FG Minecraft Server

The3rdWalker

I played it for a bit on the PS3 but i found it a bit boring, always knew i'd get on with the PC version. I love that there's so much you can do, every time you come back to it there's something new you find or learn. Although running should have probably been learnt on day 1 :lol:

1 hour ago, crispymorgan said:

I'll be on tonight. I can help with vanilla Minecraft questions. All this new magic stuff has me slightly bewildered.

Other than the Project E mod, I actually don't know a damned thing about the other Magic mods that are installed.

Thaumcraft is crazy complex, but I think thats a good thing. We can all learn it together.

I will try to post up a few more guides in the beginner thread. 

However, the easiest way to learn this stuff is when you are in game, if you move your mouse over an item that looks cool to you, it will tell you which mod it is from

hqdefault.jpg

In that one, the Greatwood leaves are from the Thaumcraft mod

You then go over to google, and search for Thaumcraft Getting Started, or Thaumcraft beginners guide

Its how I learned all this shit over the last 5 years.

Another example of the tooltip

SdGdQhr.png

We don't have this crop mod in the game, its just an example of the tooltip we have.

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

OK Bart I've downloaded Minecraft and slung a tenner in the pot to cover me for a while to see how I get on.....what do I do next?

My Gamertag for Minecraft is PlumbersCrack56

This is weird...I'm running a PS4 with good graphics and I've bought into a game that's made of blocks that I'm running on a laptop I share with my wife (no, I don't want my own PC)!!

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

I posted instructions somewhere around here. I have to zip off to a meeting real fast, or I would link them

Follow the instructions I posted. If you run into issues, post here and we can help you sort it out.

its all fairly straightforward. I can help you on whatsapp if needed. Just be prepared to take pics and send them to me.

'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

OK Bart I've downloaded Minecraft and slung a tenner in the pot to cover me for a while to see how I get on.....what do I do next?

My Gamertag for Minecraft is PlumbersCrack56

This is weird...I'm running a PS4 with good graphics and I've bought into a game that's made of blocks that I'm running on a laptop I share with my wife (no, I don't want my own PC)!!

The Minecraft threads are getting mental but if you trawl through you'll find the following:

Post from Bart with a couple of zipped folders to grab.

Post from Bart with nifty step by step guide.

Also, get Discord.

Get the files and the guide and you'll be good to go. There'll be folk on Discord later if you have any issues. Me included.

Bart will need to add your name to the whitelist so you can access the server too.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I've got family around tonight so not sure if i'll make it on tonight but if I am, I'm happy to help out anyone.  Though my knowledge is limited to vanilla console minecraft from a number of years ago so there is a lot I don't know.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

yea, I think I posted that I would in another thread.

I will put the basic road blocks, not the glowstone. I need to sort out how I plan on lighting the road still

OK...it's been a long day and it's also been a long time since I've done anything like this

I didn't read ALL of Bart's installation guide, I missed the "read more" option and I've screwed up the install. Problem is I've deleted it all twice and every time I reinstall, it puts everything back exactly as it was before. Are you able to start again with a completely fresh install including an "empty" game launcher? Also, do I have to unzip the FG zip file or is that done by Forge? If I do, where do I unzip it to?

Cheers guys!

Spoiler

I'm not sure on the fresh install, I would have though deleting everything and starting again should create a completely new game.

As for the FG.zip, yes you will need to unzip it and put the relevant resource, mods etc. files in to the mincecraft folders.

8 minutes ago, Plumbers Crack said:

OK...it's been a long day and it's also been a long time since I've done anything like this

I didn't read ALL of Bart's installation guide, I missed the "read more" option and I've screwed up the install. Problem is I've deleted it all twice and every time I reinstall, it puts everything back exactly as it was before. Are you able to start again with a completely fresh install including an "empty" game launcher? Also, do I have to unzip the FG zip file or is that done by Forge? If I do, where do I unzip it to?

Cheers guys!

Greboth nailed it.

The guide I cobbled together is really quick and to the point, if you read it entirely and point me at parts that are confusing I can work on clearing anything up.

May have solved the problem...the bottom left of the launcher reads...

Minecraft 1.7.10

MCP v9.05

FML v7.10.99.99

Minecraft Forge 10.13.4.1566

3 mods loaded, 3 mods active

.....is this right?

Tommy it's a problem with Java, just check you can run Java commands.

open cmd
prompt/run
java -version

If you get an error there then I'd suggest reinstalling java 1.8

[mention=34]BO7H B4RRELS[/mention]

I'll give it a try. Thanks.

Via the FG App

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

No

you most likely need to move the files in the Zip file, to the actual directory you created for the game

The last few sections of my write up describe how to do this, but here it is again.

The Zip file has 3 files in it. They should be Config, Mods, Resourcepacks

You need to put those into the game directory you created. The files already exists, so you are going to MERGE them, or if windows asks you, Choose the REPLACE option

If you do it right, it should say something like this

Minecraft 1.7.10

MCP v9.05

FML v7.10.99.99

83 mods loaded, 83 mods active

Note, it says either 63 or 83, I don't remember which at this point. However, your number of 3 is wrong

11 minutes ago, Plumbers Crack said:

Minecraft 1.7.10

MCP v9.05

FML v7.10.99.99

.....is this right?

On ‎04‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 5:15 PM, Sennex said:

Phil, I was replying to Greboth, but since I was on phone, it didn't quote him as it should, However!

When you load the game up, in the lower left hand corner, if it doesn't say this:

Then something is wrong. Let me know, and I will try to direct you how to fix it

I can't see Imgur at work but from memory it should have an extra line and be 80+ mods loaded.

Edit: Argh! beaten like a ginger step child.

I'm sure it's nothing. I've probably just got some of my various Minecraft folders/versions crossed up. I'll delete it all and start fresh. Just haven't had time to dig into it.

I was in single player, but No, not with this mod pack.

Via the FG App

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

26 minutes ago, Plumbers Crack said:

Minecraft 1.7.10

MCP v9.05

FML v7.10.99.99

.....is this right?

I had the same first time I did it. I reinstalled but in a different drive. Also, I think I may have not pasted the JVM arguments text properly.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg