Getting Clan ready for Destiny 2

GazzaGarratt

9 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Changed the Forever Gaming motto currently to:

Let's go FG. Let's Cabal's Deep.

:)

Hope we don't get any English teachers applying...."Let's Cabal's Deep"? Is there a word missing?

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

5 minutes ago, Plumbers Crack said:

Hope we don't get any English teachers applying...."Let's Cabal's Deep"? Is there a word missing?

Say it quickly Dave......

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

1 minute ago, Plumbers Crack said:

Sorry, still not getting it Lee....

Cabal's (Go Balls) Deep.

I thought it was quite ingenious at the time Chris said it....

So we are now set to a Clan which will mean we will get the perks that has been mentioned previously. I'll keep an eye out to what is involved in it as there isn't anything showing on Bungie.net as of yet.

Make sure if you're new to the clan you register the clan to show uo against your gamertag - you have to do it through bungie.net and the Interact button.

I'll look into a Clan roster shortly. Anything people want to see or others things you'd like to do to get ready?

So with the new update on the website, we now have an FG Clan roster via the Clubs section. I'm bot saying this is the final way of us showing who's in the clan but let's start here as its good to have who we've got on here in a list. You can join it currently as I've left it as Open.

What other thing's do people want to see, track, do?

Destiny Companion App is getting updated next week (23rd August). Make sure you download it as Clan features will be a part of it and looks like it will be easier to see stuff within there.

Via the FG App

iOSClans.png

Oathkeeper's score is going to be seen on the new app and imo it has to do with the amount of times we all use Guided Games. I think we should encourage all of us to at least try Guided Games a number of times in the early days as this is key to our clan sustaining a solid base.

I'm in interested to see more info on it as at the moment its just for the Nightfall and Raid. Thinking about the word Oathkeeper it may also be related to how successful rather than disbanding and returning to orbit. Either way, its ace we all get to work together to make the clan rewards greater so we all receive decent loot.

It is certainly going to be interesting to see how it all works out.  For one reason or another we have struggled to complete some raids but I do hope with more players and more time being put in to it we can get through the new raid easily.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

Right, time to step it up in just a few week's time. We need to make sure we are all around to help new people as well the existing people. We need the mods on the Clan to make sure they are around and are advocates of the FG Clan when we're out and about having fun.

Based on our current structure it makes sense for @TigerBurge and @SensaiNemesis to help and pick up the North America timezone and for @Stretch616, @Baabcat and myself to pick up the European timezone. @The3rdWalker will pick up the PC clan people initially and we'll see how things pick up from there if we need more. Rob, shout up if you're suggesting there's others that will be helping as mods from Day 1. As we only have a few from the East / Asia way, i'm thinking of finding a few within the group we have now to see if they want to be involved in helping us grow on that timezone too.

I want to try and be more pro-active not only with new people but existing ones. We will need to help organise nights on whenever we can and be more conscious of all clan members not just the ones online the most.

If you guys don't want to do this or feel its better suited to others just shout up. I also want others that feel they want to be a major part of our clan engagement then please shout up too. There will be tons to find and help others out with.

From what I'm reading we may not need to have a 2nd clan operating as 100 members per platform can join apparently.

I got it added on xbox just to see if it worked and it does so we may be okay but we won't know until the PC version is available as there's no option for PC yet.

Via the FG App

I was able to have Xb1 members join the PC side of the clan page. 

Okay. Thats good they could join it but we should check how it all works cos it makes sense to just have one clan name if possible. We only created the new one just in case we needed the FG name on PC. If anyone can check how this all works that'd be great. Its pretty confusing when I google stuff I get contradictory messages.

Via the FG App

So Guided Games will be rolled out as “limited-access ‘soft beta'”, with only a few solo players able to access it on September 12. Grabbed the following from 24/7:

“For Guided Games to have a successful launch, we need time for enough players to form into real Clans and be ready to guide other Guardians,” Bungie explained. “If there are too many solo Seekers and not enough Clan Guides, the queues for matching will be quite long.”

The soft beta will let them increase the number of players in Guided Games throughout September, as Clans establish and grow bigger. During this period, all Clans will be able to lend a hand to solo players, so check the dates and times for the beta and full launch of the feature below. Although Bungie hasn’t specified a timezone, I’m guessing they’re using PT as they normally so, and have worked out the corresponding timezones based on that.

Nightfall Guided Games Beta:

- September 12th, 10AM PT/ 1PM ET/ 6PM BST

- 30-50% of players will be given seeker access, depending on clan participation in Destiny 2 during the first week

Nightfall and Raid Guided Games:

- September 26th, 10AM PT/ 1PM ET/ 6PM BST

- Target: 100% of players will be given seeker access

So based on this it sounds like we just play as normal under the Clan tag in the first week and then we'll get to make ourselves available to help solo players on the Nightfall. It would be ideal as many people as possible to do so as that's what this game is all about. Helping others and completing more activities.

If others then want to join us, then that becomes an added bonus.

Sound like a plan?

Clan banners are active and we can all earn XP now!

Everyone is hitting it hard and right now the live total is 600k out of 1million.

This really is awesome and how you see a pop up every time someone gets some XP is brilliant.

Whilst we're thinking of clan stuff now is there anything particular people want from the clan?

Personally, I'm really keen on all clan members helping each other out. I've already noticed how easy it is to invite people, equally easy for people to go. We are a family here so we should think about how we can help each other and new people too.

Honestly, its one of the best things to see live, how we're all helping each other getting closer to some bonuses. Nice one FG.

1 hour ago, NCA-Paendrag said:

Well, I haven't gotten any help from you fuckers!

*heads back to finish the campaign*

Received the clan invite and earning XP too :)

I'm horrible at invites but if I'm in a party jump in or message me and I'll help with whatever.