruguay 9. France 10. Spain

15. England   22. Wales   28. Scotland   44. Northern Ireland   60. Republic of Ireland

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

Just saw that on reddit

man, this is some murky shit!

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Got to love the reviews tho

The Village Voice called it "not merely ham-fisted, but pork-shouldered, bacon-wristed, and sausage-elbowed".

The Guardian added that "as proof of corporate insanity it is a valuable case study."

Just when you thought it couldn't get any more bizzare....... :rolleyes:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33284185

Sepp Blatter: Fifa president says he did not resign

Sepp Blatter says he has not resigned as Fifa president.
The 79-year-old Swiss was thought to have ended his 17-year reign on 2 June amid claims of corruption in world football's governing body.
But, according to Swiss newspaper Blick,  Blatter told a party at a Fifa museum: "I did not resign. I put myself and my office in the hands of the Fifa congress."
Blatter is thought to be considering standing for re-election as president.
Two criminal investigations into Fifa corruption began in the week that Blatter was elected for a fifth term in charge.
Four days after being voted president, Blatter - who is reportedly under investigation in the United States - said: "While I have a mandate from the membership of Fifa, I do not feel that I have a mandate from the entire world of football.
"Therefore, I have decided to lay down my mandate at an extraordinary elective congress. I will continue to exercise my functions as Fifa president until that election."
However Blatter did not use the words 'resign' or 'resignation'.
Meanwhile, Blatter may not attend the final of the Women's World Cup in Canada because of the twin investigations into Fifa by American and Swiss authorities.
He would normally present the trophy to the winning team, but Fifa will not confirm whether Blatter or secretary general Jerome Valcke will attend.
A Fifa spokesperson said: "In terms of the Fifa president and the Fifa secretary general, their future travel plans will be confirmed in due course."

It's a funny old game. Power, corruption and lies are the order of the day. Just like most other things in life where money is involved.

The mass distraction itself needs a mass distraction.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Sports media are so incredibly lazy. The amount of players THFC have been linked with defies belief.

The one from Ukraine apparently arriving in London was actually in Madrid. This was last week, yet today even that bastion of free speech (sarcasm alert) the daily mail is saying we're after him.

Apparently we're also after half of Monaco's squad. Never mind most of the ones linked have either already been sold to another team or just signed a new contract.

Yet I can't resist checking out NewsNow about 100 million times a day :lol:

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Looking like Ramos to Man Utd. Trying to make a statement early in the window. Even though he's decent, can't help but feel he's abit of a liability though.

Forum Signature Test.png

Ramos to united will be good for them. But they still need world class around him. Being honest the rest of the players united have in defence aren't good enough for a top 4 team. De Gea was the main reason United even did as well as they did. Gonna be interesting to see if he stays or no.

Well the Lionesses went out in typical English fashion - it was either going to be penalties or a last-gasp disaster and it was the latter. We played well in what was a cagey game but didn't take our chances in that second half spell we had and Japan; who were utter garbage all game going forward, nicked it in hideous fashion. Whether it be men's or the women's; England just suck when it matters and are simply cursed :ph34r: