FG Minecraft Server

The3rdWalker

2 hours ago, Plumbers Crack said:

Anybody got tips for where to build? Thought I'd lucked in when I found a half finished house but it had a bed so I left it.

How far from each other should we build?

Dave, I'm finding the best thing to do is explore. Explore, explore, explore.

The map is HUGE so for me personally look at just taking it all in and go much further out than the spawn. My house is around 1km away SW of spawn.

By exploring you will most probably come across an abondoned house that you may want to make your own. If you're worried its someone elses I've asked everyone to share house co-ordinates so you know whos is whos and you can put waypoints down so you know if you're too close to someone elses area.

There is a massive area South of spawn if you want to start there? Refer back to Bart's map in the other thread if you're trying to work out how far you've gone.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

1 hour ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Dave, I'm finding the best thing to do is explore. Explore, explore, explore.

The map is HUGE so for me personally look at just taking it all in and go much further out than the spawn. My house is around 1km away SW of spawn.

By exploring you will most probably come across an abondoned house that you may want to make your own. If you're worried its someone elses I've asked everyone to share house co-ordinates so you know whos is whos and you can put waypoints down so you know if you're too close to someone elses area.

There is a massive area South of spawn if you want to start there? Refer back to Bart's map in the other thread if you're trying to work out how far you've gone.

Does explore, explore, explore = die, die, die now we're in normal mode? :lol::lol::lol:

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

If anyone wants to claim a house, stick a sign on it (top 2 rows planks, stick bottom middle), you can then label the house.

Bart labeled mine for me, so if you see "Sheasley, house of beards," that's my place. Lol

Via the FG App

BEARDED, FOR HER PLEASURE

1 hour ago, jSyn66 said:

Bart labeled mine for me, so if you see "Sheasley, house of beards," that's my place. Lol

Via the FG App

Please say it has a tree with a big black beard next to it. If not, it needs to.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

2 hours ago, Sennex said:

Taking a break from spawn, and looking for a spot to make my own

That island will be awesome man.  Hope you can work it out how you're hoping.  

The spawn is great.  I checked it out tonight after you got off.  I've never seen the logs w/ the buttons in the center to look like metal sticking out.  Might steal that idea sometime!  I went to the Twilight Forest.  All was well.  I don't know how to set additional spawn points up other than /home /spawn, those are the only two I have.  But, that's a great idea to set a waypoint up in the other world to mine.  I like that.  

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

5 hours ago, Sennex said:

Taking a break from spawn, and looking for a spot to make my own

I don't blame you, that has been a lot of work already.  Now I have almost finished my house, stick some road blocks in a chest and I'll carry it on for a bit.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

For those of us who have settled on a house we could start building it.  I have a specific chest in my basement for the railway stuff (rails, carts, redstone etc.).  Though I think Bart said it would best to run it around block 15 or something so at some point I will need to bore down 40ish levels.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

If we want to start gathering all of that in one place it would be easier when we all start the project

Level 20 is good, its just above diamonds, but below most everything else.

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

11 hours ago, Sennex said:

If we want to start gathering all of that in one place it would be easier when we all start the project

Level 20 is good, its just above diamonds, but below most everything else.

I'd really like to get involved with the railway stuff.  Can we try to arrange a time that a decent number of us can get on?  It's lovely to log on to find things built, but I can't build in the spawn area and I have no idea what the plans are.  I'll start a rail thread too.

20 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

I shall also buy a monkeybike......

The railway would be a fun community project.  We need a time/date and put it on the FG calendar.  

If we all can have in mind what resources we need specifically we can start gathering up to that day.  

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

This isn't a project that will be quick at all.

Setting a date is a great idea for the initial setup. But after that its going to come down to individuals working their asses off

Having done a few projects on this scale in the past, I would say we need to set up a few things before the actual building.

1. We need a resource gathering group.
  2. A Mining group to clear out the build areas
  3. A design group

So there will be overlap here. 

We will also need a central rail-yard to store all the materials for building supplies of which we will need a massive amount.

'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

24 minutes ago, Sennex said:

This isn't a project that will be quick at all.

Setting a date is a great idea for the initial setup. But after that its going to come down to individuals working their asses off

Having done a few projects on this scale in the past, I would say we need to set up a few things before the actual building.

1. We need a resource gathering group.
  2. A Mining group to clear out the build areas
  3. A design group

So there will be overlap here. 

We will also need a central rail-yard to store all the materials for building supplies of which we will need a massive amount.

We need to start with a design idea I'd imagine, so we know which materials to gather.  

Any examples out there that you like?  

2 minutes ago, BO7H B4RRELS said:

We need to start with a design idea I'd imagine, so we know which materials to gather.  

Any examples out there that you like?  

I can toss a few together with explanations about why I did what I did in the build tonight.